Wireless Controller Issue!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts
Ok this has been happening for the past week or so. It keeps saying "Please re-connect your xbox 360 controller". It says this when I have FULL BATTERY LIFE! This is really pissing me off! What can this problem be? Do you think a play and charge kit would better this situation?
HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Speed Bump!
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
How do you know it has full battery life? Anyway, did you rearrange your gaming set up recently? if your controller is out of view from the receiver, it will say "please re-connect your controller." I sometimes play games with my controller pointed to the ground, and if it hold it there long enough, ill get that message.
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

How do you know it has full battery life? Anyway, did you rearrange your gaming set up recently? if your controller is out of view from the receiver, it will say "please re-connect your controller." I sometimes play games with my controller pointed to the ground, and if it hold it there long enough, ill get that message. callen3

If you press the guide button, in the top right corner it has a meter for how much juice your wireless charge has.

callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 callen3
Oh nice, never knew that.
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shrapnel99

Oh nice, never knew that. callen3

Yeah, I think they added it in the 2006 Fall update.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HoVDaHuSTLa1
I seriously doubt facing my controller down ward is the reason for this annoying message. Would a charge and play kit work? being that it's no longer wireless if it's connected?
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shrapnel99

I seriously doubt facing my controller down ward is the reason for this annoying message. Would a charge and play kit work? being that it's no longer wireless if it's connected?HoVDaHuSTLa1

The only thing the play and charge kit does, is charge the controller and allow you to play at the same time. Have you tried recconecting the controller? (Using the little button on the controller at the same time as the button on the console)

callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 callen3
Well, what i meant was, if you have an obstruction in between you and your xbox, or point your controller in the wrong direction, you will get that message. Like, for example, i can't play games if i have these big fluffy pillows on my couch, they cause me to get that message. So, that is why i asked if your gaming environment change. Anyway, i don't know about charge and play.
HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Having the charge kit, yeh it does charge while you play, but it also makes the controller "wired" and no longer "wireless" which is why I'm assuming it can prevent that message. As far as me having anything in the way, absolutely not. I sit about 2 feet away from my xbox, If I extend my arms, I can almost touch it. It's annoying because I play a lot of multiplayer Halo3 and just when I'm about to get "over kill" the damn sign comes up and someone blows me to smitherreens. which encourages me to shut off the system and remain pissed thinking to myself why in the hell does this keep happening.
HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HoVDaHuSTLa1
So should I purchase a new controller? or get that charge and play kit?
HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HoVDaHuSTLa1
ugh, anybody? what should I do?
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Well, what i meant was, if you have an obstruction in between you and your xbox, or point your controller in the wrong direction, you will get that message. Like, for example, i can't play games if i have these big fluffy pillows on my couch, they cause me to get that message. So, that is why i asked if your gaming environment change. Anyway, i don't know about charge and play.callen3

there is somethin wrong with your controller if it does that. anyway TC: do you have any friends nearby that have a charge kit? if so then ask if you can try it with theirs. dont ask for just the cable also the batterypack. thecharge kit is recommended anyway

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HoVDaHuSTLa1

[QUOTE="callen3"]Well, what i meant was, if you have an obstruction in between you and your xbox, or point your controller in the wrong direction, you will get that message. Like, for example, i can't play games if i have these big fluffy pillows on my couch, they cause me to get that message. So, that is why i asked if your gaming environment change. Anyway, i don't know about charge and play.killerfist

there is somethin wrong with your controller if it does that. anyway TC: do you have any friends nearby that have a charge kit? if so then ask if you can try it with theirs. dont ask for just the cable also the batterypack. thecharge kit is recommended anyway

yeh, i do have plenty friends with the kit, just that they have the white kit, which doesn't work on Elites for some odd reason.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="callen3"]Well, what i meant was, if you have an obstruction in between you and your xbox, or point your controller in the wrong direction, you will get that message. Like, for example, i can't play games if i have these big fluffy pillows on my couch, they cause me to get that message. So, that is why i asked if your gaming environment change. Anyway, i don't know about charge and play.HoVDaHuSTLa1

yeh, i do have plenty friends with the kit, just that they have the white kit, which doesn't work on Elites for some odd reason.

strange there shouldnt be a difference between the two I think. maybe go to your local game store and ask if you can try it there on a kooked up 360?

