Why are there so many Halo haters?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingmanbrosky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kingmanbrosky
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts
it seems to me theres just as much people who hate halo as people who love it, i persoanlly love it, i just got an xbox and it was my first choice in games, but why do so many people hate it? i think its the best fps franchise ever, but after reading some of these threads...
fryshakewad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fryshakewad
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts

Here's a better question. Why do you care?

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
Simple, everyone is different therefore tastes are not the same. But theres always that rage towards halo because its so popular blahblahblah. teikz no skillz, stupeid stoyr, bed grefikx, pink bulletz,stupeid eiliens, and so on are the comments i hear the most.
cthecoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 cthecoffee
Member since 2003 • 1432 Posts

its an opinion, just like you thinking halo is good is yours.

i think halo is overrated and cod/battlefield are the best fps franchises

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I don't like it because in order to play any of the gametypes (except for maybe two), you have to fork out 800 MS points on a dumb map pack. how cheap can you get.
khokhar500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 khokhar500
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

lol

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
Because they think it's cool to hate a very popular series.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I don't really hate it... I just like CoD4's game play style much more.

Angerfist1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Angerfist1
Member since 2008 • 161 Posts

Because they think it's cool to hate a very popular series.Sins-of-Mosin

OR we have our own opinions and when asked we tell the truth.

Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts

some hate it because its so popular, they are anti-xbox/M$ or just want to be different? maybe?

drunkenyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 drunkenyak
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts

I don't hate it I just think CoD, GoW, and Battlefield are better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Whenever something popular comes along people will either like it or not like it. Halo isn't an acception. I like it, I never originally thought it was something I would enjoy, but I tried it and I think it's a pretty good game. So it depends on the person.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Because it`s a shallow game for shallow people.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
Simple, everyone is different therefore tastes are not the same. But theres always that rage towards halo because its so popular blahblahblah. teikz no skillz, stupeid stoyr, bed grefikx, pink bulletz,stupeid eiliens, and so on are the comments i hear the most.gow117
W.....T.....F!?? that was some VERY original leet spelling there...
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

Because it`s a shallow game for shallow people.HilbillyRokstar

i never knew i was a shallow person i always thought i was deeper than the niagra

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#16 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Some people like it some people don't, that's just life bro. Me personally, I can take it or leave it.

Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

Simple, everyone is different therefore tastes are not the same. But theres always that rage towards halo because its so popular blahblahblah. teikz no skillz, stupeid stoyr, bed grefikx, pink bulletz,stupeid eiliens, and so on are the comments i hear the most.gow117

What he said.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
because its over-hyped i still like the game but damn is it over-hyped
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#19 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Halo's really popular AND IT'S EXCLUSIVE. Trust me, alot of the haters haven't touched the game. It's fanboy jealousy and it's a sincere form of flattery for Bungie, I guess to make a game so good that other people get jealous.

For those who do own an Xbox and don't like it, that's their deal, man. Personally, I see no reason for anyone to hate the first Halo. It set the standard for all console FPS and every game has followed it's mold. I feel that Halo 2 further pushed that mold by setting the standard for online console shooters and I felt that Halo 3 further improved on both the polish of the overall product, the insane amount of customizability and all of the online options available to you.

Really though, the only reason it ever feels like most people hate Halo on the forums is because it's popular and it's exclusive. You'll see stuff like GTA and MGS get hated on too, but since those kind of lost their exclusivity rights people complain a lot less about them. That's just what I think though. I mean, Halo is my favorite game of all time. Halo 3 my favorite 360 game.

Besides, despite the people who complain, remember that Halo 3 edged out Call of Duty 4 for the Reader's Choice Xbox 360 GotY awards on GameSpot, it won the Reader's Choice Overall GotY award on 1up, and Halo 2 took the Reader's Choice Overall GotY Award on GS back in 2004 beating out Half-Life 2.

