Why is 360 going strong?

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts

First off, I want to say I have all 3 systems and I'm just wondering why are there so many hardcore fans for the Xbox 360 at this point in time. It just seems that there is still a strong fanbase for it. Don't get me wrong its a pretty good system... but when it comes to the games I want either its on my PS3 or computer as well... So I get it for those before my 360 mainly because I really don't like paying for online service after being a member from release up until this christmas.

Now I'm trying to look into the future of the 360 and all I hear about is really Ninja Gaiden 2 (which looks great and I'll be buying it but of course be frustrated with its difficulty), Too Human (which from all the previews say its still full of concerns and doubt even tho its been in production for a number of years and I don't expect this game to play very well), and Banjoo and Kazooie (which looks like it could be pretty cool), and Gears of War 2 (looks like a lot more of the same but I bet it will be pretty good, IMO a lil' over-rated tho).

I feel that everyone is becoming obsessed with just Achievement points and thats about it. And almost everything on XBL besides demos costs money which I think is growing out of control.

Now I know the PS3 is doing a lot of that and planning on building it as big as Microsoft with online options and features... But It does have Blu-ray which means High Definition videos... and so far I feel I can get a lot more features with a lil smaller collection for free and free online.

Basically I am just asking what keeps you so excited and into Xbox? Because I have seemed to lost my love for it for the most part.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I don't care about achievements. I'm getting a ps3 soon but it's controller isn't that good for me. I don't like how small it is. XBL has plenty of free things and i'm not going to buy everything on there so i could careless about the prices. Lets see paying $4.13 a month for XBL is well worth it. The Xbox 360 so far has much better exclusives and after i get my ps3 it'll just be for exclusives. Although all of these are just opinions i'll love my ps3 but i'll always find all of my consoles great.
ALTAIR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ALTAIR360
Member since 2006 • 1408 Posts

everything is free on xbl except playing online ;)

and i se no reason xbox 360 fans stepping over to ps3.

xbox 360 is still getting great game since 2005.

rrod is the only problem.

Chrystsown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chrystsown
Member since 2005 • 72 Posts

While I feel this thread is on the border of being moved to "Console Wars", I'll give my two-cents anyway.

I think the reason for Xbox's seeming dominance is due to its focus toward the right "demographic", as it were. I personally feel that Xbox aims at appealing to Hardcore Gamers, or, those who live the "Gamer's Lifestyle"...with all that entails. On the other hand, I seem to think that Nintendo and Sony are shooting at different "demo's" entirely, with Nintendo going for the casual gamer (who doesn't live the gamer's lifestyle, but likes an occasional romp), and Sony towards "media junkies"...who love to have all their media devices in one convient unit. These may or may not be Hardcore or Casual gamers, but for Sony it doesn't matter...as long as they love having a placid little Media Center in one spot.

So, that's why I think the Xbox 360 sells so well, particularly as most games themselves are meant for the Hardcore Gamer...it only seems logical that the system which does the same will stand out on top. (Okay, ya got me...that was more like 5 cents than 2).

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

I don't care about achievements. I'm getting a ps3 soon but it's controller isn't that good for me. I don't like how small it is. XBL has plenty of free things and i'm not going to buy everything on there so i could careless about the prices. Lets see paying $4.13 a month for XBL is well worth it. The Xbox 360 so far has much better exclusives and after i get my ps3 it'll just be for exclusives. Although all of these are just opinions i'll love my ps3 but i'll always find all of my consoles great.craigalan23

just like he said, i dont care for achievements, i only buy the things i want off xbl and if they cost money then hay what ever (and i a relatively cheap gamer saying that come on) not every thing is free except it. paying for xbl doesnt bother me, i pay like 8$ a mo. i like to game and the 360 was my choice because i loved th og. xbox and i had enough money for it along with the 360 had hitman-bm and TES Oblivion ps3 coasted too much and didnt have anything i mean come on. the over all exclusives that the xbox has compared to the ps3 alone would get my vote. sure the ps3 has better graphics but im not concerned about that as long as the games kick @r$

zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts

I also have all 3 systems. Right now I play multi-platorm games on the PS3, mainly for the free online. However, the 360 has the advantage that the PS2 had last gen: more games. I also like to keep the 360 around for now because it tends to have better exclusives at the moment.

