Why Modern Warfare 3 will sell more copies than BF3.

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamingboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamingboss
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

I know that these will both be good games, but one will kill the other. Here are the reasons why MW3 will sell more:

1. People are more used to the Cod gameplay

2. Many people have never played Battlefield

3. Call of Duty has been more advertised

4. Call of Duty is using a updated game engine

Please comment and say what you think and why you think that.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

More people will play it because it's more popular. Simple as that.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

I know that these will both be good games, but one will kill the other. Here are the reasons why MW3 will sell more:

gamingboss

MW3 will sell more than BF3 simply cos it's CoD and that's where all the sheep flock to

And I hope you're joking with point 4... :|

Evolution-X0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Evolution-X0
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
I think we all knew that MW3 will outsell BF3 but not for those reasons.

turtlethetaffer
Bang on.
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Valid reasons, save 4.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
The CoD series has a larger installed fanbase. That's why it will continue to sell well.
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

>gamingboss
This isn't even a valid reason, maybe many twelve year old idiots haven't played Battlefield but tons of people play Battlefield.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I don't think even the hardcore BF fans think BF3 will outsell MW3. Its never really been the main topic of discussion. Quality is better than Quantity

DualSMG14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DualSMG14
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts

"Updated game engine" --- *facepalms and laughs*

EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EABGamer
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts
bigger name brand. Like it or not Call of duty games are better then BF games. Call of duty's online play is way better.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

COD has been using the same engine since COD2...

1-3 sure, doesn't make it better just means people have poor taste and casuals... **** casuals!!!

DualSMG14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DualSMG14
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts

bigger name brand. Like it or not Call of duty games are better then BF games. Call of duty's online play is way better.EABGamer
That's a complete matter of opinion as to which game is better or has better online. Modern warfare 3 will sell more because its much more popular and easy for anyone at all to pick up and play.

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

No, more people will buy bf3 than mw3, although mw3 is just the samething but still, mw3 is gonna be beast. I'm only buying MW3 for the storyline and maybe a little fun of my own.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

put it like this in my point of view this battlefiled game will be the most sold in the whole series I believe, sure it wont maybe top mw3 in sales maybe, maybe not but BF3 will sell like hot cakes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-59b71619573a1

bigger name brand. Like it or not Call of duty games are better then BF games. Call of duty's online play is way better.EABGamer

Bigger name brand means nothing. Look how much crytek got for Crysis 2 and they were the PC giants.

And because YOU like MW better for online play doesn't make it fact. people need to stop doing that on this forum. Opinions =/= facts

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#16 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

"Updated game engine" --- *facepalms and laughs*

DualSMG14
+1 :D

turtlethetaffer
Exactly. CoD has a lot more advertising.
HitmanHugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HitmanHugh
Member since 2010 • 738 Posts

CoD is easiest to pick up and play. Thereare a lot of people that don't know much of anything about video games, but they know about CoD, most of my friends only own CoD games and maybe 1 or 2 sport titles. You can show people like this the footage from BC2 or BF3 and they'll say wow that's awesome, but will they buy it? No, they'll stick to what's familiar to them.

Reach-The-Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Reach-The-Myth
Member since 2010 • 453 Posts
[QUOTE="Evolution-X0"]I think we all knew that MW3 will outsell BF3 but not for those reasons.

turtlethetaffer
Bang on.

This is true... It's funny to think that one time Battlefield was more popular then Cod... It's not really just sheep flocking, its that people aren't willing to take risks due to lack of money or other reasons, so they go with what they know best - Which for a lot of people is Cod.
EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EABGamer

[QUOTE="EABGamer"]bigger name brand. Like it or not Call of duty games are better then BF games. Call of duty's online play is way better.seanmcloughlin

Bigger name brand means nothing. Look how much crytek got for Crysis 2 and they were the PC giants.

And because YOU like MW better for online play doesn't make it fact. people need to stop doing that on this forum. Opinions =/= facts

Never even heard of crytek or crysis 2 before joining gamespot. Never said it was a fact. All that you wrote up there is opinion also anything anyone says is there opinion on here. how you gonna say things like people need to stop this and that and in the same post you do the same thing your complaining about lol funny people brand names don't mean anything (opinion).
EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EABGamer

[QUOTE="EABGamer"]bigger name brand. Like it or not Call of duty games are better then BF games. Call of duty's online play is way better.DualSMG14

That's a complete matter of opinion as to which game is better or has better online. Modern warfare 3 will sell more because its much more popular and easy for anyone at all to pick up and play.

anything anyone writes on this topic here is pure opinion. i feel call of duty is better the bf games. if you don't just post that bf is better lol.
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Agree, Although Im getting both games, BF3 will not sell more copies then MW3, you can count on that. And each game has their own strengths and weaknesses, but yea MW3 will still sell millions.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="DualSMG14"]

[QUOTE="EABGamer"]bigger name brand. Like it or not Call of duty games are better then BF games. Call of duty's online play is way better.EABGamer

anything anyone writes on this topic here is pure opinion. i feel call of duty is better the bf games. if you don't just post that bf is better lol.

