Who still prefers Black Ops > MW3

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

I do. MW3 is okay, but no zombies, not much customization, and less memorable maps all constribute to me disliking the game. However, MW3 did have it's PROs, like the killstreak where you control an RC helicopter and go around tagging people, new game modes like Drop Zone and Team Defender, and the pretty good Spec Ops survival. Anyways though whats you guy's opinion.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

There should be a choice that says "Neither, I think it sucks because it sucks". Single-player that is horribly short and has a terrible story, and multiplayer that is full of cheaters/hackers/8 year olds swearing. Plus it takes no skill to be good, anyone can get the game and get 15 kills and 10 deaths no problem. Battlefield and Halo are much better.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I think that Black Ops is far superior to MW3. I just simply like the game better. I haven't played MW3 In quite a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#4 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

3rd choice sans hating it cause it's popular. I hate it cause it's bad. Same reason I hate pop music.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

mw3>Blops. mw2>mw3. this is gameplay wise, not all the bells and whistle included.

jwn25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jwn25
Member since 2006 • 149 Posts

I actually prefer Modern warfare 3 to black ops. They have improved the MP part of the game and I'm glad to see that the weapons now unlock at certain levels instead of buying them. The single player is better this time around but that may be me just prefering the MW story line that's been building up since call of duty 4

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Modern Warfare 3 sucks.

Black Ops is a masterpiece of a game though.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

I hate Call Of Duty but If I had to pick one Black ops...I could tell they tried to change up the series with all the new things and I think since COD 4 black ops is the only game that tried tobe good...not likeing the 3rd option...

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#9 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

You need to add a "Neither: I don't like the game because it isn't really that good."

Black Ops is better than MW3, just like MW was better than MW2, this series gets worse every year. The best one ever made is the first one.

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

Treyarch couldn't make balanced online gameplay if their lives depended on it. Not that Infinity Ward is much better.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts
Black Ops better: -introduced an economy system so weapons, killstreaks, attachments, and perks can be acquired early instead of having to grind -scaling assist damage points; in MW3 you get 20 points regardless of how much damage you did before someone else got the kill -more customization with face paints, reticles, reticle colors, camos, etc. -better maps because MW3 maps are too small and tucked in -better killstreak chains; it's ridiculous that MW3 requires 18 kills for the higher streaks; this encourages camping and other cheap tactics -in MW3, you can hear the other team on the headset; very stupid -Black Ops does not have cheap game ending MOAB -Black Ops has a bots training mode for noobs -Black Ops map selection in the lobby is better in that it gives you a third random choice, you can select previous map once, and ties result in random map; in MW3, ties ALWAYS result in the top map winning -Black Ops has a 24/7 small map lobby (Nuketown) -Black Ops has innovative game types like the gun game, wager matches, etc. -Black Ops has a better UI and menu layout IMO -Black Ops allows you to have a claymore AND grenades; MW3 only allows one or the other -MW3 pro perks are too easy to get because it only takes a bunch of grinding; Black Ops pro perks take more effort There's no denying that Black Ops innovated while MW3 is a cut and paste job from MW2.
robbie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robbie80
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts

BLOPS good fun zombies and alot of the maps you could run and gun That not the case in mw3 because of all the dam campers hiding all over place.It make the game feel slow paste and find i quit out of some games because of boredom.I like if cod went back to cod4 style gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

IMO MW2 > MW3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BO.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 3dfd

