TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

I price matched the deluxe ed at bestbuy for $12. This game is awesome, I've been playing for 4 hours on just the MP (sorry for my level 1 noobness to whom I played with). It's a lot of fun and I haven't started the story yet.

Maybe it's because this is my first ME and I'm not comparing to the trilogy (which I've heard are masterpieces). I'm just wondering why there was so much hate now that I've sat down and played it.

No drama here, just a topic to discuss. See y'all on Andromeda.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

The MP is ok-ish at best.

"I haven't started the story yet"

You have played only the combat portions of the game, which is ok. But what makes you think the game is awesome by only the MP alone for me is a mystery, it wasn't that great.

Listing everything that made the game a disappointment is beating a rotten horse corpse at this point, there's a reasaon why they shut down the studio that made the game after the backlash.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TurboGraphix

The gameplay is smooth and the teamwork needed makes it a lot of fun. At least for those 4 hours, folks were reviving, cover firing, etc. It's also very simple, that's what I like most about it.

Multiplayer decides whether I keep a game or not, so MP is priority over story for me. (For your mystery, lol).

Folks make it seem like it's such a bad game, turns it out its a fun MP game.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

It's a solid game that I enjoyed overall (campaign only - never played MP)... it's just not on the same level as the original trilogy.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Don't know, but I haven't finished it yet, around a dozen or so hours in. Enjoyed what I played so far and the only reason I put it aside for now is because I'm taking a little break from the AAA RPG games, they are very time consuming and these days I am trying to clear a lot of the shorter games from my backlog before going back to Andromeda or Fallout 4.

I will say that the beginning didn't feel as strong as the beginning of Mass Effect 1, but I still enjoyed it and definitely want to keep playing it as soon as I get a chance.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TurboGraphix
@Alucard_Prime said:

Don't know, but I haven't finished it yet, around a dozen or so hours in. Enjoyed what I played so far and the only reason I put it aside for now is because I'm taking a little break from the AAA RPG games, they are very time consuming and these days I am trying to clear a lot of the shorter games from my backlog before going back to Andromeda or Fallout 4.

I will say that the beginning didn't feel as strong as the beginning of Mass Effect 1, but I still enjoyed it and definitely want to keep playing it as soon as I get a chance.

I hear you on it not being as fulfilling as the first. I feel that way about many games too. Can't wait to start the campaign. I'm almost done with FFXV, then I'll start this game's story. I kinda hate I have to rush FFXV, but I've been putting it off too long.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

It's a solid game that I enjoyed overall (campaign only - never played MP)... it's just not on the same level as the original trilogy.

Nice, can't wait to start the campaign. The trilogy issue makes sense. I'd give someone the same answer if they dare compare gears 4 to gears 1, or Street fighter V to sf3, so and so fourth.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

To date, MA: A has the weakest story in the entire series. Furthermore, it has some serious graphical issues (bugs, glitches) that have never been part of the other games. The previous Mass Effect games were known for their strong narrative, but you won't find that with this game. The gameplay is pretty good, but overall it is a pretty mixed bag.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

It's a good game, just not a good Mass Effect game. It doesn't even compare to the original trilogy.

Weaker, but has potential, story, characters aren't as compelling, and graphics and animations are probably this biggest problem I had with it.

Crimson_Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Crimson_Reaper
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

I enjoyed my time with it and I don't think it's as bad as people made out, The biggest flaws now are some of the dialogue being quite amateur and visual glitches but I believe it's the massive hype the game had though and the infamous bugs/glitches on day one that forever doomed the game. No patches or updates would make it recover.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

I didn't like the combat at all, it sucks. The animations were trash on release along with other bugs, the characters and story are forgettable and boring. The forced politics are unnecessary and unbearable.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

On release it rivaled a bethesda game. Other than that, You'd want to kill the writters of this game. Dialogue and character interactions are like in one of those lame hyperlow budget CGI animation films, insulting and not ok, fine or however some people like to put it. It also makes no canonical sense while there are blatant plotholes everywhere.

Id argue that it is as bad as people say.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Maps are pretty barren with basic structures, could have possibly dialed the open world elements down a bit for smaller more detailed environments a la Tomb Raider reboot and the previous games in ME Series( maybe more smaller detailed spots per planet rather than one large map).

That being said, i enjoyed the game and the story, combat and weapons were enjoyable. Will def. Go through again if it gets x1xd up. Multiplayer is fun for short bursts here n there.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Missed potential mostly. It wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, but bad enough to signal an end to the series.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@TurboGraphix said:

I price matched the deluxe ed at bestbuy for $12. This game is awesome, I've been playing for 4 hours on just the MP (sorry for my level 1 noobness to whom I played with). It's a lot of fun and I haven't started the story yet.

