Xbox Live lasting longer than a year.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
So I purchased a year's worth of Live... but it has now been over a year and a half since I first purchased it. I'm not complaining or anything, but is there somne hidden bonuses or something that I'm missing?
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

If you paid by credit card then it automatically renews itself.

Or you just got lucky with a pre-paid card.;)

IIIFOXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 IIIFOXIII
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Like he said You used ur credit card or Xbox screwed up in ur favor!

Ventric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ventric
Member since 2008 • 235 Posts
Here's a quick question, does one have to have a credit card in order to subscribe to Xbox Live?
smokeyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smokeyf
Member since 2004 • 176 Posts
nope, i think you can just buy those prepaid cards for 3, 6 or 12 months of time if you wanted.
kyletoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kyletoker
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
Here's a quick question, does one have to have a credit card in order to subscribe to Xbox Live?Ventric
no.
Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
Here's a quick question, does one have to have a credit card in order to subscribe to Xbox Live?Ventric
You can buy time cards, but you may need a credit card for verification of ID or something (Can't remember, been a while since I set mine up)
Ventric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ventric

[QUOTE="Ventric"]Here's a quick question, does one have to have a credit card in order to subscribe to Xbox Live?Alan1187
You can buy time cards, but you may need a credit card for verification of ID or something (Can't remember, been a while since I set mine up)

Yeah that's what I was wondering. Because I read on Wikipedia that one must need passport and credit card validation.

Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

[QUOTE="Alan1187"][QUOTE="Ventric"]Here's a quick question, does one have to have a credit card in order to subscribe to Xbox Live?Ventric

Yeah that's what I was wondering. Because I read on Wikipedia that one must need passport and credit card validation.

Nope, nothing at all except for the code on the back of the card.

Ventric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ventric
[QUOTE="Ventric"]

[QUOTE="Alan1187"][QUOTE="Ventric"]Here's a quick question, does one have to have a credit card in order to subscribe to Xbox Live?Quintinius

Nope, nothing at all except for the code on the back of the card.

And a Windows Live ID, correct?

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

So I purchased a year's worth of Live... but it has now been over a year and a half since I first purchased it. I'm not complaining or anything, but is there somne hidden bonuses or something that I'm missing?w4rgasm

You might want to fix that, I've heard countless storys of people eventually gettin suspended until they pay up their fees yet they can't log on to pay said fees and lose their accounts.

Ventric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ventric

[QUOTE="w4rgasm"]So I purchased a year's worth of Live... but it has now been over a year and a half since I first purchased it. I'm not complaining or anything, but is there somne hidden bonuses or something that I'm missing?APOLLOCJD

You might want to fix that, I've heard countless storys of people eventually gettin suspended until they pay up their fees yet they can't log on to pay said fees and lose their accounts.

That's when you call them.

Mastachief2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Mastachief2552
Member since 2004 • 1903 Posts
if you started with a credit card and paid for the year it will renew automaticaly, if you have cancled that card or it has expired they will continue to let you play on live, eventually they will cut you off and give you a bill for the time that wasnt paid for. you should check your email that is linked to your live id account.
TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts
The lesson is to NEVER give Microsoft your credit card number, it's like pulling teeth to get them to cancel.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
if u paid by cred card then it renews i've heard story of people not knowing. but when i bought my live card i got an extra month (13month) for 12.
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#16 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Well.. I used a pre-paid card.. so they don't have my credit card at all :| I must have found a pretty godly pre-paid card ;)