who thinks braid is stupid?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

warj87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 warj87
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts
i played the demo and i thought it was dumb because it felt like i was playing another game of the old verzions of mario. What do u guys think?
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

i think yo hsould possibly not bother with it if you really didnt like it and forget it ever happened rather than post about ,,, though i have to say i thought it was a lil overrated

fryshakewad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 fryshakewad
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts
Im w/ you TC. Visit the Braid 360 forum topic title 9.2 ave? and you will see just how much i dispise the "game".
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
i played the demo and i thought it was dumb because it felt like i was playing another game of the old verzions of mario. What do u guys think?warj87
I've played the demo as well. But from what i hear, you have to play more than one level to get a true sense of the game... I heard that it's not like mario at all, the only smimlarities being a small dude in a platform game
fryshakewad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fryshakewad
Member since 2007 • 1178 Posts
Seems like a HUGE simmilarity to me but no one listens to you if you dispise Braid. P.S. I bought and played the whole game, its basicly Mario 1 and 3 w/ a little super mario in there, mix in a dino named yoshi add bowser and Braid becomes mario arcade version.
TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheHumanDove
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts

The TC's opinion is wrong.

Yeah, I said it.

expandingeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 expandingeye
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
Seems like a HUGE simmilarity to me but no one listens to you if you dispise Braid. P.S. I bought and played the whole game, its basicly Mario 1 and 3 w/ a little super mario in there, mix in a dino named yoshi add bowser and Braid becomes mario arcade version.fryshakewad
Cmon man, i listen to ppl that despise braid, i just dont like to listen to people that have as many simple words misspelled like you do. Doesnt exactly make you look like a very good source. More like a little kid that gave it half a chance. Though id like to know since i never bought braid, is it actually an entertaining puzzler, or a lackluster mario knockoff?
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

Soulja Boy didn't seem to like it based off this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nebKYFxXrLY

Djdiddles77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#9 Djdiddles77
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts
I agree! I never saw what the hype was all about!
MastaP110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MastaP110
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts

Soulja Boy didn't seem to like it based off this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nebKYFxXrLY

Pittfan666
ROFL good video
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts

Seems like a HUGE simmilarity to me but no one listens to you if you dispise Braid. P.S. I bought and played the whole game, its basicly Mario 1 and 3 w/ a little super mario in there, mix in a dino named yoshi add bowser and Braid becomes mario arcade version.fryshakewad

LOL, ok, now that's funny. Braid is NOTHING like Mario. It's a puzzle game not a platformer.

You know what's really odd though, your gamertag shows you've never played the game. Than again, this must be a different Fryshakewad right?

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementSummary.aspx?compareTo=FryShakeWad

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Endgame_basic

[QUOTE="fryshakewad"]Seems like a HUGE simmilarity to me but no one listens to you if you dispise Braid. P.S. I bought and played the whole game, its basicly Mario 1 and 3 w/ a little super mario in there, mix in a dino named yoshi add bowser and Braid becomes mario arcade version.expandingeye
Cmon man, i listen to ppl that despise braid, i just dont like to listen to people that have as many simple words misspelled like you do. Doesnt exactly make you look like a very good source. More like a little kid that gave it half a chance. Though id like to know since i never bought braid, is it actually an entertaining puzzler, or a lackluster mario knockoff?

It's a puzzle game, a rather difficult one of that. In no way could it be considered a platformer. Some of the puzzles will take you 30 minutes at least but they all utilize common sense in the end rather than trial and error. Very good, but only for those who can actual think and have the mental capacity to like such games.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
it's probably the best game out this entire generation on all systems... i disagree
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

Yeah, I said it.

TheHumanDove

While i realize you'll probably never read this answer, who says what kind of opinion is wrong? saying north is actually the east is wrong, because everyone knows it for a fact AND because it's proved to be a fact, while other things that doesn't have anything to do with ethic(don't know if that's spelled wrong) nor reality, are up to the majority(again, maybe spelled wrong) so, if most of the people say it's a Mario clone, it is a clone, and im with them.

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Endgame_basic
[QUOTE="TheHumanDove"]

Yeah, I said it.

great_rulo

While i realize you'll probably never read this answer, who says what kind of opinion is wrong? saying north is actually the east is wrong, because everyone knows it for a fact AND because it's proved to be a fact, while other things that doesn't have anything to do with ethic(don't know if that's spelled wrong) nor reality, are up to the majority(again, maybe spelled wrong) so, if most of the people say it's a Mario clone, it is a clone, and im with them.

