Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 lorddaggeroff
Member since 2008 • 2433 Posts

https://mobile.twitter.com/OdinPVG/status/953558001062948864/photo/1

Under the new guidelines, channels will need to have 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time within the last year to be eligible for receiving ad revenue. Previously, uploaders needed just 10,000 total views to run ads on their videos. All Google Preferred channels will also now be manually reviewed, with ads only running on videos that have been approved. Enforcement of these guidelines will start February 20.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@lorddaggeroff:

Soooooo.....does this make it harder to make revenue or what?

BeardedRico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 BeardedRico
Member since 2018 • 15 Posts

The changes make it harder for small channels to get any ad income. But we small creators aren’t making much anyway. My channel has 200 + subs over 23,000 views and I have made like 15 dollars so far lol. The only thing that bothers me is that if one of my future vids does well like a few million views I won’t get any money for it whilst I’m demonetised so that sucks.

SkillzRico’s GamerTv

lorddaggeroff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lorddaggeroff

@nepu7supastar7: I think so, YouTubes biggest revenue is advertising, however the ironic twist is those who have alot of subscribers and views were worried about net neutrality communist internet (for those in the USA) but those who follow the rules and have no views or very little subscriber's are now punished pushing out the lil people and a watchful eye on high level content creators.

There's alot of inequality on YouTube, back in 2007 YouTubers had no guidelines, it really depended on who had the fastest speeds (where alot of places around the world didn't have fast fibre internet speeds, like America, australia, Russia, Mexico, UK. Sweden at the time had very fast fibre speeds, so people were able to upload faster.)

I think YouTube's a great platform for:

Education

Entertainment

Other countries and cultural perspectives

Music

Reviews

But it only takes a few idiots in life to ruin it for others given speeds are not a factor anymore.

Flapch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flapch
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

@lorddaggeroff : go to the CIS YouTube, I think you'll change your mind about a good platform)

https://www.youtube.com/feed/trending

In Top history as a "slut" put the guy allegedly for rape and earns thousands of dollars on it.

In the Top are beaten useless videos where someone was put, killed, raped, "Russian rap" propagandizing all of the above, where schoolchildren for 13-16 years go to concerts of Russian rapists degrading women and it's normal for Russian YouTube ....

If that I'm not from Russia ... I'm from Ukraine.

P.S. Sorry for my English;)

Thank you.

lorddaggeroff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lorddaggeroff

@flapch: use share feature under the videos, for CSI. They could have hundreds of videos, unless your sci.

I think YouTube's Russian platforms different to the rest of the world, why? We'll if you use opera VPN and connect to Europe the videos are not what you would see. But not sure what you mean about violence to others, maybe it's staged for views.

ANTICS_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ANTICS_
Member since 2018 • 12 Posts

Lol