Why Havent you bought Alan wake ?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

I just got this game today dirty cheap, And let me tell you it is AWESOME!

Never played anything like it, and it looks fantastic ( way better than reach ...) the gameplay is fun altho the levels seem to be a bit repetitive.

Why haveny you bought this game? and if you did what did you think of it?

I m on the 3nd episode and loving it so far, the story is superb, very underated game.

o0Pwnzorz0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 o0Pwnzorz0o
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts
Because I already have a bunch of games at the moment that I still have to beat and it just never appealed to me, maybe I will pick it up when I have some spare money. That time won't come for a while though lol.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I actually just bought it today. I missed it earlier this year when I had much less available money and opted for Red Dead instead.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I bought the limited edition on amazon last week. Great game. Actually, one of the best games I've played this gen.
Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

I have been waiting for a price drop and it was on sale last week at Walmart, but I didnt realize till after and missed out on it. I have been really wanting to play it lately and have been thinking on caving in and getting it, but I have other games to try and keep me occupied. I'm downloading ME2: lair of the shadow broker now

Ellimem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Ellimem
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

I still have it rated as my GotY. I bought the LE after I sent off my review copy. Glad I did, the soundtrack is awesome.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
It's been on my list for months. But my list also has games on it from '09.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

I already did

I wouldn't say it has the best graphics. Somtimes it's style works well, others it just doesn't.

I could definitely see how people call the combat reptitive, but I found it too satisfying to get bored of it.

I also really enjoyed the ending. I found it very fitting for the game.

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
I love this game. Bought it when it released. I think the reason is did so poorly in terms of sales was bad marketing by Microsoft. They didnt really push it. Plus, they released it the same day as Red Dead, which most people were going to buy since it appeals to that sandbox and shooter crowd. If you have played it, you knows its awesome. and Solid Tango, if you think the levels are repetitive, the only repetitive parts are forests. Further on, it gets more varied. You explore mines, saw mills, even a scene straight inspired from The Shining which is one of the scariest in the game.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#10 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts

I've been looking into it, I just don't have any money at the moment.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
I bought it a few weeks ago, played reach then went back to alan wake to finish all the collectibles. 1.5 episodes to go!
xXRukasuXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xXRukasuXx
Member since 2010 • 1647 Posts
I've wanted it for a while, I just never got to buying it.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I borrowed it from a friend back in June. It was really short so I am glad I did not spend any money on it.

Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Paynee
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

I would get it cause of all the great things I've heard about it, but I don't cause I can't play spooky games. I even freaked going into most of the Ruins in Oblivion.

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

I probably won't buy it for about a year.

Are_Ya_Ready

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Are_Ya_Ready
Member since 2005 • 1487 Posts
i got it.. it's boring
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

A friend bought it. Didn't like it. So now it's mine when I visit him lol.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Yes it is a great game...The DLC was awesome as well which is rare these days with all the crap floating around.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#19 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I bought it day one.................
DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DeadApeBladder
Member since 2009 • 692 Posts

Because its short and Black Friday is coming up in a month.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i bought it day one i finish the game on hard mode and i playing again on nightmare mode gorgeous game
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

i bought the limited edtion earlier this year and i loved it, i cant wait for the next piece of dlc to come out next week.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#23 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Alan Wake is good game, worthy of a playthrough. If you want a thrilling mind-blowing psychological thriller, actually the best there is on the XBOX 360, play Deadly Premonition.

Philosowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Philosowalrus
Member since 2010 • 43 Posts

I hugely regret buying it. The gameplay was repetitive, and the story was a horribly unsubtle Stephen King baiting piece of obvious. The best thing about the game was the amount of bad puns you could get from the title. Having said that, the graphics and lighting effects are excellent.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 EvilSelf

I hugely regret buying it. The gameplay was repetitive, and the story was a horribly unsubtle Stephen King baiting piece of obvious. The best thing about the game was the amount of bad puns you could get from the title. Having said that, the graphics and lighting effects are excellent.

Philosowalrus

QFT. The bolded part is the best part of the game. Of course, for a NON-Stephen King fans and readers, the story would look unique, but for those who are SK's fans is nothing under the sun. Good game, nevertheless...

kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts
I will be buying it soon actually, just been waiting for the price to go down to where I want it to be.
Nooberman2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nooberman2k
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts
Played it, finished it, played it through again straight after. I really enjoyed it, loved the characters, the story entertained me (anything King related entralls me) and the DLC has kept me occupied. I truly hope they provide us with a sequel.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#28 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Amazing game. I just can't afford games right now. Poor college student. :(
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I havent bought it because quite frankly it looks incredibly dull.

DaveCad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaveCad
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Got it through the post from lovefilm today. First 10 minutes are bloody scary! haha. Keeping me gripped though, pretty good...
Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
Easy. Money. I am flat broke.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I did buy it...stop yelling at me. :P

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
- Hearing that it was heavy on shooting downed my hype - I think it'll cost chump change over the holiday and black friday - Purchased other stuff
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i haven't bought it because it's not my type of game i'm more into shooters.

Philosowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Philosowalrus

[QUOTE="Philosowalrus"]

EvilSelf

QFT. The bolded part is the best part of the game. Of course, for a NON-Stephen King fans and readers, the story would look unique, but for those who are SK's fans is nothing under the sun. Good game, nevertheless...

I wouldn't say I was a fan of SK, I just noticed it as the game progressed and it dulled the impact. It was a shame for me because it was one of the games I really wanted to enjoy, given the hype and everything.

MystikRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MystikRex
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts
I did buy it. But I traded it in not long after the first piece of DLC came out. It is a good game but I'm not really missing it.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EvilSelf

I felt the same way. I was so hyped up for the game as i love the so called 'psychological thrillers". I am a big Twin Peaks/David Lunch fan and when Alan Wake was announced i was thrilled. I remember a month or so before its release i bought Deadly Premonition, which was slained for its outdated graophics and controls. I played and finished it, then bought Alan Wake and finished it once. I can tell you that Deadly Premonition has turned to be not only the better of the two but the best game in the genre i have ever played.

Philosowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Philosowalrus

I felt the same way. I was so hyped up for the game as i love the so called 'psychological thrillers". I am a big Twin Peaks/David Lunch fan and when Alan Wake was announced i was thrilled. I remember a month or so before its release i bought Deadly Premonition, which was slained for its outdated graophics and controls. I played and finished it, then bought Alan Wake and finished it once. I can tell you that Deadly Premonition has turned to be not only the better of the two but the best game in the genre i have ever played.

EvilSelf

Apparently the cafe at the start of the game is similar to one in Twin Peaks. A reference of sorts? (This is according to some friends, not me)

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts
I'm gonna be picking it up soon
Avatar image for logans122094360
logans122094360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 logans122094360
Member since 2010 • 327 Posts
I dont have the money right now
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

Philosowalrus

Apparently the cafe at the start of the game is similar to one in Twin Peaks. A reference of sorts? (This is according to some friends, not me)

Yes, it is. Alan Wake was supposed to be influenced by Twin Peaks. And it is, especially the area where everything takes place: the woods, the little town in the NorthWest of USA, the diner...etc...

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Alan Wake is my personal game of the year. As for Deadly Premonition, that game was incredibly dull.
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts
How long is Alan wake ?
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 EvilSelf

Alan Wake is my personal game of the year. As for Deadly Premonition, that game was incredibly dull. Doomtime

Well, i strongly believe you did not even finish DP. Of course if you are graphics guy you would say Alan Wake is better. Alan Wake is an 8 hour, repetative game with great graphics. Deadly Premonition is 40 hour game (completed on a 100 %) with RPG elements, GTA style city to explore, cars you can buy and upgrade, 50 rewarding side missions, inventory system and a strong and unbelievably good story, but without the graphics and controls of Alan Wake. Alan Wake had the backing of Microsoft, promoted for 6 years and sold peanuts. DP was promoted by nobody, yes, nobody and during its release date it was the highest-selling game in its release week on Amazon.

Anyway, opinions are opinions and i respect yours.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 EvilSelf

How long is Alan wake ? SpArKs424

8-10 hours.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Alan Wake is a great game. Looking forward to the DLC that comes out on the 12th.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="Doomtime"]Alan Wake is my personal game of the year. As for Deadly Premonition, that game was incredibly dull. EvilSelf

Well, i strongly believe you did not even finish DP. Of course if you are graphics guy you would say Alan Wake is better. Alan Wake is an 8 hour, repetative game with great graphics. Deadly Premonition is 40 hour game (completed on a 100 %) with RPG elements, GTA style city to explore, cars you can buy and upgrade, 50 rewarding side missions, inventory system and a strong and unbelievably good story, but without the graphics and controls of Alan Wake. Alan Wake had the backing of Microsoft, promoted for 6 years and sold peanuts. DP was promoted by nobody, yes, nobody and during its release date it was the highest-selling game in its release week on Amazon.

Seems like a classic case of two gamers who prefer different style games ;)
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

[QUOTE="Doomtime"]Alan Wake is my personal game of the year. As for Deadly Premonition, that game was incredibly dull. firefox59

Seems like a classic case of two gamers who prefer different style games ;)

Not exactly true. Both claimed to be "psychological thrillers", but both achieved it through different means.:)

Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

I bought it a couple months ago and I REALLY like it. The atmosphere is really creepy. Haven't had too much time for gaming. My husband has taken control over the television. He's determined to beat Final Fantasy XIII. He was ahead of me, but it's going to take him even longer now that he started over.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#50 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Alan Wake is awesome. I can't wait for the second DLC, The Writer.