Why did you buy a X360 ?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

prefer the titles on xbox, plus i already had live from halo 2 days and wanted to keep my friends list

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
Back in '07, a friend of mine was selling his along with four controllers and Halo 3 for 60 Kuwaiti Dinars (which is now the equivalent of about $208). And to think I was saving up for a PS3... :lol:
zombiechief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 zombiechief
Member since 2009 • 183 Posts

i got it for halo but got so much more out of it

marlboro78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 marlboro78
Member since 2004 • 48 Posts

I bought my 360 for oblivion.

voodooline0110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 voodooline0110
Member since 2008 • 452 Posts
I have had two 360s. My first one was because i wanted a Nex-Gen. It RROD about 11mths later. Went to wii and psp. Once i saw fallout3 i had to have it. My 2nd was for Fallout3. Best purchase ive made.
BurnieSixer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 BurnieSixer
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Because I fell in love with the controller the first time I picked it up, and also for my everlasting loyalty to the Xbox system.
B055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 B055
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts

After owning the Wii for 2 years realised it wasnt the right console for me. Picked up an xbox 360 to fill the lackluster Wii library.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#58 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Because at the time, I was so sick and fed up with the unreliability of Sony PS2's I'd had, that I thought Microsoft would have to be better at making a reliable console than Sony was proving to me. Strangely enough, the one RRoD I did have with an original-series Premium wasn't even related to the console, but because the hard drive in the thing had failed. But I am grateful for having the Falcon (2nd rev) Elite now, since it runs significantly cooler than the original-model did. And at least unlike the ps3, improvements in power consumption and making a cooler-running console hasn't meant sacrificing useful features like backward-compatibility. My 60GB ps3 really heats up the room after a long play session, but I would be a damned fool to trade that in for any of the existing models now.
wushiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 wushiko
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts
i got it for RE5
catrocr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 catrocr
Member since 2004 • 1127 Posts
[QUOTE="codezer0"]Because at the time, I was so sick and fed up with the unreliability of Sony PS2's I'd had, that I thought Microsoft would have to be better at making a reliable console than Sony was proving to me. Strangely enough, the one RRoD I did have with an original-series Premium wasn't even related to the console, but because the hard drive in the thing had failed. But I am grateful for having the Falcon (2nd rev) Elite now, since it runs significantly cooler than the original-model did. And at least unlike the ps3, improvements in power consumption and making a cooler-running console hasn't meant sacrificing useful features like backward-compatibility. My 60GB ps3 really heats up the room after a long play session, but I would be a damned fool to trade that in for any of the existing models now.

Wow, that is so odd. I had a PS2 from 2001 to 2007 and I played the bejeezus out of that thing and never had any problems with it. I never heard of anyone having problems with the PS2. Now the PS1 I had one problem with, but only after several years of playing it. But in September of '07, I happened to finally get to test out Forza Motorsport 2 at a local Target, and I fell in love with it. I bought an Elite 360 right then and there with Forza, Gears 1, and Madden '08.
xXMETSXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 xXMETSXx
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts

lots of my friends had it and it had some great games.

PrivateJessard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 PrivateJessard
Member since 2005 • 1257 Posts

Halo 3

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
It was on sale at Sams Club or something
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

For Mass Effect and Forza

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 codezer0
[QUOTE="catrocr"]Wow, that is so odd. I had a PS2 from 2001 to 2007 and I played the bejeezus out of that thing and never had any problems with it. I never heard of anyone having problems with the PS2. Now the PS1 I had one problem with, but only after several years of playing it. But in September of '07, I happened to finally get to test out Forza Motorsport 2 at a local Target, and I fell in love with it. I bought an Elite 360 right then and there with Forza, Gears 1, and Madden '08.

