wtf is so good about orange box!?! 9.5? teh hell?!

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frozenchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 frozenchimp
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts

well i just got my copy of it yesterday on 360 and i played portal, yes its really good but way too short. Then i decided to play team fortress........1 person per tv splitscreen?!?...... DO THEY EXPECT US TO HAVE LIKE 20 TVS IN ONE ROOM!?!!.. god i was dissapointed in that. and half life 2, im so bored. all you do is walk for like 20000000000 metres, your always running from something!!!! i love portal but all the other games are crap or boring!

can someone please tell me whats so good about it? thanks :D

ConflictMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ConflictMaster
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts
HL 2 is a great game and TF is an Online game...,every other Source game is only online or system link
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

If you don't recognize that HL2 and it's sequels are fantastic games, you are wrong.

Don't enjoy them, fine, but to call them Crap? You are beyond wrong my friend.

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

hmmm... well........................

You just have different taste.

Some people hate Oblivion.... that's a 9.6 game.

................ different taste.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#5 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Uh oh, it looks like we have a halo 3 fanboy....

Half Life 2 is one of the best shooters of all time. It originally came out and it still has better graphics than halo 3. It has awesome, visceral gameplay as well. And TF2 is an online shooter.....

frozenchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frozenchimp

just because i like halo u say im a fan boy? wtf? looks like people cant like games these days.

i know half life is good and all but whats with all the super long walking u must do? thats why i dont like it too much. not enough shooting!

frozenchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 frozenchimp

hmmm... well........................

You just have different taste.

Some people hate Oblivion.... that's a 9.6 game.

................ different taste.

FamiBox

yes i understand what u mean, maybe its just not my type of game

frozenchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 frozenchimp

Lemme guess, you havn't gotten the gravity gun in Half Life 2, have you? That should change your opinion dramatically.

Also, you sound around 10 years old, maybe you should go back to playing a simple, childish, casual-friendly game like Halo, instead of a game like Half Life?

forgot_my_name

im 15, and becuz i dont like half life it means im 10? wtf dood? i understand the top part of the paragraph but the bottom wasnt needed.

Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts

Lemme guess, you havn't gotten the gravity gun in Half Life 2, have you? That should change your opinion dramatically.

Also, you sound around 10 years old, maybe you should go back to playing a simple, childish, casual-friendly game like Halo, instead of a game like Half Life?

forgot_my_name
I will come to defend the TP, I thought the game was weak also. I dont mind the gameplay, but the story is such a bore, I cannot get into it at all. The gravity gun was ok, nothing to go crazy about. This was the only game that I bought in 2007 that I wish I didn't buy...and darkness.
frozenchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 frozenchimp
[QUOTE="forgot_my_name"]

tylerdurden2621

I will come to defend the TP, I thought the game was weak also. I dont mind the gameplay, but the story is such a bore, I cannot get into it at all. The gravity gun was ok, nothing to go crazy about. This was the only game that I bought in 2007 that I wish I didn't buy...and darkness.

i agree with ure opinion

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Half-Life is one of those games that people put on a high pedistal because it revolutionized its genre (that includes the 2nd one). No, probably by today's standards it may not thrill you all that much, but back in the day it was considered the best FPS of all time (you know, like how people felt that magic the first time they played RE4 or Gears of War when it first came out). In fact, Half-Life and Half-Life 2 basically gave the blueprint for all future FPS to follow.
frozenchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 frozenchimp

Half-Life is one of those games that people put on a high pedistal because it revolutionized its genre (that includes the 2nd one). No, probably by today's standards it may not thrill you all that much, but back in the day it was considered the best FPS of all time (you know, like how people felt that magic the first time they played RE4 or Gears of War when it first came out). In fact, Half-Life and Half-Life 2 basically gave the blueprint for all future FPS to follow.rockstar_88

oooohhh i get it now, it was good in the day but now its only alrite. yea gears of war gave me that magical feeling ahahha

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts

oooohhh i get it now, it was good in the day but now its only alrite. yea gears of war gave me that magical feeling ahahha

frozenchimp

Basically what the first game did was revolutionize the genre by allowing the player to see all the events unfold before his character's eyes with no text reading interruptions and got rid of the concept of "levels", which originally were broken down by having a stats screen telling you your accuracy, hit ratio, etc. etc. by streamlining the experience, so that there wasn't any "breaks" in the events, kind of all real-time so to speak. The 2nd one took those concepts further by giving your characters a more cinematic experience, and used the physics engine as a integral part of the gameplay (especially with the Gravity Gun). This cinematic experience has since been used by Bioshock, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, etc.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#16 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

well i just got my copy of it yesterday on 360 and i played portal, yes its really good but way too short. Then i decided to play team fortress........1 person per tv splitscreen?!?...... DO THEY EXPECT US TO HAVE LIKE 20 TVS IN ONE ROOM!?!!.. god i was dissapointed in that. and half life 2, im so bored. all you do is walk for like 20000000000 metres, your always running from something!!!! i love portal but all the other games are crap or boring!

frozenchimp

TF 2 is online. What are you talking about?