Black Ops better: -introduced an economy system so weapons, killstreaks, attachments, and perks can be acquired early instead of having to grind -scaling assist damage points; in MW3 you get 20 points regardless of how much damage you did before someone else got the kill -more customization with face paints, reticles, reticle colors, camos, etc. -better maps because MW3 maps are too small and tucked in -better killstreak chains; it's ridiculous that MW3 requires 18 kills for the higher streaks; this encourages camping and other cheap tactics -in MW3, you can hear the other team on the headset; very stupid -Black Ops does not have cheap game ending MOAB -Black Ops has a bots training mode for noobs -Black Ops map selection in the lobby is better in that it gives you a third random choice, you can select previous map once, and ties result in random map; in MW3, ties ALWAYS result in the top map winning -Black Ops has a 24/7 small map lobby (Nuketown) -Black Ops has innovative game types like the gun game, wager matches, etc. -Black Ops has a better UI and menu layout IMO -Black Ops allows you to have a claymore AND grenades; MW3 only allows one or the other -MW3 pro perks are too easy to get because it only takes a bunch of grinding; Black Ops pro perks take more effort There's no denying that Black Ops innovated while MW3 is a cut and paste job from MW2.GalvatronType_R

Great list, but youre missing one thing (stars with a Z)

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 3dfd

There should be a choice that says "Neither, I think it sucks because it sucks". Single-player that is horribly short and has a terrible story, and multiplayer that is full of cheaters/hackers/8 year olds swearing. Plus it takes no skill to be good, anyone can get the game and get 15 kills and 10 deaths no problem. Battlefield and Halo are much better.

bessy67

1) Single-player is only about 5% of a COD game, for a reason - to make a great multiplayer/survival experience

2) Multiplayer is extremely deep, and it's really not that easy to play. The game is strategic.

3) The 8-yr olds who cuss are mute-able, and usually make easy targets.

4) You can file a complaint or submit a negative player review if the person hacks.

5) What do you mean by cheaters? Quickscopers and all that? Those aren't cheaters, they're players who have practiced and practiced and gotten really great. So yeah, I think you're jealous

6) You didn't mention Zombies mode

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
I don't have an issue with COD but Blops and MW3 are both terrible. MW2 was the last good COD game in my opinion.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

If Black Ops didn't have second chance and they made all of the weapons viable it would have been better then COD4.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i play on wii..

blops does have more features and stuff..

BUT

my internet works better on the modern warfare games.... i usually come out on top on COD4 and MW3....but in blops and WaW people always beasted me..im 100% positive it has something to do with the internet...and the way they implement it in the games..

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
From this two my vote goes to Black Ops, otherwise I'll go for CoD4. That's the best CoD, in my opinion.
bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

2) Multiplayer is extremely deep, and it's really not that easy to play. The game is strategic.

3dfd

2) Pfft!!! I played Black Ops and had a 1.8 k/d ratio just from going off on my own in TDM. So there is no stragety involved and it is easy.

6) I didn't mention it because it is an extremely shallow attempt to cash in on the current wave-of-enemies mode craze. Gears of War and Halo do it so much better. Plus Spec Ops was 100X better than Zombies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

Personally I thought both were a step down for the series but if I had to choose I'd say MW3.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#22 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

[QUOTE="bessy67"]

3dfd

Yea right...go tell it to somebody who doesn't know any better. COD's multiplayer has never required much strategy...

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
There are certain things I prefer from Black Ops. The weapon damage being the biggest one. But the weapon selection, and the killstreak system are much better in MW3, IMO. But the biggest problem, the community, is the same. Which makes neither of them enjoyable to me.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Yep. Black Ops is better than MW3.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

[QUOTE="3dfd"]

bessy67

2) Pfft!!! I played Black Ops and had a 1.8 k/d ratio just from going off on my own in TDM. So there is no stragety involved and it is easy.

6) I didn't mention it because it is an extremely shallow attempt to cash in on the current wave-of-enemies mode craze. Gears of War and Halo do it so much better. Plus Spec Ops was 100X better than Zombies.

First off I just want to say Gears of War and Halo's survival mode feel very cheap compared to Zombies. Zombies has Dedicated Zombies maps. Secondly Survival mode got really boring after about wave 20.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts

[QUOTE="bessy67"]

[QUOTE="3dfd"]

HyperWarlock

First off I just want to say Gears of War and Halo's survival mode feel very cheap compared to Zombies. Zombies has Dedicated Zombies maps. Secondly Survival mode got really boring after about wave 20.