Umm, it's not even a platformer, it's a puzzle game. This is like saying Gears of War is a Spyro the Dragon clone because both are 3rd person games...

highvoltage32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 highvoltage32
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

Braid does have the same feel as a mario 2D game, however it does support distinction in some aspects of gameplay and characters. Therefore Braid is a good side scrolling game from the Xbox arcade and worth playing.

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Endgame_basic

Braid does have the same feel as a mario 2D game, however it does support distinction in some aspects of gameplay and characters. Therefore Braid is a good side scrolling game from the Xbox arcade and worth playing.

highvoltage32

I'm sorry, but saying it has the same feel as a Mario 2D game because it's in 2D is crazy in my opinion. It's nothing like mario, not even a little.

nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 nynthninja
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
Braid was one of the best 2d platformers ive played in a long time and im from the 80's ****
arek87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 arek87
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
It's a puzzle game first, it's a platformer second and I think that confuses a lot of people. I've only played a few levels but after the first world it becomes obvious the gameplay is similar to mario in a lot of ways but so are most sidescrolling platformers. I don't remember having to solve puzzles through time control but maybe I'm wrong.
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mfp16
[QUOTE="highvoltage32"]

Endgame_basic

I'm sorry, but saying it has the same feel as a Mario 2D game because it's in 2D is crazy in my opinion. It's nothing like mario, not even a little.

Thank you.... braid is absolutely nothing like mario. It's not even a platformer, it's a puzzle game. My last blog post was specifically about this argument because I was so sick of hearing the comparison, check it out.
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nynthninja
[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"][QUOTE="highvoltage32"]

mfp16

Thank you.... braid is absolutely nothing like mario. It's not even a platformer, it's a puzzle game. My last blog post was specifically about this argument because I was so sick of hearing the comparison, check it out.

Luxor, Puzzle Quest, and tetris are Puzzle games every genre has at least one puzzle in each of its games resident evil 1-code veronica are not puzzle games yet they have more puzzles on disc one than all of braid...I loved braid for what it was a platformer
vayaconmiamigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vayaconmiamigo
Member since 2003 • 499 Posts
When I first played the demo, I thought this was their attempt to make an Irish Mario. lol
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mfp16
[QUOTE="nynthninja"] Luxor, Puzzle Quest, and tetris are Puzzle games every genre has at least one puzzle in each of its games resident evil 1-code veronica are not puzzle games yet they have more puzzles on disc one than all of braid...I loved braid for what it was a platformer

I'm sorry, but anyone who claims that braid is a platformer and not a puzzle game didn't play more than the demo.
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Endgame_basic
[QUOTE="mfp16"][QUOTE="Endgame_basic"]

nynthninja

Luxor, Puzzle Quest, and tetris are Puzzle games every genre has at least one puzzle in each of its games resident evil 1-code veronica are not puzzle games yet they have more puzzles on disc one than all of braid...I loved braid for what it was a platformer

You enter an area, you solve one or more puzzles to obtain one or more puzzle pieces, you move to the next area and repeat. When you are done you solve a jigsaw puzzle. Gee, I used the word puzzle there an aweful lot didn't I? lol

nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nynthninja
I remember doing that in Resident Evil 2 and Silent hill 1 (puzzle on the door) doesnt make it a puzzle game and mfp16 im on my 4th runthrough of braid and have only one more speed challenge to get the last achievement its a **** platformer side scrolling platformer mario, earthworm jim, sonic, viewtiful joe, braid PLATFORMER wow i said platformer alot didnt i?
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Endgame_basic

I remember doing that in Resident Evil 2 and Silent hill 1 (puzzle on the door) doesnt make it a puzzle game and mfp16 im on my 4th runthrough of braid and have only one more speed challenge to get the last achievement its a **** platformer side scrolling platformer mario, earthworm jim, sonic, viewtiful joe, braid PLATFORMER wow i said platformer alot didnt i?nynthninja

The whole game of Braid is solving puzzles. There is NOTHING else to the game, not one thing. Seriously, now you're comparing it to Resident Evil 2 and Silent hill becuase they have an occasional puzzle? I mean, cmon.