The 360 has a head-start, and I think that is the root of it.

However, there are a lot of reasons I like the PS3 which will probably have me migrating more over to it. Better support for video files (Mine doubles as a media center), The ability to use standard peripherals such as bluetooth headsets and charging via USB and using standard audio and video cables, more options for integrating with my home theatre, blu-ray support, cleaner interface, free online, and a processor that in the long run will probably have more longevity than the 360.

KillaB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KillaB123
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts
X-Box has lead the pack with its quality service, games and now premium HD downloadable content, its controller is more comfortable and ergonomic. And its accesorries are all top notch, it was become the center of my entertainment unit, from streaming movies and music from my PC to playing the best titles available. X-box will most likely be staying on top for a while microsoft is working on x-box live 2.0 as well :P
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I just got RROD for the THIRD time in less than 18 months, so I'm feeling pretty let down by the 360 right now. But I'm not going to give up on it, mainly because Gears 2 is only 6 months away.
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XxAnubisxX

Thanks for the input from everyone thus far but I am still wondering where are all of these exclusives and great games for the 360?

All I see is really GoW, Halo 3, and Ninja Gaiden... I'm just wondering when the next huge hit games for the 360 only are besides NG2 and GoW2

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XxAnubisxX

I'm not trying to say that the console is worse than the rest I'm just trying to figure out what all its got going for it that wii and Ps3 don't? I just heard that they're rumors of them taking over the wii concept but that does nothing for me when i have a wii already... and Ps3 has sixxasis which is cool in moderation and if done right... seems like they're just playing a big game of copy now.

What all do i have to look forward to on my 360? (besides NG2 and GoW)

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
I love my 360. And for online gaming $4.Something and mounth is not much. ( I played WoW before this ) The controller is super good and not to small or big like the old xbox controller. The xbox 360 at the time just has a better game set, like some of you said. Its a HardCore gaming system, and thats pretty much why I play it.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

I'm sticking with the 360 because the Wii is too childish and the PS3's game library can't match the 360's. When PS3 games constantly get better ratings and fantastic exclusives then I might consider a PS3.

But, I don't see that happening.

dizzykim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dizzykim
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts

Microsoft has been able to keep its lead for a lot of different reasons. They had a year head start, which allows them to improve more than Sony and Nintendo. They were able to get a previously exclusive games to go multiplatform, which gives their console more appeal in addition to their exclusives. They improved greatly with XBL, giving them a major advantage over Sony and Nintendo in the online department (Home might change that for Sony, but as for now Microsoft has the better online experience, and that can justify charging a price for it). With multiplatform games, they got the developer to add in exclusive content that may be appealing to gamers (one example that comes to mind is the upcoming DLC for GTA4).

Other reasons were made by the two other companies instead. The PS3 games that were multiplatform are said to be of lower quality than their 360 counterparts. For the most part this is true, but the newer multiplatform games are starting to be on par, or better than the 360 versions. Between Nintendo and 360, I see the casual gaming trend waning as more crap games get released on the Wii (there is a greater proportion of worthless mini-games to quality first party titles -- 2nd and 3rd party titles have quality too, but they are few and far between). Nintendo has been pigeon-holed into the casual gaming market, even with great first party titles. As long as they let third party developers release worthless casual "games" such as Wii Fit, Chicken Shoot and M&M Kart Racing, I don't see the Wii getting the casual gaming brand off anytime soon. The appeal of the 360 is that it can appeal to everyone, and Sony is starting to realize this and catch up, releasing great PSN titles as echochrome, Pixeljunk Monsters and giving decent content to their big games, like the Booster packs for Warhawk. Also, the extra space on the blu-ray discs for the PS3 hasn't been used effectively, mainly being used to increase quality of video/audio and add more of the same. While more space would be utilized better down the road, it may take a while before that happens.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I'm not trying to say that the console is worse than the rest I'm just trying to figure out what all its got going for it that wii and Ps3 don't? I just heard that they're rumors of them taking over the wii concept but that does nothing for me when i have a wii already... and Ps3 has sixxasis which is cool in moderation and if done right... seems like they're just playing a big game of copy now.

