Your Disappointing Game

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EdHeadZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 EdHeadZ
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts
Have you ever really wanted a game and then when you start playing it, you started hating it? What was that game?
EdHeadZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EdHeadZ
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts
For me, my disappointing game was Myst 4
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Chromehounds and Genma Onimusha.
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
PDZ
TheIronLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 TheIronLotus
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

Probably going to get a bunch of crap for this BUT my most disappointing game was GTA IV.

After playing Vice City and San Andreas religiously i was so pumped about the game and seeing it get perfect reviews only made me more excited...however when i got the game i was very unimpressed...polished graphics, a few more sex referances, and what felt like a lot less game made me pretty upset

akshayroyden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 akshayroyden
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
Spiderman.
SpeakForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SpeakForYou
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
Mines are GTA IV and Alone In The Dark.
Morphumax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Morphumax
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts
Yeesh. "Alone in the Dark!" Wow, there's a case study of how abysmally bad controls can ruin a good game. Terrible. When you know exactly what to do to and how to do it -- say, kill a monster, or get from point A to point B -- but the controls make it nearly impossible, that's a bad game. It's like the entire challenge comes from mastering the controls, not anything the game throws at you. It actually got bad reviews for that very thing, so I should've known. But yeah, by far, that was the biggest gaming disappointment ever. I had been tracking that game a year before it came out. Yuck.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

For me, my disappointing game was Myst 4EdHeadZ

i like all the Mysts before the 4th one.

but a dissapointing game to me was Two Worlds.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#10 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
GTA IV
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
i never had a game that i was disappointed in, since all the games i get i 100% like it with no doubts... lol
kgansor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kgansor
Member since 2006 • 1871 Posts
Bioshock.. it looked awesome, it was pretty good for the first 20 minutes or so, and then it just got too repetitive and it was almost like a JOB to finish that game.
existingfear47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 existingfear47
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
Rock Band - Too easy on guitar, and its only fun when u have the people
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
Blazing Angels 2
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
DW 5 Empires
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
Stranglehold....what a piece of CRAP!
totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
lost planet
eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts
Kane and Lynch. I loved Freedom Fighters, but this game didn't do it for me
ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
Perfect Dark Zero
harrisonxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 harrisonxp
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Bionic Commando was severly overrated. What is it with capcom and their save points. They really destory any replayability of their games. Dead Rising is a prime example. Great game with moronic saving methods. Anyway bionic commando looked cool but I really hate it after playing it for a couple hours. Way to screw up yet another promising game capcom.
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Stranglehold and Guitar Hero 3.
cabbs02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cabbs02
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts
GTA 4 (mostly because of the size of the map and no planes and chutes) and bioshock had no replay value at all. Also Burnout Paradise because splitscreen was everything to me.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Dead Rising.
PapaDoink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PapaDoink
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts
Rock Band and Chromehounds.
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
gta 4
BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts
Mercs 2. Soon as the game started it went downhill and a million glitches. The accuracy of the guns is horrid, it's a job in itself to kill an enemy unless you shotgun them. Also some enemies are impossible to kill, the first mission a guy was standing in front of a branch (which must have been made of steel)and no bullet or grenade could penetrate it. I finally had to go up and melee him. The vehicle controls are horrible, tanks go all over the place and any vehicle takes damage just crashing into minor stuff. Plus the enemy AI is atrocious, they pretty much just sit in one place(lucky that the gun accuracy is off else it would be a cake walk). This game should have been delayed or canned, because they produced a pile of doo-doo.
trw534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 trw534
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts

i havent had a game like that yet.

Ace_of_Nades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ace_of_Nades
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
mines gotta be dark sector it was just weak
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts

Rock Band.

Not much fun just by yourself, and it's easier to play a controller-based game

legendaryryanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 legendaryryanj
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

Well, I thought hard about this and realized that I have sadly been disapointed alot. With that said, I narrowed it down to my 4 most disappointing games. You know what? Lets just make it five for a nice round number.

5. Lost Planet - This game had such high hopes for me. The graphics looked top notch and the demo was a blast. Unfortunatly, the plot didn't deliver and the game was way to short. On another note, what's up with the heat orbs? They want you to take your time on the game by finding medals and such, yet they encorage you to finish levels quickly lest you die.

4. Viva Pinata - The customization and gorgeous coloars scheme of this game really made it seem like it would be a worth while title. All my hopes where shot down by the long lasting nothingness which made me bored as can be.

3. Too Human - I have ranted about this piece of crap before. All I had to do was play the demo and to know that this game didn't live up to the hype. All the videos and gameplay demos shown looked so much fun. Then you try it yourself. You realize it is the same as all the other hack and slash games with a little rpg element thrown in. Bad demo + sheer boredem = Disaster.

2. Rock Band - Honestly, I still enjoy this game. The reason I put it on here, and at number two, is because of the hardware. Between the unresponsive drum kit, flimsy guitar, and what? Only one bass pedal?! How in the world am I suppose to play Rush on expert?! Not to mention the wide variety of emo songs for download, and next to none on the challenging proggressive rock genre a.k.a Dream Theater or Rush. Now maybe I'm being to hard on the content, but when I sing, I don't wanna scream or sound like a crying moron. And I still want some good old fashion guitar shredding. I love you Rock Band, but please give me better content.