I kind of agree. I liked the games but it still came out back in 2004 and the expansions didn't really add much to me. Two things that bring it down for me are that, while I really like the use of pysics, the gravity gun doesn't always interest me that much (I'd actually rather it be used against me), also I really hate the girl you are with most of the time.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
i have a feeling that your rated this game alot less because it lacks split screen... but you can't deny that this is the best value for the money...
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Lame game with constant waits for loading if I had known it was that weak I wouldn`t have bought it either
secher_nbiw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 secher_nbiw
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
It's nice to find someone who agrees with me about the O(verrated)range Box. Yeah portal was fun, for two and a half hours. Team Fortress 2, not bad, but the kid is right about no split screen. Developers need to realize that not everyone loves playing online. Half Life games may have been revolutionary in 1998 and 2004 or whenever they came out, but I dont really see it. And yes, I got to the part with the gravity gun (yawn) am not a Halo fanboy,and i am old. It would be nice if you HL fans could appreciate that not everyone has the same view on this game.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

[QUOTE="rockstar_88"]Half-Life is one of those games that people put on a high pedistal because it revolutionized its genre (that includes the 2nd one). No, probably by today's standards it may not thrill you all that much, but back in the day it was considered the best FPS of all time (you know, like how people felt that magic the first time they played RE4 or Gears of War when it first came out). In fact, Half-Life and Half-Life 2 basically gave the blueprint for all future FPS to follow.frozenchimp

yeah Half life is the award winning (best shooter of all time) back in the day (few years ago). In Todays standards, it might feel like a outdated game. still Orange box is the best deal you can get on the 360. I wouldnt call it the best deal in gaming history. there are many PC boxes with more games in it for less money. the gamers that have played HL2 before, and liked it, LOVE the orange box. New gamers might hate it or dont know what all the fuzz is about.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#21 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

First off its a great deal.. 5 games for the price of one.

Also has the 2nd best multiplayer of the year IMO.

Half Life 2 and epsecially Episode 2 are FANTASTIC singleplayer games, and they blow any of the halo singleplayer out of the water. Much better story and characters IMO

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

Half Life 2 is one of the best shooters of all time. It originally came out and it still has better graphics than halo 3. It has awesome, visceral gameplay as well. And TF2 is an online shooter.....

hillelslovak

dude i don't think halo 3 has anything to do w/ it as i have both, and i love both.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

TF2 is an online game... portal is probably the best game last year or the biggest positive surprise at the very least.

Halflife 2 is great but gets a bit boring after 6 hours.

Your problem is this: YOU COULD HAVE KNOWN ALL YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT> INFORM YOURSELF BEFORE BUYING>

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killerfist

hillelslovak

lol guess we have a HL fanboy here:lol: (and halo hater!) :P

what makes you say half life has better graphics?? I do agree halo3 isnt Mindblowing graphicwise, but nonetheless you are very wrong. maybe you should wear your Gordon Freeman glasses?

Im not bashing HL or anything..I love the series..but your post is kinda...lame...

NeloAngelo4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NeloAngelo4
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

I only liked Portal in the Orange box

elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts

It's okay to not like a game despite it's critical acclaim, but to wonder why it's so good like your opinion is the only one that matters is another.

You have bad taste, go back to that History Channel game.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 killerfist

It's okay to not like a game despite it's critical acclaim, but to wonder why it's so good like your opinion is the only one that matters is another.

You have bad taste, go back to that History Channel game.

elektrixxx

Love the sig man:P kudos

leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts
I never liked half life...the 1st one i played on computer couldnt even pass the first level, but team fortress seems wicked.
GokDaTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GokDaTurk
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Ive played the games and they are ok, i wouldnt actualy say they are great, but i give the orage box a 8/10 in my oppionion they couldve made it better in regards to graphics.

pinionxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pinionxl
Member since 2002 • 1870 Posts
I really really wanted to like it too and just can't. I'm not a Halo fanboy, I disliked H3 more, but HL2 seems very outdated now. It's boring. Even the gravity gun was boring because I had all my fun with one of those in Bioshock.
devil_1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 devil_1994
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts
i personally really liked the game it was no5 on my best 2007 games simply because it has 5 games and i didnt play any of them so it was awesome to me i liked them all exept portal *runs away for my life* i really didnt like it cause i hate puzzles. but the other 4 games were all great
marinebro0306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 marinebro0306
Member since 2005 • 1098 Posts

im 15, and becuz i dont like half life it means im 10? wtf dood?frozenchimp

You could at least use intelligible writing.

frozenchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 frozenchimp

...........i just couldnt be bothered writing because. why does it matter?