XxAnubisxX

There's Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Halo Wars and Splinter Cell: Conviction. I don't really know what else, to be honest the "other console" has a much more promising lineup in my opinion.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XxAnubisxX

Microsoft has been able to keep its lead for a lot of different reasons. They had a year head start, which allows them to improve more than Sony and Nintendo. They were able to get a previously exclusive games to go multiplatform, which gives their console more appeal in addition to their exclusives. They improved greatly with XBL, giving them a major advantage over Sony and Nintendo in the online department (Home might change that for Sony, but as for now Microsoft has the better online experience, and that can justify charging a price for it). With multiplatform games, they got the developer to add in exclusive content that may be appealing to gamers (one example that comes to mind is the upcoming DLC for GTA4).

Other reasons were made by the two other companies instead. The PS3 games that were multiplatform are said to be of lower quality than their 360 counterparts. For the most part this is true, but the newer multiplatform games are starting to be on par, or better than the 360 versions. Between Nintendo and 360, I see the casual gaming trend waning as more crap games get released on the Wii (there is a greater proportion of worthless mini-games to quality first party titles -- 2nd and 3rd party titles have quality too, but they are few and far between). Nintendo has been pigeon-holed into the casual gaming market, even with great first party titles. As long as they let third party developers release worthless casual "games" such as Wii Fit, Chicken Shoot and M&M Kart Racing, I don't see the Wii getting the casual gaming brand off anytime soon. The appeal of the 360 is that it can appeal to everyone, and Sony is starting to realize this and catch up, releasing great PSN titles as echochrome, Pixeljunk Monsters and giving decent content to their big games, like the Booster packs for Warhawk. Also, the extra space on the blu-ray discs for the PS3 hasn't been used effectively, mainly being used to increase quality of video/audio and add more of the same. While more space would be utilized better down the road, it may take a while before that happens.

dizzykim

Yeah all strong and correct statements... I'm starting to get a little upset with Wii myself. but thats because of only having those little mini-games and nothing more... getting to be a let-down...

But I think maybe that's why. because the 360 has a lot of games especially with its headstart in the race. And its more affordable than the Ps3... Good to hear all this info from xbox owners... I thought everyone was still fighting and bashing the ps3 but I think it's safe to say everyone is realizing the ps3's potential and what it has to offer.

But since I have all three I guess my only concern is why should I still have my 360 around besides one great game every now and again... isn't there more?

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XxAnubisxX
[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]

Floppy_Jim

There's Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Halo Wars and Splinter Cell: Conviction. I don't really know what else, to be honest the "other console" has a much more promising lineup in my opinion.

Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 has already bee announced? even if then I'm sure they will be multiplatform or at least on my computer. But That's my concern because to me it seems to be lacking a line-up... especially to the PS3's over the next year. Are there games I may not know about? And so Far IMO Fable doesn't look that great... the gameplay looks really lacking from the videos I've seen.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chaoz-king
Dizzykim: Thank you. You put into words what I was trying to.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KC_Hokie

But since I have all three I guess my only concern is why should I still have my 360 around besides one great game every now and again... isn't there more?XxAnubisxX

Because the multiplatform games are consistantly getting better reviews on the 360.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I own a PS3 as well, and the gaming library is pathetic. So I have no clue what you are talking about.