I pointed out all of these reader's choice things because you asked about other people. I mean, a lot of people dig Halo. All the birds squaking can't hide that fact.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
because its over-hyped i still like the game but damn is it over-hypedmurat8
I have never understood this complaint. So a lot of people were excited why is that a bad thing?
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gow117
[QUOTE="gow117"]Simple, everyone is different therefore tastes are not the same. But theres always that rage towards halo because its so popular blahblahblah. teikz no skillz, stupeid stoyr, bed grefikx, pink bulletz,stupeid eiliens, and so on are the comments i hear the most.slvrraven9
W.....T.....F!?? that was some VERY original leet spelling there...

trying to do my best :P
Andehh_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Andehh_23
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts

Halo Three has one feature I find some what amusing. Forge. But, it gets old. I dislike Halo for many reasons: The Story Line, Weapon Selection, And Online Playability. If You don't buy the new maps, your bored all day. I mean, seriously, who wants to pay just to play a few maps? But, i suppose if your only interested in shooting people and smack talk online, it's for you. I for one love games that you need an IQ for. Not to diss though, I played Halo 3 my fair share.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3869dad187c
deactivated-5c3869dad187c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 deactivated-5c3869dad187c
Member since 2005 • 1792 Posts
I found Halo to be a great series (loved the gameplay and story), but I don't think it deserved all the hype it received when it was still coming out. Microsoft's marketing campaign for Halo 2 and 3 just set the expectations for the series too high and although I personally loved it, many people were very disappointed with the outcome. Everyone has different opinions, and they are free to express it on the boards - but don't let other people's opinion affect your own judgement of the game.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

DJSAV_101
Pretty much this... Lets be honest COD shouldn't have been able to take the FPS crown from Halo, but it did. (sorry) H3:ODST no no no, I'd rather buy Clamidia... Now Reach, that'll either take the crown back or kill the series... There will be no inbetween.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gow117
[QUOTE="YoungSinatra25"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

Pretty much this... Lets be honest COD shouldn't have been able to take the FPS crown from Halo, but it did. (sorry) H3:ODST no no no, I'd rather buy Clamidia... Now Reach, that'll either take the crown back or kill the series... There will be no inbetween.

well that will always be based on opinions.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#26 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

I don't really care if people hate it, I just don't get why they spend their time persistantly creating topics about it almost two years after Halo 3 came out.

Avatar image for Immortal_Sinner
Immortal_Sinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Immortal_Sinner
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts
the question is not why ... they just dont like it .. why do you care ? i mean.. does it bothering you in some way ?
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]Because it`s a shallow game for shallow people.slvrraven9

i never knew i was a shallow person i always thought i was deeper than the niagra

There is an exception to every rule. Besides, I was sharing what I hear. I, personally, could take it or leave it.

Brutal-Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Brutal-Koopa
Member since 2009 • 439 Posts

Because, some people don't like it....OH MAI GOSH!!!1

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Well, there are actually two main reasons, matching with two main groups. There is the "I haven't played the game but say I hate it because it'll make me cool" group, and then there is the "I played the game, and I just didn't like it that much." group.

Most Halo Haters fall in the former.Many people are ignorant and just think that they can gain popularity by hating a popular thing. They all band together and bash something they haven't played. If half of those played, they'd probably like the games.

Though, there are some, like myself, that fall in the latter category, and just don't like the game. And that's ok. Everyone is entitled to they're opinion. That's what makes people unique. Now, this group can fall into two categories itself. The "I've played the whole main series and didn't like it" or the "I only played Halo 3" groups.

• The former is what the majority of this group is. We've played each game and just don't like them. This gives the opinion arguement even more of stability.
  • The latter is the rest of the group. They played Halo 3 and hated it and then say that Halo sucks. They make the other sub-group lose crediblity.
kingmanbrosky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kingmanbrosky
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts
i just got xbox and i love the game, even tho i love my ps3 more i think halo is probably the best fps maybeeeee, cus i havent played all of killzone 2, but the thing i love about killzone is the realism, cus it actually feels like ur holding a 50 pound gun, not a light feather for a gun
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#32 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I loved Halo's Single Player, two wasn't that good, and three was pretty good and had nice co-op. I hate the multiplayer though. I guess my reason to hate Halo 3's multiplayer would be

Mostly bad maps, Bungie likes to make stupid game types and bad map designs for already bad maps (if the first choice gets vetoed by everyone 90%+ of the time, then you need to make some changes), the matchmaking system is awful and after Halo 2 other game companies started to (stupidly) copy it for there games, to play a custom game or to enjoy Forge you better have a bunch of friend that do nothing but play Halo 3 and who are all willing to join you, no choice on maps except to veto the first and hope the second option isn't worse than what you just vetoed, lack of useful vehicles on almost all gametypes unless you play big team battle (which lags and almost always has people quiting during the game), reading the names that Bungie comes up with for their gametypes and map redesigns upsets me, horrible community, forcing you to pay for map packs (with mostly bad maps, who the **** wants a Midship remake!) to be able to even use Bungies matchmaking options, your friends also need to buy the maps if you want to play with them.

