Will you use the new dashboard?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hoot3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Hoot3232
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

i prob wont because im not gonna watch xbox turn into what its trying to become, the dashboard is perfect how it is, and the avatars *offensive word removed*

Moderator Note: Offensive word removed, topic closed.

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
If we have a choice then no, but if we don't then I guess I'm using now aren't I?
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
The avatars are optional and are not the whole dashboard. :|
Hoot3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hoot3232
If we have a choice then no, but if we don't then I guess I'm using now aren't I?gamerfreak1991
they announced that WE DO have a choice. so theres an answer to that question.
Bulova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bulova
Member since 2003 • 1237 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]If we have a choice then no, but if we don't then I guess I'm using now aren't I?Hoot3232

What choice? It's a mandatory download. The only way of not getting is to not be connected to live.

If you're talking about the fact that they said the blade system is still there, then it's not the same thing as choosing to use the new one or not.

The blade system shows up when you press the guide button, but its a little different than the current blade system.

Finly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Finly
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts
No, the avatars aren't a big deal, the whole design of the 360 is part of the reason i liked it.. Personally I now own every gaming console, pc ps3 wii and 360. The 360 has the best (Pc aside) menu, or at least the most appealing.
Sgt_Knoper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sgt_Knoper
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I want to try out the new dashboard and see how it feels and if it's less cluttered and intuitive. If not I can always go back. Right?

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]If we have a choice then no, but if we don't then I guess I'm using now aren't I?Hoot3232

Actually you don't really have a choice if you're connected to the internet and you want to stay connected - the update will make you play offline until you download it.

Finly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Finly
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts

I want to try out the new dashboard and see how it feels and if it's less cluttered and intuitive. If not I can always go back. Right?

Sgt_Knoper

Hopefully.. I never heard that you could switch back, though i do hope it's true.

I will test it out for awhile, but I just don't like the look, seems bland. I like the color in the defualt one.

creature_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 creature_09
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Sgt_Knoper

odds are that you won't be able to go back but i could be wrong. Why are they updating the dashboard? Half the people don't have live hooked up.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
Im into it for the games, not the dashboard and if you are too so drop it :lol:
Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Duke_51
[QUOTE="Sgt_Knoper"]

creature_09

odds are that you won't be able to go back but i could be wrong. Why are they updating the dashboard? Half the people don't have live hooked up.

I sincerely doubt you will be able to go back to the old look without deleting all your updates and playing offline. Otherwise, we will be forced to use it.

I'll probably use this new look regardless, looks cool and I like the use of avatars, seeing as how I can never find a gamer picture that I stick with for more than a week - they should work well for me.

cougar65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cougar65
Member since 2003 • 1035 Posts
If you can customize your avatar like you can the Mii's on the Wii, then I'll use em along with the new dashboard. Say what you want about them being stupid or gay but I got me a spiderman mii, so if i can make him my avatar, that would be awesome. Better yet, Chuck Norris?
Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Duke_51
If you can customize your avatar like you can the Mii's on the Wii, then I'll use em along with the new dashboard. Say what you want about them being stupid or gay but I got me a spiderman mii, so if i can make him my avatar, that would be awesome. Better yet, Chuck Norris?cougar65
Yeah you can customize your avatar and at E3 they even said certain achievements will unlock clothing and accesories for it too.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts

[QUOTE="cougar65"]If you can customize your avatar like you can the Mii's on the Wii, then I'll use em along with the new dashboard. Say what you want about them being stupid or gay but I got me a spiderman mii, so if i can make him my avatar, that would be awesome. Better yet, Chuck Norris?Duke_51
Yeah you can customize your avatar and at E3 they even said certain achievements will unlock clothing and accesories for it too.

FINALLY

achivements will actually MEAN something lol

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Yeah of course I will. It's new and it's free.
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Half the people don't have live hooked up.

creature_09

Those people will eventually get it as well, since the updates are on discs, too. If you don't update, you don't play that game.

Also don't forget that there is more than one new feature besides the looks and the avatars....

-Install to HDD (it works for 20GB, but this is practically for the 60GB and 120GB users)

-Xbox Live Party

-Netflix

-New "Primetime" channel (They have events on Xbox.xom like that, but I could never find out how to join)

-Among others...

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="Duke_51"][QUOTE="cougar65"]If you can customize your avatar like you can the Mii's on the Wii, then I'll use em along with the new dashboard. Say what you want about them being stupid or gay but I got me a spiderman mii, so if i can make him my avatar, that would be awesome. Better yet, Chuck Norris?magicalclick

FINALLY

Duh, achievements already can unlock GamerPic, no biggy.

as far as i know only one achivement so far unlocks a Gamerpic and thats the "I bought this achivement" in PGR 4

mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 mclakers
Member since 2003 • 456 Posts
one reason for me NETFLIX!!!
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i would say yes i am going to try it out see h ow oi like it. if i don't then i will try and get to the old dashboard.
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
It looks sexy. Why not?
Avatar image for marvingamebeast
marvingamebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 marvingamebeast
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts
Yes defenitely I love the new look the old dashboard is just getting so old and annoying.
imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

i prob wont because im not gonna watch xbox turn into what its trying to become, the dashboard is perfect how it is, and the avatars, gay.

