Any way to lock old topics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I have no problem with viewing old topics if something from a month or older has the answer to the question I have. However, I constantly see really old threads brought back to the top of the forums from some low level account. I can go back through the PC Hardware forums and bring up an old post created back in 2007 if I wanted.

Do you guys have a way to lock old threads that haven't been responded to....for maybe a month or some length of time? Some way to keep low level posters from grabbing things that are years old and bumping the threads to the top....please?

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I have no problem with viewing old topics if something from a month or older has the answer to the question I have. However, I constantly see really old threads brought back to the top of the forums from some low level account. I can go back through the PC Hardware forums and bring up an old post created back in 2007 if I wanted.

Do you guys have a way to lock old threads that haven't been responded to....for maybe a month or some length of time? Some way to keep low level posters from grabbing things that are years old and bumping the threads to the top....please?

neatfeatguy
They don't right now, I'm afraid. Most of us have been pushing for an auto-lock system for awhile, where topics lock by themselves if they haven't received any posts after a certain amount of time.