Why most video gamers shouldn't/can't have girl friends?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deathballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Deathballz
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
Most video gamers are way too distracted to be dealing with girls right now! below just write why you think that is...I know why!:lol:
badmonkey35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 badmonkey35
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
It's hard for me to have a girlfriend because I have a wife :) She's a gamer also and we own all systems.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

It's hard for me to have a girlfriend because I have a wife :) She's a gamer also and we own all systems.badmonkey35

lol thats funny was gonna say the same thing

bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
it's hard for me to have a girlfriend because i don't cheat on my current girlfriend.
Avatar image for deactivated-58fbfc61e27fe
deactivated-58fbfc61e27fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 deactivated-58fbfc61e27fe
Member since 2005 • 653 Posts
I have been a hardcore gamer for all my life. Before I was a PC enthusiast and I am still. Now I have Wii and 360 too and quite many collections of games and I still play games most of the time (when I am not working that is) but I have dated my g/f for like 4 years and not mentioning we are engaged too. I think it is just the matter of where to draw the lines. Some gamers sometimes just don't know how to divide reality and virtual life. They put em all together and mix it up and there is no balance after. I mean how can you even meet girls or keep a girl if you just stay in your basement most of the time playing games? That's my 2 cents.
Zauster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zauster
Member since 2003 • 158 Posts
its not impossible to have one. you just gotta find the right one and slowly get them hooked on games hehe. but many people that are online allllllllll the time dont have girlfriends cuz they probably never go outside and you know who you are!!!!!!!!! just thinking about it reminds me of the south park episode HAHA!!!!!!!! :D but the key is to find a girl that has an open mind to gaming.
Avatar image for deactivated-58fbfc61e27fe
deactivated-58fbfc61e27fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 deactivated-58fbfc61e27fe
Member since 2005 • 653 Posts

its not impossible to have one. you just gotta find the right one and slowly get them hooked on games hehe. but many people that are online allllllllll the time dont have girlfriends cuz they probably never go outside and you know who you are!!!!!!!!! just thinking about it reminds me of the south park episode HAHA!!!!!!!! :D but the key is to find a girl that has an open mind to gaming.Zauster

I do the same thing with the lines of health and crap in Wii to my g/f.

-Aus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 -Aus-
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
If you replace the word gamer with nerd, I would agree. But now, I do not. I have a girlfriend. I play games on weekends mostly and whenever I'm bored. Which means like anywhere from 0 to 20 hours a week depending how busy I am that week. Just because I'm not a nerd doesn't make me any less of a gamer. I just have a busy life.
Deathballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Deathballz
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

Yea! Like you cheat on all of your video games! lol!

jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts
I have a wife and I'm a gamer. The bad thing is that her "needs" are always getting in the way of my wants. "I hungry, I can't believe you spent all of our grocery money on Themes for your dashboard!" Be quite thats what I have to say to you.
Jam_FDUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jam_FDUK
Member since 2005 • 904 Posts
I have a boyfriend, and I'm a gamer. I don't think "most" video gamers don't have partners - most of the ones I've spoken to do. If you're a super hardcore gamer, I can see why a notable percentage may not have a significant other... But that could apply to any extremely time consuming hobby. Gaming should be taken like any other leisure persuit.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
its hard to have a girlfriend because im working on films most of the day working 12 hours on movies is super duper!
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#13 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

OWN!!!!

It's hard for me to have a girlfriend because I have a wife :) She's a gamer also and we own all systems.badmonkey35

pbwillthegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pbwillthegreat
Member since 2003 • 250 Posts

I have a wife and I'm a gamer. The bad thing is that her "needs" are always getting in the way of my wants. "I hungry, I can't believe you spent all of our grocery money on Themes for your dashboard!" Be quite thats what I have to say to you.jmartin1016

I can't believe you spent all of our grocery money on Themes for your dashboard! Are you serious? LOL! You do deserve to be alone if your priorities are that out of whack.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Im hardcore, and my girlfriend doesnt play, or understand why i play, games. But we respect each other enough to understand that we wont like ALL of the same things and we each have things we like to do alone. As long as you make time for each other, and actually care and respect your partner, it works out fine.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

:lol: Same here. I've been married for awhile and my wife is a gamer as well. She's been playing a lot of Skate recently! She's also a big time PC gamer.

