Will you exchange ur xbox?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
So Xbox Elite will be out on Aprl. 29th i was just wondering how many of you will exchange ur xbox from regular 360 to Elite.
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
STICKY!
rogue48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogue48
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts
if you exchange your xbox then you will lose everything on the harddrive, besides 20 gigs is enough for me.  I don't download any movies and the demos i usually only play once to see if the game is good.  maybe eventually, but not for a while.
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
How can we exchange it? I dont think MS will just let us do that. Unless you mean taking it back were you bought it, and I just dont see a lot of peopel doing that.
Avatar image for Metroidmaniac88
Metroidmaniac88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Metroidmaniac88
Member since 2005 • 628 Posts
Yeah, EB or Gamestop are going to have to have trade in deals if they want to sell this thing. Like maybe trade in your console and 5 xbox 360 games for an elite......I dont know if I see this happening but it would be smart on there part.
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 insane_metalist
How can we exchange it? I dont think MS will just let us do that. Unless you mean taking it back were you bought it, and I just dont see a lot of peopel doing that.RabbidDawg
yeah u have to take it where u bought it n then give them ur old one and get Elite and pay some extra for the new system
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
I remeber whe the first xbox dropped in price and everyone went mad about it, they offered everyone who bought one at launch (me included) £100 worth of stuff as compensation, they even delivered it to your door. All i'm going to say is they better offer me something like this. I want Fedex or whoever to arrive at my door and do a straight swap, my 360 for the elite, i'll get the HDD later if i need it, which i dont because I use my pc. If this doesn't happen then we've all took one for the team and given MS support that they just took, rather than earnt.
Xemmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xemmy
Member since 2006 • 308 Posts
I'll wait a week or so to see if there are any bugs before I upgrade.
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
if i can exchange it for free with my warranty why not? its extra stuff i probably will never use but if its free ill take it lol if not im fine with what i have :P
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

[QUOTE="RabbidDawg"]How can we exchange it? I dont think MS will just let us do that. Unless you mean taking it back were you bought it, and I just dont see a lot of peopel doing that.insane_metalist
yeah u have to take it where u bought it n then give them ur old one and get Elite and pay some extra for the new system

Think Im just gonna get the bigger HDD. Reading gamespots article, they said that for current 360 owners its the best way to go, because market place stuff is connected to not only your profile, but the console and DL content wont work unless connected to the internet, which I have that problem anyway because my current console isnt my original due to crashes and a lot of my DL content works that way now.

Im stil dissapointed though because paying 179.00 for an overpriced HDD is now putting my cost way over what I paid for my PS3, but I need the space. I just hate this whole Elite crap. The premium was good enough, why not just make it in black? I thought MS didnt care about HDMI? Why does a 360 120GB HDD have to be so much when I can get a 200 GB laptop HDD for my PS3 for less? I just dont get it.

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="RabbidDawg"]How can we exchange it? I dont think MS will just let us do that. Unless you mean taking it back were you bought it, and I just dont see a lot of peopel doing that.insane_metalist