1. Call of Duty 3 - Now don't get me wrong, this game isn't terrible. But in comparison to the other Call of Duty titles, it's pretty bad. The graphics looked gorgeous and the ability to throw grenades back at enemies was a real improvement. However, these high points don't make up for the lack of story, terrible AI and less than par vehicle controls. I have to give Treyarch a bit of a break though, they were only given eleven months to complete the game. Even so, when you play this game you have to ask yourself "Am I playing a Call of Duty game, or Medal of Honor?" I have high hopes for Call of Duty World at War. Treyarch has hopefully learned from their mistakes, and it doesn't hurt that the game is running on the Call of Duty 4 engine. But all in all, this game is not Call of Duty 1,2 or 4, and thus has become my most disapointing Xbox 360 title.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#31 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I'd have to say UT3 for the 360. it was a good game and all, but it just wasn't as good as I expected :P
chadurwalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chadurwalla
Member since 2005 • 117 Posts
For me it has to be the dynasty warriors after dynasty warriors 3. In dw3 the combat was soo cool but dw4,5,6 just didnt have the same beatemup kick to it. Also all the burnouts after burnout 2 were dissappointments.
joshua6775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#33 joshua6775
Member since 2004 • 377 Posts
I'd have to say Two worlds was a huge letdown. Don King's Prizefighter, Madden '09, and Timeshift also come to mind
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts
I pre-ordered it, beat the campaign and just did not enjoy the online interface at all. GeoW... everyone else seemed to like it though.
OneBadLT123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 OneBadLT123
Member since 2005 • 1152 Posts
Perfect Dark Zero- I was so pumped at launch since I had it on N64 and man was it a disaster.GTA4 - Already explained. Shallow and a step backwards from VC and SA
mdmilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mdmilius
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts

My most disappointing game for me has been Overlord. I am not sure why I wanted to play it, but I really had thought it was going to be better. It was the only one that I have played that I couldn't bring myself to finish.

Accepting friend requests: XBOX Live: Dogfather76

hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts
GTA 4 is awesome, its not nearly as arcade as the rest but its definitely an improvement in many ways. My most disappointing game is Mass Effect, not once was I ever able to get into it.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
What game have I hated? I've never really hated a game. Oblivion disappointed me with that god-awful scaling. If you want to visualize my disappointment, it comes in the form of some bandit out in the middle of nowhere, charging me while wearing daedric armor. Fortunately for the PC version, there're mods to fix such foolishness.
seeker512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 seeker512
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
Assassin's Creed.
CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CharlyMurphy
Member since 2007 • 461 Posts
only game i didnt finish ever was army of two. they should have called it bb pellet practice
seeker512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 seeker512
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

only game i didnt finish ever was army of two. they should have called it bb pellet practiceCharlyMurphy

That's exactly how I felt when I played it for the first time, also the costumes are like gimp suits.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts

Assassin's Creed.seeker512

Really? I thought Assassin's Creed started off great, but then went downhill as repetition became the main "feature."

lbcjrballa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 lbcjrballa
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts

wtf is wrong wit u people sayin GTA IV was dissapointin 1st of all u dont even explain y except 4 "o there was no chutes and the maps..." ok like u really bought GTA because u wanted 2 use da parachute all day and wat about the maps i mean they are great not only r they huge n they will be coming up with downloadable content but if u didnt feel like spendin half an hour goin from 1 side of the city 2 the other u could just get in a taxi and skip da trip and it gets even better with online play which 2 me is amazing how they pulled that off u have so much ******** 2 do yet 4 u stupid gamers nowadays a game has 2 be flawless if it isnt u start **** bout how it sucked n its a piece of crap and watnot, well if u dont like how they're makin games y dont u get ur ass off the couch go work 4 rockstar(or watever) n make a "better" game

srry 2 those who didnt need 2 read dat 4 me its not dat da game is dissapointing i just expected more from da campaign mode in Halo 3 because of da hype it received still an excellent game though

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I have no idea what you just said, other than it had something to do with GTA 4 and Halo 3.

On an unrelated note, to the people who said Assassin's Creed: I kinda agree with you. It started off really well, and the first hour was amazing. Unfortunately, after that first hour, the game seems to offer no new experiences. I haven't finished it yet, though, so maybe it'll surprise me.

venasque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 venasque
Member since 2005 • 373 Posts

PDZsanpreet8

Yes, very much Perfect Dark Zero. Huge disappointment for me.

kissthedingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kissthedingo
Member since 2006 • 130 Posts
I had so many over the years but a most recent one would have to be Battlefield:Bad Company. I was so looking forward to this game and when i started playing it, tears started to fall down my eyes - it was just so bad.
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
i was pretty disapointed in soul calibur 4, the story mode was way too short. Its still a good game just not as good as i thought it would be.
kgansor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kgansor
Member since 2006 • 1871 Posts
I agree with Assassins Creed as well, it got repetitive.. just like Bioshock.. Army of Two was okay, it was just really super short.
craigwhitcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 craigwhitcher
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts
Halo 3....what a big pile of steaming crap.....i feel sorry for the old xbox owners if halo was the best you had to play....how did master chief become a cult icon........another disappointment was army of 2 mmmmmm built from the ground up 2 be a fun 2 player game....i hope sombody lost there job over than one