Why isn't the GEARS franchise being treat with the same respect as HALO?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sunnystarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 sunnystarz
Member since 2007 • 1536 Posts

How did they let such a buggy game out? How did Microsoft approve this? Is the quality standard being lower? Did they know about the horrible MP?

In a way, Xbox 360 owners have been shortchange with alot of things (RROD Crisis, books & articles are being written about it) Do they just know that WE WILL PUT UP WITH ANY CRAP THEY PUT OUT? ARE WE THAT LOYAL?

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Nostalgia.

And Gears' online isn't horrible. I've been having great luck lately getting into matches quickly and having then not be laggy.

Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Pump_man44
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts
well its way harder for us australians.... that might be because of us all playing cod waw...:'( A reason that gow isn't as popular as halo might be because of the gore... you know the little kids nightmares..
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
coz halo was basically what made the xbox , without it , it wouldnt be where it is today. Whereas gears , didnt revolutionize anything.
impl0sion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 impl0sion
Member since 2006 • 851 Posts
there weren't as many problems with halo multiplayer as there is with gears 2 multiplayer.
bs0ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bs0ng
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts
there weren't as many problems with halo multiplayer as there is with gears 2 multiplayer.impl0sion
coz halo was basically what made the xbox , without it , it wouldnt be where it is today. Whereas gears , didnt revolutionize anything.campzor
^^^These. Gears is pretty fun...but I've had less frustrations from a technical standpoint playing Halo. I still play Halo to this day.
Trixta92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Trixta92
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

because there are loads of halo fan boys, GOW1 + 2 are much better games, i admit gow2 has some problems but an update is coming out soon. I think halo 3 is rubbish, all people do is fire the machine guns at eachother then mellee attack, fun? noo way

Avatar image for Penalty_of_Hero
Penalty_of_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 Penalty_of_Hero
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

Halo is Halo and is Microsofts baby. Though I think Microsoft treated Gears really well. I'sve seen som "making of Gears" movies and from that it looks like Microsoft is doing really much for the game (nearly as much as for Halo).

ISargin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 ISargin
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

and thats why halo has always been on top. Xbox live satisfaction.

Epic Games dont know jack about upkeeping a games online. same with 2k

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts

because there are loads of halo fan boys, GOW1 + 2 are much better games, i admit gow2 has some problems but an update is coming out soon. I think halo 3 is rubbish, all people do is fire the machine guns at eachother then mellee attack, fun? noo way

Trixta92
If that is what you really think, then you must not have picked up any other weapon. There is far more to Halo 3 MP than that.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Halo is the Xbox brands biggest game by far, that's why.
iBlooba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iBlooba
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts
Because GoW isn't really that great... I mean Halo2 was epic, a new chapter in gaming history. It's what started Xbox Live. More fans, more money, more advertisements.... Halo was off the scale. Gears of War 1 was good, but not nearly up to par with Master Chief and Friends. Gears of War 2 had horrible multiplayer, everyone using Chainsaws and Shotguns, buggy, and way too much gore. You have to think about all the kids that play Xbox Live. Alot of the older players don't like the kids, but they pay the same amount of money as you do, and they should be treated with the same respect. "The gore will give little kids nightmares." That was a lousy statement, don't talk down about them. I'm 16, but I understand how it feels to be made fun of for being youg. Anyways, like I said, GoW just isn't as good as the Halo series, with gore or without.
mad-aussie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 mad-aussie
Member since 2008 • 87 Posts

coz halo was basically what made the xbox , without it , it wouldnt be where it is today. Whereas gears , didnt revolutionize anything.campzor

I agree with you on that that is how they microsoft made it in the doors with the console but with gears it was a game that put a lot of effort to keep its self in the market by rushing certain things when they weren't ready for it.

DarkJeremy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarkJeremy26
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts

The voting on what we play really turned me off so i dont play Gears 2 MP I only played Horde. If I wanted to Vote on what gametype to play i would play Halo 3. But Halo 3 is terrble so I dont play that even. Epic shoulda made Gears 2 MP like COD 4 where you only vote on what map to play on. anyone agree?