Arguing the "Future" is stupid. The PS3 sucks in the present, and Sony is all about lies/false promises/delays. Where's home? Haze sucked, why was it delayed? I could go on and on but this isn't worth it, you're bordering on fanboy.

I just can't comprehend claiming you own all 3 and think the PS3 has the better lineup. Your loyalty is getting in the way of your judgement. 360 is winning because it has good games...isn't that what it's all about?

The PS3 does have potential, I don't deny that...Time for them to start showing us though, less talk.
"PS3 Graphics are Superior" > Haven't seen much of that yet.
"Blue Ray will affect the quality of games" > Most PS3 multiplats get lower reviews.
"PS3 will have the best future lineup" > Believe it when I see it.
etc, etc...

Right now my PS3 plays Tekken, and overpriced DVD's.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XxAnubisxX

[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]But since I have all three I guess my only concern is why should I still have my 360 around besides one great game every now and again... isn't there more?KC_Hokie

Because the multiplatform games are consistantly getting better reviews on the 360.

I don't really agree with that... if there is much or any sort of change in reviews over consoles its not enough to really make a difference anyways... but I have never noticed this from gamespot or IGN

Avatar image for angryguywalking
angryguywalking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angryguywalking
Member since 2005 • 922 Posts
[QUOTE="dizzykim"]

XxAnubisxX

Yeah all strong and correct statements... I'm starting to get a little upset with Wii myself. but thats because of only having those little mini-games and nothing more... getting to be a let-down...

But I think maybe that's why. because the 360 has a lot of games especially with its headstart in the race. And its more affordable than the Ps3... Good to hear all this info from xbox owners... I thought everyone was still fighting and bashing the ps3 but I think it's safe to say everyone is realizing the ps3's potential and what it has to offer.

But since I have all three I guess my only concern is why should I still have my 360 around besides one great game every now and again... isn't there more?

No offense, but you're a little un-satisifyable. If I made a big list of good games for the PS3 and a big list of good games for the 360, 360's list would be a lot bigger :D.

Galadreil782

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Galadreil782
Member since 2007 • 3027 Posts

While I feel this thread is on the border of being moved to "Console Wars", I'll give my two-cents anyway.

I think the reason for Xbox's seeming dominance is due to its focus toward the right "demographic", as it were. I personally feel that Xbox aims at appealing to Hardcore Gamers, or, those who live the "Gamer's Lifestyle"...with all that entails. On the other hand, I seem to think that Nintendo and Sony are shooting at different "demo's" entirely, with Nintendo going for the casual gamer (who doesn't live the gamer's lifestyle, but likes an occasional romp), and Sony towards "media junkies"...who love to have all their media devices in one convient unit. These may or may not be Hardcore or Casual gamers, but for Sony it doesn't matter...as long as they love having a placid little Media Center in one spot.

So, that's why I think the Xbox 360 sells so well, particularly as most games themselves are meant for the Hardcore Gamer...it only seems logical that the system which does the same will stand out on top. (Okay, ya got me...that was more like 5 cents than 2).

Chrystsown

He said it. Great read Chrystsown. Thats exactly what I think too.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]But since I have all three I guess my only concern is why should I still have my 360 around besides one great game every now and again... isn't there more?XxAnubisxX

I don't really agree with that... if there is much or any sort of change in reviews over consoles its not enough to really make a difference anyways... but I have never noticed this from gamespot or IGN

IGN, look at the Orange Box, it's a AAA title, and the PS3 version is barely AA. Lots of Multiplats have been inferior on PS3, that's commonly known, check IGN more often.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chaoz-king
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]

XxAnubisxX

Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 has already bee announced? even if then I'm sure they will be multiplatform or at least on my computer. But That's my concern because to me it seems to be lacking a line-up... especially to the PS3's over the next year. Are there games I may not know about? And so Far IMO Fable doesn't look that great... the gameplay looks really lacking from the videos I've seen.