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HoVDaHuSTLa1
^^^yeh i guess that's my only resort. damn.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killerfist
yeah well there are other solutions but they all involve money lol (eg. buying a new controller or charge kit)
HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HoVDaHuSTLa1
which is what i want to do, but idk what route to take..i might get the charge kit, if that fails then ima get a new controller
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 killerfist

If I were you I would ask first if you can try your controller with a charge kit in the store. the fastest way to be sure what to get. You need to go to the store anyway you might aswell take your controller with you;)

edit: maybe Its just a battery issue. if so you dont have to buy a whole new controller, just a playnCharge kit(which is cheaper)

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HoVDaHuSTLa1

If I were you I would ask first if you can try your controller with a charge kit in the store. the fastest way to be sure what to get. You need to go to the store anyway you might aswell take your controller with you;)

edit: maybe Its just a battery issue. if so you dont have to buy a whole new controller, just a playnCharge kit(which is cheaper)

killerfist

yeh ima go with the kit, thanks dude

kazuyasongoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 kazuyasongoku
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts

This happened to a mate of mine a few months back and now it's starting to happen to me aswell. It's a problem with the clip on the battery pack. The contacts come away from each other thus the controller assumes that the batteries have died when in fact it is the connection. Try placing a piece of folded up tissue/paper or kitchen towel in the battery pack to "Thicken" it up.

Otherwise you'll have to adjust your playing style so you can hold the pack in place with a finger or two or buy a new controller. Frankly MS/xbox has a lot to make up to the consumer for.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="callen3"]Well, what i meant was, if you have an obstruction in between you and your xbox, or point your controller in the wrong direction, you will get that message. Like, for example, i can't play games if i have these big fluffy pillows on my couch, they cause me to get that message. So, that is why i asked if your gaming environment change. Anyway, i don't know about charge and play.HoVDaHuSTLa1

Actually, it does not matter what colour or version the Play & Charge kit is due to the fact that White P&C Kits can work on black Elite controllers and Black P&C Kits can work on White normal controllers.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killerfist
[QUOTE="HoVDaHuSTLa1"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="callen3"]Well, what i meant was, if you have an obstruction in between you and your xbox, or point your controller in the wrong direction, you will get that message. Like, for example, i can't play games if i have these big fluffy pillows on my couch, they cause me to get that message. So, that is why i asked if your gaming environment change. Anyway, i don't know about charge and play.ISuperGamerI

Actually, it does not matter what colour or version the Play & Charge kit is due to the fact that White P&C Kits can work on black Elite controllers and Black P&C Kits can work on White normal controllers.

thats what I thought so I guesshe has a controller failure then. sure Hope hes not off to the store and buys a charge kit which would be useless if the controller is screwed.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
What I think is wrong is that, your batteries may be loose. The controller may at some points know that there is all the juice in the batteries but they may accidentally disconnect if it is lose or something. This happened to me a while back and I wondered what it was cos it turned of so easily. So I started shaking it, and it turned off, turned it back on and did it again. That may be the problem I dunno. But I hate wireless controller because I always have to change the battery and I hate that, I am thinking of just buying a wired one.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killerfist

What I think is wrong is that, your batteries may be loose. The controller may at some points know that there is all the juice in the batteries but they may accidentally disconnect if it is lose or something. This happened to me a while back and I wondered what it was cos it turned of so easily. So I started shaking it, and it turned off, turned it back on and did it again. That may be the problem I dunno. But I hate wireless controller because I always have to change the battery and I hate that, I am thinking of just buying a wired one.xTheExploited

you know there is a Play and charge kit right? its invented so you dont have to change youre batteries all the time:P it comes with a batterypack that you can charge with the cord by connecting it to you 360 and play at the same time!

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Ok, I still havn't ran off on getting the kit yet because I opened up this thread and read interesting things. Someone stated before that the battery pack can be a bit off of the controller, which is true. There is a little seperation in which I feel that if I hold the battery pack in, the sign doesn't come up, but once i let go and it vibrates, it disconnects. Question, being that it has that seperation with the battery pack, will it have the same seperation for the play and charge kit?
French023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 French023
Member since 2005 • 1291 Posts

How do you know it has full battery life? Anyway, did you rearrange your gaming set up recently? if your controller is out of view from the receiver, it will say "please re-connect your controller." I sometimes play games with my controller pointed to the ground, and if it hold it there long enough, ill get that message. callen3

I change my setup very often...and that has never happened....it even works when imbehind my 360.

for example i took it to a hotel and i was messing with my bro and i turned it on and started a game in a different room...so i dont think thats the problem

kazuyasongoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 kazuyasongoku
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts
Ok, I still havn't ran off on getting the kit yet because I opened up this thread and read interesting things. Someone stated before that the battery pack can be a bit off of the controller, which is true. There is a little seperation in which I feel that if I hold the battery pack in, the sign doesn't come up, but once i let go and it vibrates, it disconnects. Question, being that it has that seperation with the battery pack, will it have the same seperation for the play and charge kit?HoVDaHuSTLa1
I can't help you there dude. I suppose it depends on whether it's the battery pack or the controller itself that has the issue of faulty clips.