Will Lost Odyssey become better than Final Fantasy ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

I think it will because i saw a poll in japanese magazine which asked which would be your most anticipated RPG sequel on any next-gen console and FF13 got 48 %, and Lost Odyssey sequel got 50 % and 2 % other...So...what do you guys think will lost odyssey become better than its teacher ? :D

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Don't know about that. I can't wait for a sequel though. The first game was incredible.
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
I don't think it will, but I think it is more anticipated because it is something fresh and new...
kirk3652

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kirk3652
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts

I like them both but I don't believe it will.

IVIadHatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IVIadHatter
Member since 2008 • 242 Posts
I'm playing it now, it is really good, but I don't think it will beat out Final Fantasy anytime soon.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#6 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Will there even be a Lost Odyssey 2? Honestly it seems that Mistwalker has pulled support from Microsoft. But I doubt the poll in Japan is an accurate representation of what people think in Japan. I mean if I recall the game hasnt even past like 100k in Japan. All that aside I think the original Lost Odyssey was so traditional that it could never hope to be held in the same regard as the Final Fantasy series.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

LO is already better than FFXI and FFXII, so in a sense, it is better than the present day FF games.

Aurey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aurey
Member since 2004 • 520 Posts

I'm sure FFXIII will get higher scores form reviewers, but I stopped caring about Final Fantasy since FFX. When I played Lost Odyssey was like coming home: Interesting characters and story, a great soundtrack and a very familiar gameplay... for me Lost Odyssey is a lot better than present day FF's and as good ans the old Final Fantasy games.

I hope Mistwalker decides to make a new game soon.

fatooosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 866

#9 fatooosh
Member since 2009 • 979 Posts

1 ff 7

2 ff 12

3 lo

4ff 9

5 ff 8

i hate ff10 i dont why you love this game

LordZeragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LordZeragon
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts
srry to u ppl, but they both suck...i hate the combat system in both of the games
94thmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 94thmp
Member since 2005 • 488 Posts

Honestly as cool as it would be to see ff13 and a lost odyssey 2, I am willing to bet if someone put a Chrono sequel on that list it would destroy the other 2.

mde42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 mde42
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts

Honestly as cool as it would be to see ff13 and a lost odyssey 2, I am willing to bet if someone put a Chrono sequel on that list it would destroy the other 2.

94thmp

yes! I'd kill for another game in the Chrono series!

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 KorruptRaiden
Member since 2008 • 878 Posts
srry to u ppl, but they both suck...i hate the combat system in both of the gamesLordZeragon
Go play noobs of war then (gears of war) i dont really consider an opinion like that. FF7 and zelda:and the ocarina of time are quite possibly the best games available, lost odyssey is good, ff7,9,10 are all better and 13 looks like its gonna be a ripper. Will lost odyssey be a continuation series or a series of unrelated stories like final fantasy? thats the question to ask before comparing the 2.
belrock86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 belrock86
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

i haven't played Lost Odyssey yet but plan to after I finsh Halo Wars and to answer your question I would say no Final Fantasy is a legendary franchise that will never go away and Lost Odyssey is a new IP that is still trying to become established as a potential franchise.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
It won't come anywhere close to what Final Fantasy is. It's a great RPG, that's it.
LordZeragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LordZeragon
[QUOTE="LordZeragon"]srry to u ppl, but they both suck...i hate the combat system in both of the gamesKorruptRaiden
Go play noobs of war then (gears of war) i dont really consider an opinion like that. FF7 and zelda:and the ocarina of time are quite possibly the best games available, lost odyssey is good, ff7,9,10 are all better and 13 looks like its gonna be a ripper. Will lost odyssey be a continuation series or a series of unrelated stories like final fantasy? thats the question to ask before comparing the 2.