What game(s) will the ps3 have that the Xbox 360 wont. Killzone2, MGS4, FF13. The Xbox 360 is not lacking a line-up your just not wanting to look for the upcoming games.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]But since I have all three I guess my only concern is why should I still have my 360 around besides one great game every now and again... isn't there more?XxAnubisxX

You're the first then since 360 games are easier to make than PS3 and therefore have fewer problems and usually come out sooner.
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XxAnubisxX

I own a PS3 as well, and the gaming library is pathetic. So I have no clue what you are talking about.

Arguing the "Future" is stupid. The PS3 sucks in the present, and Sony is all about lies/false promises/delays. Where's home? Haze sucked, why was it delayed? I could go on and on but this isn't worth it, you're bordering on fanboy.

I just can't comprehend claiming you own all 3 and think the PS3 has the better lineup. Your loyalty is getting in the way of your judgement. 360 is winning because it has good games...isn't that what it's all about?

Mau-Justice

That's on the contrary... I was a much larger xbox and 360 fan even months after I bought my Ps3. And it's not just Sony products and promises that get delayed. And earlier in the topic it was mentioned that 360 did get a headstart.

If you don't want to discuss future then tell me why and what games in particular make you enjoy your 360 so much because that's what I'm trying to find out since mine has just been sitting in my room for a long time... would like to dust it off... thats the main point I am trying to figure out through this topic

ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ackr1TE
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts

Surperior online

Surperior Controler

Surperior Game's

Top notch accessories

Great XBL store

Plethora of demos to try

Good price point for what your geting

Why wouldnt it be doin good?

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XxAnubisxX
[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]But since I have all three I guess my only concern is why should I still have my 360 around besides one great game every now and again... isn't there more?KC_Hokie

You're the first then since 360 games are easier to make than PS3 and therefore have fewer problems and usually come out sooner.

Well give me an example of a game so I can look... I know there are often huge differences between consoles and PC versions and such... but between Ps3 and Xbox 360 I haven't seen anything... so enlighten me please

Avatar image for tunasandwich395
tunasandwich395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tunasandwich395
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts
All of my achievements come from playing GOOD games. The reason the PS3 isn't as big as PS2 is because of it's let down, its library isn't really much. Another reason is because the 360 launched much earlier so alot of people just said F it I'm getting a 360. Sure online isn't free but it's not that expensive either
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chaoz-king
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

XxAnubisxX

That's on the contrary... I was a much larger xbox and 360 fan even months after I bought my Ps3. And it's not just Sony products and promises that get delayed. And earlier in the topic it was mentioned that 360 did get a headstart.

If you don't want to discuss future then tell me why and what games in particular make you enjoy your 360 so much because that's what I'm trying to find out since mine has just been sitting in my room for a long time... would like to dust it off... thats the main point I am trying to figure out through this topic

Why do you like you PS3 so much?

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

Well give me an example of a game so I can look... I know there are often huge differences between consoles and PC versions and such... but between Ps3 and Xbox 360 I haven't seen anything... so enlighten me please

Read the posts...I already said it. THE ORANGE BOX.

IGN, look at the Orange Box, it's a AAA title, and the PS3 version is barely AA. Lots of Multiplats have been inferior on PS3, that's commonly known, check IGN more often.Mau-Justice
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XxAnubisxX
[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"][QUOTE="dizzykim"]

angryguywalking

No offense, but you're a little un-satisifyable. If I made a big list of good games for the PS3 and a big list of good games for the 360, 360's list would be a lot bigger :D.

No I agree with you... i only makes sense... they even have had a longer lifespan and larger support of developers I think

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

Let me make this really easy for you...name ONE multi-platform game that got better reviews across the board on the PS3.
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XxAnubisxX
[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]But since I have all three I guess my only concern is why should I still have my 360 around besides one great game every now and again... isn't there more?Mau-Justice

Read the posts...I already said it. THE ORANGE BOX.

