Will there ever be a halo 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

#1 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
Do you think that it will happen? And halo wars doesn't count. If so when will it first be shown/released. Was bungies secret game halo 4?
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I'm not saying anything, really. I hope there will be, though. anything's possible. I know there's Halo Wars coming out, but hopefully there's gona be another major installment.
Wunderkid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Wunderkid7
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts
I am not a huge fan of the series but Microsoft would be dumb not to make a Halo 4. It is like crack to a lot of Xbox gamers and they would for sure sell a lot of copies. We have not seen the last of chief imo
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheAcejoel99
I hope there is one, I know I'm a halo fanboy. But I realy do believe that that was the game they wanted to show at e3 by bungie, I know that there are lots a spectulations, but if bungie isn't making halo 4 right now, and when they show off there new game, if it isn't halo 4 i will cry, knowing that halo 4 will take time.
Wunderkid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wunderkid7
Wasn't it confirmed that there was another halo game in production? Besides Halo Wars I mean. I thought that Peter Jackson or someone was working on a halo game.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
It would be cool
dac_lrau2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dac_lrau2121
Member since 2004 • 71 Posts
Peter jackson was reportedly workin on the halo movie, but that doesnt have very sturdy legs, and I'm pretty sure I read that Bungie would be working on a game similar to marathon, if not a prequel or sequel to the game.
Wunderkid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wunderkid7
I know he was working on a movie but I could have sworn I heard something about another game too. Ohh well guess we will see, or not I guess.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

nope, once bungie and microsoft split that was it for halo (as a FPS)

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts
I'd prefer that Bungie branch out and try new things imo.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
the special legendary ending has oppened up possibilties for a forth, and if they do, it will probubaly the flagship for the next box, making people but the new sysem JUST for that game.
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheAcejoel99
a prequel would be cool, or maybe a game inbetween some of the other halo games. Or a game that shows you how master chief became such a kick @$$ marine guy, Or maybe how he met cortana and sarge.
Wunderkid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wunderkid7

I'd prefer that Bungie branch out and try new things imo.Cwagmire21

I agree.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

a prequel would be cool, or maybe a game inbetween some of the other halo games. Or a game that shows you how master chief became such a kick @$$ marine guy, Or maybe how he met cortana and sarge.TheAcejoel99

yeh, it might be cool to fight along side other spartans and not your normal dumb human marine

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#15 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

I'd prefer that Bungie branch out and try new things imo.Cwagmire21

^ a very good point. but another insta;;ment with a new main character would be something new. and yes, they SHOULD start working on new titles.

hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#16 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
hopefully, halo has got a pretty solid story and serious multiplayer, but i doubt we'll be seeing for 3 to 4 yrs.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

stupid question one of the bigest games on 360 that microsft owns completly all rights to. would any company be so stupid not to make a high class with so many fans???????

halo wars is a disgrase how ever u spell it to the name of halo

and who knows what bungie game is but ya most likly its a new halo when will u see it well

if there to be a new system out there in 2011-2012 microsoft be smart enough to hold it off till then increase a crazy amout release of systems in opne day and hopefully microsoft is smart enough to spend money to get a working system vs hireing there own techs to make it trying save money vs loseing 8billion in repairs. no matter what i wont even think about buying new system untill 6 months of release or so to get flaws out

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheAcejoel99
I think with bungies obviously amazingly huge amounts of money rolling in, they could maybe even split into two, one team that just keeps on bringing the halo action with halo 4, and the other team can work on new and fresh franchises, because as much as i want something that is as good as halo and not halo by bungie, I just love halo so much, that I can't help but hope they are working on the next one, I honestly couldn't imagine a world without halo, no matter how cheesy that sounds, halo has started what no other game has started, there are milions of people that just can't let the game go, and I'm one of them, i hope the series lives, and i hope to God that they are working on it right now, and have been since halo 3 was finished, because I can't wait more than a year to see the first images or video.....i just can't.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k2theswiss

Wasn't it confirmed that there was another halo game in production? Besides Halo Wars I mean. I thought that Peter Jackson or someone was working on a halo game.Wunderkid7

no halo 4 has been confirmed thqat was a complet rumor and i heard of that name becuase and they said he was helping with halo wars with that company so they can get it right with the story and that

dark-DROID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dark-DROID
Member since 2008 • 139 Posts
anyone who actually pays attention to news would know that Halo was designed to be a trilogy and will remain a trilogy. halo wars is NOT made by Bungie, i have heard Bungie is working on a new Marathon game. But it is all speculation. It would not make sense if a Halo 4 was made, who would they fight? Brutes and Flood are dead, the Covenant are allies, there is no story to go on with. HALO IS DEAD
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 k2theswiss

chaoscougar1

ya well they back togather and microsoft was the ones hwo put a stop to there release at e3

no matter what if bungie anit working on it iam sure microsoft will find a good company will do it and not put noob asstle riffles in it. if they find a company make bad halo could mean the end of the seriesand profit