but the thing i love about killzone is the realism, cus it actually feels like ur holding a 50 pound gun, not a light feather for a gun

Well, the Spartans are pretty strong (flip a tank back over). Of course, the Spartans being strong and really heavy just raises many other gameplay questions, like how they can get splattered by a Mongoose, why the Gattling Guns are so heavy if a tank isn't, why they can't balance out the weight of a flipping Mongoose or Ghost, etc. Make more sense to play as the Marines in Multiplayer.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

Half the reason is because there are so many overly fanatic Halo fans who are really really obnoxious. The other reasons are hype, taste, and probably some jealousy.

am i right? eh?

Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

i think halo is overrated and cod/battlefield are the best fps franchises

cthecoffee

I hope you realise how ironic that statement is.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Because it's popular, it's the same with any other popular game series.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phoenix534

Because it's popular, it's the same with any other popular game series.Floppy_Jim

Such as Gears of War. Notice that this happens primarily to Xbox 360/PC exclusive series. Hmmm....

starman4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 starman4
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts

halo wars is a dissapointment. i played the demo last night. i am sorry butit doesn't stack up against command and conquer. its the better game.

CoiledNewkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 CoiledNewkirk
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts
It's because they just want to be different and stand out.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Phoenix534

It's because they just want to be different and stand out.CoiledNewkirk

Then they should start praising it because they sound like brain-washed robots.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="CoiledNewkirk"]It's because they just want to be different and stand out.Phoenix534

Personally it doesn't really bother me as things have cooled down a lot. I remember seeing around ten or more COD4 VS Halo 3 threads a day at least and a ton of other similar threads. It just seems like people overhyped it and that is why they dislike it. I actually laugh at people like this. They seem to think it's Microsoft/Bungie's fault when it's just their job. Not to mention don't fall for hype is it truly that hard to do?
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts

I don't like Halo at all but I wouldn't say I hate it. I only played the first one, and it felt very generic and forgettable to me. Also Master Chief looks like some generic space marine clone or whatever and doesn't really scream personality to me. If others like it great for them, I just don't see the appeal personally.

The_Gauss_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 The_Gauss_Boss
Member since 2009 • 67 Posts

While everyone is entitled there own opinion, I do think that there are a lot of people that say they hate it because it's a popular, successful series.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#43 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

I guess everyone has their different opinions, like for example some people like ice cream, some don't.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="CoiledNewkirk"]It's because they just want to be different and stand out.craigalan23

Personally it doesn't really bother me as things have cooled down a lot. I remember seeing around ten or more COD4 VS Halo 3 threads a day at least and a ton of other similar threads. It just seems like people overhyped it and that is why they dislike it. I actually laugh at people like this. They seem to think it's Microsoft/Bungie's fault when it's just their job. Not to mention don't fall for hype is it truly that hard to do?

Yeah, I remember those times. I tried to stay off of the 360 Forum during that time.

uncle4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 uncle4
Member since 2009 • 120 Posts
Because they hyped so much they thought it was going to be the best game ever or some people are harder to please
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#46 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

Because people love to hate popular things.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

I don't like Halo at all but I wouldn't say I hate it. I only played the first one, and it felt very generic and forgettable to me. Also Master Chief looks like some generic space marine clone or whatever and doesn't really scream personality to me. If others like it great for them, I just don't see the appeal personally.

DeadlyZodiac
The Master Chief doesn't have a personality because they (Bungie) wanted you to feel you were the main character. That's why he doesn't speak often. Just a few lines in the cut scenes.
GigaOutrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 GigaOutrage
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts
I thought Halo 3 was a good game, but I lost interest after buying CoD 4.
cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

The most common complaint that i hear is that it is just too unrealistic. I understand this sci-fi is not for everyone but how realistic is it to have regenerative health in COD or Battlefield, at least in games like halo it is explained. Someone mentioned earlier that if a Spartan could flip a tank then he should easily be able to carry a turret or not get splatered by a mongoose, and I agree, I never really thought of this but he makes a good point about the inconsistencies in the game and in my opinion is no different than having regenerative health in a modern shooter.

Blaster_x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Blaster_x2
Member since 2007 • 350 Posts

I just like games that are over the top popular like halo gow and cod