Anniversary Emblem for gs users

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Macgyver40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Macgyver40
Member since 2006 • 13159 Posts

I would like to make a suggestion for the gamespot community. I was thinking that perhaps gamespot would consider the idea of anniversary emblems for the community. Gamespot users could get an emblem for their profile for being on one year then if they are on for 2 years they get a different aniversary emblem that replaces the previous one. This would be a rotating emblem in the sence that users can have only one anniversary emblem for the amount of time that users have been here on gamespot. I think that this might promote some longevity in users staying here and it would be neat to have something special to recognise users who enjoy being a part of the community. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.8)

Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
I really like this idea, I wouldn't mind having it. Just as long as they make it spiffy looking, or have an emblem contest for users to create one themselves.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Good idea.. but i've been around on GS for over 15 years.. going way way back when we posted on CNet forums and it was a requirement that your real name was your username. Things have changed here at GS since those days.. wow have they changed. And it's awesome!
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
great idea :)
Wren28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wren28
Member since 2005 • 27811 Posts
I too like this idea as I, for some strange reason, like to know how long people have been on GS.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I think it's a great idea. I'm sure all GS users would like to be 'rewarded' for the length of time they have been here.
Macgyver40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Macgyver40
Member since 2006 • 13159 Posts
like you i am interested in knowing how long people have been here on gs. Also this information might help new members become more comfortable by allowing them to turn to more experiance users with questions they might have.
Eragon_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eragon_11
Member since 2004 • 5022 Posts
Good idea.. but i've been around on GS for over 15 years.. going way way back when we posted on CNet forums and it was a requirement that your real name was your username. Things have changed here at GS since those days.. wow have they changed. And it's awesome!Rattlesnake_8
15?! Gamespot started in '96 didnt it? *oh..posted on cnet...my bad*
Hilux-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hilux-
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts

Great idea,

How about giving that emblem only to users who come to gamespot most of the days of the year (got this idea from fastesttruk).

about my thoughts: How about giving an emblem for user's after 6 mnth's form singing in . and after that replacing it with a new one after completting a full year. and after that replacing  it with a new one after comopletting 2,5 years.

hope you like the idea

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
I like this Idea :)
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I don't really think this is needed.  You have a date as to when you first joined GameSpot in your profile.
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts

Year 2, 5, 10... should have an emblem and you can only have one of them. So if you are here for 5 years then you don't have the 2 year emblem.

So yeah, I would like the idea to be implemented.

StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
That would be awesome, it would be cool since i've been here for 4 years
rohver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 rohver
Member since 2005 • 11848 Posts
I like the idea.
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#15 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
not a bad idea...it would encourage members to stick around for longer i guess...i guess it should require that members actually use the accounts tho...ppl that have long left and forgotten about their accounts dnt really deserve such an emblem...altho i guess it wouldn't matter if they were given one either...they just would never really see it... overall it's a nice idea, altho not really necessary...it would almost be like getting an emblem for free...
KEITH1437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 KEITH1437
Member since 2006 • 2735 Posts
sounds good to me
mjwickstrom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mjwickstrom1
Member since 2005 • 20454 Posts

Stupid. In my opinion emblems have to be earned, and getting an emblem for being a Gamespot member for a year isn't hard work. You could just join and then have the emblem one year later with minimal activity.

If Gamespot did decide to have this emblem available it should be for a year of great contributions to Gamespot, and even then people would spam all over the site to get it.

Why do people care so much about emblems.

Davidhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Davidhye
Member since 2005 • 12018 Posts

cool idea! 1,2,5,10,15,20 years emblems would be cool

but mods don't reply to this thread for some reason :( 

cmhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cmhawk
Member since 2003 • 16494 Posts
sounds like a cool idea imo wud b funny if they did the emblem as if it was ur age or summat. so 4 peeps who had been a member for 3 years it would say 3 years old on the emblem or summat lol
xJBones79x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 xJBones79x
Member since 2006 • 2494 Posts

cool idea! 1,2,5,10,15,20 years emblems would be cool

but mods don't reply to this thread for some reason :(

Davidhye
I don't think that new comers will even last 5 or 10 years not to mention 20. Anyway it sound like a good idea...
kappareign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kappareign
Member since 2007 • 2413 Posts

Stupid. In my opinion emblems have to be earned, and getting an emblem for being a Gamespot member for a year isn't hard work. You could just join and then have the emblem one year later with minimal activity.

If Gamespot did decide to have this emblem available it should be for a year of great contributions to Gamespot, and even then people would spam all over the site to get it.

Why do people care so much about emblems.

mjwickstrom1

i have to agree, anyone could just make a GS account, then come back 2 years later and they would have "earned" the emblem without even doing anything. sign up date is already shown in everyones profile. i dont think anyone needs a new little badge just to show people 'i was here before you'

magicmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magicmo
Member since 2004 • 10483 Posts
I like the idea.  I think it rewards loyalty.  I would think that some would not like just because there was no one using their accounts for so long.  On the flipside of that, I think that after six months of no activity, the account should be deleted.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
I support this. It certainly does show your support and activity in the community... unlike the many live feed emblems