Maybe it's because this is my first ME and I'm not comparing to the trilogy (which I've heard are masterpieces). I'm just wondering why there was so much hate now that I've sat down and played it.

No drama here, just a topic to discuss. See y'all on Andromeda.

I enjoyed it for many hours. I believe about 18. The combat mechanics are better, exploring in land vehicle and crafting is way better than the trilogy.

The narrative, characters, enemies and new races are all blah. None of it drew me in like the original trilogy did. And lets be real here, those are major parts of the hook to Mass Effect.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I don't get what some people are whining about. MEA is a great game with good combat mechanics and story. The original trilogy was good too but it wasn't as brilliant as some people are making it out to be. Each Mass Effect is good in its own way - including this one.

My fave Mass Effects are probably 2 and 3 - but MEA stands on its own and spins quite a good tale as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Don't hate it, I have it I just haven't started it yet.

tonylogan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tonylogan007
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Agreed. Pretty good game IMHO, had a bad release and everything, but still pretty good. Looks great, combat is fun, story is ok.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

It rolled out with an unacceptable amount of glitches, bugs and animation goofs for a big AAA game. That's why. It became obvious that this was a rushed and half-assed project. Yes, they made sure the gameplay and combat were solid, if nothing else. Yes they wound up fixing the biggest bugs. But the initial lack of polish did all the damage, and some animations just couldn't be fixed because of the system they used for cutscene generation. There's plenty of Youtube videos detailing just how garbage the animation work is for a big budget studio, when you compare it to games like The Witcher 3, a much smaller indie studio, producing results so good that again, its embarrassing that a AAA title like ME:A was ever even released.

All that aside, I enjoy it for what it is (a game I only paid $12 for too haha). The game is essentially dead, the developer shutdown and no more updates. They canceled the DLC expansions. That also means no X1X enhancement.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

It's a fun game, a good game.

It's just not worthy of the Mass Effect title.

Also, it's development is riddled with chaos, for lack of a better phrase; they outsourced it to their B-team (when it should have gotten 110% of the attention of their best people), was rushed, had a lot of bugs, and so forth.

In the end it was a lot of drama over intangible stuff, and after some fixes it was a fun game.

rGStarFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rGStarFox

problem i found with this game was the Graphics it was no where near the standard i thought it would be from a studio like that they tried doing patches to improve the problems but alot of backlash from the commuinty and how they was focusing Anthem more than Andromeda, that said i still enjoyed the game and wish people would give it a chance

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Don't hate it, I have it I just haven't started it yet.

7 months later and I still haven't got around to playing it, maybe over the xmas break.

lx_goldne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lx_goldne

good bro

artillery77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 artillery77
Member since 2016 • 68 Posts

Love the multiplayer! Still play it daily. The combos and team works are just fun. The singleplayer is good too and it's a very big game. The facial animation where really what started the hate. Picking up from all the whiny babies from me3! Me3 was a masterpiece btw. But the patches fixed the faces and the game is great.

XboxGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By XboxGates

I dont h8 u

lilhurk1985187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By lilhurk1985187
Member since 2014 • 571 Posts

I liked MEA far more than ME3 and ME2. It had its little problems with the animations (backward gun fire) but nothing too serious. I wish they would have released DLC but the perfectionists and the people who cfied about the lack of hour glass shaped super models ruined it. As a stand alone ME game,its a really good game,but not when you compare it to yhe original trilogy.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

The game is good. I think it had a bad launch but now it’s one of those things that people love to hate. I started playing it way after the drama and got it at a steep discount and it’s been fun. Played and completed the original trilogy. Not sure how people are saying the animations and combat is bad and they’ve played the original because to me it feels the same if not a little better. First game was a snooze fest which picked up at the end. ME2 is my favorite and ME3 was a let down but all have been decent games. Andromeda is no different.

InuboyNetwork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By InuboyNetwork
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

I dont like it that much because it's just boring honestly.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@TurboGraphix: Actually I quite enjoyed the game!

PS360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PS360
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

I thought it was very 8/10, not as bad as it was made to appear but it didn't grasp me like the other three games did.

Dave462a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dave462a
Member since 2015 • 142 Posts

I personally liked the game but I think people felt it should of spent longer in development then there was the Anthem and mass effect dispute then EA shutdown the Mass Effect studio so it highly unlikely we will see a mass effect Andromeda follow up I think that's what the team would of liked I personally think they should of put the Mass Effect Trilogy on to the PS4/Xbox One to try and get a bit of credibility back