Why do i have 50% bad rep?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rising_Star89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rising_Star89
Member since 2003 • 344 Posts
i have checked my reputation on my xbox gamertag and it says that 50% avoid me, and yet i don't think i have done anything wrong, i never shout out abuse to anyone (i don't even use a microphone), and i mostly finish the games I start, it's very rare that i quit a game before it finishes. Also, when i look at the rep details where it explains why people gave you bad rep (unsporting, aggressive etc) it all comes up with 0%, so what could i possibly be doing to annoy people if i always finish my games and never shout abuse at people?
andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
People can avoid you if they think you're too good or too bad at playing the game, I dont think they show up on the review thing
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts

You can't check who did it or anything, but there's a breakdown beside the 50% saying exactly what it's from.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Who cares? All it means is that your less likely to run into those people again, which is a good thing.
KarateDude2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KarateDude2
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts
When I beat people on Fifa they usally sometimes avoid because some people dont wont to play you again because of losing. They even give me bad rep for communications trash talking when I dont even use the mic much or msg them lol.
Rising_Star89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rising_Star89

Who cares? All it means is that your less likely to run into those people again, which is a good thing.capthavic

but don't you lose stars on your gamertag? it wouldn't be very good if i end up with a low amount of stars, it would sort of make me look like a nasty person to play with

KarateDude2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KarateDude2
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts

[QUOTE="capthavic"]Who cares? All it means is that your less likely to run into those people again, which is a good thing.StuartMcKenzie

but don't you lose stars on your gamertag? it wouldn't be very good if i end up with a low amount of stars, it would sort of make me look like a nasty person to play with

Yeah you can lose stars on your rep if alot of ppl give you bad rep. But ppl give you bad rep for beating them on a game. Reputation does not really matter t be honest.
diablobasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 diablobasher
Member since 2004 • 5088 Posts

I have 80% avoided due to 87% Unsporting Conduct and 13% Disruptive Communication.

I can understand the disruptive comms, I choose not to wear a mic and so that seems a little unsociable, and in team games could be construed as disruptive. Which is fine.

But the unsporting conduct I plain dont understand, I mean i'm not even that good, sure I PWN at doom, and in one on one matches I usually end up winning because lets face it, a lot of people on XBL wouldnt know strategy if it smacked them in the face.

But overall im average, so I really dont understand why i've been avoided for unsporting conduct.

That said my profile still has 5 stars so I dont care.

Metawave1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Metawave1975
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts
I feel your pain, well, 34% of it, I am rated 34% bad and if I say something bad its only ever shut up when somebodys being racist, I say good game at the end of every match, and good luck before, I never get worked up and be abusive either, I think the problem is that people missue the system.
elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
People give bad rep to those with no mics.
Rising_Star89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rising_Star89
as i mentioned before, i never wear a microphone, so there is one reason why, and the other is my poor skills in halo 3, im not very good at it, another possible reason could be lag as well
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
i have quite a bit of bad rep from Cod4 just from beating people. especially in 1 vs 1 matches
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

it's very rare that i quit a game before it finishes. StuartMcKenzie

I always give bad rep to quitters there is absolutely no excuse for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
some people are just jealous that you win or something. it's just to annoy you. i have some bad rep supposedly from being unsporting and being abusive over the mic, but I never use my mic unless i'm with friends or something. don't worry. nobody cares about rep.
Rising_Star89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rising_Star89

[QUOTE="StuartMcKenzie"] it's very rare that i quit a game before it finishes. MentatAssassin

sometimes there is a good excuse behind it and you can't do anything about it, for example if im over at my relatives house and im playing halo 3 online, and then my parents want to leave, i can't tell them to wait 15 minutes to finish the game, and another example is sometimes i get kicked off the tv because another family member wants to watch a tv show and they don't want to miss out on the first 10 minutes of their show because of my game

I agree it is very annoying when someone leaves a game early, which is why i always try to finish every match, it's just unfortunate that some of these circumstances occur from time to time, and surely you have had to leave a game early because of important matters that you must attend to.

I am not one of those people who quits a game because they don't like the game type or map, whenever i quit a game early it is for a good reason.

I completly understand why you would give someone bad rep for quitting early, but im just saying that sometimes there is a good reason behind it because of unavoidable circumstances, these circumstances don't happen often, which is why i rarely quit a game

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

all the people that gave me bad rep gave me because I leave games before they end.

Although I only do those under 2 circunstances: 1-> I'm lagging horribly, making it impossible to play.
2-> I got a friend invitation to play another game, and the people I'm playing with are annoying.

I always give good rep to nice guys and I make sure to mute and give bad rep to jack@$$es.

Nick_D7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Nick_D7
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

When I beat people on Fifa they usally sometimes avoid because some people dont wont to play you again because of losing. They even give me bad rep for communications trash talking when I dont even use the mic much or msg them lol.KarateDude2

Same here, I don't use a mic, never team kill. Yet people leave me bad feedback for trash talking and being unsporting.

I take no notice of it anymore

dandyman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dandyman94
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

i have checked my reputation on my xbox gamertag and it says that 50% avoid me, and yet i don't think i have done anything wrong, i never shout out abuse to anyone (i don't even use a microphone), and i mostly finish the games I start, it's very rare that i quit a game before it finishes. Also, when i look at the rep details where it explains why people gave you bad rep (unsporting, aggressive etc) it all comes up with 0%, so what could i possibly be doing to annoy people if i always finish my games and never shout abuse at people?StuartMcKenzie

Have you been in a lot of matches? cus if you havent it might mean that only couple people have submited a player review on you and they have given you 50% bad rep

smurfboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 smurfboi
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts
If someone keeps getting killed by you or gets really frusrated by how good you are they give you bad rep as a way of getting revenge. You havent actually done anything wrong. My friend has been given bad rep for trash talk and hes never used the microphone.
diablobasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 diablobasher
Member since 2004 • 5088 Posts
[QUOTE="MentatAssassin"]

[QUOTE="StuartMcKenzie"] it's very rare that i quit a game before it finishes. StuartMcKenzie

sometimes there is a good excuse behind it and you can't do anything about it, for example if im over at my relatives house and im playing halo 3 online, and then my parents want to leave, i can't tell them to wait 15 minutes to finish the game, and another example is sometimes i get kicked off the tv because another family member wants to watch a tv show and they don't want to miss out on the first 10 minutes of their show because of my game

Those are not good excuses.

Why should the other person care that you don't have your own space to play your own games? And if you're on a time limit and know you wont have time to finish a match, dont start one. Simple as.

I'm sick of people spewing weak excuses like this and trying to pass them off as excusable. The fact you are using a communal television, or playing at a reletives house is nothing to do with the other person, the only thing that matters is that you quit.

At least come up with a legitimate excuse like your 360 exploded and your house is burning down, dont inflict your inability to control your own leasure time on other people. And yes this all sounds very harsh, but i'm not some kind of multiplaya fanatacist extremist, I dont even play multiplayer. I just beleive that if you know you might cause an inconvenience to another person by doing something that can be wholly avoided, you shouldn't be an inconsiderate nark.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

mines at 35%

my friends is at 8%

we teabagged during our halo 3 days.

on COD4 we don't really do anything, except play the game.

people get pissed you pwned them and give you bad rep for the hell of it.