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

Well, most girls don't really care about games yet (I know a bunch of gamer girls but come on...) at least where I live they rarely like it :P

But the main reason is because some nerds just forget/ignore completly real life to play, just lock themselves in a dark room, with a huge sack of potato chips, and play until their fingers can't move anymore. Negleting completly people outside, and their own health :lol:

I have a girlfriend that isn't a fan of games but respects my little "addiction" as she likes to call it :lol: :P It's funny how when we get across some game related thing (website, store, magazine) and she rolls her eyes and says: "alright I know you wanna check that out, let'sgo see it"

ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
lol ya as much as I am a gamer addict, my gf will always come first. Vidoe Games are the greatest form of freakin entertainment out there.....but lets face it, find the right woman and none of that matters. Especially like some others have stated, Gamer gf's....SOOOOOOO hot
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Most video gamers are way too distracted to be dealing with girls right now! below just write why you think that is...I know why!:lol:Deathballz

Speak for yourself bro....I have no problem with multitasking!!! lol

ewmgreendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ewmgreendawg
Member since 2004 • 530 Posts

guitar hero is preventing me from dating a really hot girl that despises guitar hero. i'd rather date a decent cute girl that loves guitar hero.

Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
Whilst it would be pleasent for me to have a GF who was also into gaming I'm enjoying the happy medium I'm in with my current GF
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
Well I don't have a girlfriend right now but when I did, I never had a problem making time for both. I did play less videogames when I had a girlfriend but I still found time to play. It's not like you have to spend 24 hours a day with her.
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
I'm married and go to medical school, and i still have time to play games like 2 hours a day. I really shouldn't be playing at all,but i am almost certain i am addicted, oh well.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Sucks to be you. My wife is a gamer, but not as serious as I am. She will play NBA live 08, Tiger Woods 08 and the arcade games.She loves Luminies on the PSP. I guess you can say I lucked out. My ex girlfriend is a gamer and always kicked my butt in Madden. bish..
Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chaism
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

Honestly I've had relationships where I think gaming sometimes is bad if both partners enjoy it a lot. Now I love cuddling up and playing a co op game, But I may be the only, girl ,gamer who hates to have a partner who also loves games.

It is fun at first to have someone to play with but then I find it gets to the point where I just want to sit and play my games on my own time and enjoy my hobby alone. It is a bit selfish but like any hobby alot of it is doing it to escape the world and relax by yourself makes it hard when your partner is always there.

This is probably one reason I seek out men who like games but do not play them that much, That way I do not need to worry about not having my own space when I went to enjoy my hobby alone.

Avatar image for CommanderRipjaw
CommanderRipjaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CommanderRipjaw
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts
I don't have a girlfriend yet because I'm still looking for someone who takes the same interests as me besides video games. But it's hard to find a girl like that in New York since even if they hear a boy talk about games once then they assume he's a nerd.
EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
I solved all my gaming/girlfriend problems by purchasing 20lbs of latex and a footpump
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#28 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
i have a fiance, getting married next year....my woman is not a gamer
andrewhateme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 andrewhateme
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

Most video gamers are way too distracted to be dealing with girls right now! below just write why you think that is...I know why!:lol:Deathballz

Personally I think thats a stupid opinion...just because you are tooo distracted to to deal with girls doesnt mean anyone else is. I personally dont have a girlfriend, and i spend my week working then playing video games. Only on the weekends do i go out and play the field. Girlfriends cost money, one night stands dont!!! Thats my motto. Ill get a girlfriend when im good and ready, but as of now i just follow the three F's Find em F*** em and Forget em!!!

super_slonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 super_slonik
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

I think I should correct you here - most HARDCORE video gamers. Its just problem with time - video gamers dont have enough time to have both. And here is the thing: video game will not leave you if dont spend time with it :)

andrewhateme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 andrewhateme
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

[QUOTE="Deathballz"]Most video gamers are way too distracted to be dealing with girls right now! below just write why you think that is...I know why!:lol:super_slonik

I think I should correct you here - most HARDCORE video gamers. Its just problem with time - video gamers dont have enough time to have both. And here is the thing: video game will not leave you if dont spend time with it :)

HAHAHA thats messed up, but its a very valid point!!!