"Braid is an ingenious and startlingly creative puzzle game, built with an understanding of good game design that even some of the industry's most revered figures could learn from."

PC Gamer Magazine (UK)

This from IGN:

"Developed by Number None Inc., the 2D side-scroller Braid looks on the surface to be a platformer. That's not really the case. Braid is actually more of a puzzle game"

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
Think the point was to make it feel comfortable, like an old Mario game. I liked it! After I played the demo I was hooked. One of the most beautiful, artful and relaxing games on XBLA, imo of course.
Skudd78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Skudd78
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts
Braid is and was a great game adding a new aspect on to gameing and you would have to buy it to understand because in each diffrent world something changes
shakensparco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shakensparco
Member since 2003 • 825 Posts
Its nothing like mario. Yes its a sidescroller, and yes you can jump on enimies heads. But besides that its a completely different game.
SquareRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SquareRocks
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
This thread has piqued my interest. I think I'm gonna buy this myself and figure out whether it's an insanely overrated sidescroller or a really good puzzle/sidescroller that is still probably overrated.
MotoMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MotoMachine
Member since 2004 • 42 Posts

Braid is a puzzle game. simple as that. if you didnt like it there are honestly only a few possibilities as to why.

A. you just dont like puzzle games much

B. It became too hard so you cheated by using guides etc. (completely ruins puzzle games)

C. you never actually completed it for ________. insert random reason

D. You either didnt like the ending or read about it before playing the game and piecing it together yourself.

No matter why you dislike this game it MUST be one of these reasons. I couldnt understand how a fan of puzzle games wouldnt enjoy the well thought out puzzles or entertaining story.

By the way saying this game is like mario is like comparing Contra and Mario, sure some things are similar but they are completely different on terms of gameplay. Braid obviously gives some nods to mario but there are hundreds of things that separate them i.e. revolving around manipulating time or the fact that you are immortal. Anyone who has made it past world 2 can tell you that there is no real fighting just pieces of a larger picture. Every monster has a purpose and nearly every time they are just ways of solving a puzzle.

TL;DR it is not like mario and any fan of puzzles would enjoy this game if given half a chance.

truelove79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 truelove79
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts
I loved Braid, but only because I actually played it for more than an hour. And Braid is absolutely nothing like Mario. If you think that, you've not played it.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
No, it's an awesome game, and it's nothing like Mario, other than funny little references.
Jay2800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jay2800
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts
its very stupid! i mean come on, it got a better score than fallout 3 and gears 2. get real.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I thought it was great but i suck currently lol. It's hard for me at least because i'm not used to puzzle/platformers.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
its very stupid! i mean come on, it got a better score than fallout 3 and gears 2. get real.Jay2800
How does that make it stupid?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 craigalan23

[QUOTE="Jay2800"]its very stupid! i mean come on, it got a better score than fallout 3 and gears 2. get real.Englando_IV
How does that make it stupid?

I hope he knows that it got that score based off of it's price and the fact that it's an arcade game. Either way though the score means nothing.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
I hate Braid.. I have no idea why that game is so popular because it's garbage imo.
Shrisrelkray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shrisrelkray
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts
i love braid. its great fun and challenging
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
absolutely loved it, so amazingly deep, in fact its so deep the end is confusing
TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
i agree, it's a PoS
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 craigalan23

i agree. it won a lot of awards but it looks straight up retarded

maxgamer8

So what you're saying is it looks retarded meaning you've never played it just looked it up? Why judge a game based on what it looks like? You know there is a free trial so you can see whether you like it or not.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I loved it. Beautiful music, beautiful graphics, it was challenging, and it was also thought provoking. It's one of the best XBLA games.
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts
Anyone who doesn't like it, doesn't get it. It's an incredible game.
CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
I didn't enjoy it at all, the only thing I was fond of was the music but other than that I thought it was a PoS as well from the demo..
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Astounding amounts of ignorance here. It's hard to believe you're not a bunch of trolls.
silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
i don't think it was dumb, the gameplay mechanics worked very well. But what i will say is that it is overrated imo and definitely not worth 1400 points
Objio24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Objio24
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts
i think is stupid :S but if you like puzzle game maybe is a good game
Deltapixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Deltapixel
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
I liked it. Recently finished it and was a little underwhelmed. I read great things about the ending but I don't think I got it... Good game but overrated.