Xbox 360 Slim lacks 5Ghz Dual Band

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Digital_DJ_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 Digital_DJ_00
Member since 2005 • 1460 Posts

So I've recently discovered that the Xbox 360 Slims internal wifidon't have 5Ghz Dual Band support. However, I was wondering if you hooked up the attachable Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless N Adapter (the black one, not the white one) to the Xbox 360 Slim, will it over-ride the Slims internal 2.4Ghz and allow you to take advantage of 5Ghz? I'd like someone to shed light on this question if possible. If the Xbox 360 Slim can't support 5Ghz even with the Adapter hooked in, I'll just buy an Elite and buy the 5Ghz Dual Band Adapter.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Waste of time and money, won't notice any difference between 5ghz band and the normal N. 5Ghz band actually gives you a weaker signal and is only faster if you're transfering files over the network, pc to pc. It also sucks going through walls and objectes. If you want the best connection and speed go with wired.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

Waste of time and money, won't notice any difference between 5ghz band and the normal N. 5Ghz band actually gives you a weaker signal and is only faster if you're transfering files over the network, pc to pc. It also sucks going through walls and objectes. If you want the best connection and speed go with wired.

zaku101

yup no reason for you to go through the effort as you wont see an improvement. The built in stuff already plenty fast enough to have lag free(no such thing actually) gaming and for whatever else.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

It does work though. I've had to do something similar because my wireless sub interfered with the 2.4GHz band.

Digital_DJ_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 Digital_DJ_00
Member since 2005 • 1460 Posts

It should work, but, I recommend those Wireless Adapter that has ethernet output. With that, you can look onto X360, Desktop, Laptop, Internet TV, and more. I am using it myself because the slim couldn't receive my signal from upstairs while the one I bought can get the signal very well.magicalclick

I need the 5Ghz for better video streaming and download rates for my 360.