Wireless Headset Controller Sync - Help please?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aeoxins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aeoxins
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts
Yeah. so I have the problem where my wireless headset will not sync with my controller.  The controller I am using is one that was included with my console.  I was wondering if there is anyway to resolve this by any other means than by buying a new controller?
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts
Ok...the Wireless headset does not sync with the controller at all. It syncs with the system. Use the same method as if syncing a wireless controller with the console.
Aeoxins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Aeoxins
You don't understand.  When I sync the headset to the console, the 2nd quadrant lights up.  I am using controller #1, but the headset says I can only use controllers #2-4. 
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fore_runner

You don't understand. When I sync the headset to the console, the 2nd quadrant lights up. I am using controller #1, but the headset says I can only use controllers #2-4. Aeoxins

Did you try syncing the wireless headset before turning on your wireless controller, as the directions state. (and before you try this, restart your console manually) 

Aeoxins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aeoxins
Yeah.  I will sync the headset by itself with the controller off, and it tells me that I am on controller #1.  When I turn on the contoller, the headset switches to #2 and the controller becomes #1.
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fore_runner

Yeah. I will sync the headset by itself with the controller off, and it tells me that I am on controller #1. When I turn on the contoller, the headset switches to #2 and the controller becomes #1.Aeoxins

And nothing is plugged into the controller itself like a wired headset?

In this case, I would call tech support. 

Aeoxins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Aeoxins
Is there a solution to this or no?  This one guy is trying to explain what I'm doing wrong, but I'm doing nothing wrong.  All I want to know is, Is there a solution to this, or do I take the worthless crap back to the store?
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts
I've read about this before actually. Apparently the headset DOES interact with the controller signal somehow and some controllers (particularly older ones) have an issue with it. Try setting all 4 of your controllers as #1 (eg: turn the machine on with each) and I'm sure it will work with at least one of them.