Who's happy they didnt but the MW2 DLC?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts

Oh I am...thank goodness I didnt buy that and go through what 300,000 people went through to play the new maps. I mean you cant even choose what you want to play its just Mosh pit...reallllyy lame IMO.

Bridgelayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Bridgelayer
Member since 2008 • 236 Posts

I don't know. I cant even get my Microsoft points card to redeem to even buy the maps. The store says its the Xbox and its servers and not at their end. all i know there is incompetence somewhere.

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
it saddens me that you 2 bought it. I expect the 16 million casuals to buy it, not gamespotters that are supposed to be aware of what is shovelware and a ripoff...
Hickamie14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Hickamie14
Member since 2007 • 1652 Posts

Even though I would like to play the nw maps, I'm glad I made the decision not to buy them. I'm beginning to truly hate Activision and there is just too much fun stuff to spend my money and time on now that SPring is here.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

it saddens me that you 2 bought it. I expect the 16 million casuals to buy it, not gamespotters that are supposed to be aware of what is shovelware and a ripoff...metalisticpain
Nicely said! I would probable get as much entertainment from those maps as burning three 5 dollar bills.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

it saddens me that you 2 bought it. I expect the 16 million casuals to buy it, not gamespotters that are supposed to be aware of what is shovelware and a ripoff...metalisticpain

Please explain why you think they're shovelware, are there glitches on the maps?

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

Personally I hated the fact that there was a huge crash and I wasn't able to connect to a game for about 10 minutes sometimes longer. It seems to be running smoother now so I don't regret it, going forward though I might be a little hesitant.

iamdanthaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iamdanthaman
Member since 2008 • 2498 Posts
I mostly bought MW2 for the single player and co-op parts of the game. Online multiplayer can't hold my attention for very long, probably mostly because I suck at it. That's why I don't have any of the dlc for COD4 or MW2
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Yeah I am. Mega Man 10 is awesome. :P

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TrapMuzik92
I was going to get it but when I found out that you cant choose what u want to play on the new maps that really ticked me off
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

My friend bought them yesterday played for about 2mins then turned off his 360. I sure am glad I did not get them. I don't even think I have played 360 in at least a week, plus my live runs out on the 9th. I can't afford points so I can't afford live either so basically I will never play them on my 360 unless my brother gets them.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
i sure am, both because of price and problems
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

[QUOTE="metalisticpain"]it saddens me that you 2 bought it. I expect the 16 million casuals to buy it, not gamespotters that are supposed to be aware of what is shovelware and a ripoff...Jaysonguy

Please explain why you think they're shovelware, are there glitches on the maps?

Why yes there are. Massive screen tearing and new "secret" locations to exploit like the rock glitch that used to be on afghan. Btw I haven't bought the maps b/c I can't stand all the problems w/ MW2 and activision. I've just seen youtube videos and new releases.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts

[QUOTE="metalisticpain"]it saddens me that you 2 bought it. I expect the 16 million casuals to buy it, not gamespotters that are supposed to be aware of what is shovelware and a ripoff...Jaysonguy

Theres glitches on everymap :P
myrtlebeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 myrtlebeach
Member since 2005 • 590 Posts

yeah i'm glad. i think it was so stupid of them to name it the 'stimulus' package. i think the stimulus plan is a ridiculous thing to pass. and then making u pay 1200 points for it is way overpriced, especially considering how many things have screwed up and that 2 of the maps r recycled.

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

So what happen if there are Gamespotters who liked the game does there option not matter on the subject. Does it matter to you what they use there MS points on or not on.

-ICON-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -ICON-
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
whoever bought that map pack isn't very intelligent imo. Its people like you that make gaming companies get away with selling ridiculous over priced crap.
MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

Can't wait till it comes out in playstation 3. I am bored, no new games that are intersting.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#19 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I'm selling it to my friend tomorrow, so yeah... lol
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

I bought them, and love them, I like to play moss pit, so random games is no big deal for me, the maps are great and I'm glad I have bought them.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

Me. I'm not into buying overpriced things. Also Geometry Wars 2 for $5 next week :D

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14421 Posts

Oh man, Geometry Wars 2 is my favourite xbox live arcade game. $5? So you'll be able to purchase an awesome full game that give you hours of single and multi-player fun for a third of the price of 3 new maps? Ouch!

OverlordChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OverlordChan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Well, I think the price is way overpriced but I still got it anyway.
I've spent money on worse.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts

OverlordChan

lol you have just accepted your stupid with your money. hey at least your ohk with it.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TrapMuzik92
[QUOTE="nate_c-12"]

[QUOTE="OverlordChan"]

lol you have just accepted your stupid with your money. hey at least your ohk with it.

lol
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
My boy offered to purchase the maps for me (aka free) and I still said no. I'll blame it on bad codeing or lack of a dedicated server or an overall degradation in product quality. But theres something wrong with that game I'm not buying/playing...
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

I never had any plans to buy and of course am extra happy that i didnt and wont but it makes me sad at the same time. People are gonna buy this thats just a fact. What scares me the most is that are making a killing off of this. The development costs for those maps had to be minuscule and you also have to take into account that its DLC meaning no extra costs for physical distribution. At 15 buks a download they have to be making a killing. Its only a matter of time before more companies try to follow suit. There are just too many people willing to pay such ridiculous prices.

zero00769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zero00769
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

I didn't buy them. A couple months and XBL will have them for a discount. Been kinda nice since they came out though. All the children and cheaters are off playing the new maps leaving some good, clean, 5 year old potty-mouthless games. Thanks Infinity Ward. Now if you can, work on a patch to fix the shotguns. They are way too accurate and have to much range.

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 metalisticpain

[QUOTE="metalisticpain"]it saddens me that you 2 bought it. I expect the 16 million casuals to buy it, not gamespotters that are supposed to be aware of what is shovelware and a ripoff...alstevens83

So what happen if there are Gamespotters who liked the game does there option not matter on the subject. Does it matter to you what they use there MS points on or not on.

Uhh i already stated the effect it has one me. Quote: it Saddens me

It saddens me because people who I believe should know better have just contributed to Activisions vision of increasing the price of gaming. The next map pack will be 4 maps, 2 of which will be rehashes for the same price. You can count on it. They gona increase the price or decrease the content to squeeze you for more, and that is going to have a roll on effect as other publishers see that 16 million people voted that $15 US is fine for 5 maps...

seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 seabiscuit8686
Member since 2005 • 2862 Posts

I didn't buy it because I no longer play it online. The redeeming quality of that game is the special ops mode. I played the multiplayer for about 2 in game days and thought, "this game makes me frustrated and angry. I thought I played games to have fun..." and quit playing it. I have other games to beat. Playing special ops with a friend is awesome though

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

[QUOTE="alstevens83"]

[QUOTE="metalisticpain"]it saddens me that you 2 bought it. I expect the 16 million casuals to buy it, not gamespotters that are supposed to be aware of what is shovelware and a ripoff...metalisticpain

Uhh i already stated the effect it has one me. Quote: it Saddens me

It saddens me because people who I believe should know better have just contributed to Activisions vision of increasing the price of gaming. The next map pack will be 4 maps, 2 of which will be rehashes for the same price. You can count on it. They gona increase the price or decrease the content to squeeze you for more, and that is going to have a roll on effect as other publishers see that 16 million people voted that $15 US is fine for 5 maps...

While I wont dispute that Activision is run by ****'s I think personally your being slightly paranoidwith how the industry is going to go. If i remember rightly in the UK they said that the RRP for MW2 was going to be £55, for the hardened edition around £70, however shops was selling the bog standard version for between £28.99 to £39.99. So yeah while the Recommended Retail price is set most shops and supermarkets (or what ever they are in america) will sell them for a cheaper price.

