Xbox 360 error code 69?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for XPrivateRyan22X
XPrivateRyan22X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 XPrivateRyan22X
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts
I turned my 360 on and it said call for service and then it had a bunch of different languages and at the very bottom it said error code number 69. I called microsoft but they put me on hold and I didn't feel like waiting because I thought maybe someone on here knows how to fix it? I am very upset first my dvd drive doesn't open and now this. Why do 360's break so easily? anyway if anyone can help that would be excellent. In the mean time I am going to search google to see what I can find. If no luck then looks like I will be calling up old microsoft.
XPrivateRyan22X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XPrivateRyan22X
I know it may sound funny but I am not kidding it says error code number 69.
ditcohomies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ditcohomies
Member since 2005 • 244 Posts

from xbox-scene.com:

E69: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it.

Here's a link to the page.

XPrivateRyan22X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XPrivateRyan22X
Thanks, I sort of got it to work its kind of off and on now sometimes I turn it on and it doesn't show up one time and the next time then it does. Does anyone know if the 360 elites have these kinds of problems or any? because I know that tons of people complain about problems with the normal xbox 360. If anyone know I will just ebay this as broken and get like $200 and buy an elite.
MDJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 MDJ
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts
I don't know about Elites, but it is an issue all the same. As said, it most likely is the hard drive. But since it starts up on occasion, it could be both or the console jolted and screwed the hard drive. Either way, it seems your going to have to replace something, so might as well go elite.