At first glance, you might mistake Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The art style, environment, and enemy design certainly resemble the SNES classic. When you watch four heroes cooperatively explore its world, it also brings Four Swords Adventures to mind. But when you enter a dungeon, it becomes clear what sets Rogue Heroes apart: procedural generation.
Each dungeon pulls from a set of pre-designed rooms, some of which involve challenging combat or puzzles to be solved. Expect to encounter locked doors requiring keys if you want to reach the final chamber of these dangerous dungeons. You can watch us try (and fail) to complete the first one in the video above.
Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos is one of many exciting indie games we got to try at PAX East 2020. It's currently in development for PC.
PAX East 2020 PIN
- 5 Awesome Games You May Not Know About
- 20 Minutes Of Animal Crossing: New Horizons Co-op Gameplay (Off-Screen)
- How Larian Studios Hopes To Transcend Baldur's Gate 3's Legacy
- + Show More PAX East 2020 PIN Links (7)
- Borderlands 3 New Lovecraft-Themed DLC Sees The Return Of BL2's Gaige
- Every Secret From The Baldur's Gate 3 Opening Cinematic
- The Games Of PAX East 2020 -- Animal Crossing, Streets Of Rage 4, And Doom Eternal
- PAX East And Other PAX Events Will Go Forward Amid Coronavirus Concerns
- The Mayor Of Boston Is Urging Sony To Return To PAX East
- Square Enix Scales Back Final Fantasy 14 PAX East Plans Over Coronavirus
- Another Major Game Company Scales Back PAX Presence, As Capcom Announces Changes