Gears 3's Horde mode is so much better than Zombies, your crazy...
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#28 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts
[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="bessy67"]

chilly-chill

Gears 3's Horde mode is so much better than Zombies, your crazy...

And both Reach and ODST have dedicated Firefight maps.
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Modern Warfare 3 is not quiet what i expected. I was way too excited.

I'll stick with Modern Warfare 2.

scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
The only reason I play black ops is for the Zombie mode.
jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#31 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

MW3 is better than BlackOps, (but not as good as MW2).

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

yea i prefer Black Ops.. the only other COD i had as much fun playing with friends was COD4

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I like Black Ops better but feel compelled to play MW3 more for now.
Avatar image for apocalypsehorse
apocalypsehorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 apocalypsehorse
Member since 2010 • 417 Posts

[QUOTE="bessy67"]

3dfd

1) Single-player is only about 5% of a COD game, for a reason - to make a great multiplayer/survival experience

4) You can file a complaint or submit a negative player review if the person hacks.

5) What do you mean by cheaters? Quickscopers and all that? Those aren't cheaters, they're players who have practiced and practiced and gotten really great. So yeah, I think you're jealous

1) games that cram a half assed single player into them are worse than those that cram a half assed multiplayer into them (for obvious reasons), that's basically what CoD does.

2)LOLWUT? did you play the last decent CoD game? even that was a piss take multiplayer wise, shipment? come on.

3) EXACTLY

4)doubtful it will get listened to.

5)cheaters as in the people that mod their controllers in order to fire faster than physically possible or use other methods. (quicscoping is lame but not cheating).

6)because it wasn't actually new, in fact I'd argue that CoD zombies was/is worse than what we did on Halo 2 (yeah halo 2).

Avatar image for apocalypsehorse
apocalypsehorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 apocalypsehorse
Member since 2010 • 417 Posts

and just as an FYI, I nearly traded in Battlefield 3 for MW3 this morning so I could play with my friends, upon hearing this they ALL IMMEDIATLY said:

"DON'T DO IT."

"IT'S NOT WORTH IT."

"IT'S ONLY GOOD FOR THIS SPEC OPS MODE."

SolidOcelot42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolidOcelot42
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I didn't really like Black Ops too much, mostly because all my friends ever wanted to do was to play Nazi Zombies and I couldn't stand that game. MW3 is good, I mean really all Call of Duties are good games, a lot of the hate towards it is largely from it's popularity but there are much worse games out there. The problem with MW3 is that it's not original, the devs copied and pasted every last bit of MW2 and MW3 dragged it's terrible community with it like a ball and chain around its leg. Between the two I would say MW3.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

bessy67

holy ****

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="bessy67"]

3dfd

1) 5%? so why do they bother adding it if it's so miniscule?

2) LOL. they give you some weapons, attachments and some silly perks then throw the same ranking system at you 10x over....

3) still riddled with them regardless. you don't mind that they're easy targets too? you must not like a challenge, I guess that's why you're playing COD, afterall.

4) you're better off not supporting crappy products like COD so then Activision/IW would actually put some effort into the game...which would probably include making it less exploitable

5) "you can file a complaint or submit a negative player review if the person hacks" he didn't say anything about quickscoping(which is a really lame way to play anyways) and he was lumping cheaters/hackers together with the 8-year-olds because they're all the same thing. and I don't think anyone is idiotic enough to be jealous over a casual-friendly game that puts emphasis on some silly little killstreaks.

Zumzier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zumzier
Member since 2010 • 102 Posts

You forgot the 4th option; I hate it because it sucks.

You can be great in multiplayer after like an hour and a half with the game, and there's no thought process necessary for you to succeed, which takes a lot out of it for me.

For me MW3 is better than Black ops because sniping is half way decent, but everything else is bad like the rest of the series.

Kcinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kcinz
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts
I like both. I play MW3 more since it's the newest.
Avatar image for Fletcher_Hawkes
Fletcher_Hawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fletcher_Hawkes
Member since 2006 • 484 Posts

I prefer CODBO by a mile. Whats funny is that I stopped playing it three or four months before CODMW3 came out, played that for a month, then went back to CODBO. I still play CODMW3 on occassion, when my friends are on, but it doesnt stay in the tray like past COD games did

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#43 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6108 Posts

I like MW3,but still prefers Black Ops.Better mp maps{Black Ops}.Better sp{MW3}.

nightshadow137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nightshadow137
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts
i don't think this deserves a poll
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I sold Black Ops 10 months after it was released. I sold MW3 a month after it was released (Got Saints Row: The Third with the trade-in). MW3 was the worst 30 dollars I spent in 2011.

So I guess I preferred Black Ops more. :P

jayd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 jayd02
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts

This has been said many times but I will say it as well. I prefer BO over MW3. I already played MW3 a few years ago but it was called something else. I believe it was called MW2? MW3 is more or less a big DLC for MW2 with a different UI to get people to think that they actually a new game. I prefer BO because you had to actually had to get money to buy new guns. What I don't like is how you can just buy all the attachments right after you buy the gun. Every COD after 4 was a step back. 4 was simple and fun. MW2 should have just fixed the minor glitches, added some more guns, added some more maps, update the engine, and change around some of the perks.

My problem with the COD games after 4 are that they sponser camping. They added killstreaks which was cool and fun in 4 but then after that they changed what kind of streaks, and what they could do and it changed the game from shooting other players to trying to avoid the campers and then trying to avoid the killstreaks that run the map. I think BO did better because the Killstreaks weren't as bad as MW2 in some parts but still they were too much and ruined gameplay. I would play barebones but only 500 people play that game at a time and finding a game is impossible. MW3 is just as bad with killstreaks like crazy; they even give you the option of of being a juggernoob.

I love BF3 because the only way to get anywhere in that game is to actually be good. In order to get a gun you have to play that class and actually get kills. No killstreaks to mess up the gameplay. The only thing that I don't like is in conquest, and rush if you don't have a vehicle you will die. I only play SQD and it is the best multiplayer I have played since COD4.

Also there are cheaters in COD. People hack into the game all time making the leaderboards just stupid and pointless. (I never pay attention to leaderboards but if you look on them at the top seed their stats are all boched.) People find glitches all the time and use them. I can't remember if it was in BO or MW2 about the noob toob reloading and people would just run around using the noob toob with practically infinite ammo because they could replenish their ammo.

What do I prefer? BO. This doesn't by anyway mean that the game is good or the fact that I like it. Your poll is bias in the fact that you only like COD games and you think that people who don't like the game are ignorant when people who don't like the game simply don't like the or have good reason to not like the game. Side note the game takes no stradegy what so ever. You just run, shoot, die, repeat; or you could run, camp, die repeat. You pick out of the two.

lexika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lexika
Member since 2009 • 873 Posts
I liked Black Ops for a short while. I played MW3 and I really hated it. I've learned the hard way that it's just a money grab from the developers. It's the same game with a different finish, nothing really unique or anything that sets them all apart. Just run and gun...:( Oh well I'm sick of shooters anyway.
3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 3dfd

I sold MW3 a month after it was released (Got Saints Row: The Third with the trade-in).

DJSAV_101

That mustve been great, Saints Row 3 was my favorite sandbox game of all time.

Laazzara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Laazzara
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I don't particullarly like any cods these days but I had a session of private matches yesterday on BO with a few mates and i had a great time. Would rather play BO instead of MW3.
ZzNashoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ZzNashoO
Member since 2012 • 163 Posts

The ruined CoD when they powered up the kill streaks. Black OPs, MW2, MW3 were crap compared to CoD4. Went from a great shooter to a complete change in gameplay to a camp for killstreaks game. The game is built around killstreaks and they ruined it that way. For me anyways. I am sure it's good for others.