Why Xbox Live Gaming Should be Free for all

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3ofClubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 3ofClubs
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10018941-17.html?hhTest=1

Considering Microsoft keeps losing ground to both Sony and Nintendo, why not find a new way to offer a more compelling alternative out of the company's most popular service? Sure, it sounds radical and losing $50 per year from the millions of Xbox Live subscribers may be a major sticking point here, but it needs to be done.

eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts
XBL is so much better than PSN, im willing to pay $4 a month for great online gaming
bitemeslippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 bitemeslippy
Member since 2005 • 1626 Posts

XBL is so much better than PSN, im willing to pay $4 a month for great online gamingeagles_band

I couldnt agree more. People need to stop whining about small amounts of money for something above and beyond its competition. Its like someone coming up to me and telling me I can have a Mountain Dew for $1 or a Mello Yello for free...I will be spending that dollar.

jlm13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jlm13
Member since 2002 • 762 Posts
XBL is so much better than PSN, im willing to pay $4 a month for great online gamingeagles_band
Amen
Ibaapzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ibaapzo
Member since 2003 • 253 Posts
I disagree that it's a wise move for them. Most people who know anything about the PSN would much rather pay the $50 per year, $20 per three months and $7 per month than have a free network on the PS3. As for the Wii: What online community do they have? Everything is so censored, there is nothing there but downloads and filtered or restricted online play.
Ibaapzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ibaapzo
Member since 2003 • 253 Posts

[QUOTE="eagles_band"]XBL is so much better than PSN, im willing to pay $4 a month for great online gamingbitemeslippy

I couldnt agree more. People need to stop whining about small amounts of money for something above and beyond its competition. Its like someone coming up to me and telling me I can have a Mountain Dew for $1 or a Mello Yello for free...I will be spending that dollar.

Amen, guys. Thanks. :)
Avatar image for xXl_IMoRTaL_lXx
xXl_IMoRTaL_lXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 xXl_IMoRTaL_lXx
Member since 2008 • 7271 Posts
again. Xbox>thenPS3
nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
please not another xbl complaint thread.
Kioto912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kioto912
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Ok, now as tempting as that might be for the cheap gamers, I see huge flaws with it. First of all, Microsoft would lose huge amounts of money worldwide, and therefore have to raise prices on other products to keep business up. I don't feel like paying $400-500 for something that would normally cost $200. Second, if Microsoft did make it a free service, the quality would drop in a flash, and 9 times out of 10, they would need to spend more money expanding the service a bit for the flood of customers joining XBL because it's free. Third, I'm like a business type of guy, I used to sell soda in middle school last year for $1 each. I made some good money. Then, I upped my business to selling Monster energy drinks. Killer profit. Now, you figure, Microsoft's been doing that for years. Computer software, hardware, games, gaming hardware, systems, now they have a technological empire that expands far beyond what it did 10 years ago. My business crashed at the end of the year because my customers talked me into free products because they forgot their money, or they'd pay me back later. Well, if Microsoft starts giving stuff away for free, what do you think will happen to the company?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10018941-17.html?hhTest=1

Considering Microsoft keeps losing ground to both Sony and Nintendo, why not find a new way to offer a more compelling alternative out of the company's most popular service? Sure, it sounds radical and losing $50 per year from the millions of Xbox Live subscribers may be a major sticking point here, but it needs to be done.

3ofClubs
Death_Masta187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Death_Masta187
Member since 2002 • 2940 Posts

I don't pay to play games on the internet on my PC... I don't pay for "extra content" on my PC... I also pay $10 less a game on my PC... don't get me wrong I like my 360 its just MS is just being greedy when it comes to XBL. but I guess all of that is optional... no one is forcing you to pay for XBL or the "extra content"