This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frozen_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Frozen_Dragon
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

why do I only have lag in Gears of War 2 and not in GTA4 or COD4? Could it be that I have a bad connection to the Gears 2 servers? Anyone know?

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
GeoW 2 doesnt have dedicated servers. Apparently the lag in the game is caused by bad network coding or whatever its called.
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
GeoW 2 doesnt have dedicated servers. Apparently the lag in the game is caused by bad network coding or whatever its called. ForsakenWicked
that could be the same problem with GTA 4 and in CoD 4
Proto-K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Proto-K
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts
uhhh if your lagging in COD4 or CODWAW then its you. Gears on the other hand is all host
smack_masta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 smack_masta
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts
GeoW 2 doesnt have dedicated servers. Apparently the lag in the game is caused by bad network coding or whatever its called. ForsakenWicked

No game on XBL has dedicated servers, save a few. It is just the network coding, don't worry, everyone gets it once in a while.
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
almost all xbox live games dont have dedicated servers (battlefield bad company and battlefield modern combat 2 are the only ones that do have them as far as i know). the problem with gears is that epic fails at netcode. gears and ut3 are the only games on 360 that ive ever had horrible lag with. other games (halo, cod 4, r6v to name a few) rarely ever lag bad, and it only ever really happens when people from halfway around the world are playing together.
Avatar image for xXxShadowsFlame
xXxShadowsFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xXxShadowsFlame
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Ya. dont u think microsoft or w.e should use the money they are making off of XBL to pay for better servers or improve the ones they have? make sense wouldnt it? they are making millions off of it too. i kno it goes towards other things, but dont u think they could use some of it to improve them? Thats my oppinion
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
Ya. dont u think microsoft or w.e should use the money they are making off of XBL to pay for better servers or improve the ones they have? make sense wouldnt it? they are making millions off of it too. i kno it goes towards other things, but dont u think they could use some of it to improve them? Thats my oppinionxXxShadowsFlame
I agree with you. They should set dedicated servers for the most anticipated games that feature online modes.
Orgymang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Orgymang
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts
Ya. dont u think microsoft or w.e should use the money they are making off of XBL to pay for better servers or improve the ones they have? make sense wouldnt it? they are making millions off of it too. i kno it goes towards other things, but dont u think they could use some of it to improve them? Thats my oppinionxXxShadowsFlame
Microsoft has nothing to do with the servers that you play Gears of War 2, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, etc. Each game picks a random person in that lobby and makes them the host.
RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RobNBankz
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts

It's because Epic doesn't know how to make a game.

I just recently bought Shadowrun (great game and underrated, most likely due to poor graphics but in terms of multiplayer, one of the best I have played on 360) and I have yet to encounter lag. Not many people from the U.S. still play public matches so I get matched up with people from all around the world. I've been in rooms with people from England, Norway and Australia at the same time with no lag. If it was any other game, it would've been extremely laggy.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
[QUOTE="xXxShadowsFlame"]Ya. dont u think microsoft or w.e should use the money they are making off of XBL to pay for better servers or improve the ones they have? make sense wouldnt it? they are making millions off of it too. i kno it goes towards other things, but dont u think they could use some of it to improve them? Thats my oppinionForsakenWicked
I agree with you. They should set dedicated servers for the most anticipated games that feature online modes.

i really dont think that would work. m$ would literally need to buy and maintain millions of servers. and also that takes away the possibility of private matches.
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
left 4 ded and ut3 use dedicated servers
bunnyman14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bunnyman14
Member since 2005 • 605 Posts
...think of Gears of War as giant boobs, and the internet is a training bra.