As for the actual price of the maps wasn't it reported on a different site that IW wanted to release this map pack for 800MS point's not the 1200. However that price was slapped on said DLC by Microsoft ( I may be complete misinformed I've been away doing none gaming related stuff) and if that was the case then wouldn't the problem then rely back to MS and not said nazi run gaming company (aka Activision)

Regarding the map pack I wouldn't be possibly picking it up till as i said the end of April (For the PS3) however I know of the issues which has come with it and I wont want to spend my money until all issues have been sorted out. Even then it's not a full set sale for me, I would want to see what else has been released on the PSN before hand.

DBIZMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 DBIZMO
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

I'm glad I didn't get the MW2 DLC. I stopped playing that game months ago.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

I'm glad :D

BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
I made up my mind long ago not to buy any DLC for this game. I'm just not that into it like I was with Call of Duty 4. And with all the problems the game has had, for them to charge an extra $5 for the maps is a slap in the face.
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TrapMuzik92
I played COD 4 the other day and...man it was fun!!
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#36 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

15$ for five maps (two being remakes) = no buy for me. ow if they had the decency to add some Spec Ops missions then perhaps althugh I have a feeling their not going to do anything with Spec Ops.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

idk if this has to do with them just releasing the map pack, but i tried playing yesterday and my lag was horrible. took way too long to connect to a game. before they released the maps, i wouldn't have any problem, and i'd find games with >50ms ping, now it's up to 110ms ping, horrible.

superquesoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#38 superquesoman
Member since 2009 • 284 Posts

Did they fix the problem already?. Because I was playing on the stimulus package awhile ago and it was working perfectly :D

strategyking92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 18

#39 strategyking92
Member since 2006 • 1115 Posts

Why buy this when I can buy 3 full XBLA games that are on sale today?

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
I'll never buy the Modern Warfare 2 map pack, ever! My little brother is begging me to get him Microsoft points to get him the Map pack, since he has his own Xbox 360 and account, and I said No (Which he got 0, while I got 8000). Heck, he's been crying to play my Xbox 360 to play the Map pack, since I got 8000 MS, but again, I said No and get a job then. Maybe It's that stupid Clan he's in, and he'll get kicked out of the clan If you doesn't get the Map pack. Well, to bad for my brother. I'll never get that garbage Map pack since I stopped playing it a long time ago. Im just amazed how many people are so dang stupid for spending that much points on a Map pack that get old within a month. I could get a full Arcade game for that price and enjoy the heck out of it.
pat373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pat373
Member since 2010 • 44 Posts

they really should have included some spec ops missions and new titles and emblems.

but this map pack they have for 15$ bucks is a big.fail. :x

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I'm glad I didn't even buy the game, this series was over with me thanks to COD4.

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 metalisticpain
Thats it exactly. $15 US should get you more for your money. If it included spec op missions as well, then maybe? But maps are not entirely hard to make, modders on the PC have been making balanced maps with ease.
Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

I didnt buy MW2 to start with

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

Spent those 1200 points on GTA san andreas. Much better deal IMO

calzeta930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 calzeta930
Member since 2010 • 720 Posts
whoever bought that map pack isn't very intelligent imo. Its people like you that make gaming companies get away with selling ridiculous over priced crap.-ICON-
i bought three foot long subs instead... thats pretty smart :D
strategyking92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 18

#47 strategyking92
Member since 2006 • 1115 Posts

My XBL friends are getting really desperate to get M$ points to buy this, lol.

They keep sending messages like "500 Headshots for 1200 MS Points!!!"

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

I can't even explain how happy I am I didn't buy it.

5 dollars per new map. Okay Infinity Ward, nice try. Not all of us are handicapped.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TrapMuzik92
[QUOTE="-ICON-"]whoever bought that map pack isn't very intelligent imo. Its people like you that make gaming companies get away with selling ridiculous over priced crap.calzeta930
i bought three foot long subs instead... thats pretty smart :D

lol true
dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
$15 is a goddamn rip off. for $15 I'd expect at least 10 new maps, or perhaps new weapons/equipment and playlists. It is a shame what big companies can get away with.