[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]But since I have all three I guess my only concern is why should I still have my 360 around besides one great game every now and again... isn't there more?Mau-Justice

IGN, look at the Orange Box, it's a AAA title, and the PS3 version is barely AA. Lots of Multiplats have been inferior on PS3, that's commonly known, check IGN more often.

Okay Im sorry I didn't notice until just after I posted... no reason to get hostile

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mau-Justice

Okay Im sorry I didn't notice until just after I posted... no reason to get hostileXxAnubisxX

No hostility here. You went about the thread the wrong way though. Saying you prefer the PS3 library, this entire thread is meant for system wars. If you just asked about what we thought the stance of the 360 was, it would be different.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XxAnubisxX
Okay so I stand corrected with the orange box... however that is one of multitudes of other ports than get the same. But I do realize where you are coming from... It could have and probably was rushed into production for the Ps3 to come out the same or near the same time as the 360 version.
ackr1TE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ackr1TE
Member since 2007 • 636 Posts

The only reason to buy a PS3 is if your looking to get into the high def format,

When it comes to games it's useless and ur paying more for less, dont get me wrong there is 1 or 2 exclusives that i wouldnt mind playing on the PS3 but the 360 library is far better imo.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

First off, I want to say I have all 3 systems and I'm just wondering why are there so many hardcore fans for the Xbox 360 at this point in time. It just seems that there is still a strong fanbase for it. Don't get me wrong its a pretty good system... but when it comes to the games I want either its on my PS3 or computer as well... So I get it for those before my 360 mainly because I really don't like paying for online service after being a member from release up until this christmas.

Now I'm trying to look into the future of the 360 and all I hear about is really Ninja Gaiden 2 (which looks great and I'll be buying it but of course be frustrated with its difficulty), Too Human (which from all the previews say its still full of concerns and doubt even tho its been in production for a number of years and I don't expect this game to play very well), and Banjoo and Kazooie (which looks like it could be pretty cool), and Gears of War 2 (looks like a lot more of the same but I bet it will be pretty good, IMO a lil' over-rated tho).

I feel that everyone is becoming obsessed with just Achievement points and thats about it. And almost everything on XBL besides demos costs money which I think is growing out of control.

Now I know the PS3 is doing a lot of that and planning on building it as big as Microsoft with online options and features... But It does have Blu-ray which means High Definition videos... and so far I feel I can get a lot more features with a lil smaller collection for free and free online.

Basically I am just asking what keeps you so excited and into Xbox? Because I have seemed to lost my love for it for the most part.

XxAnubisxX

Well, achievments are fun, and add depth to a game. The online friends list is great because there are always people online playing the games i play. Most of the games are timed exclusives to teh 360 console PRIOR to coming to other platforms, making them a great "first play" on 360 so if you want them on your PC be prepared to wait months or even years sometimes. The console is Microsoft who, as evil as people think they are, drive the industry into new technologies and they listen to the needs of users and learn.

360 and PS3 can produce very similar graphcis in and quality games, but the 360 has a larger library at this time, and the controller (in my opinion) is more comfortable. You don't have to pay for extra HD cables out of the box, they deliver what they promise, and yes, it even has teh RROD! You can't get that one on the PS3! Ok, those that get the rrod and get repairs get the rrod again becaus etheir console is defective, however those who don't get it (and more people DONT get it over those who do) find their console is just as good as any competition on the market. I personally don't see any reason to get a PS3 with what little it has to ffer in terms of what I as a 360 owner already have.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 XxAnubisxX

[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]Okay Im sorry I didn't notice until just after I posted... no reason to get hostileMau-Justice

No hostility here. You went about the thread the wrong way though. Saying you prefer the PS3 library, this entire thread is meant for system wars. If you just asked about what we thought the stance of the 360 was, it would be different.