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

because halo made a standardise gameplay mechanics (regenerative health,melee button)

and even sony made a game to "counter" halo name epicfail killzone 1 :P

PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

because there are loads of halo fan boys, GOW1 + 2 are much better games, i admit gow2 has some problems but an update is coming out soon. I think halo 3 is rubbish, all people do is fire the machine guns at eachother then mellee attack, fun? noo wayTrixta92

you obviously haven't played Halo 3.

sdoxas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 sdoxas
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

The Bungie division of MS may have more clout when it comes to when and how they want to release their games. Also, they have a tad more experience when it comes to releasing huge games; therefore, less bugs.

I hope the GOW2 update fixes the 'Bloodmount biting you even though you've clearly dived away from it' bug. Horde rules. Wish there was a Halo Horde.

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
[QUOTE="sdoxas"]

The Bungie division of MS may have more clout when it comes to when and how they want to release their games. Also, they have a tad more experience when it comes to releasing huge games; therefore, less bugs.

I hope the GOW2 update fixes the 'Bloodmount biting you even though you've clearly dived away from it' bug. Horde rules. Wish there was a Halo Horde.

A Halo version of Horde would definitely be awesome. :)
iamjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 iamjustin
Member since 2005 • 79 Posts

because Epic games, unlike bungie, does not know how to make a decent sequel.

don't fix it if it ain't broken.

impl0sion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 impl0sion
Member since 2006 • 851 Posts

sdoxas
I know bungie have released some big titles but are you trying to say Epic haven't? All of the unreal series, 2 gears games and who can forget the timeless jazz jack rabbit series.
cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
[QUOTE="Trixta92"]

because there are loads of halo fan boys, GOW1 + 2 are much better games, i admit gow2 has some problems but an update is coming out soon. I think halo 3 is rubbish, all people do is fire the machine guns at eachother then mellee attack, fun? noo wayPurpleHaze89

Or gears since It often times comes down to a shotgun fest. No matter what you play people are gonna get the majority of their kills with one of the starting weapons, except COD were you get to pick your weapon. I think about 40% of all gears kills were with the shotty.

justnher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 justnher
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts
The reason Gears doesnt get the same kind of Reaction as The Halo Franchise is beacuse Gears is a fairly new product. Epic obviously doesnt have the experience to handle the MP gaming community. Bungie nearly - perfected their MP product and continues to do it as we speak by means of contant tweaking (weight reduction, speed reduction, gun nerfing, and all kinds of balancing) . Epic still has to implement these "perfecting" mesures into the Gears of War MP product. Gears of war 2 has so many bugs and server problems that its hard to overlook and see the quality game that it is intended to be. There's really nothing else to compare. Since these games thrive off of the MP experience you cannot compare the SP portion of the franchises thats why im not going into that part.
Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#23 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Stop complaining and play the games. They are both great game.

Little kid shouldn't play 17+ game simple has that and if you don't like gore then don't play the game ... simple has that !

mmallory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 mmallory
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
Halo was basically the console seller for original XBOX, but Gears 1 did almost the same thing for the 360. Halo 3 MP is the most refined and balanced multiplayer I've ever played. Gears 1 MP was full of glitches and cheaters but it was still the must fun I've had in MP since Goldeneye. I still haven't played Gears 2 MP online so I can't really comment on that, I guess Epic kinda just screwed it up. But don't say Epic can't make sequels or MP games as Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 are two of the best FPS multiplayer games ever, for the people old enough to have played the first one.
justnher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 justnher
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts

They are both great games.

Coco_pierrot

Thank you. Why cant gamers realize that games are equally great? quality games are quality games

Halo = Gears = CoD = RB6V = SmashBros = Pokemon R+B .... good games are good games. period. To bad the console wars suffers the same fate as the Middle East. There will never be peace.

hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

Who cares!?

I'll admit that Gears 2 isn't as great as Gears 1, but with all the new weapons, game types, partying up, etc etc, I could care less.