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 k2theswiss

anyone who actually pays attention to news would know that Halo was designed to be a trilogy and will remain a trilogy. halo wars is NOT made by Bungie, i have heard Bungie is working on a new Marathon game. But it is all speculation. It would not make sense if a Halo 4 was made, who would they fight? Brutes and Flood are dead, the Covenant are allies, there is no story to go on with. HALO IS DEADdark-DROID

if u payed any attion to the ending of 3 the broken ship was headed to a new unseen planet whitchs comes to a new story so ya we see soemthing they would fight

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheAcejoel99

anyone who actually pays attention to news would know that Halo was designed to be a trilogy and will remain a trilogy. halo wars is NOT made by Bungie, i have heard Bungie is working on a new Marathon game. But it is all speculation. It would not make sense if a Halo 4 was made, who would they fight? Brutes and Flood are dead, the Covenant are allies, there is no story to go on with. HALO IS DEADdark-DROID

Actualy there is plenty of stry options, *SPOILERS* at the end of halo 3 they show master chief go into one of those body freezing machines and said that he wouldn't be found for a decade (ten years for those who are stupid) And who knows what could happen after 10 years, maybe the flood survived, maybe the covenant turn on the humans, maybe a new enemy could surface that isn't the flood or convenant. You have no imagination. There are ALOT of option.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

If its anything near as terrible as Halo 3 then hell no please!

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

There will probably be something but what will it be? Knowbody knows.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Matt-4542

[QUOTE="dark-DROID"]anyone who actually pays attention to news would know that Halo was designed to be a trilogy and will remain a trilogy. halo wars is NOT made by Bungie, i have heard Bungie is working on a new Marathon game. But it is all speculation. It would not make sense if a Halo 4 was made, who would they fight? Brutes and Flood are dead, the Covenant are allies, there is no story to go on with. HALO IS DEADTheAcejoel99

Actualy there is plenty of stry options, *SPOILERS* at the end of halo 3 they show master chief go into one of those body freezing machines and said that he wouldn't be found for a decade (ten years for those who are stupid) And who knows what could happen after 10 years, maybe the flood survived, maybe the covenant turn on the humans, maybe a new enemy could surface that isn't the flood or convenant. You have no imagination. There are ALOT of option.

Cut off the head of the snake (Gravemind) and the body dies (Flood Parasites)... Covenant disbanded because of a disagreement between Elites and the Brutes, so there's really no more "Covenant" anymore...

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheAcejoel99

Matt-4542

what was sooo bad? It is just a better halo 2.

Dogboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Dogboywonder
Member since 2008 • 1339 Posts
I doubt they will make a halo 4. Maybe in a few years but no 1 can say.
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheAcejoel99
[QUOTE="TheAcejoel99"]

[QUOTE="dark-DROID"]anyone who actually pays attention to news would know that Halo was designed to be a trilogy and will remain a trilogy. halo wars is NOT made by Bungie, i have heard Bungie is working on a new Marathon game. But it is all speculation. It would not make sense if a Halo 4 was made, who would they fight? Brutes and Flood are dead, the Covenant are allies, there is no story to go on with. HALO IS DEADMatt-4542

Cut off the head of the snake (Gravemind) and the body dies (Flood Parasites)... Covenant disbanded because of a disagreement between Elites and the Brutes, so there's really no more "Covenant" anymore...

New enemy is still on the table, and nobody can de-bunk that option, not even myself. And why halo hater?

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Matt-4542
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]

TheAcejoel99

No, its a worse Halo 2.

Horrible story. Bad multiplayer. Horrible ranking system. Stupid achievements. Equipment is useless. lackluster graphics.

Pathetic.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Matt-4542
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="TheAcejoel99"]

[QUOTE="dark-DROID"]anyone who actually pays attention to news would know that Halo was designed to be a trilogy and will remain a trilogy. halo wars is NOT made by Bungie, i have heard Bungie is working on a new Marathon game. But it is all speculation. It would not make sense if a Halo 4 was made, who would they fight? Brutes and Flood are dead, the Covenant are allies, there is no story to go on with. HALO IS DEADTheAcejoel99

New enemy is still on the table, and nobody can de-bunk that option, not even myself. And why halo hater?