And yet around here, I don't kn ow of anyone that is trustworthy and played their PlayStations frequently like I did w/o having at least one go south on them, either from disc read errors or plain old hardware death. That doesn't even account for the innumerable amount of games I'd had over the years that these systems have otherwise shredded, including a brand new copy of MGS4 that my first PS3 decided to gouge the hell out of. I think I'd have a stroke if I did the math on all the games that my PS1's and PS2's have rendered unplayable, especially since a fair few of them were really rare and games I genuinely enjoyed. :cry: I've been through 3 ps1's, on my third ps2, and currently my fourth ps3 (all 60gb models). Comparatively, I've only had ONE true RRoD, and the console was otherwise still fine when Best Buy tested it before replacing it - it was that the hard drive failed on the system. Since then, I've used the replacement plan once more to upgrade to an Elite, and that too has been humming along w/o issue. As far as games go, Gears of War was the first game that really indicated that I really wanted a 360. The satisfying nature of a chainsaw kill in that game just reeked of awesome.
catrocr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 catrocr
[QUOTE="codezer0"][QUOTE="catrocr"]Wow, that is so odd. I had a PS2 from 2001 to 2007 and I played the bejeezus out of that thing and never had any problems with it. I never heard of anyone having problems with the PS2. Now the PS1 I had one problem with, but only after several years of playing it. But in September of '07, I happened to finally get to test out Forza Motorsport 2 at a local Target, and I fell in love with it. I bought an Elite 360 right then and there with Forza, Gears 1, and Madden '08.

And yet around here, I don't kn ow of anyone that is trustworthy and played their PlayStations frequently like I did w/o having at least one go south on them, either from disc read errors or plain old hardware death. That doesn't even account for the innumerable amount of games I'd had over the years that these systems have otherwise shredded, including a brand new copy of MGS4 that my first PS3 decided to gouge the hell out of. I think I'd have a stroke if I did the math on all the games that my PS1's and PS2's have rendered unplayable, especially since a fair few of them were really rare and games I genuinely enjoyed. :cry: I've been through 3 ps1's, on my third ps2, and currently my fourth ps3 (all 60gb models). Comparatively, I've only had ONE true RRoD, and the console was otherwise still fine when Best Buy tested it before replacing it - it was that the hard drive failed on the system. Since then, I've used the replacement plan once more to upgrade to an Elite, and that too has been humming along w/o issue. As far as games go, Gears of War was the first game that really indicated that I really wanted a 360. The satisfying nature of a chainsaw kill in that game just reeked of awesome.

You're on your FOURTH PS3? I thought those things were bulletproof! Please explain. I'm on my 2nd 360after 2 years--2 years of playing the thing like 4-6 hours EVERY DAY. Got the E74 error and now I have the new Arcade Jasper.
theunloved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#67 theunloved
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts

To play video games.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

I bought mine a year ago because I played skate at my cousins house and got addicted, my 360 already broke though so I gotta send it in soon

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 codezer0
[QUOTE="catrocr"]You're on your FOURTH PS3? I thought those things were bulletproof! Please explain. I'm on my 2nd 360after 2 years--2 years of playing the thing like 4-6 hours EVERY DAY. Got the E74 error and now I have the new Arcade Jasper.

By the time I could afford one, Sony stopped manufacturing any that had any BC, and soft-BC units were both in short supply, and would glitch on too many games in my library, according to Sony. So, I had to go the used/refurb route. PS3 #1 - refurb from failstop. within a week of getting MGS4, it gouged the hell out of the disc, and cutscenes were skipping constantly as a result. PS3 #2 - had to drive another 20+ miles to another failstop to get this one. It was already overheating just at the XMB, and HOWLED with fan noise playing any game at all, even if it wasn't via disc. PS3 #3 - I got this one from my brother, in exchange for buying him an MGS4 bundle. He sent me the copy of the game that it came with, and his 60gig. Its GPU failed, with artifacts showing up within minutes, and constant lockups otherwise. Despite my irritations and explaining these circumstances, Sony wouldn't help me at all, until I ponied up the $150 ransom they wanted for repair. I was also scared, because there were stories coming around that Sony was simply replacing full-BC units for no-BC units. But I did get a new 60gig back, because the serial #'s don't match compared to what I sent in. It runs hot as **** but it works. And as long as it does work, I'll leave it at that.
coltonnaslund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 coltonnaslund
Member since 2005 • 3793 Posts

because of Halo 3....too bad it flopped....now I modded it and can't play online annymore....kinda regret that decision, but whatever

Lythiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Lythiris
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

It only had a few exclusives I was interested in, vs. Wii that only had one, and PS3 that had zip. Everything else was multiplayform. So it wasn't too hard of a choice.

WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

I owned an Xbox and loved all of the games for it, and I was really excited for the Xbox 360 and all the new features. Plus, the games coming out on it had me super-hyped. This isn't a fanboy statement, but the Xbox 360 has the best games for it in my opinion.

catrocr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 catrocr
[QUOTE="codezer0"][QUOTE="catrocr"]You're on your FOURTH PS3? I thought those things were bulletproof! Please explain. I'm on my 2nd 360after 2 years--2 years of playing the thing like 4-6 hours EVERY DAY. Got the E74 error and now I have the new Arcade Jasper.

By the time I could afford one, Sony stopped manufacturing any that had any BC, and soft-BC units were both in short supply, and would glitch on too many games in my library, according to Sony. So, I had to go the used/refurb route. PS3 #1 - refurb from failstop. within a week of getting MGS4, it gouged the hell out of the disc, and cutscenes were skipping constantly as a result. PS3 #2 - had to drive another 20+ miles to another failstop to get this one. It was already overheating just at the XMB, and HOWLED with fan noise playing any game at all, even if it wasn't via disc. PS3 #3 - I got this one from my brother, in exchange for buying him an MGS4 bundle. He sent me the copy of the game that it came with, and his 60gig. Its GPU failed, with artifacts showing up within minutes, and constant lockups otherwise. Despite my irritations and explaining these circumstances, Sony wouldn't help me at all, until I ponied up the $150 ransom they wanted for repair. I was also scared, because there were stories coming around that Sony was simply replacing full-BC units for no-BC units. But I did get a new 60gig back, because the serial #'s don't match compared to what I sent in. It runs hot as **** but it works. And as long as it does work, I'll leave it at that.

Wow, you have the worst luck with Sony than anyone I have ever heard of. But it does confirm my suspicion that the PS3 has had GPU and DVD problems as well, though not nearly as bad as the 360 and not nearly as publicized.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Because I wanted it. I guess for the Live service as well.

Saulgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Saulgill
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

because games stopped coming out on the xbox

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts

Because the family 360 broke, and I didn't want to share.

starman4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 starman4
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts

i bought mine last year coming from a ps2 and a gamecube because of halo and had fallen in love.

whyd you buy yours?

jimmydean1

same here, almost. i had a ps2 and thought it was time, given the incredible prices of the x-box 360 compared to the ps3, to buy the next generation console.

i started playing my x-box 360 again last night. i am playing leisure suit larry: box office bust. its been stamped a terrible game by gamespot, but i disagree somewhat.

iShane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 iShane
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts
Mostly friends, which I suppose isn't the best reason. I don't regret it though, by any means.
dracos9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79 dracos9000
Member since 2006 • 1318 Posts

bought one because of 3 reasons.

1. I had an xbox

2. I had a ton of xbox games

3. I traded the xbox and all my games which allowed me to get 360 for free plus two games.

DavidRswii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#80 DavidRswii
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

Because the Wii was getting boring i needed a real gaming console haha

HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

Seriously I bought mine for the Gears of War series. I love that series.

kramer_inc
same here. . :P.. and also Ninja gaiden and DOA4..
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#82 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts

I bought the XBOX 360 because I am a troll. I enjoy making other people angry and joking with mah broskis online.

I bought the XBOX 360 because at the time, Ps3 was 600$ and HAD NO GAEMZ and the Wii couldn't have entertained a six year old.