Halo suxxs balls anyways.

jacim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jacim91
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is none sense how can ppl be saying that Halo is better than GOW, u can almost compare it in every way and GOW will always win.

Graphics: Halo: Mediocre

GOW: GREAT

Combat: Halo: Just moving from side to side and fireing ur weap

GOW: As in real life look for cover and then fire. Who is stupid enough as not to take cover when he is in a guns fight?????

Multiplayer: Halo: Very funny no problems what so ever

GOW: Many bugs and probls but who cares they will soon be fixed

And i could continue on but GOW will always win.

Another thing i cant understand how can ppl not like GORE its what makes GOW sooo great.

I am not saying that Halo sucks, but u have to admint that GOW is way better. GL

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Halo has been around for longer, so has had longer to acquire and keep fans.
Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
it isnt very laggy anymore. it has a patch and a new server. anyway i think the online in gears takes longer because it trys to match you with people of similar skill level. everyone has at least played 1 match of COD4 or WAW where they have been a low rank and been up against people who are extremely high ranks, or they have been on a team of people with low ranks against those with really high ranks. gears 2 stops this and evens the game out so you can have more fun
Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
Halo was basically the console seller for original XBOX, but Gears 1 did almost the same thing for the 360. Halo 3 MP is the most refined and balanced multiplayer I've ever played. Gears 1 MP was full of glitches and cheaters but it was still the must fun I've had in MP since Goldeneye. I still haven't played Gears 2 MP online so I can't really comment on that, I guess Epic kinda just screwed it up. But don't say Epic can't make sequels or MP games as Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament 2004 are two of the best FPS multiplayer games ever, for the people old enough to have played the first one.mmallory
halo 3 most balanced multiplayer? you have got to be kidding. if you are playing a game of team slayer 4 a side and 2 people on your team leave they arnt replaced by other people searching for a match like in COD WAW and 4. this makes games very unbalanced and unfair
Avatar image for MumblesMcBabble
MumblesMcBabble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MumblesMcBabble
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

it isnt very laggy anymore. it has a patch and a new server. anyway i think the online in gears takes longer because it trys to match you with people of similar skill level. everyone has at least played 1 match of COD4 or WAW where they have been a low rank and been up against people who are extremely high ranks, or they have been on a team of people with low ranks against those with really high ranks. gears 2 stops this and evens the game out so you can have more funguitarsrock4eva

I would rather be with a group of low rank teammates and get slaughtered than sit and wait 10 minutes to find a match.

sdoxas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#32 sdoxas
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts
[QUOTE="sdoxas"]

impl0sion

I know bungie have released some big titles but are you trying to say Epic haven't? All of the unreal series, 2 gears games and who can forget the timeless jazz jack rabbit series.

true true

Djdiddles77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#33 Djdiddles77
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts
I wonder the same thing! I HATED Halo, it was so boring and I love Gears!! As long as they keep making Gears I could really care less which is more popular!
XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#34 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts
Played both games and Gears wins! However, I do hope they fix this MP problem of waiting to find and play a match. If it wasn't for this I'd be playing more matches online.
Enman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Enman1
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

Trixta92
this!!
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I agree with you, also Gears has so many glitches and Epic takes there time trying to fix them and still hasnt and they rather work on maps for a broken online. Also Halo is just a overall better game then Gears ever will be.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

Trixta92
and gears is 2 piece with a shotgun + melee
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]coz halo was basically what made the xbox , without it , it wouldnt be where it is today. Whereas gears , didnt revolutionize anything.raylewisnfl52
I agree with you, also Gears has so many glitches and Epic takes there time trying to fix them and still hasnt and they rather work on maps for a broken online. Also Halo is just a overall better game then Gears ever will be.

i think gears helped build the 360 install base though before the halo 3 came out, halo build xbox and live, but gears started the 360.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts

Trixta92
really what do you do in Gears of War? does chainsaw ring a bell. I swear if you know how to hold the "B" down then you can be good at Gears of War 2. Thats all you do is run around and chainsaw. Oh and in Gears of War 1 what did you do again? Frag Tag just run around like an idiot and press the "B" until you stuck someone once again thaks no skill at least in Halo you had to through a sticky to have it stick on them not just touch the person.
PunishedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PunishedOne
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts
[QUOTE="Trixta92"]

because there are loads of halo fan boys, GOW1 + 2 are much better games, i admit gow2 has some problems but an update is coming out soon. I think halo 3 is rubbish, all people do is fire the machine guns at eachother then mellee attack, fun? noo wayPurpleHaze89

So you're telling me that a shooter that is not very skill based due to limited movement, aiming, and techniques is far superior to something that IS skill-based? How's that logical?
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#41 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

Nostalgia.