No you're right I probably did make those statements but only to compare it to the 360 to find out information solely on the Xbox 360... I don't want to lead the subject astray but that was my reasoning for the post... To find out more about what xbox 360 has in store

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XxAnubisxX
[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]

Phazevariance

Well, achievments are fun, and add depth to a game. The online friends list is great because there are always people online playing the games i play. Most of the games are timed exclusives to teh 360 console PRIOR to coming to other platforms, making them a great "first play" on 360 so if you want them on your PC be prepared to wait months or even years sometimes. The console is Microsoft who, as evil as people think they are, drive the industry into new technologies and they listen to the needs of users and learn.

360 and PS3 can produce very similar graphcis in and quality games, but the 360 has a larger library at this time, and the controller (in my opinion) is more comfortable. You don't have to pay for extra HD cables out of the box, they deliver what they promise, and yes, it even has teh RROD! You can't get that one on the PS3! Ok, those that get the rrod and get repairs get the rrod again becaus etheir console is defective, however those who don't get it (and more people DONT get it over those who do) find their console is just as good as any competition on the market. I personally don't see any reason to get a PS3 with what little it has to ffer in terms of what I as a 360 owner already have.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
Both 360 and PS3 are strong consoles, they are basicly the same in the mian features and the extras is person choice. I dont want Blu-Ray because its the future as in 5 years from now and by then there might actually be a better format. But the big difference between the two are the exclusive games. 360 has about 10 times as much exlusives that I want. Doesnt mean Im wondering why people are stil buying PS3. I realize that its my opinion, you should try to do the same TC.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

XxAnubisxX

Looking at your gamercard, the games you are playing are definitely questionable...Judging the 360 library with that list is rough.

That's like me playing Haze and Lair and saying the PS3 sucks.

First off, where the hell is Bioshock? Go get this game like, RIGHT NOW. lol. Where's Mass Effect? You got bored of Gears of War? You just need to pick a better lineup to play, trust me, the 360 has an amazing library...Maybe you're just picking the wrong games.

Sorry about before, didn't mean any hostility...these boards get frustrating sometimes and work is annoying me at the moment.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
xbox live is what's keeping it strong
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 XxAnubisxX

Alright I gotcha phazevariance thanks for the input... Maybe thats why I'm just not to into it at the moment... Because the 360 is great if you don't have other systems and does offer currently more than the Ps3 still...

I guess I'm just stuck waiting and looking for more xbox exclusives and offerings solely because I have the Ps3... Many don't have all 3 and I'm sure a lot of people just got the 360 since it was the first and offers a balance of everything... Just not much in the lines for a consumer for me at the moment and that must be why im struggling to find a reason to play my 360

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

Personally, I think the games are better. I love Xbox Live and have heard that it is far superior to PSN. I would easily pay twice what I do for XBL, it's definitely worth it. While the PS3 is a more powerful machine, so far Sony has failed to show it. Xbox 360 games look as great as any PS3 game, though the PS3 has worse framerate.

I also don't like the Dual Shock; whereas I love the Xbox 360 controller, which fits my hands perfectly. Blu-Ray is nice, but the presentation isn't FAR superior to HD, so that isn't really a factor for me.

Also, I may not be obsessed with Achievements Points, but it is nice. It's a cool way of showing off your accomplishments and adding them to an overall score. I adored the original Xbox and the 360 is my all time favorite system. It just works for me. I'm not into the whole system wars debate and I do believe it is all about preference. I happen to prefer the Xbox 360. :)

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 XxAnubisxX
[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"][QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

Mau-Justice

Looking at your gamercard, the games you are playing are definitely questionable...Judging the 360 library with that list is rough.

That's like me playing Haze and Lair and saying the PS3 sucks.

First off, where the hell is Bioshock? Go get this game like, RIGHT NOW. lol. Where's Mass Effect? You got bored of Gears of War? You just need to pick a better lineup to play, trust me, the 360 has an amazing library...Maybe you're just picking the wrong games.

Sorry about before, didn't mean any hostility...these boards get frustrating sometimes and work is annoying me at the moment.

