Who Considers Theirself as an Angry Gamer?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
I am a little bit. Only on games such as COD3 on veteran! It is making me just want to break my 360!!! COD2 on veteran to me was easy.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Yes, but angry is such an ugly word. I like to call it "passionate" + a few dozen expletives thrown in for good measure. -K
Avatar image for fivegreenaliens
fivegreenaliens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 fivegreenaliens
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts
alot of gamers whom are also GS posters seem very....Jaded...like they are grumpy all the time and some are psycho about winning matches online 
imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 imakillaholic
Oh, I am a happy guy and I don't care about winning or losing, It is just that COD3 on veteran is making me very very mad...I really never have trouble with any games I play, but for some reason COD3 is just making me want to break my 360 but I wont.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
DON'T break your 360! It's not worth it! Find a small, furry defenseless animal to exact your rage on. Much more satisfying ;) -K
imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 imakillaholic
LoL, actually I have 3 mics, so I broke one of them....lol oh well
systrayx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 systrayx6
Member since 2003 • 304 Posts
All of us gamers have anger or 'rage'  in ourselves. It happens to me alot playing in most crappy games. I notice my 'rage' increasing when playing a tear/dicapitate-the-head-off violent kinda games...namely God of War! :wink:
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
ill get pretty pissed sometimes when Im playing NBA 2k7 especially when someone shoots 3 straight 3s on you and your player was playing good D with a hand in their face, if they're wide open I can understand but three times when well defended is BS
xeekthecatx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xeekthecatx
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts
i haven't got angry while playing a game in a while. then i bought call of duty 2 and played it on veteran. holy crap... i haven't cussed so much in a long time.
Sam_Pettican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sam_Pettican
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
Yeah im kinda an angry gamer.
III-Rob-III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 III-Rob-III
Member since 2007 • 827 Posts
I do get angry all the time on games, but i keep it bottled up(cant be healthy) but the other day i brought dead of alive 4, i was going for the "get gold in time attack single" so i thought, why the hell not? So i blasted through 7 stages, and thought to myself YES im gonna do it, turns out the final boss is added in the time trial mode, and i suck against her, she is the cheapest boss EVER,henceforce my time went over by i dunno 4-5minutes, because of one person. i was so fustrated i was punching my walls and stuff, my god i was angry.
northface13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 northface13
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts
Back in the day: Halo 2 = broken contollers I've been working for months on the FIFA WC game trying to beat the challenges and one of them is impossible. I've been getting extremely pissed when I'm playing that game. It's the SOLOMON ISLANDS...they aren't supposed to be good, damnit...
him42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 him42
Member since 2004 • 6811 Posts
i'm not an angry gamer at all
jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
I'm a extreme core gamer and I never get angry I just own everything in sight.:lol:
Henbob25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Henbob25
Member since 2005 • 333 Posts
I only get angry when I can't do something on a game but when I come so close, it glitches or something. That annoys me.
TechCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TechCool
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
  I find that sometimes it's just that I need a break from the game, and when I come back to it it's easy. And then I'm like "why was I stressing so much at this part when it wasn't even that hard?" The last time I sort of freaked was in God of War, at I forget which part exactly, but somewhere near the last boss where you've gotta fight a bunch of clones of yourself. Anyways, that part was super hard, and it was super harsh since I had already been playing for several hours beforehand and clearly needed a break. But I just kept trying and getting slammed, and after freaking a few good times I finally decided to take a break. And then when I came back to it I beat it first try. I've done that so many times on so many games. Right when I come back to it it's done either the very first try or one or two thereafter.

So now when I start freaking, which ain't often, I should know that I just need to relax and take a break. But it is quite amazing how stressed one can get over a video game.
SolidKeevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 SolidKeevo
Member since 2004 • 2092 Posts
I find I vary from game to game. If I get killed in a game I'm good at like CoD2 and CoD3, I'll get a little mad. But if it is a game I know I'm not good in and just having fun, like Gears or FEAR, I'll just laugh at how I died or not care at all.
Vinja89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vinja89
Member since 2006 • 750 Posts
not ususally, but i was playing civilazation 3 on my comp the other day. wow i havent been that angry in a long long time. thats all im gonna say XD

_LEGIONS_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 _LEGIONS_
Member since 2005 • 1249 Posts

To answer your question, I find that most gamers who are angry are usually in the 15-21 age group. Just a moment playing online in Gears, Halo, Rainbow pretty much proves this as fact.

Being that I'm 31, I decide to be patient with them and hope that as time goes by, they'll eventually mature into decent people.