so your saying you give up your console, all your data on your hard drive AND pay $80 out of your pocket for the same thing but with an hdmi port im never goning to use? HA!
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
Nope. i want it i wont lie! but nahh i also want if anything i'll get the HDD but for that much money....to heck with it im just keeping it the way it is.
Lilyungblood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lilyungblood08
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts
if you get da new hard drive u get a cable to trasfer your saves and stuff over from the old xbox so losing data isnt a problem
Jelle87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jelle87
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts
Nope, keeping the old one. I have a pc for downloading all kinds of crap. Besides 20 gb is more than enough for all savegames, xbla games, some music and a couple of demo's. Besides I use a computer lcd monitor as screen so I don't need hdmi anyway.
rob101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 rob101
Member since 2003 • 850 Posts
I will just buy a couple of black sharpie markers for five dollars and go to town, it is a lot cheaper, maybe i can sell them on eBay:D
Avatar image for oscaritoqueloco
oscaritoqueloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 oscaritoqueloco
Member since 2003 • 168 Posts
if i can exchange it for free with my warranty why not? its extra stuff i probably will never use but if its free ill take it lol if not im fine with what i have :PSTABW0UND
How would you do it with your warranty??
ViPeY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ViPeY
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts
will keep my premium. I don't need HDMI, component is fine for me as I dont have a 1080p tv or the HD Dvd drive and I live in the UK where we can't download tv episodes etc so the 20Gb HDD is plenty big enough for me.
monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#19 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts
I have no need for an Elite. And seeing as I live in Europe, where we don't have Video Marketplace yet, I have no need to upgrade my HDD either, at least in the foreseeable future. The only thing I plan on getting will be a black wireless controller to go along with my white ones.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
the only thing that i want is the HDMI port, 20 gigs is enough for me atm
ebcdic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ebcdic
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts
if you exchange your xbox then you will lose everything on the harddrive, besides 20 gigs is enough for me. I don't download any movies and the demos i usually only play once to see if the game is good. maybe eventually, but not for a while.rogue48
You know this whole thing really makes me mad. I just put a 120GB drive in my PS3 for 70 bucks....What the heck are they thinking. 180$ is insane, it's just a regular drive in a freaken proprietary enclosure. While I could care less about the downloadable HD content some of these games coming, especially the MMOs are gonna have insane hard drive requirements (Conan, Huxley, the rumored FF...). Add to that the bigger Arcade games and 20GB isn't gonna cut it... I used to really think my 360 was a supperior machine to my PS3, especially for the price. Not so sure anymore... This pricing is just wrong.
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="STABW0UND"]if i can exchange it for free with my warranty why not? its extra stuff i probably will never use but if its free ill take it lol if not im fine with what i have :Poscaritoqueloco
How would you do it with your warranty??

if it breaks and a new version came out i get $500 towards it. (not the microsoft warranty the gamestop extended plan)
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 insane_metalist
I have no need for an Elite. And seeing as I live in Europe, where we don't have Video Marketplace yet, I have no need to upgrade my HDD either, at least in the foreseeable future. The only thing I plan on getting will be a black wireless controller to go along with my white ones.monco59
yeah i want a black controller too
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="monco59"]I have no need for an Elite. And seeing as I live in Europe, where we don't have Video Marketplace yet, I have no need to upgrade my HDD either, at least in the foreseeable future. The only thing I plan on getting will be a black wireless controller to go along with my white ones.insane_metalist
yeah i want a black controller too

im going to get the black setup on mine with a black controller and a black shell and eventually headset :P
leebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 leebec
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts
Even though I'm a UK gamer and we haven't got Video Marketplace yet, I would upgrade to the Elite if I got the chance. The only issue for me would be what would happen to the Extended Warranty I've got for my current unit?
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 STABW0UND
[QUOTE="leebec"]Even though I'm a UK gamer and we haven't got Video Marketplace yet, I would upgrade to the Elite if I got the chance. The only issue for me would be what would happen to the Extended Warranty I've got for my current unit?

it would probably void and thats not worth it so i would wait until the warranty is up before i do a thing.
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 insane_metalist
[QUOTE="leebec"]Even though I'm a UK gamer and we haven't got Video Marketplace yet, I would upgrade to the Elite if I got the chance. The only issue for me would be what would happen to the Extended Warranty I've got for my current unit?STABW0UND
it would probably void and thats not worth it so i would wait until the warranty is up before i do a thing.