I realize a new enemy is still possible, but I dont see it happening unless theres a massive Sentinel up-rising since we destroyed the Ark.

And Im not a Halo hater. I love Halo and Halo 2, but Halo 3 is just stupid and pathetic.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheAcejoel99
[QUOTE="TheAcejoel99"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="TheAcejoel99"]

[QUOTE="dark-DROID"]anyone who actually pays attention to news would know that Halo was designed to be a trilogy and will remain a trilogy. halo wars is NOT made by Bungie, i have heard Bungie is working on a new Marathon game. But it is all speculation. It would not make sense if a Halo 4 was made, who would they fight? Brutes and Flood are dead, the Covenant are allies, there is no story to go on with. HALO IS DEADMatt-4542

I realize a new enemy is still possible, but I dont see it happening unless theres a massive Sentinel up-rising since we destroyed the Ark.

And Im not a Halo hater. I love Halo and Halo 2, but Halo 3 is just stupid and pathetic.

[QUOTE="TheAcejoel99"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"]

Matt-4542

No, its a worse Halo 2.

Horrible story. Bad multiplayer. Horrible ranking system. Stupid achievements. Equipment is useless. lackluster graphics.

Pathetic.

Story was bad on all of the halo games. Multiplayer is just as good as halo 2, and I don't see how it isn't (please explain) ranking system isn't bad, it's just as good as halo 2's ranking system. Achievments mean nothing, and you don't have to get them. Equipment can be used in useful and tactical ways offline as well as online. And can be turned off. Graphics don't make a game. And i thought they were great. ( my opinion) I accept your opinion, i at least wasn't you to accept mine.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Matt-4542

I thought the story was good in Halo, it had the right amount of action and mystery for the game. What is Halo? What are these parasites? Why do they think Im a demon? What is 343 Guilty Spark? All those questions. Then by the time the games over everything is answered and no substance to Halo 2 or Halo 3 which made it fail in comparison.

I never said that I liked Halo 2's multiplayer either. That being said, I never played it because I have only had Xbox Live for a year and a half.

Halo 3's ranking system is horrible. I do the best in the game, and my team looses yet I still get demoted? When I can do amazing in a game and win, and I still dont get promoted? Thats pretty damn pathetic.

Achievements dont mean anything, correct, but they add replay value to the game and when a game has horrible achievements then whats the point in keeping the game? Theres no point if you dont like it either. Im not saying Im an achievement whore, Im most definately not but a game should have fun achievements, no matter what time of player is playing.

Equipment really isnt usefull. "Oh, lets get the grav lift so we can get the Spartan Laser!", when it will respawn again and all you have to do is either wait, or kill the person who gets it first. The only peice of equipment thats remotely useful is the Bubble Shield, and even then its not too great. Nothing like playing a Shotty Sniper match and seeing a guy in a bubble shield and it loooks like hes in there but the muzzle of the gun is sticking out and he shoots and kills you.

I realize graphics dont make a game. The only good thing about the graphics was the water, that was amazing. But c'mon, the foliage in Sierra 117 was horrible, and the faces throught the game look like theyre all layered with fat. HORRIBLE.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheAcejoel99

I thought the story was good in Halo, it had the right amount of action and mystery for the game. What is Halo? What are these parasites? Why do they think Im a demon? What is 343 Guilty Spark? All those questions. Then by the time the games over everything is answered and no substance to Halo 2 or Halo 3 which made it fail in comparison.

I never said that I liked Halo 2's multiplayer either. That being said, I never played it because I have only had Xbox Live for a year and a half.

Halo 3's ranking system is horrible. I do the best in the game, and my team looses yet I still get demoted? When I can do amazing in a game and win, and I still dont get promoted? Thats pretty damn pathetic.

Achievements dont mean anything, correct, but they add replay value to the game and when a game has horrible achievements then whats the point in keeping the game? Theres no point if you dont like it either. Im not saying Im an achievement whore, Im most definately not but a game should have fun achievements, no matter what time of player is playing.

Equipment really isnt usefull. "Oh, lets get the grav lift so we can get the Spartan Laser!", when it will respawn again and all you have to do is either wait, or kill the person who gets it first. The only peice of equipment thats remotely useful is the Bubble Shield, and even then its not too great. Nothing like playing a Shotty Sniper match and seeing a guy in a bubble shield and it loooks like hes in there but the muzzle of the gun is sticking out and he shoots and kills you.

