You guys need to realize something

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jbz7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jbz7890
Member since 2004 • 786 Posts
Xbox live costs Microsoft NOTHING. There are no dedicated servers. The ads make up for the marketplace. Microsoft charges because they can and they know eveyone wants to play online. Why would you pay to play on other people's xboxs? Its a spit in the face to all MS costumers.
riskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 riskers
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
You get what you pay for. You want a free service? Go play on PSN.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
and people also need to realize that xbox live is way better than the other two and there are things ms needs to pay for and that until i can get an experience close to xbox live on the ps3 then i will be mad but i cant so until that day and its so far off
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
They charge because they can. Its an excellent service and I dont mind paying for it. It works great.
timmotool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 timmotool
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
lol, wow. Do some research kid. And even if live didn't cost them anything, the console did, the game's did, the developing did, the updates did, the maintenance does, I mean really what a frivolous statement.
timmotool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 timmotool
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
Anyway, what i was getting at is that it helps them pay for all the money they loose out on trying to make us happy.
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts

I'm sorry, but WHO CARES. What's with all these topics lately about how it should be free? Do you guys just want to play Halo online and can't do it because you don't have gold? Too bad. I'm sorry, but if you don't want to pay then DON'T PAY. NO one is forcing you to. Now can we please stop with all of these topics.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
Xbox live costs Microsoft NOTHING. There are no dedicated servers. The ads make up for the marketplace. Microsoft charges because they can and they know eveyone wants to play online. Why would you pay to play on other people's xboxs? Its a spit in the face to all MS costumers.jbz7890
aahh dur!! its called business....
keldonson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 keldonson
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts

I do have to agree with him to some extent. If we are forced to watch/view adds on Live or in Game, the price for product placement should lower the cost of the service/game. I am not saying dramatically lower though. New games could stand to be $50 each and maybe $30 per year for Live.

icecoldkilla78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 icecoldkilla78
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
im pretty sure that it cost them something to keep live going smothly
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts
stupid poor ppl
jbz7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jbz7890
Member since 2004 • 786 Posts
Honestly you have to be pretty stupid to pay for something you could have for free. Even Bill Gates wouldn't waste $50.
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArsenicA

Honestly you have to be pretty stupid to pay for something you could have for free. Even Bill Gates wouldn't waste $50.jbz7890

well then dont be stupid like the rest of us n dont pay 50 bucks n have fun playing split screen withyourself 8)

blackviper12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 blackviper12
Member since 2005 • 34 Posts
you dont have to be stupid at all. I will pay $50 for a year in order to enjoy countless hours of great online play and demos and videos and arcade games and w/e else I want. I can make $50 in 3 hrs mowing lawns or in like a day at my job. Well worth it.
cheesytaco69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 cheesytaco69
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts

How much do you think it costs Microsoft to repair the "red ring of death?"

I don't mind paying... in fact, I think it's good you have to pay for gold.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

Honestly you have to be pretty stupid to pay for something you could have for free. Even Bill Gates wouldn't waste $50.jbz7890

so who is going to pay for the servers that hold your profile, your friends list, your achievements, the ppl who maintain those servers, the servers that hold the game updates/system updates. The marketplace servers, sure ads pay for some of it. But not enough to entirely cover the cost of the employees that manage that area. The R&D teams that bring new features to fruition.

Yes its a p2p network but a damn good automated one. Forza is a cross between the p2p & dedicated, if the host drops then it will switch to someone else, without ending the game at all. Dont forget leaderboard servers etc.

MS handles everything on behalf of the developers and for that, I will pay money for standardisation and uniformity across the games.

PSN requires developers to handle their own servers.

Stop being cheap, get a job, if you cant afford 20 cents a day then u must live in a cardboard box on the corner. grow up, nothing in life is free and there is always more behind the scenes then meets the eyes.

JDubs07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JDubs07
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts

cheesytaco69

I agree.

booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts
You get what you pay for. You want a free service? Go play on PSN.riskers
slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
shalom
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArsenicA

Stop being cheap, get a job, if you cant afford 20 cents a day then u must live in a cardboard box on the corner. grow up, nothing in life is free and there is always more behind the scenes then meets the eyes.

darksusperia

ROTF

magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts
[QUOTE="cheesytaco69"]

JDubs07

I agree.