i dont think Elite is worth buying if u have premium i will only be upgrading HDD and a controller ofcourse :P
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 STABW0UND
after i get my black shell and controller im going to get a wii then after that maybe the 120gb hdd
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 insane_metalist
after i get my black shell and controller im going to get a wii then after that maybe the 120gb hddSTABW0UND
my friend has a wii and i really dont like it i only like zelda on it i hate the controlls and everything else sorry but thats just what i think i might get ps3 later
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
Nothing, i still have 14 GB on my HDD and i don't like teh blackness.
south411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 south411
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
imma keep it
johnnyjr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 johnnyjr2
Member since 2004 • 417 Posts
I like my 360 over VGA which upconverts SD DVD's so HDMI is not needed in my case. The 120gb HDD would be nice but $180 is a joke. So I'm keeping it the way it is.
ziggy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ziggy87
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
I remeber whe the first xbox dropped in price and everyone went mad about it, they offered everyone who bought one at launch (me included) £100 worth of stuff as compensation, they even delivered it to your door. All i'm going to say is they better offer me something like this. I want Fedex or whoever to arrive at my door and do a straight swap, my 360 for the elite, i'll get the HDD later if i need it, which i dont because I use my pc. If this doesn't happen then we've all took one for the team and given MS support that they just took, rather than earnt.the1stmoonfly
hahaha ok buddy you wait for that hahahha
HeadHunter123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HeadHunter123
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts
Would it be wise to just save up for the elite if you've never owned a 360? i wanna get a 360 either premium or eilite.....but i don't know if i should save up over 500 bucks for JUST the console.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#39 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
I download demos, game videos, movies, & TV shows all the time and still have plenty of room on my 20GB HD right now.  Although I would like to have the bigger HD right now I don't really need it and either way I don't think I will pay that much for it anyways.  So, I will stick with the original prem. console because I can get by fine with just 20 GB, the HDMI connection isn't really a big deal, and I could care less about have a black colored console instead of white because either way I would have a skin put on it.
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 insane_metalist
Would it be wise to just save up for the elite if you've never owned a 360? i wanna get a 360 either premium or eilite.....but i don't know if i should save up over 500 bucks for JUST the console.HeadHunter123
if u dont have a 360 and planning on buying one i would recommend u buy the Elite. But if u already have premium like me then just upgrade to HDD if u need to
Cap_n_Crunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 Cap_n_Crunch
Member since 2004 • 492 Posts

I will definitely be buying the new version but not for any of the reasons that the typical consumer is. I will admit the HDMI and larger hard-drive features are awesome but since day one my biggest issue with the console hasn't been video quality or hard-drive space, it has been noise!

The 360 now is extremely loud and runs exceedingly hot. This new unit was rumored to have a diff manufacturer for the disc drive which should alleviate some of those noises and the scratching issue, and although I have yet to see it in print for the new Elite, I'm hoping they actually ended up using smaller chip (from 90nm to 65nm). So long as the unit has both of these features, I'm sold.

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

If anything I will maybe get the bigger HDD at some point.  I could really care less about HDMI right now since the TV my 360 is played on isn't HD and it will probably be the last of the 3 TVs that I have that gets upgraded.  I am happy with my current 360 and don't see the need to go spend the money on the "Elite" version.  If I am goign to spend that much I will end up buying a PS3 that way I have all 3 systems. 

As for the HDD it is a nice option, but I still have over half of the space still available on the original HD that I won't have to worry about running out of space anytime soon.  So if I do upgrade my HDD it probably won't be for a while. 

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
I wont change anything.
lpolitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lpolitis
Member since 2003 • 75 Posts
this is such bs!!! i hope its an april foolsjoke
LobaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LobaFett
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
i already have a buyer for my current 360, $300 bucks plus $100 for the perphs, i will get the elite 360 for $80 bucks.  how could i refuse.
LobaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LobaFett
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
will the elite come in the white casing with 65 nm cpu?
Vic_Vega1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Vic_Vega1994
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts

I will definatley be upgrading the Hard Drive and thank god it comes with a transfer cable to move all my stuff to the new hard drive.

PlayaCDubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PlayaCDubb
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts
My tv has an HDMI input and I wont be upgrading. The only way I would upgrade is if they changed there xbl policy of paid content registering to the console so I wont lose my xbl content I've paid for. I refuse to stay connected to live just to play a game that I can play offline.
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 STABW0UND

I will definatley be upgrading the Hard Drive and thank god it comes with a transfer cable to move all my stuff to the new hard drive.

Vic_Vega1994
the elite dosent come with it but the seperate 120 gb hdd does :P
Icekxg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Icekxg
Member since 2003 • 1060 Posts
component=hdmi. One is digital, one is analog...trust me, you won't see a difference. Unless you had two of the same 62"+ lcd screens, two 2 hundred dollar gold cables, and the same exact electronic system playing the same movie/game sitting side by side would you only notice (maybe) a SLIGHT difference. People blow the whole "hdmi is better than component" thing out of proportion.  hdmi is only good for the image constraint token which is not applied to all hd movies. Besides, it's easily cracked anyway.