TrustCo1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TrustCo1971
Member since 2006 • 1721 Posts
ANGRY!...did someone call my name!????...Yes Im an angry gamer!!!!
Vinny6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vinny6
Member since 2003 • 273 Posts
only when I lose, wanna stomp my console, but then remember it costs alot and its just a game
wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts
I am a retired angry gamer... they just is no point in getting upset at a game.
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
I was playing Gears last night and me and a teamate were killing the last person on the other team and I thought I downed him so I finished him off.  My teamate went ballistic yelling at me and stuff, I was like what the hell is your problem?   I've had people kill my downs before, it happens from time to time.  Its just a kill too! some people need to relax!
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I am a little bit. Only on games such as COD3 on veteran! It is making me just want to break my 360!!! COD2 on veteran to me was easy.imakillaholic
dead or alive 4 gets me that way a lot
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I'm angry only in the sense that there are not enough rpg games out right now. Other than that, well, I'm downright mellow.
slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 slipslayer_666
Member since 2005 • 2360 Posts
Most of the time yeah i get extremely pissed at games especially when it starts being cheap, or when iam online and i end up sucking. I want to go crazy but then i remember that iam holding a 50 dollar controller and calm down.
Adam_B453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Adam_B453
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Yes, but angry is such an ugly word. I like to call it "passionate" + a few dozen expletives thrown in for good measure. -KKravyn81

Nice way of putting it :D. yeah I get P'Oed all the time, most of the time due to GoW

cyrax453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cyrax453
Member since 2004 • 1666 Posts
I can fess up to this. I will tell myself that its just a game and it doesnt matter but if im in Gears or Call of duty or Winning Eleven, well any game; I will get pissed. When people lag and kill me or score a goal I get so angry.
rockhead1490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rockhead1490
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
only angry when it comes to gears becaus more bs happens in that game then halo 2
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
Me.  Well, I am not an angry gamer when I play online.  I usually keep my cool online because I don't want the bad rep of being a terrible online gamer.  When I play offline though, I am always yelling at my tv.  Since I live in dorms, sometimes I think the people I live next to think I am insane.
Smithblat89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Smithblat89
Member since 2006 • 6041 Posts

yes, I can get very mad. I've broken two 360 controllers now.

LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts
Rainbow Six: Vegas on Realistic wound me up quite a bit.
I hated how you'd be making good progress and then a stray grenade that you didn't even see coming would just blow you away.
Also, the crashes on the MP you get now and then are irritating.

Most games wind me up from time to time.
camian69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 camian69
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts
PASSIONATE.............I love that description.......yep i'm a very 'passionate' gamer. COD2 brilliant.......COD3 passionately brilliant!!!!:P
kyle939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kyle939
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts
I am a little bit. Only on games such as COD3 on veteran! It is making me just want to break my 360!!! COD2 on veteran to me was easy.imakillaholic
LOL. What a topic. I aint so much an 'Angry Gamer', but I only get annoyed if my wirless don't react when I press a button, like a few times I've had about a 3 sec delay, and I be dead or crashes or something, then I get annoyed and have to buy a new pad, cause I smash the other one lol.
friskynjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 friskynjah
Member since 2007 • 75 Posts
i would have to say i am a really agresive gamer sometimes (mostly when playing wii sports on baseball:evil:) and on gears every so often
Wildhang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wildhang
Member since 2003 • 156 Posts
Yeah I could easily start chucking controllers out the window. But the difference between COD2 and COD3 is the fact COD3 has many more friggin bugs in it! But during my experience with COD2 the SILO stage was where I lost my cool screamed and stomped like a 6 year old. :cry:
danciu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 danciu
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
I only get mad when I play like crap.
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
I didnt think i was intil i threw my wireless controller at the ground and broke the LB butten :(
hornymushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 hornymushroom
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
when i was playing a 19 round match in gears and i had like 36 kiils and then i lagged out on the last round. i broke my mic:evil:
III-Rob-III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 III-Rob-III
Member since 2007 • 827 Posts
[QUOTE="bluem00se"] dead or alive 4 gets me that way a lot

Read my post, (1st page) DOA is the most fustrating game EVER
IM_NO_NOOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IM_NO_NOOB
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts
[QUOTE="III-Rob-III"][QUOTE="bluem00se"] dead or alive 4 gets me that way a lot

DOA does it for me too, I love how I can be having a flawless match, and the AI has got almost no health, then all of a sudden I can land a hit to save my life, and they just juggle me for like a 20 hit combo and im dead. I almost twisted my controller in half. The end boss.....I want to kill everyone I see after fighting that whore.
ss_713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ss_713
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts

Only in rare circumstances. Like a couple nights ago when during a laggy round of RB6V coop terrorist hunt, I had unloaded several UMP45 rounds into a terrorists face and yet somehow, he didn't die and proceeded to kill me with his SPAS.