LoL yeah good point... Lets see Gears of War... I don't remember what happened to that game but I did have it and did enjoy it... Mass Effect is onegame I missed out on and should probably get it! that is a great example for me thanks... for some reason... well I was Tech School when it came out and when it finally released for some reason it didn't interest me as much as it did prior to hitting store shelves. But good point with Haze and Lair lol... Never touched either of those games... never planned on it and never will. But maybe I should look into mass effect... Oh and about bioshock I got it for my computer... awesome game tho!
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 ps2forever
Member since 2004 • 580 Posts

Well, first of all the xbox 360 had a first start and it's appealing to the hardcore gamers like myself. I love XBL and what else can SONY offer once, MSG4, FF13, Little big planet, and killzone 2 and resitance come>? what happens after those games are realsesed? i think that Xbox still have plenty of more games, and it will continue to get stronger with it's lineup, and FAble 2 will be awsome. please, Sony will not be winning unless it comes up with a miracle once those games that i mentioned are being relased. uBut microsfot is on the midst of making xbox live 2.0 and i can't wait for that. Well, YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET. Sometimes having somethin free is always the BEST.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mau-Justice
[QUOTE="Mau-Justice"]

[QUOTE="XxAnubisxX"]Okay Im sorry I didn't notice until just after I posted... no reason to get hostileXxAnubisxX

No you're right I probably did make those statements but only to compare it to the 360 to find out information solely on the Xbox 360... I don't want to lead the subject astray but that was my reasoning for the post... To find out more about what xbox 360 has in store

Ok, now that's a little more reasonable.

http://xbox360.ign.com/index/release.html

http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

So lets work with facts. Take away MGS4 from PS3, and it really doesn't have a single decent exclusive that's dated yet, until 2009. I know it has plenty of good games announced, but not many will make 2008 as far as Exclusives.

The 360 lineup is actually very promising.
Gears 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Etc...just read the list.

A lot of the great games coming out this year will be multiplat, like Fallout3, Saints Row 2 etc...

Good luck, hope you find something worth playing. Again, sorry.

dizzykim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dizzykim
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts

The PS3 does have potential, I don't deny that...Time for them to start showing us though, less talk.
"Blue Ray will affect the quality of games" > Most PS3 multiplats get lower reviews.
etc, etc...

Right now my PS3 plays Tekken, and overpriced DVD's.

Mau-Justice

While you ask where Home is, I'd rather have them delay and give them a better chance to improve on the quality of the online experience. Also, with the recent string of honesty that Sony has displayed in press releases and such, I believe Sony is finally starting to realize the potential of their console.

This is mainly due the fact that the console's architecture is different than most developers have seen before. Comparing the Cell processor and a Dual-core CPU is meaningless -- they are different, both in the way they are used and the way that they handle operations. If you look at PC dual-core gaming, you see only a small difference in performance output compared to the projected output. Imagine trying to relate that to the Cell, especially when dual-core coding itself is in its infancy. The GPU is also a different story -- Sony took a long time trying to get used to nVidia's GPU after using their own GPU, so I'm surprised that other developers were able to get the quality they did with a new CPU to figure out, a new GPU and their operating system. However, one look at Heavenly Sword and you begin to realize that the first quote may have some truth to it. I have yet to see a game from this generation match the beauty of that game's graphics.

I don't know why you reference multiplatform games to debunk that quote about Blu-ray and the quality of games. Multiplatform games need to translate their code on multiple consoles, which takes an obscene amount of time.

I agree with you on this one, as I continually hear people saying that one certain game will be the only reason to buy a PS3. I would hope that, while Sony continues to match Microsoft's ability to produce quality games, they will become more diverse in the type of games that are quality. This is Microsoft's problem -- they are trying to do this, but for some reason are unable to do it effectively and consistently. Sony has a history of being able to do this, so I'm hopeful that they can repeat success.