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

I'm not a big fan of HL2 either, and I know quite a few others as well.

I think the main reason it got 9.5 (and extremely high ratings everywhere else) was the fact you get a good 5 games in one disc - which is no small detail. After you get past Portal and TF [which have a great deal of fun-factor], all that's left is a game which I could play on PC years ago...

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

frozenchimp

As said before Team Fortress like all other Source games are online only sucks you don't Live. Portal is the weakest portion of OB for me I thought it was boring and never finished it but if you like it good for you. And as for HL2, its hit or miss. You are either going to appreciate it as a work of art or not like the playing style which is rare. Because it seems like 95% of people who have played it think it is a masterpiece.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
ummm, TF2 is amazing, and so is portal and then the HL are great
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
Orange Box is a great deal purely because of how much is in one package. Still, I've never been THAT into HL. It's definitely a good game but I have one major problem with it...doorways.

Nearly EVERY single doorway I walk through, I bump into. I don't know whether the blame Gordon Freeman's shoulders or short sightedness on the developers behalf. It gets very tiresome.
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts

HL2 is one of the best shooters ever.

Portal is one the most fun games I played all year.

TF2 is a solid online game.

If the Orange Box doesn't deserve a 9.5 nothing does.

Blackjack141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blackjack141
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts

Yea the orange box was a total letdown. NO freekin multiplayer in TF, Portal was good and how was it a funny game preety creepy if i say so. lol, HL Boooring start.

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

'NO freekin multiplayer in TF2'

lolwut

bergkamp100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bergkamp100
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
im just as surprise as u ar
PinkAngelDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PinkAngelDead
Member since 2008 • 124 Posts
I won't be buying the orange box. I had Halflife on my old xbox and while I thought it was a decent shooter, it didn't blow me away. But I guess it's still a classic, and plenty of people are gonna wanna get it for 360 for a bit of nostalgia.
supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
I won't be buying the orange box. I had Halflife on my old xbox and while I thought it was a decent shooter, it didn't blow me away. But I guess it's still a classic, and plenty of people are gonna wanna get it for 360 for a bit of nostalgia. PinkAngelDead
lol u had it on xbox? hahaha that doesnt do the game any justice, and to the TC, play through the whole game before you rant on, just makes your statement so much more worthless
odiedodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 odiedodie
Member since 2004 • 274 Posts

OB is great value for money

5 games in one (even 5 remakes/old games in one is something id like more developers to try)

Portal I had no love for

The HL's are great fun

TF2 is great online - but the servers suck, and the dumbasses who always go snipers and others who refure to communicate ruin it a little bit. But playing with friends is immense

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#45 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Yea the orange box was a total letdown. NO freekin multiplayer in TF, Portal was good and how was it a funny game preety creepy if i say so. lol, HL Boooring start.

Blackjack141

What are you talking about? There is tons of multiplayer with Team Fortress 2, the gameplay is very complex and inovative. The game is awesome online IMO.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Umm... OK. Orange Box is one of the best games on 360, but to each their own... when I met someone that actually didn't like Thai food, I stopped being surprised about stuff like this.
tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tomoward41
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

frozenchimp

your so right, orange box is overrated, half life 2 is not that fun and TF boring too.

semperfi122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 semperfi122
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts
why do you guys have to go and bash the topic poster, he simply didn't understand why this game was so good, I know at first glance at the topic title he sounds like a fanboy but he doesn't act like one. You guys don't have to be jackasses for no apparent reason to him
Madbhal402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 Madbhal402
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts

hillelslovak

Did he say he loves halo 3. you have a creppy obession with Halo 3. Half life 2 has better graphics then halo 3:shock::lol:

But im sorta like him too. I absolutely love portal and Team fortress 2. But i hate the half life series. It is just too tatical for me.

the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the1stfandb
Member since 2007 • 2397 Posts

hillelslovak

I love half life and half life 2 + eps its the best sp ever. But plz don't call him a halo fan boy I love halo just not as much. I think the only problem w/ OB is that there is no online split screen in tf2 and thus not very social. Other then that its almost perfect. Half life 2 ep2 has better graphics but hl2 is only better in physics and faces other then that halo3 looks better.