how is it not an opinion? just because its not urs? i dont play either because, in my opinion, the combat system sucks. tell me how that isnt an opinion
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Doomtime
[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="LordZeragon"]srry to u ppl, but they both suck...i hate the combat system in both of the gamesLordZeragon

how is it not an opinion? just because its not urs? i dont play either because, in my opinion, the combat system sucks. tell me how that isnt an opinion

He didn't say it wasn't an opinion. He said he doesn't consider it. And I agree with him. Your opinion brought nothing to the table except horrible spelling.
LordZeragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordZeragon
[QUOTE="Doomtime"][QUOTE="LordZeragon"][QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"] Go play noobs of war then (gears of war) i dont really consider an opinion like that. FF7 and zelda:and the ocarina of time are quite possibly the best games available, lost odyssey is good, ff7,9,10 are all better and 13 looks like its gonna be a ripper. Will lost odyssey be a continuation series or a series of unrelated stories like final fantasy? thats the question to ask before comparing the 2.

He didn't say it wasn't an opinion. He said he doesn't consider it. And I agree with him. Your opinion brought nothing to the table except horrible spelling.

i get hated for my opinion all the time so whatever
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Doomtime
[QUOTE="LordZeragon"][QUOTE="Doomtime"][QUOTE="LordZeragon"] how is it not an opinion? just because its not urs? i dont play either because, in my opinion, the combat system sucks. tell me how that isnt an opinion

i get hated for my opinion all the time so whatever

Spelling and grammar go a long way. You can say that a game has a terrible combat system in a respectable way.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DranzarTypeF

srry to u ppl, but they both suck...i hate the combat system in both of the gamesLordZeragon

I can tell your just trolling my thread because almost all JRPG's have the same fighting system there really isn't any difference, Blue Dragon, Final Fantasy, Lost Odyssey etc. are all turn based RPG's...so what do you mean the combat in both games suck ?

toenip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 toenip
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts
i was really looking forward to LO but i have not had the timeto play the game in depth yet, i mean FF series is just a amazing, and i have heard ppl saying that LO was FF13 but just with a different name.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DranzarTypeF

i was really looking forward to LO but i have not had the timeto play the game in depth yet, i mean FF series is just a amazing, and i have heard ppl saying that LO was FF13 but just with a different name.toenip

if you have'nt had the chance to play LO..............THEN BUY IT NOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW :D

toenip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 toenip
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

[QUOTE="toenip"]i was really looking forward to LO but i have not had the timeto play the game in depth yet, i mean FF series is just a amazing, and i have heard ppl saying that LO was FF13 but just with a different name.DranzarTypeF

if you have'nt had the chance to play LO..............THEN BUY IT NOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW :D

I have it just have alot of other games that take up my time now, i have just been captured on the first disc and trying to escape if remember rightly) but i well go through it be the sequal comes out.
karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Aren't Mistwalker dangerously close to closing? They cancelled CryOn too, but let's keep our fingers crossed for LO2!
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Why does everyone in this thread have a DBZ avatar?

Anyway I don't think it will become bigger than FF simply because FF is such a big series and will probabaly keep going. While LO is probabaly the best game I have ever owned on my xbox and one of the best Rpgs I have ever played, I still don't think it will over take final fantasy. The thing Final fantasy does is create a entirely new game with each release, so you always have something new and makes it possible for the series to keep going and going and going and going and going (although not every Final fantasy is better than the last). I will be getting LO2 though, that game definitly needs a direct sequal because I really want to know what happens lol.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
,,,I think Lost Odyssey was a one time game, where as FF is a bloody long running series so no I don't think it will ever be better then a series of game thats been going for over a decade, however Lost Odyssey was a good game, easily as good or better then some of the FF titles.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Doomtime
A sequel has already been rumored to be in the works.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Hope the rumors true but even if it is there is no evidence that the sequel will live up to its prequel so just have to wait and see, still I very much doubt the Lost Odyssey series will become as big as FF series. FF series has too many fanboys to truly be beaten by another game.