And Gears' online isn't horrible. I've been having great luck lately getting into matches quickly and having then not be laggy.

It has nothing to do with nostalgia. Halo games are just more well put together. Halo couldnt even dream to be near as glitchy as either Gears game.
thefarmerguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thefarmerguy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
just to let you know, the latest news update on the gears 2 multiplayer lobby says the matchmaking is fixed/faster. your not getting lucky, they are making a series of updates on the game
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
well its way harder for us australians.... that might be because of us all playing cod waw...:'( A reason that gow isn't as popular as halo might be because of the gore... you know the little kids nightmares..Pump_man44
Well not to be a jerk or anything but it wasn't meant for little kids anyways. I understand what your saying though. Gears is popular where I live(California) gets the same respect as Halo....nevermind halo gets more but it's still recognized.
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts
The singleplayer was great.
shameer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shameer93
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
Halo made the xbox into what it is. Halo revolutionized console shooters and online shooters. Also halo is a lot of fun with 4 people at your house (with gears you can only have two). You can customize the map and the game type. You can record clips. Also, vehicles are integrated MUCH better. Halo is just alot of fun and has GIGANTIC hype around it. And you actually have to play smart whe you play against good people. Still number one game on live. The graphics suck compared to gears. I own bothe and say halo is just slightly better, Halo has more to it. Gears has a MUCH better SP but has terrible online. Gears also has a good cover system. In the end they are both extrmely different games but are both fun. I just play halo more.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#46 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

How did they let such a buggy game out? How did Microsoft approve this? Is the quality standard being lower? Did they know about the horrible MP?

In a way, Xbox 360 owners have been shortchange with alot of things (RROD Crisis, books & articles are being written about it) Do they just know that WE WILL PUT UP WITH ANY CRAP THEY PUT OUT? ARE WE THAT LOYAL?

sunnystarz

the same reason halo wont get as much respect as goldeneye, , , it was not original, its been done somany times before-timesplitters caugh timespliters 2 caugh ts3 halo caugh duke nukem doom quake, etc sure halo made xbox into what it is today-a shootfest but goldneeye gets more honors for being the first to do so ,

as far as halo revolutionizin online/local play i dont think so, duke nukem quiake-pc unreal championship-xbox was out before halo 2 which was the first online halo for xbox back in 04

so go figure what halo 2 did, it didnt do anything different so in that respect, it isnt the online its the xbox, even with timesplitters-a suppierer game, halo still was ground breaking, for its console, ts is so much like it,

Avatar image for psychoCLOWN666z
psychoCLOWN666z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 psychoCLOWN666z
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
lets just say GOW SUCKS BALLS and HALO RULES!:twisted:
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#48 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
Because Bungie respects gamers more than Epic. Epic allows glitches galore, Bungie has very tight gaming code. Epic does not understand balance in a MP game, Bungie does. Bungie released Halo 3 with a public beta to identify problems and respond to feedback. Cliffy B. thinks betas are like sluts and releases a game chock full of BS.
wtfandyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wtfandyk
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts
Because Halos MP is leaps and bounds beyond GOW MP
Blastalot5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 Blastalot5
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts

Halo is Halo and is Microsofts baby. Though I think Microsoft treated Gears really well. I'sve seen som "making of Gears" movies and from that it looks like Microsoft is doing really much for the game (nearly as much as for Halo).

Penalty_of_Hero

are you seriously citing the promotional materials as a basis for your opinion on whether or not Gears was tested properly?