Xbox Live needs a rep system that actually WORKS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DontEvenTry0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 DontEvenTry0
Member since 2008 • 134 Posts

Basically anyone that has less than 5 stars (even a sliver less) cheats, abuses exploits, quits early, or is a little kid swearing.

I think 5 stars should only go to people that actually get a lot of people submitting positive feedback not just no feedback. I like how some games like nba 2k series after you play the feedback pops up and you submit it because this really helps. I try and submit as much positive as I can but I know a lot of people mainly just submit negative if someone cheats or whatever. 2k games also have their own rating system which is more in depth.

Also a lot of people abuse the system. I have a good amount more negative feedback than I should (I def do diserve some). Feedback from people with low rep shouldn't count as much because they are more apt to abusing the system.

Also why cant xbox show peoples age in the rep/ profile?

Note I mostly play sports games so I know some of this wont work for shooters but Im sure theres some way what do you guys think?

Match bad rep with bad rep and they can have fun disconnecting and cheating each other.

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

Basically anyone that has less than 5 stars (even a sliver less) cheats, abuses exploits, quits early, or is a little kid swearing.

I think 5 stars should only go to people that actually get a lot of people submitting positive feedback not just no feedback. I like how some games like nba 2k series after you play the feedback pops up and you submit it because this really helps. I try and submit as much positive as I can but I know a lot of people mainly just submit negative if someone cheats or whatever. 2k games also have their own rating system which is more in depth.

Also a lot of people abuse the system. I have a good amount more negative feedback than I should (I def do diserve some). Feedback from people with low rep shouldn't count as much because they are more apt to abusing the system.

Also why cant xbox show peoples age in the rep/ profile?

Note I mostly play sports games so I know some of this wont work for shooters but Im sure theres some way what do you guys think?

Match bad rep with bad rep and they can have fun disconnecting and cheating each other.

DontEvenTry0

if they match bad rep with bad rep it wont really make things better. if anything it would be worse. ppl give other ppl bad rep just because you kill them too many times so theres a flaw in the system there and then it would limit the ppl the bad rep ppl could play with for each and/or every game. also they cant show ages of ppl because they dont want ppl getting picked on because of age and they probably dont want sick ppl trying to seduce young boys/girls.

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
The rep system doesn't work. People don't want to waste their time giving everyone feedback that they don't care about. People out there will give negative feedback just because you beat them or something.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
The rep system doesn't work. People don't want to waste their time giving everyone feedback that they don't care about. People out there will give negative feedback just because you beat them or something.ag1002
basically, yeah. i wouldn't mind a better system though.
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

How do youu fix the Rep system? You get rid of the Rep system.

Like people have stated earlier, you're not going to receive positive feedback because you deserve it (this isn't the case the whole time; some people do give good feedback) rather you will receive negative feedback because you didn't deserve it.

SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts
I get bad feedback on me just for being really good at games...kids that say "i'm cheating" and "get a life **** go outside every once in a while" leave feedback on me for no reason. But i still have 5 stars.
-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Montauk-
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
Well I don't know about only having 5 stars if you get positive feedback, I personally never give out positive feedback. If you had that you would have people left and right yelling at you in lobby's to give them positive feedback so they could have 5 stars.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
I try as much as I can to give positive feedback and negative, but your right, I end up playing with a lot of people I have avoided.
DontEvenTry0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DontEvenTry0

They could not count feedback where people only give negative (or mostly) or dont count it from people with bad feedback.

Maybe show the percentage that they give as well not just recieve.

So if someone has less than 5 stars and gives out like 95% bad rep I wouldnt play with them

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
No. 9/10 players don't contribute to the reputation system unless someone irritates them out of their mind. No one would have five stars because so few people rate others, anyone that would have five stars would just be some loser who asked every player to give him a good rep. = Not cool.
DontEvenTry0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DontEvenTry0
thats why im saying if youve ever played a 2k sports game after the game the feedback pops up for you and you say pos/neg. Would work for other games too (not games with more than 2 players)
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
I don't use rep to much but mines at like 98 so I guess I am doing something right.