Who owns a working 360 from the 2005 launch w/ no hardware/repair probs?(Poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Superfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Superfanboy
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

I just want to take a survey if there are any lucky 360 users who purchased one from 2005 and have not run into any serious issues at all that requires replacements or repairs.

Edit: 2005 launch buyers only.. or those who bought in 2006 supplies of the SKU for 2005 launch.

Realm_of_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Realm_of_Mania
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

Bought one at launch, went through ten of them. Bought the elite a year ago, and one has died already. Been through elevn consoles total with my current (#12) working pretty good. Its a shame the hardware is such ass, this is the first time EVER I have had a console die at all let alone 12 times, is MS ever gonna get there S*** together?

I know Ill NEVER buy a MS console at launch again. Say what you want bout taking care of it, I'm 27, and have gamed for over 20 years, its got space ventialation blah blah blah, its just a POS plain and simple. Gamestop/Ebgames have had artivles on this with the failure rate (consoles they have recieved alone not including other retailers) between 15-20% return of failed consoles. Its still an issue, an epidemic as far as I'm concerned far worse than the PS2's Disc Read Error, when it launched.

I keep my 360 for 2 reasons, The mass Effect Trilogy, and Fable. I hate Gears, and all other games I want are coming out for the PS3. MS really needs to get there act together cause the problems are still running wild. They have made a smaller cooler CPU....time to make a smaller cooler GPU, or else too much heat is still gonna be a problem and consoles wil/are still dieing.

MadSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MadSoldier
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
I did have a launch console until about three weeks ago when it got RROD. I got my original console back though so its all good.
Creeping_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Creeping_Wolf
Member since 2006 • 3399 Posts
My wife uses the 360 I camped out for on launch night, which I used until I bought myself an Elite last August. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours played on both....never had one problem with either of them.
ras2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ras2009
Member since 2006 • 2772 Posts
I've still got mine but i've got probs with it such as my eject button breaking off :( and it thinks osme games are dvds :(
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

Bought one at launch, went through ten of them. Bought the elite a year ago, and one has died already. Been through elevn consoles total with my current (#12) working pretty good. Its a shame the hardware is such ass, this is the first time EVER I have had a console die at all let alone 12 times, is MS ever gonna get there S*** together?

I know Ill NEVER buy a MS console at launch again. Say what you want bout taking care of it, I'm 27, and have gamed for over 20 years, its got space ventialation blah blah blah, its just a POS plain and simple. Gamestop/Ebgames have had artivles on this with the failure rate (consoles they have recieved alone not including other retailers) between 15-20% return of failed consoles. Its still an issue, an epidemic as far as I'm concerned far worse than the PS2's Disc Read Error, when it launched.

I keep my 360 for 2 reasons, The mass Effect Trilogy, and Fable. I hate Gears, and all other games I want are coming out for the PS3. MS really needs to get there act together cause the problems are still running wild. They have made a smaller cooler CPU....time to make a smaller cooler GPU, or else too much heat is still gonna be a problem and consoles wil/are still dieing.

Realm_of_Mania

I dont wanna doubt your 11 360s but that seems like way too many. I know the 360 hardware stinks to high heaven. I have supported MS since the Xbox. I still have my launch Xbox matter of fact. First inline for it and the 360 here in my town. BUT NO MORE....Im on my 3rd 360 and will NOT support MS anylonger after the 360.

Biggest hardware failure rate in the history of consoles..Must tell you something.

danielpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 danielpope
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts
mine was got on launch date in UK.. still going strong! No problems yet... TOUCH WOOD
Avatar image for _Classic_Gamer_
_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _Classic_Gamer_
Member since 2007 • 4776 Posts
I believe I've on my 6th one, but I've lost track at this point.
_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Classic_Gamer_

My wife uses the 360 I camped out for on launch night, which I used until I bought myself an Elite last August. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours played on both....never had one problem with either of them. Creeping_Wolf

Play Saints Row for a couple of months. I guarantee it will break. Every time mine broke it's been while playing Saints Row.

Also, for the record, my launch console was broken to begin with. I brought it home after all that waiting, set it up, turned it on, and discovered the disc tray didn't work right out of the box. Talk about a sign of things to come!

kreider204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 kreider204
Member since 2003 • 2519 Posts
We should really correlate this poll with something like "How many hours in a row do you play your Xbox360?" If you play hours and hours everyday, is it really a surprise that it wears out?!
Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts

We should really correlate this poll with something like "How many hours in a row do you play your Xbox360?" If you play hours and hours everyday, is it really a surprise that it wears out?!kreider204

Or maybe you could buy a real console and not worry about all that. Thats what I did.

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
I had a pro one dec 05 died sep 07. Got an elite now.
vindibudd_uf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vindibudd_uf
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I don't know, I gotta say, if you are playing 10 hours a day on it every day of the week, yeah, it's likely gonna fail at some point.
_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _Classic_Gamer_
I only play 1-2 hours at most. And that's if I play at all. Plus, like I said, it always breaks when I'm playing the same game, Saints Row. I just hope Saints Row 2 doesn't do the same thing. It comes out relatively soon.
Superfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Superfanboy
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
Looking at the current stats for the moment, a whole lot of you (assuming the votes were geniunely true and not lies) still having working 2005/2006 launch 360s into the 2008 year. But apparently more voters encountered problems that needed repairs/tech assistance or replacements.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

I didn't get mine at launch. Got it early 06 but I've never had a single problem out of it.

I also wouldn't call Xbox the biggest hardware failure in history...PS2 was just as bad, but Sony wouldn't even admit there was a problem. At least MS manned up to it, and fixes it all for free.

dalars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dalars
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Hi

My 360 have crashed 4 times now, red dots and all, and i play from 1 to 4 hours aday (when the wife lets me ;)

so im like, what about the elite?? does it to crash down ?