Or like when I was playing team sharpshooter in LVU campus and a group of idiotic, pre-pubescent 12 year olds spawn killed my team for a full 20 minutes and then at the end of the match had the balls to say "you guys got pwned!!" , in their annoying high voices.

Things like that turn me into an angry gamer.

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#43 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
Im an angry gamer, sometimes:roll:
jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#44 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts

Depends on the game.  NBA Jam back in the day used to make me mad with the 'fair play' programming that always kept the games close and would cause me to lose to 3/4 to full court 3 pointers at the buzzer.  The lag in Gears angered me so I quit playing.  Sloppy controls on a game I was enjoying can get to me.  In terms of yelling or shattering a controller:  NBA Jam - I used to yell.  FIFA: 06 WC: Broke controller and had to patch a wall doing 1 of the challenges (I was drinking though).  Street Fighter EX A:  Fighting Akuma I destroyed a controller.

LOL...I had real problems when I fell out of gaming for 2 years and started again.  After I started again I got the original XBOX in late '01 and pummeled a couple controllers at the time.  I had alot of pent up aggression from the military.

Since then I've calmed down alot.  I've only broken 1 360 controller and now just turn a game off instead of yelling or whatever.  I was tired of making myself look like an a$$.  The FIFA one was last year and was the final wake up call I needed.

smacker87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 smacker87
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts
i dont get angry at games when im playing alone....like in a campaign mode or playin a sports game by myself...but i dont know what it is....but...i do tend to get a little more "passionate" when im playin against a friend or against someone online. the only games i can realli recall me getting angry online are madden,svr 2007, and ncaa college hoops 2k7....i guess its just the thought of when ur losing that somewhere across the country some bastard has a smile on his/her face at my expense....grr! lol nah but im not that bad with it.....ill jus cuss a little bit  and get over it lol
foxy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 foxy42
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts
O man....takes a lot to wind me up, but when the BASTARD CHEATING AI on the hardest difficulty in Pro Evo 6 starts cheating (ie magically ghosting through my tackles and scoring all their goals with rebounds, or passing faster than realistically feasible, or shooting and scoring from totally impossible angles, or fouling and not getting called on it, or...blah blah)...Lucky those controllers are wireless or my xbox could have followed one of mine off the balcony the other day (j/k). I don't mind losing if it's my mistake, I can learn from that, cheating AI seriously pisses me off though, I'm getting angry now just thinking about it.
paradyme777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 paradyme777
Member since 2005 • 5308 Posts

O man....takes a lot to wind me up, but when the BASTARD CHEATING AI on the hardest difficulty in Pro Evo 6 starts cheating (ie magically ghosting through my tackles and scoring all their goals with rebounds, or passing faster than realistically feasible, or shooting and scoring from totally impossible angles, or fouling and not getting called on it, or...blah blah)...Lucky those controllers are wireless or my xbox could have followed one of mine off the balcony the other day (j/k). I don't mind losing if it's my mistake, I can learn from that, cheating AI seriously pisses me off though, I'm getting angry now just thinking about it.foxy42

I'm with you in that on just about any game.  For instance in COD2 on Veteran even though your teammates are in a line in front of you and they are all shooting at the Germans and I go to peak my head up and every single German focuses on me.  Yeah that makes sense. 

Besides A.I. I don't get mad while playing online against people.  I do get irritated and actually quit but other then that I don't call anybody names.

BuffysFaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BuffysFaith
Member since 2006 • 2007 Posts
[QUOTE="III-Rob-III"]I do get angry all the time on games, but i keep it bottled up(cant be healthy) but the other day i brought dead of alive 4, i was going for the "get gold in time attack single" so i thought, why the hell not? So i blasted through 7 stages, and thought to myself YES im gonna do it, turns out the final boss is added in the time trial mode, and i suck against her, she is the cheapest boss EVER,henceforce my time went over by i dunno 4-5minutes, because of one person. i was so fustrated i was punching my walls and stuff, my god i was angry.

Change your rounds to one win. I got the Gold in Time Attack that way. 2 and a half minutes and I was done. Oh and I'm not an anger gamer... if I get too frustrated I switch games and go back to that one later on.
LUC_22xbx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LUC_22xbx360
Member since 2006 • 551 Posts
[QUOTE="III-Rob-III"][QUOTE="bluem00se"] dead or alive 4 gets me that way a lot

YES, its toooo difficult:evil:I have only 4 achievements on that gameI hate alphaa:cry:
LUC_22xbx360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LUC_22xbx360
Member since 2006 • 551 Posts
I think that the controllers would have airbags