Still a GREAT game even in 2010!
1. Awesome story line and first rate voice overs by Vin Deisel and other actors like Ron Perlman. I was surprised at how good the story was. It really pulls you into the game. There are also a bunch of cool surprises in the story line that make it a bit more enjoyablr.
2. Graphics are absolutely first rate. Heck, I'm just now playing the game and they still look great. Not Gears of War or Halo, but still every bit modern and well done.
3. The mixture of game play. It reminds me of System Shock 2. The story lines are totally different, but the mix of game play is superb. FPS, RPG, adventure. It's all there and well done.
4. You have to do more than just aim and shoot. You often have to think about the best way to simply survive. Sometimes, you have to run. Sometimes it's best to hide and avoid fighting. Sometimes you need to blow out the lights and fight in the dark using Riddick's "eye shine". Sometimes, you just need to grab a powerful weapon and destroy everything in your path.
1. My only con is that it can be easy to get lost in the levels. There is a lot of darkness in the game. You need to pay attention to direction and path in certain levels or you can get lost.
Overall, this title is simply awesome. If you like the character of Riddick you will love this game. It allows you to play the role of Riddick and really pulls you in. Even in the year 2010, it's still a really fun game to play.