A breif list of possible mprovements:

This topic is locked from further discussion.

I-am-the-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 I-am-the-Panda
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts

I would like to see the following happen:

1. Be able to favourite game trailers, teasers, videos to show what you've found cool.

2. Hits counter on blogs. The comments doesn't tell me how many people have seen my blogs.

3. Place polls on your blog. See what your freinds think about things without bringing them to a clogged forum.

4. More specific games. Games you're tracking divided into PS3, 360, WII, DS, PSP, PC, etc.

5. An add-on ot accomodate PSN users. XBL users have it, why not us?

6. Poll the ads. I've seen to many 'Make 300 in 20 minute' ads. Please do a brief poll for users to describe their favourite ads less the games, which always change and would bring around fanboyism in the votes.

7. More video reviews. I don't like to stress over reading whether a games good or not. I'd prefer to watch it. And footage.

8. More feedback on this forum. C'mon at least half the posts here get a look in! At least comment on them all!

9. More of a chance for emblems. yes, this may put me as an emblem savage, but a more opportunities to grab some would be nice.

10. Better blog promotion. Instead of having 3 featured blogs that are all filed under editorial, have a list of categories for blogs, and have the best blogs from that particular category of blogs.

That is all (only that!) I request you think about. Thanks for your time. if they don't read this, you've wased my time, yet again!

Donkeljohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#2 Donkeljohn
Member since 2003 • 4087 Posts
Thanks for the post Panda. Based on you list. . .

I would like to see the following happen:

1. Be able to favourite game trailers, teasers, videos to show what you've found cool.

2. Hits counter on blogs. The comments doesn't tell me how many people have seen my blogs.

3. Place polls on your blog. See what your freinds think about things without bringing them to a clogged forum.

4. More specific games. Games you're tracking divided into PS3, 360, WII, DS, PSP, PC, etc.

5. An add-on ot accomodate PSN users. XBL users have it, why not us?

6. Poll the ads. I've seen to many 'Make 300 in 20 minute' ads. Please do a brief poll for users to describe their favourite ads less the games, which always change and would bring around fanboyism in the votes.

7. More video reviews. I don't like to stress over reading whether a games good or not. I'd prefer to watch it. And footage.

8. More feedback on this forum. C'mon at least half the posts here get a look in! At least comment on them all!

9. More of a chance for emblems. yes, this may put me as an emblem savage, but a more opportunities to grab some would be nice.

10. Better blog promotion. Instead of having 3 featured blogs that are all filed under editorial, have a list of categories for blogs, and have the best blogs from that particular category of blogs.

That is all (only that!) I request you think about. Thanks for your time. if they don't read this, you've wased my time, yet again!

I-am-the-Panda

. . . I have some feedback:

1. We used to have that, but it was removed when we upgraded the video player and moved to our wide format earlier this year. Right now it is a function not set to return to the site.

2. if I understand your request correctly, you want more discreet metrics on your individual blog posts beyond the profile views available in your About Me page? That is an interesting idea. We looked at that during the redesign, but chose not to implement it.

3. Man, I would love to see that happen. I have a lot of places I want to place polls around the site. Profiles are only one of them. Hopefully you will see that in 2009 . . . though that is not a promise or a commitment. ;)

4. I am not sure what functionality you want to see that is not already available. If you go to your tracked games list then click on the Platform header, it should automatically sort your games by platform. You can also do it by release date, genre, score, and other categories.

5. Again, I don't know what kind of add-on you are looking for. If you mean a gamercard like xbox.com provides, then you may want to lobby Sony. Right now only thrid-party sites really support the whole what-games-are-you-playing-on-your-PS3 plan or check-out-my-phat-trophy-collection display. The good news is Sony is finally merging their official online community site with user PSN IDs. Hopefully once that is complete, we can take another look at some PSN ID displays.

6. . . . ? I would really like to know what is being suggested here, but I am not entirely sure. It seems like you are suggesting a smart way to have ads targeted, but I am not sure.

7. The GameSpot Live team uses video to complement the written review not to supplant it. Over the years, GameSpot has improved the written review accessibility to incorporate easy-to-digest emblems, Good and Bad sections, and a strong introductory paragraph to summarize (as best as possible) the gameplay experience likely to be found with the title. Right now we don't have any plans to expand the video reviews, but you may see some adjustments over the next 18 months. That's not inside information, that's just the timetable I've noticed things have been adjusted and improved lately.

8. Take this exhaustive response as proof we read these posts. It won't happen all the time, but rest assured we are reading them.

9. In the last two months we have had nearly a dozen opportunities for emblems. I can't remember a time (short of when emblems were first rolled out) where we have offered so many unique profile accoutrements.

10. We made the conscious decision to promote editorials via our Soapbox feature since editorials represent the most thoughtful, articulate, and sophisticated commentary our users provide. I am a big fan of reading user blogs, editorials and otherwise. However, promoting rants, endorsing political commentary, or forcing religious views that some users uphold into the limelight are not the best use of community web pages. I can appreciate a desire to be able to search through categories. Perhaps placing a module on the Community Hub would be a good way for users to access a page to search blog entries or discussion topics ear marked with particular categories. I can certianly add that one to the investigate pile.

Like I said, I read these, and I am not the only staff member who does. Making contributions here is not a waste of time. However, the time I spend responding to topics is time I could be spending making sure the good ideas and site improvements are picked up and implemented. there is just as much of an opportunity cost on our end as there is on your end.

:)

I-am-the-Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#3 I-am-the-Panda
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts
Thanks for the post Panda. Based on you list. . . [QUOTE="I-am-the-Panda"]

Donkeljohn

6. . . . ? I would really like to know what is being suggested here, but I am not entirely sure. It seems like you are suggesting a smart way to have ads targeted, but I am not sure.

What I'm saying is ask the users what ads they prefer the most, so you get happier players. I want to see ads that are relevant to me.