Mario Kart Wii is a brilliant addition to the series and is in my opinion, the best in the series.
1. That great feel of a Mario Kart game but just with better control. Use the Wheel and you'll be blown away, at least that's how I felt. The controls work brilliantly whether you use the Wii Remote or put the Wii Remote on the Wheel and use the Wheel or whether you use the Classic Controller (Pro), the GC controller or the Wii Remote with the Nunchuck the game controls like a breeze. You'll definitely see a difference if you just played this game and then go and play let's say Mario Kart 64.
2. Excellent sound and music give the game that nostalgic yet fresh feel. Just put some old tracks and listen to some great old tunes you may have heard back in the day of Super Mario Kart. You will immediately have a nostalgia rush but there are still new tracks and new tunes in these tracks that keep the game fresh.
3. Wonderful and very well thought of tracks. You will see good old tracks in the game but you will also see new and some of the wackiest tracks ever seen in a Mario Kart game. All the tracks in this game are amazing and loveable. There are 32 tracks in all and 8 different cups with 4 tracks each and they are Mushroom Cup, Leaf Cup, Lightning Cup, Star Cup, Special Cup, Banana Cup, Flower Cup and Shell Cup. The Rainbow Road is just crazy in this game in my opinion.
4. Great items and power-ups. Like all Mario Kart games, there are always power-ups that will aid you in your race. There are different power-ups in this game like the normal banana peels, mushrooms to boost you up, triple mushroom, super mushroom or whatever it is called but you get to use it a lot of times to boost, green and red shells, three green and red shells, yet there are the more powerful ones that can help you catch up if you're in a tight situation and some of them are, a Rocket which automatically takes you across the track for an amount of time, a star which makes you invincible and faster, a Bob-omb that blows up after some time when thrown, a Bowser shell or spiked shell (not sure of the name) that goes to hit the person that is first at that moment, the giant mushroom that makes you a giant which I think was first introduced in New Super Mario Bros. for the DS, lightning and there are still other like the "Pow" power-up which makes everyone turn around when used, a type of rainy cloud power-up that when you hit someone while you're with it will be transferred to that person and can be given to anyone as long as it hasn't struck the lightning yet and then there is still the c Lightning Bolt power-up itself although I found it a bit more useless than in other Mario Kart games. And of course there is the Squid item that makes your competitor's screen get filled with ink in some parts of the screen that makes it harder for them to see where they are going. Mario Kart Wii has great power-ups and items that are really well thought of but that have mostly been seen before.
5. Great characters that we've learnt to love and remember. There are 12 characters in total who are Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Baby Mario, Baby Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Bowser and Koopa Troopa but there are still 14 more characters to unlock that I won't be mentioning so as not to spoil it for anyone. Oh, and you also get to use your Miis in this game too.
6. Wonderful karts that is great. And for a first time you get to use bikes too. Different weight s have different types of vehicles and vehicle characteristics. I really enjoy testing out which one works best for which track. And like characters, there are also karts to unlock.
7. Great solid graphics that lighten and enrich the gameplay. When you race you will see that the characters are well animated and so are the tracks in which you race.
8. Excellent, lag-free online gameplay that will keep you coming back for more. It is very interesting and also hard since you play against real people and thus making it usually unpredictable to know what will be done by everyone next. Trust me, this is one of the best online comaptible games you can play.
Now you know the Pros, and there are maybe a few more but I decided to just put these, I mean you can already see the size of the 4th Pro, but there are still some Cons in the game but only a few and here they are:
1. The drift controls are great but I found it a bit loose and although this may sound stupid and amateur like I prefer using the automatic drift controls but the manual controls still control well but not as well as I would have wanted to but this is just my opinion.
2. I found computer to be very annoying in this game thus making it hard. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy a challenge but I found it very frustrating at times especially on Single Player on 150 cc that I'll be first, just about to reach the finish line and bam, I'm knocked over with a spiked shell or fall down cause a Pow is used and I fall out of the track and then I just come last or something. You'll be at the top of the world at one point and then you'll hit rock-bottom at another point in the race and if you are playing on the hardest it is very hard to come back at times. You could sometimes say it feels like cheating or computer getting cheap victories.
3. I found the game a little dull during Single Player but this is just a little problem and is over-shadowed by the multiplayer and surely will also be over-shadowed by the online mode when I get to play it. It's not really much of a problem, but the fun doesn't last for long on Single Player. So if you're planning to buy this game, make sure you have more than one Wii Remote or that you have internet connectivity on your Wii.
So to sum it all up here: Mario Kart Wii isn't a perfect kart racer, but it is a great one and is an exceptionally well developed game with a few flaws. I see Mario Kart Wii as the best Mario Kart game ever and to also be one of the best games the Wii can offer.
Also, thanks to 76850392 for correcting me in my review. I did the review but he pointed out the mistakes and that's how there are no mistakes in this review.