Hoot3232

yeah, avatars are totally noob gay that's so gay like how I am internet tough guy. i know all martial arts and will beat you for downloading the gay avatar noob!

Vengent25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vengent25
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts
I actually like the idea with avatars. Even though I will not pay for clothes if you have to pay for them. Also there is another dashboard when you click the guide button which is smaller more organized and easier to use.
imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

internet tough guy

"avatars are teh gay"

internet tough guy finds out he can accessorize his avatar to look like Marcus Fenis or Master Chief

"avatars FTW yo!"

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Well i don't mind "kiddish" things and it wont hurt my sexuality or my consoles "sexuality." I think they'll be interesting and fun to try and unlock in achievements. Can't wait to see how the new dashboard operates as well.
xAlb1nox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xAlb1nox
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Yessir:D
zacho26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zacho26
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
the avatars are a little wii-ish but i guess its opitonal, so i dont care.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

I like when the UI gets changed - as long as it remains efficient then I'm happy.

Avatars would be cooler if they were more adult oriented instead of anime.

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
i will. i like the look of it.
Hoot3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Hoot3232

I like when the UI gets changed - as long as it remains efficient then I'm happy.

Avatars would be cooler if they were more adult oriented instead of anime.

stygiansanity
i know, it looks so gay but, if it was like u said, it would be much better.
Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Duke_51

internet tough guy

"avatars are teh gay"

internet tough guy finds out he can accessorize his avatar to look like Marcus Fenis or Master Chief

"avatars FTW yo!"

imperial_agent
QFT^
IMonKI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 IMonKI
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts
Yes I will. I have had my Xbox ever since it came out. The dashboard now is getting old and I want something different. Also since its a mandatory download or if you just dont want to ever play online again because you don't want to use the new dashboard. Then I say have fun playing first player games by yourself. Paying 50 dollars a year to not play online. Nice. Haha I like how some people are saying that, "Well I'm just going to go try it out." Too bad once you get it, you won't be able to go back.
dawiggy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dawiggy7
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I wont use it so much for the avatars, but the live chat and parties are great, primetime with real prizes, and the ability to watch movies from Netflix (gonna become a member)
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts
Yes cant wait for the update.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

i prob wont because im not gonna watch xbox turn into what its trying to become, the dashboard is perfect how it is, and the avatars, gay.

Hoot3232

yeah, but the new dashboard has all the same layout as the old one when you press the guide button. The old layout is still there.

xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
[QUOTE="magicalclick"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="Duke_51"][QUOTE="cougar65"]If you can customize your avatar like you can the Mii's on the Wii, then I'll use em along with the new dashboard. Say what you want about them being stupid or gay but I got me a spiderman mii, so if i can make him my avatar, that would be awesome. Better yet, Chuck Norris?FUBAR24

FINALLY

as far as i know only one achivement so far unlocks a Gamerpic and thats the "I bought this achivement" in PGR 4

So dose the Seriously achievement in GoW

I love starting a new page ;)

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
i dont see the major issue? really how much would any of us stare at the dashboard, i dont know about u, but i like to play games on my 360
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I didn't think it was optional (if you have internet connection to your 360). I will use it of course, I'm pretty sure it will be a mandatory update.....
Rasjr20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Rasjr20
Member since 2007 • 2166 Posts
Im excited for it and wonder If ill unlock stuff for my avatar from the Acheivements I already have unlocked
jbisco25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 jbisco25
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts
Yeah of course I will. It's new and it's free.Trickshot771
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts
I dont mind have the idea of an avatar, but I will probably stick with what I got..the avatar thing is cool but I dont like the new blade set up
Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts
Yes it looks amazing and i'm very excited
Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="magicalclick"][QUOTE="FUBAR24"]

[QUOTE="Duke_51"][QUOTE="cougar65"]If you can customize your avatar like you can the Mii's on the Wii, then I'll use em along with the new dashboard. Say what you want about them being stupid or gay but I got me a spiderman mii, so if i can make him my avatar, that would be awesome. Better yet, Chuck Norris?xXmeatwad225Xx

FINALLY

So dose the Seriously achievement in GoW

I love starting a new page ;)

As well as completing Gears on Insane

Shadowrun and Mass Effect have unlockable gamerpics as well

gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
I dont see why people dont like it. I mean you dont have to see it, just leave your game disk in there so when it loads up, you dont look at it. I will use it and a lot of people agree according to your poll. And people who think they are too manly for avatars or they think its too kiddy, I am 14, I play high school football, and I will use it. Sure I may not be older and my reason wont really matter but I am stating a point. MS gives an update with a lot of things people wanted and now they are like "OH noz, they be copying da ps3 and wii, dis suxx, I willz not use it becuz it suxx". Grow up and deal with it, it is mandatory, stop with these threads, and it is free, how many times does Microsoft give you free cool stuff??
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

I'm going to use it, the new blade system is hot, I just hope it's speedy/fast. The avatars aren't a big deal for me since I barely stick around my dashboard for too long...

I'm going to be too busy playing Gears of War 2 and Resident Evil 5 to be worrying about what my avatar looks like...