Will you wait on reviews before you make your purchase of Battlefield 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JAMullins
Member since 2003 • 582 Posts

I am disappointed in the Beta. I understand that it is a beta but even if you take all the bugs out it still isn't what I was expecting on the xbox 360. I would purchase the game for sure on PC if I had a good enough rig to run it the way it was meant to be played but sadly I don't. I still have high hopes that the full release will make some drastic changes on the graphic end as well as netcode. I will be waiting on a metacritic review of this game before I consider making my purchase. Hopefully EA/Dice won't have an embargo that lifts on release day. Hopefully we can see reviews on the 21st.

Burnt_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Burnt_Brains
Member since 2011 • 187 Posts
I've already preordered it, I think I will give it a chance before I bash it because of a beta. I'll read some reviews too though...
special77j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 special77j
Member since 2011 • 89 Posts
i have always been a CoD player but after trying the BF3 beta i ma so impressed with the different playstyle that i switched my preorder. beta is buggy but as lpong as we let dice know the bugs it will be fine by launch.
homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
I was never going to pre-order it in the first place. Not a big war-shooter, so I'll wait until it hits maybe the $30 price point on Amazon. That said, for a war-shooter, BF3 does look very promising even though the beta has shaken some of my faith.
cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

hell no, picking it up at midnight. i love the beta and understand its a early beta. and its friggen battlefield, coudlnt care if it was rewrapped poop, i blindly buy anything with BATTLEFIELD on the front like others do with cod

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Not a chance. Ill be in line at midnight somewhere. Despite some imperfections with the beta(it is a beta after all), the gameplay, gunplay, immersion and visuals to me are all improved over BC2 and that Imo makes BF3 a must purchase day 1!!! Anyone who is jumping ship on this monster game because of the beta probably wasnt going to get it in the first place.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Already paid for with Amazon. Should be in my hands on day of release.

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

If you cancel your preorder because of the beta, I feel bad for you. I'm going to laugh at all the BF3 haters when the game is released, gets a super high score everywhere, sells super well, and everyone loves it. I 100% guarantee that this board and GS boards in general will do a complete 360, and 99% of the people bashing the beta will be praising the game later this month. Sig it, bookmark this thread, whatever. It will happen.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

If you cancel your preorder because of the beta, I feel bad for you. I'm going to laugh at all the BF3 haters when the game is released, gets a super high score everywhere, sells super well, and everyone loves it. I 100% guarantee that this board and GS boards in general will do a complete 360, and 99% of the people bashing the beta will be praising the game later this month. Sig it, bookmark this thread, whatever. It will happen.

elpooz

Super idea.

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
The beta was disappointing at first, but that was because of massive over-hype and the main ad campaign on the PC.. It looks like Dice will need to iron out a lot of bugs and glitches but I trust the other maps, vehicles and such will be fun.. The beta is fun as long as you don't die randomly constantly...
VHEISU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VHEISU
Member since 2011 • 365 Posts

yes i will and since most reviews now and days come out a couple days before the review. if they are good i will preorder it the day before it releases

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
I'll wait and see the reviews. I personally didn't encounter any bugs, but I only played 2 rounds. The gameplay didn't draw me in, like I thought it would; and it's not because I was terrible at it. My first play through I got 16 kills and 10 deaths...and my second play through, I had 24 kills and 11 deaths....
OmegaApache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OmegaApache
Member since 2011 • 81 Posts
Getting it day one, I just wish they put caspain on the 360 version :( [of the beta]
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Probably not, since msot reviewers will probably be paid off
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

No, it will be superb. Both on and offline.8)

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I have it preordered, but I might hold off until I find it cheaper on Amazon. I'm quite dissapointed with the number of times I died because of someone hiding in the bushes, proned, etc. Maybe it happened often because of the game mode (rush). The campaign looks amazing, but my experience with the Beta may cause me to wait for a price drop.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Nope, the beta is an older version and also it was a MEH map that they had.

I got to try the bigger Caspian map and it was AWESOME... I would rate Metro 5/10 and Caspiano 10/10.

Trust me when I say this.... don't skip the game just based on the beta which was an older build, the retail version will be better.

Caspian map on conquest when I got ot play it was just epic, pure epicness.

I still dont understand why EA/Dice made Metro the beta map, blows my mind when they have a much better Caspian map they could have used.

Also having been in plnety of betas before, I have seen first hand the difference between a beta build and a retail build.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

I love the beta, so I'll be keeping my preorder. Plus you get the Back to Karkand expansion for free, and I absolutely love all the maps and weapons included in that.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

The beta was a glitchy pos and on consoles looked terrible. That being said I'll still buy 2 copies and not care about reviews.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Nope. Pre ordered it already ($60 AU for the ltd edition). They're not about to make a dog's breakfast of it so I know I'm going to enjoy myself.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
After that beta/demo thing...you bet.
Lexter45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lexter45
Member since 2011 • 1204 Posts

Oh Yeah.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
Day one purchase. No question.
Endomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Endomi
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Nope,to be honest the whole "Modern War Shooter" genre is getting stale.
Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

Absolutely not. BF3 is the one game I have no doubts about this fall. Can't wait!

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#26 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

The beta is not representative of the final game-- EA released a statement saying that the code in this beta is early. I'm sure BF3 will do well.

JoeJoeLaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 JoeJoeLaker
Member since 2010 • 704 Posts

For me it's "Will you wait for money before you make your purchase of battlefield 3?"

If I have money day 1, i'll for sure buy it.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Forget the reviews, I already cancelled my preorder and won't get the game. Too many other games coming out, and the beta left me doubting, so I'll just skip it. I'll have other shooters to play anyway.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i all ready preorder 360 version i dont care about reviews
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#30 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5904 Posts

Nope. Reserved it; first day purchase.

People don't realize that the beta they released was likely to test the servers. Maybe some technical issues, but not much else. It is not a version of the final product, and it isn't a demo.

JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JAMullins
Member since 2003 • 582 Posts

I am going to wait on reviews simply because there are too many great games coming out to spend your money on crap.

Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts
definitely waiting.. the beta being such a poor choice of map and probably playing nothing like the game itself will, i don't know what to expect. and i doubt we'll see any demo (unless the sales are real bad after a while) i really don't know why they chose that map, cause it showed very badly upon them (you know the beta was as much marketing as testing.. and whoever was in charge of chosing metro, lost them a lot of money i think.) i want the limited if i do get it.. but by the sounds of things.. there's no rush, should be plenty of copies available.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Dude, I played the PC version and it's just as horrible. Don't think anything will change by switching. I'm running this thing off an SSD with 6 gigs of ram, a 5870 gpu and an i7 cpu. It's one of the worst games I've played on pc. I was originally going to purchase this game through best-buy's buy 5 get $100 deal, but now I'm thinking about getting a different game instead. Sure this is only a beta, but a promotional one. They have less than a month to fix all of their problems, which isn't going to happen.
BurlyBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BurlyBro
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Already preordered... Bad Company 2 sold me on BF3