I also agree, i made a whole topic about it only recently and a majority didnt mind paying or thought it was a good idea to pay. Here it is if youre interested

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25936843

noambartouv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 noambartouv
Member since 2006 • 717 Posts

microsoft=company that copies stuff and adds 1 or 2 things and sells it for 500% examples:

windows - copied from apple and added internet explorer and some other sowftwares

xbox360 - copied ps3 and added a better live but for money which makes the xbox360 more expensive after all

Java Sharp - copied Java and added some crap which made the software slow and heavy and yet people buy it for loads of money when java works faster and is free!

i think u get the point so... i dont remmber what the post is about but u get the messege i hope

o yeah so the point is what did u expect of microsoft? free? when have u ever seen microsoft give something to the public for free?

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darksusperia

microsoft=company that copies stuff and adds 1 or 2 things and sells it for 500% examples:

windows - copied from apple and added internet explorer and some other sowftwaresnoambartouv

Actually he reverse engineered apple. Vista is a direct copy of Mac OS 10,IE7 is a poor poor version of Firefox.

xbox360 - copied ps3 and added a better live but for money which makes the xbox360 more expensive after allnoambartouv

How do u figure that considering live was around before psn. U cant even call ps2 online anything like live, try again. Ps3 took the dashboard idea from the original xbox and started to use it on the psp.

Java Sharp - copied Java and added some crap which made the software slow and heavy and yet people buy it for loads of money when java works faster and is free!noambartouv
Slightly different to make workwith ms proprietry software but still essential the same as Sun java.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darksusperia
And if ur actually up to speed you would also know that apple and MS are working together now so u can run both on the one machine without hardware conflicts. Apple now uses Intel hardware. cant beat them..join them. essentially u'll get the best of both worlds..
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts
I have no problem paying for a RELIABLE service
ThEvilg3niu5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThEvilg3niu5
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts
what is your point
rangeryaegel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rangeryaegel
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
You need to realize something. people complain about paying for live(yeah i wish lots of things were free) and all the people on the ps3 board say it's so great cause it's free. butguess what? i don't see them playing the COD4 beta for almost a monthand they have to get something to pay for these exclusives we have (i'm sure Gears cost some cash to keep exclusive) ps3 people complain that microsoft pays for games but i say thanks cause i don't want to buy a $600 DVD player to get some games in 2 years when they figure out how to program for it.
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
You need to realize something. Xbox Live costs people nothing. It's called a Silver account. You pretentious baby.
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ArsenicA

You need to realize something. people complain about paying for live(yeah i wish lots of things were free) and all the people on the ps3 board say it's so great cause it's free. butguess what? i don't see them playing the COD4 beta for almost a monthand they have to get something to pay for these exclusives we have (i'm sure Gears cost some cash to keep exclusive) ps3 people complain that microsoft pays for games but i say thanks cause i don't want to buy a $600 DVD player to get some games in 2 years when they figure out how to program for it.rangeryaegel

:lol: i agree

keldonson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 keldonson

"Stop being cheap, get a job, if you cant afford 20 cents a day then u must live in a cardboard box on the corner. grow up, nothing in life is free and there is always more behind the scenes then meets the eyes."

Yea, I am a school teacher...that must stereotype me as being "cheap"...I guess its better than being typed an EMO living in their parent's basement.

Sorry, I rather not just lay down and accept every aspect of life handed to me. Yea, Grant every year isn't bad, but, in several other services that have advertising have a reduced cost. Movies for example are one. Terrestrial based (non-cable) TV / Radio is another.

On a side note, Microsoft's 360 issue isn't my problem per se. It is their negligence issue and their Live users already pay a steep pricegoing without their 360sand lose a month of Live play because of their error. Sorta like Steve Jobs selling iPhones at 600 one month and lowering 200 the next. Then apologizing by giving back their customers 100 in store credit on stuff Apple has all their assets paid for. Essentially, still making their $200 in the end regardless.

Sorry, I will not be a sheep because it is popular.

I have a Live acount. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with Microsoft's actions.

Need a razor blade for the mirror or for the wounds? Both?

Ipimpsnipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ipimpsnipa
Member since 2006 • 1806 Posts

how long do you HONESTLY play a regular game for? not halo 3 or mass effect, you play for generally a month or two, how much does that cost? 60 DOLLARS, live lasts TWELVE MONTHS, costs 50 DOLLARS, that's TEN DOLLARS LESS, for ten more months live>psn>nintendo?

/thread

/haters

/psn

icecoldkilla78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 icecoldkilla78
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts

[QUOTE="jbz7890"]Honestly you have to be pretty stupid to pay for something you could have for free. Even Bill Gates wouldn't waste $50.ArsenicA

well then dont be stupid like the rest of us n dont pay 50 bucks n have fun playing split screen withyourself 8)

hahahaowned

keldonson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 keldonson

'hahahaowned"

Because that is an intelligible answer.
I guess this is why we were born with a free will and loaded with opinions.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
[QUOTE="darksusperia"]

ArsenicA

ROTF

Exactly... I mean look at Transformers... It may be a sh***y car on the outside, but when it turns into a massive robot it kicks your a**.