I realize graphics dont make a game. The only good thing about the graphics was the water, that was amazing. But c'mon, the foliage in Sierra 117 was horrible, and the faces throught the game look like theyre all layered with fat. HORRIBLE.

Matt-4542

i accept your opinions, now please let this one rest.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Matt-4542
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]

TheAcejoel99

i accept your opinions, now please let this one rest.

Dont have anything to counter-act my reasons? :lol: Just kidding bro. I wasnt going to say anything untill you listed what you thought xD
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"]

TheAcejoel99

woooo hold your hourses betetr then halo 2??????????? games today still dont stand a chance against halo 2 mutiplayer

halo 2 bxr best thing u do when u upclose with a mid rnage wep wtf halo 3 gtoh

glitchs (super jump) man best thing ever and coolest and fun to do just for the hell of it vs halo 3 non whats so ever gtoh no fun whats to ever

geting out maps coolest thing to do all day exsporing no freaken geting out map even in forge mode come one on they could let us with that one becuase there no way u be able do it in game. sure u can get out on foundery but only on side of the wall

i think about every one be much happyier with an smg then a noob asstle riffle that feels so b.s you tap r and melee someone and they die and sometimes it dont work. smgs sould cooler anyways vs asstle riffle wtf should like a peaice of a toy

ooo halo 2 every map was great omost vs halo 3 maps about half sucks

oo come on elits on swat soo b.s

oo i can go on an on. only reason ppl play halo 3 vs halo 2 is because its just newer

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 k2theswiss

No, its a worse Halo 2.

Pathetic.

u just named some stupid stuff there

not bad rating system it stops tons of ppl boosting there frineds up so easy not bad mp just not has good has halo 2 who cares about gamescore anyways u buy games to have fun not to get stupid peoples to shwo off to your friends lack in graphics? well its great for the type of game halo is a cartoony feeling with a little real into it couldnt u tell what type of grahpics in each game???not that hard they have never try to go like a complet real graphics so ya

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#38 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

chaoscougar1

It's not over yet. To be honest, Bungie didnt do a good enough job. Halo 3 was a huge letdown, for a game that was suppose to put an end to the trilogy. Major, major letdown. It was far from epic.

texasfight54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#39 texasfight54
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts
Wont be called Halo 4 I don't think. I voted yes..
BadFeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BadFeel
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I hope that:D

HummaKavula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#41 HummaKavula
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts
Of course it will happen. If a company has a chance to milk, it will. Generic shooters sell, especially Halo.
Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
Didn't bungie say they were making a tactical shooter on the lines of gears of war in the halo universe but not with the MC? Swear I read that some place.
KCKING23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KCKING23
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts
might just come up with something to fight remember master chief was used for other wars not dealing with the flood or covenant or brutes

[QUOTE="Wunderkid7"]Wasn't it confirmed that tmight here was another halo game in production? Besidems Halo Wars I mean. I thought that Peter Jackson or someone was working on a halo game.k2theswiss

no halo 4 has been confirmed thqat was a complet rumor and i heard of that name becuase and they said he was helping with halo wars with that company so they can get it right with the story and that

[QUOTE="Wunderkid7"]Wasn't it confirmed that there was another halo game in production? Besides Halo Wars I mean. I thought that Peter Jackson or someone was working on a halo game.k2theswiss

Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
halo was a trilogy only 3 of them but there was a cliffhanger at the end of halo 3. there is going to b a new trilogy about master sheif on that planet it wont be called halo 4 but something else just wait a year nd a half or something
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

if u listen carufully cortana says she is sending out a becon for rescue and master cheif goes into that body freezer. he tells her to wake him up wen she needs him.and then it shows them landing on a new plantet wich in the new trilogy you will problably explore as master cheif trying to get rescued and let the humans know that your alive,and yes it is possible the flood survived or the covent turned on us but then again the new triolgy is all about master cheif and escaping
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
Hope Not, Bungie should try something else.
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
IMO they should just re-do halo 3 because man did they **** up
TechtRonin07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 TechtRonin07
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

I know he was working on a movie but I could have sworn I heard something about another game too. Ohh well guess we will see, or not I guess. Wunderkid7

Yeah I remeber seeing an interview with peter jackson in an issue of G.I. I can't remember the exact issue though. He went on to explain some project he was working on (besides the movie) that would change gaming, he said it wasn't quite a game or a movie. What that means I don't know. Isn't that what mgs4 was? a blend of agame and cinema?