Xbox One System Fans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Been exploring the idea of swapping out the fan(s) for a better quality unit over the stock ones fitted. Now I have never opened up an Xbox, so I hope some of you lot can advise. I used to Akasa fans pretty much exclusively back in the say, so if I (for a loose example of size) bought an 8 mil with the intention of swapping out the the stock one, are the headers the same? How far does the optomised hardware run for on the Xbox One. IE how many changes over the off the shelf components. Yeah probably two questions there really, but interested in jazzing up the case as well, but on a second one keeping the orignal.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Doesn't opening it up void the warranty?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@oflow said:

Definitely.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Don't really understand why you would want to. I have never heard of anyone having overheating issues, as they were so concerned about another RRoD scenario, this box is well vented and already has a adequate cooling system.

Maybe if you are gaming in the Sahara desert or something, it is not worth voiding your warranty for something that is not really needed.

Avatar image for vampiriclunatic
VampiricLunatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 VampiricLunatic
Member since 2015 • 72 Posts

I have not had any problems with my fans or have heard of anyone's Xbox One overheating.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

MS learned from the 360, so much they over compensated. So much so the Xbox 1 is the size of a old school vcr that's well ventilated with a huge fan. It's also designed to operate as a companion to your cable. With that in mind its ment to stay on all day and runs cool and quiet. No need to mod the hardware it will handle normal gaming needs without issue.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Transk53

Okay thanks peeps. Maybe I am just being paranoid here. Admittedly I have been anal about heat in the past, understandable to me being my rigs were overclocked. But I will defer to your opinions on this.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@transk53: I wouldn't worry about it. The reason it's so huge is because of that big vent on the top is for the fan. I've literally left mine on for a week and never had heat issues.

Only game that I've had the fan rev up to really loud levels is Elite Dangerous but I think that might have to do with the code in their game because I've never had it happen for any other games.

I've read comments from other people saying their X1 is really loud, but mine is usually super quiet so when that happened I was kinda shocked but it was during a conflict zone fight and I think E:D is a bit more graphic intense that most games.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Transk53

@oflow:

Crikey, I thought ED was only muted for the Xbox One. Have you got that on a beta? Anyway, one night playing Witcher 3, the graphics started freezing for a very short moment. Opened my window up and the game did not do it after that. Probably just the game though. As I said, I no doubt got a paranoid when I found out what appears to me as being very hot. Overall in the last twenty years, I have had a console for probably only five of them. Guess I am just still getting used to consistently playing on a console.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@oflow said:

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Transk53

@sukraj:

Yes I get it. Opening up the case will void the warranty. Probably a serial seal that when broken, is impossible to reattach or otherwise fix. Tbh I probably do with buying another one. Then I could water cool it using a fridge freezer and a reservoir from a U-Boat, or something.