I honestly do make $50 if i work 8 hours... one day of work gets lets me pay for Xbox Live and guess what? That is minimum wage (i work at McDonalds). If you can't get a job there then you are either the dumbest person in the world or too young and if your too young then mow a lawn and if your too young to do that then you shouldn't be owning a 360 because how the hell did you pay for it!?!?!

Thats what i don't get... people complain yet they buy a console for $400 dollars... some might say it was their parents and a christmas/birthday present. Guess what get Xbox Live for your next birthday and then you still have $350 dollars for other things.

IF you complain than $50 is too expensive then you really can't own a console because every console costs more than $50 (unless broken).

unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

'hahahaowned"

keldonson

You said you were a school teacher, right? Are you remotely familiar with the idea of economics? Supply and demand? XBL is worth what it costs, this is a fact. The proof is in the pudding, 7 million people pay ms 50$ a year. If it was not worth it, demand would go down and ms would lower the price, but thats not the case.

keldonson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 keldonson

Cohearance would be too much to ask I guess?

No, it is not really about being cheap at all. It is about not being a sheep.

on the other hand:
When you have a mortgage, tuition bill, and auto insurance bills...life will hit you and a few dollar difference helps.

Take your twenty cents a day and go sponsor a third-world child.

keldonson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 keldonson

"You said you were a school teacher, right? Are you remotely familiar with the idea of economics?"

I guess I am not allowed to disagree?

haunt9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 haunt9
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts
[QUOTE="keldonson"]

'hahahaowned"

unmach

You said you were a school teacher, right? Are you remotely familiar with the idea of economics? Supply and demand?

Considering he misspells the word "yeah" I'm assuming he must teach gym.

Mindgame_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mindgame_1
Member since 2003 • 423 Posts

"xbox360 - copied ps3 and added a better live but for money which makes the xbox360 more expensive after all"

how in the hell did xbox 360 copy the ps3?

maybe thats where MS puts all its money into is time traveling.call meblindor ignorant but im pretty sure the 360 came out a full year before the ps3.

i am perfectly fine paying for xbox live. 50 bucks for a full year doesnt sound that bad. stop whining and get a job.

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

he wouldnt "waste" 50 bucks? yes this is why he donates tens of thousands of dollars each year to charities...beacuse hes such a tightwad with his money!! B.S. (note the major sarcasm)

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
[QUOTE="unmach"][QUOTE="keldonson"]

'hahahaowned"

haunt9

You said you were a school teacher, right? Are you remotely familiar with the idea of economics? Supply and demand?

Considering he misspells the word "yeah" I'm assuming he must teach gym.

ROTFL
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
I dunno whats why people say psn has a bad network (i havent played it) but the wii internet sounds ridiculous.
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts

Cohearance would be too much to ask I guess?

No, it is not really about being cheap at all. It is about not being a sheep.

on the other hand:
When you have a mortgage, tuition bill, and auto insurance bills...life will hit you and a few dollar difference helps.

Take your twenty cents a day and go sponsor a third-world child.

keldonson
Yeah, when you have a mortage, school bills and insurance, it's a good thing you're spending $400 on a new console and complaining about the $50 annual fee for Live. That's a great argument... for me to poop on.
Falco-88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Falco-88
Member since 2005 • 233 Posts
stop complaining do you think that just because you complain about xbox live on a gamespot forum microsoft is going to drop the price.... they dont care if a couple people think it should be cheaper or free why would they lower the price if almost everybody that gets a 360 is paying those 50 bucks for xbox live
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

They charge because they can. Its an excellent service and I dont mind paying for it. It works great.Radiozo

Same here, I don't mind paying for it at all.

noambartouv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 noambartouv
Member since 2006 • 717 Posts
I dont care that microsft charges for LIVE im just saying that they copy other peoples ideas and sell emm for 500% intrest...
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
hey if you want a free service go play xbox connect or something. I'll stick with xbox live just like millions of other gamers will.
patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts

Xbox live costs Microsoft NOTHING. There are no dedicated servers. The ads make up for the marketplace. Microsoft charges because they can and they know eveyone wants to play online. Why would you pay to play on other people's xboxs? Its a spit in the face to all MS costumers.jbz7890

they charge for it to make up the losses from all the faulty systems