I bought the XBOX 360 because XBL is full of overcompetitive, rude, loud, racious players who don't want much more then a goods hours worth of gameplay, cussing and general cruelty to other people to beat the pressure of a hard days work out of their system and I lovve hearing the complaints when I make my Halo 3 Spartan make sweet, sweet love to the hood of a warthog instead of saving our flag.

I enjoy making people angry, making my freinds laugh and playing a few truly interesting games by myself when I need to serriously game.

Troll for life, XBro at heart.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
reason first coming first and i have xbox reason two gears halo forza fable pgr series reason 3 team ninja and mistwalker games
badhoagie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 badhoagie91
Member since 2007 • 731 Posts

Played th CoD2 Demo at Best Buy and was sold.

Blodbad_DK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Blodbad_DK
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts
Oblivion. Bought it on release. Haven't looked back. Never play PC games anymore and don't plan to.
AnimesparaGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AnimesparaGS
Maybe...
No_Quoter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 No_Quoter
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts
E305 pretty much made my mind up for me as to which console I would be getting first.
bmorgan300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 bmorgan300
Member since 2009 • 150 Posts
i won mine in a tenpin bowling tournament =) haha
skysurf51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 skysurf51
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I bought my 360 in October 2007.

I wasn't interested in the Wii.

The PS3 was too expensive, had less games, and did not seem to be superior to the 360. I didn't care too much for blu ray, not having an HDTV at the time (actually I still don't care for blu ray, even though I have an hdtv).

I liked the 360 controller better, although I later realized that it sucks majorly for fighting games.

It was an easy choice then. The only thing that had me thinking was the RRoD issue.

If I had to made that choice now, I would consider the PS3 more seriously, now that the prices are similar.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I bought a 360 because of the games.

candy2882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 candy2882
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

I bought it 'cause it is cheaper than PS3 and has nice exclusives (and it looks good :))

catrocr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 catrocr

I bought the XBOX 360 because I am a troll. I enjoy making other people angry and joking with mah broskis online.

I bought the XBOX 360 because at the time, Ps3 was 600$ and HAD NO GAEMZ and the Wii couldn't have entertained a six year old.

I bought the XBOX 360 because XBL is full of overcompetitive, rude, loud, racious players who don't want much more then a goods hours worth of gameplay, cussing and general cruelty to other people to beat the pressure of a hard days work out of their system and I lovve hearing the complaints when I make my Halo 3 Spartan make sweet, sweet love to the hood of a warthog instead of saving our flag.

I enjoy making people angry, making my freinds laugh and playing a few truly interesting games by myself when I need to serriously game.

Troll for life, XBro at heart.

phynixblack
Cool story bro.
jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

Because most of my friends had it and after I played it I wanted to get it, so I did

Ellimem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94 Ellimem
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

Already owned a Wii and didn't feel like spending 500$ on a PS3. I got it for Assassin's Creed and Halo 3. Good purchase I think.

Ended up getting a PS3 when price dropped to 400$, once again for a single game (MGS4)

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts
I got it for the Gears of War and Halo 3.
Dannipulsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dannipulsa
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

All of my friends had gotten one so I bought one.

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
xbox live
hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#98 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

My bro got it way back in fall of '06, from a barber shop for $299.99 instead of $399.99. (the 20 GIG)

so it was a very good deal, then we got Gears of War, first game...good times

DrzPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DrzPrince
Had an Xbox loved it. Thought it was better than PS2. Then played Halo 2 with my Xbox while everyone I played with had a 360, got the Elite the day of release and got me some 360 games :) PS3 came out...one look at it " I said cool but it needs to lose some weight" O.o
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#100 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
because I was sick of playing the crap games on my Gamecube. I needed something better...something with shooters (my favorite genre, the gamecube really doesn't have good ones). So, I bought Halo 3, Gears of War, and COD4. I was good to go