Who else was never a big fan of.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R3volv3r_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R3volv3r_Snake
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts
HALO. I just got an xbox and started playing halo and im on the library level and i telling myself to play it because everyone says its so good, but i cant take anymore, i am on the point to where i can say that i would rate this game a 7.2.
RandomTask221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 RandomTask221
Member since 2005 • 7795 Posts

I always thought it was a good game, not the best game in the world... but still, a pretty fun shooter nonetheless.

hjart6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 hjart6
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts
play the games when they come out or else they'll be ruined by all the hype created after
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
I gotta say, you ain't the only one, but in my opinion halo 1 was certainly great even though it was played in spanish so i did'nt understand s*** , but if you think that the halo 1 sucked you should try halo "2" nothing new... still floods and covenants and another new dumb ring shaped planet :roll:
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
Halo is boring.
marcssc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcssc
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts
HALO. I just got an xbox and started playing halo and im on the library level and i telling myself to play it because everyone says its so good, but i cant take anymore, i am on the point to where i can say that i would rate this game a 7.2.R3volv3r_Snake
same here i went out and got 1 and 2 and thought they were ok.but for some reason i can't wait to play 3
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
Up the difficulty if you're bored. Normal can be too easy if you're any good. But if you still think Halo is boring, Id hate to see you playing any other shooter.
Captain-Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Captain-Ichigo
Member since 2007 • 545 Posts
HALO. I just got an xbox and started playing halo and im on the library level and i telling myself to play it because everyone says its so good, but i cant take anymore, i am on the point to where i can say that i would rate this game a 7.2.R3volv3r_Snake
if you got a xbox why post in the 360 forum
Abito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Abito
Member since 2003 • 115 Posts
Same here i wasn't a big fan but i own them both because they're good but not like OMG it's the best game hands down. I certainly loved gears more than i loved halo. Halo 1 had to be the best, halo 2 wasn't crap. nothing new but just dual guns, and online play. It's alright at most. But i have a feeling that halo 3 will be one that is deffinetly a must buy. I don't know why maybe because it ends it all.
Avatar image for masterchief_123
masterchief_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 masterchief_123
Member since 2005 • 399 Posts
in my opinion the halo games are ok fun when you play single player, but you will only see the true potential of the game if you play with other people whether through co-op or through multiplayer
kashim26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kashim26
Member since 2005 • 929 Posts

I've never played Halo so I can't really comment but I'll still buy halo 3 anyway and see if it lives up to its hype.

race_suace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 race_suace
Member since 2006 • 1685 Posts
i thought halo was allright but i liked halo 2 and im gonan try halo 3
Likefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Likefire
Member since 2003 • 276 Posts
Halo was ok and Halo 2 was basically them fixing some stuff on the first one. Hopefully Halo 3 is better than both and the story has a great ending. If not theres always the 30+ other games coming out to play and amuse myself with.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FireBurger
Member since 2005 • 1566 Posts

You can't play a game 6 years after its initial release and expect it to seem as groundbreaking and entertaining as it did at that time. Shooters, especially on consoles, have come a long way since then, so yeah, it won't seem too special. At the time though, it basically redefined FPSs on consoles. You also have to remember that at that time, many people were moving from an N64 to an Xbox, so the difference was massive.

Regardless, I still find the game fun when I boot it up.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Can't take it anymore? is it too hard, too easy, or what? Please explain.

And it's like six years old so if you go in expecting the same quality as the next gen titles then obviously you will be disappointed.

ricothehat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ricothehat
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts
I can't find anything in Halo that would make me purchase it. Nothing. I played it with friends, I played it alone, I played it with strangers, couldn't find any appeal at all. It would be one thing if I just straight didn't like shooters, but that isn't the case, Doom, Quake, and Half-Life are some of my favorite games. I really don't get why so many people like Halo as much as they do, but hey, to each their own I guess.
SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
yes, omg I can't stand Halo FANBOYS!!!!!!!!!!
fireblazer236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fireblazer236
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts
Maybe you just don't like shooters. Their aren't many other shooters that are even close to as good as Halo is.
amirsafar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 amirsafar
Member since 2005 • 1349 Posts
i dont like halo either, cant take it, wots so gd bout it, its just shooting aliens, how boring
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I never had an X-Box, so I never played Halo. but I got a 360 just a few weeks ago, and am loving it. Last week I picked up Halo for the first time and was a little on the fence about the gameplay. I had to remind myself that it's almost six years old and I can't compare it to games that are newer like Doom 3 and Gears of War. But once I got the controls down and got into the swing of things, I have to say that I am in love with Halo. I am kicking myself now for not picking up an X-Box years ago. One thing I didn't like at all right away with Halo was the jeep or warthog or whatever it's called. The controls are so finicky and unnecessarily difficult...until I got the hang of it. I am absolutely loving it. I haven't even gotten close to beating Gears of War, because I'm spending all my time playing the six year old Halo. It's that good! And the music too is just so fitting, it seems to add that extra oomph to already exciting situations.

I'm definately getting Halo 3 when it's out. $15 for Halo was the best money I've spent in a while.

R3volv3r_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R3volv3r_Snake
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts
dont get me wrong i love shooters, i have a 360 for christs sake, im just saying that halo nver really stood out to me among other sixth generation fps games. i just hope halo 3 wont be as similar to the first 2.
Avatar image for playstation_wii
playstation_wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 playstation_wii
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts
story isn't great, but online is nice
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Me. Never really thought it deserved it's hype. I mean to me it's just another shooter. But to others it's the best game ever.

dukerav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dukerav
Member since 2003 • 2029 Posts
Well I have to disagree with you. My first Xbox game was Halo 1, and it just so happened to be the reason why I bought the system. My very first playthrough of the game was in splitscreen co-op and it just so happened to be some of the most fun I have ever had in a game, playing through alone wasnt so bad either. I was also lucky enough at the time to go to a few lan parties and play some 16 player mp goodness, ahh, great times.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
It's a pretty good game, just not one that I particularly enjoy. I don't think it's bad in any way, I just can't get into it for some reason.
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

I was never impressed with either of them mostly because I suck at using the gamepad in lieu of a keyboard and mouse. I am strangly thinking about buying halo 3 and I can't figure out why.

fanobliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fanobliv
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I have halo 2 on the XBox, it sucks so hard.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

halo = mediocre fps

i rather just read the graphic novels.

end of story.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

Halo 1 is an amazing game IMO, the campaign is one of the most fun in an FPS game for me.

Halo 2's campaign sucked HARD, but the multiplayer is addicting and especially fun when you're playing with people you actually know.

I'm looking forward to Halo 3, hopefully they fix the issues that made Halo 2's campaign so mediocre.