No, it's not opinion. MW3 will sell more, for a fact, because they have A LOT more advertisements. Activision makes money out their butts, so of course they can afford to advertise a lot more.
NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Yes it will sell more. No doubt. But will it be better then BF3? No.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

More people play COD because it is easier and doesn't have much of a learning curve, Battlefield takes more adjustment and there is a higher learning curve. New players could get lost trying to find where to go with the maps being much more large and open as opposed to COD forcing players into certain areas more so with only so many areas of movement. Let's face it, casual players are going to like Call of Duty more, it is easier and everyone thinks they are good at it. Even with horrible scores haha

Je3vez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Je3vez
Member since 2011 • 104 Posts

unless the battlefield series becomes a casual game than it will never sell more than COD if it keeps its formula.

The average gamer wants an easily accsesible game which they can play without much thought/concentration. While hardcore gamers will want depth and strategy which is hard/challenging. Casual gamers outnumber hardcore gamers vastly so COD will sell more obviously.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 orb_03_2006

More people play COD because it is easier and doesn't have much of a learning curve, Battlefield takes more adjustment and there is a higher learning curve. New players could get lost trying to find where to go with the maps being much more large and open as opposed to COD forcing players into certain areas more so with only so many areas of movement. Let's face it, casual players are going to like Call of Duty more, it is easier and everyone thinks they are good at it. Even with horrible scores haha

SouL-Tak3R
Too true.
Je3vez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Je3vez

SouL-Tak3R

so true, when i firsst played battlefield bad co 2 after playing mw2 for months i was just blown away by the depth. But bettlefield is the way to go

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
true, but it probably won't hold a shine to battlefield 3.
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts
And in other news.. 1) the sun wil rise tommorrow. 2) the skiy will be blue 3) Water will be cold 4) fire wil be hot For real, yo think anyone in the world doersnt know this, your just stateing the obvious. Nevertheless, CoD is a console game, BF3 take CoD to the candy shop when its on teh PC. BF on the console is so so. But in reality, i like both games when playing them on the console. One has slick and suprem FPS (coD) the other has more realistic firefights with vechicle combate. However, I will not be getting MW3 not because of all the love and hate for the game. Its because i hate what the are doing with the monthly payment plan. That is the most greedest thing i have yet to see a game company do. And for that, this will be the first CoD game i do not my, I used to be a serious hardcord fan of the serise, but not anymore. So the fact remains: Their move to pay monthly has affected some of its loyal fan base. Ill be plyaing blacks ops and BF3 as i perform voodo on MW3 to fail so they wont have a paid serivce any longer lol
DumbPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DumbPanda
Member since 2011 • 379 Posts

NO S**T

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="gamingboss"]

>monkeymoose5000
This isn't even a valid reason, maybe many twelve year old idiots haven't played Battlefield but tons of people play Battlefield.

So you're an idiot if you've never played battlefield? Awesome logic
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

[QUOTE="gamingboss"]

N7v1K0

MW3 will sell more than BF3 simply cos it's CoD and that's where all the sheep flock to

Lol no he's right. I mean just like at what the engine in the past cod games could do and what it can do now in MW3! I mean, BF3's engine ain't something spectacular...
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 orb_03_2006
[QUOTE="N7v1K0"]

[QUOTE="gamingboss"]

Papadrach

Lol no he's right. I mean just like at what the engine in the past cod games could do and what it can do now in MW3! I mean, BF3's engine ain't something spectacular...

Yeah, it is spectacular. Destructible cover, vehicles, etc. Oh yeah, that's nothing compared to the same 5 year old engine CoD has.
Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

[QUOTE="Papadrach"][QUOTE="N7v1K0"]

orb_03_2006

I was using sarcasm fyi lol Yeah, it is spectacular. Destructible cover, vehicles, etc. Oh yeah, that's nothing compared to the same 5 year old engine CoD has.

I was using sarcasm fyi lol

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Modern Warfare has a bigger following, simple as that. It's a tried and true game that is easy to pick up and play with friends and family. It's advertised extremely well and has good gameplay. For some reason, a good majority of people here on Gamespot don't like MW, and I feel it's for all the wrong reasons. You can have any defense you want, but I know that a good percentage of the people here dislike the game solely out of the fact that it's become so popular. That's what people do. They have to try and be as unique as possible, so they bash what's popular, even if they once liked it. That's how it is for music too. Once a band gets national attention and leaves the underground scene, people just bash them because they're no longer unique in their tastes.
killer_beanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killer_beanz
Member since 2010 • 913 Posts
Research, then post bro. #4 is completely and utterly wrong. BF3 has the brand new and beautiful engine.
Avatar image for pokemondude2012
pokemondude2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pokemondude2012
Member since 2010 • 5938 Posts
The answer to the titil is all in the hype that game devs put out. BF3 will be a better game but cod has more hype. Thus outselling BF3. And bf3 will have a new engine...
xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

