Why we do we give EA our money?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrispyTigers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CrispyTigers
Member since 2014 • 31 Posts

With TitanFall on the way, and all the hype being given to the game, I can't help but feel a little salty about it. EA has been continuously abusive and the news on them these days only seem to be getting worse (look up Code Wars). With all of this information about EA's business practices, should continue to hype and support games being published by EA. I mean, I don't know. I genuinely have my ears open to what the community thinks on this one. Give me your guy's comments, I would love to hear it.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

I buy games that I like... No matter what publisher it is... Sure EA have a bad rep (for good reason) but I have really enjoyed the titanfall beta and cant wait for the final game.

CrispyTigers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CrispyTigers

@adders99: I buy games I like too, but at a certain point where do we cross the line into saying, enough is enough. EA keeps making shit decision after shit decision, shittier decisions AFTER John Riccitiello had already left. I mean, this is a horrible, horrible, company, It abuses it's developers, abuses it's fans, and makes the game industry a worse place. So WTF are we doing!??!

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

It only abuses customers etc because people allow them too... I try not to buy games that rely on you paying for the full game and then purchasing even more.... prime example is BF4 you pay the full price ($99 Aus) and then they pretty much expect you to buy the premium ($70 Aus). Yes I love Battlefield so I bought the game... but I refuse to buy the premium. if all customers didnt purchase the premium in this case, then they would need to rethink how they do their business.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

In regards to titanfall that game is published by EA yes but thats it. They are not using EA's garbage servers or anything like that they using are azure servers via the cloud and to be honest the beta that i have played was a more polished product than BF4 is at this point... which is sad. I completely understand what your saying i dont like EA but their are other ways to punch them in the crotch and still be able to play games its simple... Purchase them used. It will limit the sales make you feel better that you didnt pay full price and wont tack another # on their sales. in about 6 months BF4 might be playable so its a win win. I like games so i wont make a promise that i would axe any certain dev but us as consumers we decide these things and much like what was stated above they can stick their DLC up their ass i wont buy it.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

not running on EA servers= i got confidence in the game

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#7 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

The real morons are the ones who give EA more money than Madden 25 costs to buy bundles of ultimate team card packs. Spending $62.49 for a 'discount' on cards for a mode that should be totally free isn't any 'savings'.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

EA makes some of the best games around if you ask me. Most of the games I buy are made by EA (Madden, FIFA, Tiger Woods, etc.). I also really enjoy Sim City and never had an issue with it. I've pumped money into Ultimate Team modes as well, it's worth it. If you don't think it is then that's not for you, but for a lot of people there's a lot of fun to be had there.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#9 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Probably because they publish good games

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

I never "give" my money away to any company, even, my favorite ones.

I heavily research games before I buy them and, rarely, buy games new besides.

I took a quick look at my 360 collection and saw I had 2 ea games: the very cheap brutal legend and masseffect 2 which I bought for a bargain.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Double-edged sword; Either play awesome games and support their shit business practices, or miss out on good games on a matter of principle.

CrispyTigers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrispyTigers

@vl4d_l3nin: I've doning it right now with Activision and I can do it again with EA. If Steam and Nintendo have to be my gaming life until shit changes then so be it.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#13  Edited By jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@darthgumballs said:

EA makes some of the best games around if you ask me. Most of the games I buy are made by EA (Madden, FIFA, Tiger Woods, etc.). I also really enjoy Sim City and never had an issue with it. I've pumped money into Ultimate Team modes as well, it's worth it. If you don't think it is then that's not for you, but for a lot of people there's a lot of fun to be had there.

Of course there's a lot of fun to had there, because it is fun. But when you already spent $60, you shouldn't need to spend more money. It's a free-to-play mode that you actually do pay to acquire via the main game, and then still can do microtransactions. They should make UT their own standalone free-to-play games that you don't have to spend to buy the main games.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Because I bought and played fifa every year since 2003 and EA sports never made me regret it. Now that I think of it, that's a lot of money but I played the hell out of them.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Why do we give EA our money? well cause they pump out games like this! that are just plain awesome

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I give them money when i like a game. I dont worry about the other shit.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

They might do shady practices but they should be rewarded when they do something right, and I hope Titanfall is that.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No regrets buying any EA games.

tmorri603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tmorri603
Member since 2003 • 407 Posts

I don't really care for EA as a company, but when they make a great game I want it. They do make games that I like. When they make games like Live. They can keep that crap to themselves.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts
@crispytigers said:

With TitanFall on the way, and all the hype being given to the game, I can't help but feel a little salty about it. EA has been continuously abusive and the news on them these days only seem to be getting worse (look up Code Wars). With all of this information about EA's business practices, should continue to hype and support games being published by EA. I mean, I don't know. I genuinely have my ears open to what the community thinks on this one. Give me your guy's comments, I would love to hear it.

because they make good games that people like.....

yeah i said it. dont give 2 shits what anyone thinks either. i happen to like EA games. i think they have a diverse catalogue and the production values for their games are typically very high. series like Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, Battlefield, and many others produces by EA are why i keep gaming.

JO-B-ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JO-B-ONE
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm sure that the people who actually create and design the games for EA have little to nothing to do with the business side of things. They get paid to make a game, How EA decides to advertise it and screw people with fees and prices is completely up to them. I personally don't care for EA as a brand, but that doesn't make the games not worth buying. I just wish there was a way to get threw to the CEO's and big wigs that make the final call on things.

Avatar image for Zombiekiller360
Zombiekiller360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zombiekiller360
Member since 2006 • 389 Posts

I play the games I want whether that be Fifa, madden, BF, NHL, I don't look into the company that produces it too much.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23  Edited By ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

The same could be said about Walmart. Why do people still go there even though they hate Walmart and do nothing but complain while they are there. I only shop at Walmart because I work there and I get a discount, but other wise I wouldn't just like before I worked there.

So why do I give EA my money, because they have games that I like. As others have said I also don't care who or what company produce or develop certain games, as I will buy games that I like or want to play.

Dswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dswiss
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts

Because Deadspace, BF4 and Mirrors Edge and Fifa(i dont play fifa but i know its popular) Mostly the games made by EA Dice...... Other wise **** E.A Madden Sucks bring back 2k! They ruined my chidhood game Command and Conquer and they suck at pretty much everything else.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Only EA game I regret buying at first is BF4, but im over it.