All of my enhancement ideas (from site resolution to emblems)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
This is a list of ideas that I have come up. Tell me what you think and if you wish for any of these to be implemented.

Union Telegrams:

1. Add this to the Telegram sending page (not sure what else to call it). The editing bar makes posting and sending PM's very easy; and there's another point! If GS has this in the PM system, why not in the telegram pages?
  2. This was stated in Unions Version 2, but I feel that it must be said again. Instead of it saying a telegram is from the person who made it, it should say its from the union itself. This will help erase all confusion I have seen in the past.
  3. Remove all text limits from the telegram so that multiple messages dont need to be sent out.
  4. Maybe another option as well. Something where you can send a message to only recruits, it would only be used to inform them of an officer position that has opened up though.

Union Videos:

I have a very simple idea for how Union Videos should work. For anyone who is given permission to upload a video (similar to updates), there would be a button under the Post Update button saying "Upload a Video". And then under the Video tab in the union, videos would be catagorized under things like Game, and then sub-catagorized under the games name (also things like newest additions could be implemented as well. Then, once the video has been successfully uploaded it would show up when someone searched Gamespot for a video that fit the description and maybe even a search function within the union that allows someone to search only in that one spot for a video. So if someone searched for a Twilight Princess video the would be able to see the ATNU Twilight Princess Boss' video with all the boss' from the game, in the normal Gamespot search and also in the union video search.

Preview Poll:

When you preview a message, the poll should appear above the message in a new topic. Also we should be able to use Emoticons in Polls.

The Spoiler Tags:

It would be nice if instead of it looking like this [spoiler] hi [/spoiler] you could make the spoiler tag say anything. I will use my union as an example:

In my union Review Archives, I have set up the spoiler tag to make the page more compact, but in this vision, you would be able to make the titles (i.e. Game Cube Reviews) be the expansion link.

User Reviews:

When you go to a users profile and browse their reviews it should be organized in a better way. Maybe alphabetically, maybe by most recommended, or even different options that you can switch in between. But for people that have alot of reviews (I am not one of them) this could make it easier to see which ones people like more, or make it easier for other people to find reviews from certain people.

Also, when searching User Reviews in a games Gamespace, maybe the reviews could be orgainized from Most Recommended here as well, instead of having it newest reviews - oldest reviews, because maybe some of the older ones are better and easier to understand with minimal spoiler

Afficionado Emblems:

My idea is that instead of having a GC afficionado or an XBox afficionado emblem you would have a Fan emblem. Like instead of PS2 it would be Sony Fan and it would all depend on the number of games for a console by a specific company. I believe it would work well and it would fit people better than an afficionado emblem that can change instantly by adding a game to your collection. And yes I did take into consideration of PC afficionado, that probably wouldn't change or maybe its name would just change to PC Gamer. I believe my description for this was understandable, and I do think its a good idea.

Also, I think Wii VC games, and some XBox Live Arcade games would work too, could be used towards getting the Old School emblems because the games technically are old school games.

Thats all I have right now on the subject, and I think this would work better than what is currently up.

Site Resolution:

I know alot of people complain that the site is set for 800 X 600 resolution. But maybe under the preferences for each user you could add choices for higher monitor resolutions. This would stop alot of peoples complaints about it, and just make the default 800 X 600.