[QUOTE="DualSMG14"]

[QUOTE="EABGamer"]bigger name brand. Like it or not Call of duty games are better then BF games. Call of duty's online play is way better.EABGamer

The sky is blue. Fact......Anyway Battlefield isn't the same game as the last one however In the CoD series it pretty much is the same every year. Also why do they need to put out a CoD game every year anyway? :s

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#41 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

People will buy MW3 because CoD is just a far better series. Battlefield is the gimpy, red-headed step-child of the genre; it's okay, but by no means great.

Je3vez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Je3vez

People will buy MW3 because CoD is just a far better series. Battlefield is the gimpy, red-headed step-child of the genre; it's okay, but by no means great.

jekyll

Not sure if trolling or just stupid

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="EABGamer"][QUOTE="DualSMG14"] That's a complete matter of opinion as to which game is better or has better online. Modern warfare 3 will sell more because its much more popular and easy for anyone at all to pick up and play.

xboxmad12

The sky is blue. Fact......Anyway Battlefield isn't the same game as the last one however In the CoD series it pretty much is the same every year. Also why do they need to put out a CoD game every year anyway? :s

I'm not a fan of one series over the other so I'm going to be objective about this. How can you say COD is the same every year when they span 40 years of history? Different maps, weapons, tech, etc. Yeah the MP elements may be similar but its the same with Battlefield. And DICE putting out 3 games in 4 years is no better than Activision putting out a game every year, but its not their fault. The problem is Activision, the money hungry company that they are, is putting out a new game every year forcing DICE to follow suit or be left behind. But when you look at it Infinity Ward puts out a game every 2 years as does Treyarch. DICE has actually put out more games per years than either.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

gamingboss
cod will sell more because its name... simple as that. cod wins over bf because cod is about keeping the player in fast action the whole time. because small maps and fast gameplay. BF3 will be running on a way better engine then cod EA plans to boost BF advertisement upto 45 million dollars. bf3 is way better FPS then cod. cod is only good because they was one of the first to get the fast pace army shooter format down
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

probably because MW3 is going to be BETTER than BF3.

the problem with BC2 is that there's only 5 game modes (really only 3) and unless you're playing Rush or Conquest, the match is probably going to be boring and suck. hopefully they give a little more variety to the game modes in BF3. a team deathmatch would be good, i'm surprised they didn't just put that in BC2.

EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 EABGamer
Anyone that writes anything about this topic is pure opinion I said and he writes the sky is blue fact.....lol. Then ORB writes it is a fact that MW3 will sell more.....I know since the games are not even out yet. Its the common sense choice that MW3 will sell more but its all opinions as of now. XBOXMAD......To answer your question why they need one every year because it prints money. Wouldn't you do that? I know I would. I would try and put one out every WEEK if it was filling my pockets with millions of dollars lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Anyone that writes anything about this topic is pure opinion I said and he writes the sky is blue fact.....lol. Then ORB writes it is a fact that MW3 will sell more.....I know since the games are not even out yet. Its the common sense choice that MW3 will sell more but its all opinions as of now. XBOXMAD......To answer your question why they need one every year because it prints money. Wouldn't you do that? I know I would. I would try and put one out every WEEK if it was filling my pockets with millions of dollars lol. EABGamer

And thats exactly what has made the corporate shills and why they get as much hate as they do. Because they don't care about the players they just care about how many 0's are in their salaries. This is why more people prefer BF too. Because they seem to actually care about the gamers needs and desires

EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EABGamer

[QUOTE="EABGamer"]Anyone that writes anything about this topic is pure opinion I said and he writes the sky is blue fact.....lol. Then ORB writes it is a fact that MW3 will sell more.....I know since the games are not even out yet. Its the common sense choice that MW3 will sell more but its all opinions as of now. XBOXMAD......To answer your question why they need one every year because it prints money. Wouldn't you do that? I know I would. I would try and put one out every WEEK if it was filling my pockets with millions of dollars lol. seanmcloughlin

And thats exactly what has made the corporate shills and why they get as much hate as they do. Because they don't care about the players they just care about how many 0's are in their salaries. This is why more people prefer BF too. Because they seem to actually care about the gamers needs and desires

They don't care about the players? The video game players are at fault not the company i hope you know that. The reason it comes out every year or whenever it comes out is because you me and everyone else as a gamer SUPPORT IT WITH OUR MONEY. Its not there fault is our fault. Like gutiar hero use to come out like crazy then people stopped buying it and now look what happened.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

gamingboss
If CoD sells more it will be due to all of the kids whos' parents bought it for them. Nothing else plays a bigger role in CoD sales.