why do xbox online play need money$$????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alexpkmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alexpkmon
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
and ps3 do not
they are both the same
this sux
I won't pay for playing online
Avatar image for TaintedSaint666
TaintedSaint666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 TaintedSaint666
Member since 2007 • 400 Posts

Don't pay then and stop moaning.

For the record, they aren't the same. Live has a better interface and dedicated servers.

And there's no 'dollar sign' in the word money.

shotputking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 shotputking
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts

and ps3 do not
they are both the same
this sux
I won't pay for playing onlinealexpkmon

you, sir, are a scholar and a gentlemen. and to answer your question, please, feel free to never go on xbox live again, and we will all be much better off.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

MS charge for it because they can, and because they provide a better service.

PS3 online and 360 online are NOT the same, and if you have spent a lot of time using both you would know.

The 360 dashboard has a lot of really useful features it has had since launch, that the PS3 still doesn't have, and this makes online gaming much easier. A lot of these features are completely free to use, and you get them with Silver membership, you just can't play in games to see the full benefit.

SDOT55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 SDOT55
Member since 2008 • 250 Posts

For the record, they aren't the same. Live has a better interface and dedicated servers.

TaintedSaint666

[Applause]

You said the same thing I was thinking. Have you even played PS3 or Wii online? They are nothing compared to Xbox Live. And the price for Xbox Live is much better than the prices on PC games. $8 a month, $25 for 3 months, $50 for a year. If you dont want to pay for the best online gaming around, get a PS3. Or you can play by yourself and be bored out of your mind.

Tak182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tak182
Member since 2003 • 72 Posts
because it costs money to provide online play...
Avatar image for insomniac_loser
insomniac_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 insomniac_loser
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts
how many times do we have to re-hash why we pay? jeez people its pretty obvious.
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
[QUOTE="TaintedSaint666"]

SDOT55

Applause

You said the same thing I was thinking. Have you even played PS3 or Wii online? They are nothing compared to Xbox Live. And the price for Xbox Live is much better than the prices on PC games. $8 a month, $25 for 3 months, $50 for a year. If you dont want to pay for the best online gaming around, get a PS3. Or you can play by yourself and be bored out of your mind.

Fanboy much? It's the same online, hardly any difference...I would know because I have both systems and multiplatform games on both systems run the same, same online >_>
wildcat37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 wildcat37
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

and ps3 do not
they are both the same
this sux

they are not the same, i doubt you've played both if you think xbox live isn't worth the $50 a year

Diehardgames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Diehardgames2
Member since 2007 • 1018 Posts

TaintedSaint666

Exactly. Also, deticated servers cost money which is another reason why XBL is a pay to play service.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

and ps3 do not
they are both the same
this sux

System Wars please.

AlwaysHaveHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 AlwaysHaveHope
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
Don't be cheap.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Xbox live is slightly better than PS3, with less lag, cut-offs, and some cool features. However, PSN will be getting all the features that live has at e3, so micro better cut the price of live, I'd like it to be $30. Live is better than psn, but not worth $60, and if you think it is, you are blind.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
its like $4 a month... People pay much more than that for World of Warcraft and they don't complain, and if you have lag free servers and people who don't whine about tiny fees, then I think Live players are much better off paying.

And besides, of the money goes to Microsoft, that helps them fund expansion of the service and motivates them to improve it, whereas the lack of motivation present in both the Wii and the PS3 definately shows...
JCM28PR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JCM28PR
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts
The $50 a year are worth it. Xbox Live is better than PS3 and Wii online services.
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
live isn't worth 50 bucks imo. but i pay it because i have to. why do you think ms charges for it, because people will pay for it if they want to play online. it's all greed. it isn't a much better service, i play games online for that reason, not to be able to view my friends friends, personal networking, or anything like that. i play the games to have fun, and the fun part of xbox live is playing games online. last time i checked, sony has ms matched on playing games online. silver accounts should be able to play online without having to have all the other stuff, and then people could pay 50 bucks a year to get all the other things besides online play. now the wii just has terrible online service, and i dont think nintendo seriously thinks people want online play, even though everyone begs for it to be better.
sdxermacx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 sdxermacx
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts
My uncle has a PS3 it took over a hour to download a update restense fall of man it was so annying.
TheNumber_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheNumber_12
Member since 2007 • 495 Posts
GamesRadar did an in-depth analysis comparing Xbox-Live to it's free equivalents such as PSN and that new Valve thing and all they could deduce is that the $50 get's you a unified friends list and that is Live's only advantage, they also stated that the new Valve service is far superior to both PSN and Xbox Live.
Bullet_Holes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bullet_Holes
Member since 2006 • 1330 Posts
It is because we pay money that almost every game has multiplayer. Even arcade games that would normally never have it end up having multiplayer. Developers have to do barely anything to get their games to play online. The devs of Call of Duty 4 payed another company for the multiplayer for PS3, whereas they did not have to do this for Xbox 360.