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

[QUOTE="badmonkey35"]It's hard for me to have a girlfriend because I have a wife :) She's a gamer also and we own all systems.KurupSoldr

NO...Its funny as I was gonna say the same thing...!!..;)...No really...I want to say the same thing!!!....We all game in my house..ITS A RULE!!!!

magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts
I have a girlfriend and i play my 360 and DS quite alot. Could you explain that to me please?
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
I disagree, I'm a gamer, not a very hardcore gamer, but still a gamer, and girlfriends have never posed a problem for me...
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
I have a girlfriend and go to law school. Quite frankly, gaming is taking the second seat.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#36 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
you can love vidoegames and have a gf hahaha, what nonsense.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

Honestly I've had relationships where I think gaming sometimes is bad if both partners enjoy it a lot. Now I love cuddling up and playing a co op game, But I may be the only, girl ,gamer who hates to have a partner who also loves games.

It is fun at first to have someone to play with but then I find it gets to the point where I just want to sit and play my games on my own time and enjoy my hobby alone. It is a bit selfish but like any hobby alot of it is doing it to escape the world and relax by yourself makes it hard when your partner is always there.

This is probably one reason I seek out men who like games but do not play them that much, That way I do not need to worry about not having my own space when I went to enjoy my hobby alone.

Chaism

My advice to you is to get a sceond consol/T.V. You see him playing on one t.v., go to the other one.

akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts

I don't agree. If you are smart then you can have both. One, your girl should come before your video games. If that is the case you will never have problems and she will give you more time to actually game. Second, Get her involved. Most girls might say they aren't into gaming, but a lot of times once they pick up a controller they get hooked as well. Gamers should and can have girl friends if they do it right.

Gamers Game...Fanboys Pick Sides......

jbaird1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 jbaird1981
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts
I don't know about you fellas, but i'd rather get laid on a Friday night than play video games.  If that's the case, you guys need serious help. Video games are for the wee-hours when your gf is not around.
alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts

[QUOTE="badmonkey35"]It's hard for me to have a girlfriend because I have a wife :) She's a gamer also and we own all systems.KurupSoldr

Same here (minus owning the Wii).

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
I actually just started a new relationship. I'm thankful she loves video games although she's seriously out of touch because of school and everything. I will be correcting that this weekend by teaching her how to play Halo 3. I predict she will be just as addicted as I am. :D
jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts
Sometimes my wife is all like,"You should get a job!" and "The baby needs to eat!" or " I HateYou". And I'm all like "SSH! I can't hear Master Chief!" You know if Master Chief was hungry he wouldn't come crying to me now would he?!"
alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts

Sometimes my wife is all like,"You should get a job!" and "The baby needs to eat!" or " I HateYou". And I'm all like "SSH! I can't hear Master Chief!" You know if Master Chief was hungry he wouldn't come crying to me now would he?!"jmartin1016

:lol:

pinionxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pinionxl
Member since 2002 • 1870 Posts
If I had a girlfriend who wouldn't let me play video games, I'd be all like, AY, get your beech ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!
bexew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bexew
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts

I basically explained to my gf that im gonna be a gamer the rest of my life and that it probably wouldnt change unless i lost an arm or something of that nature. While i wouldnt consider myself hardcore by any means, I truely love games and she's not into it at all, but she respects that its one of my passions(as long as i dont dousche her over ever night to be with my xbox). So it depends on your situation I guess.

The only alternative, I guess, is to find a girl that loves games as much as you do . I think thats every guys dream...a beautiful woman to co-op with.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I have a girlfriend, and darrrrrrrn hot too.

I spend a good amount of a time with her, and still get to play games, go to work, and go to school.

Went to "The Nest" with her and her friend last night, it was pretty lame and we all laughed through pretty much the whole thing

markscpu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 markscpu
Member since 2004 • 56 Posts
Say what? What is a girl?
markscpu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 markscpu
Member since 2004 • 56 Posts

No seriously though, I'm reading all of this responses and YOU ALL seem to have g/f. Isn't that funny. I think most (not all) of you are a bunch of lying 'tards.

Lord_Tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lord_Tik
Member since 2002 • 888 Posts

I have a girlfriend, but I can't keep her.

My wife will get pissed otherwise.

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Speak for yourself. I'm a hardcore gamer and a student in games development (3D art etc.). I've lived with my gf for almost 3 years, it's not a problem in our relationship as she knows it is important to me.