This topic is locked from further discussion.

CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CTUDude
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

With Boxing Day sales in Canada I'm really tempted to buy a 360, just not sure which.

Elite or Pro?

I'm probably just going to buy it for exclusives, doubt I'll play online much. I really like the Elite cause it's black but I don't see the point in dropping an extra $100 for black, and additional space that I probably won't use (use my PS3 to watch videos, etc).

Anyways my one concern is that the Pro dirties. Does the white controller dirty easily or can it withstand dirt with some wiping down?

Thanks!

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Go with the pro and just keep it dust free,wash your hands,and yes a good wiping is more than enough to clean most of it.
sagameister3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#3 sagameister3
Member since 2004 • 598 Posts
If you have an hdtv and are planning on downloading demos, movies etc. from the 360 then I recommend just getting the elite since it comes with an hdmi cable ( costs 50-60 seperate) plus it has the gigs(an extra 120 or so seperate) for future downloads that won't cluter in the near future.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

If you have an hdtv and are planning on downloading demos, movies etc. from the 360 then I recommend just getting the elite since it comes with an hdmi cable ( costs 50-60 seperate) plus it has the gigs(an extra 120 or so seperate) for future downloads that won't cluter in the near future.sagameister3

Demos are never really that big and the pro has 60 GB. Also there's a site that sells HDMI cords dirt cheap. Plus he's going to use his PS3 for movies.

CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CTUDude

If you have an hdtv and are planning on downloading demos, movies etc. from the 360 then I recommend just getting the elite since it comes with an hdmi cable ( costs 50-60 seperate) plus it has the gigs(an extra 120 or so seperate) for future downloads that won't cluter in the near future.sagameister3

I picked up HDMI cords for my PS3 for like $10 lol, my only real concern with Pro is the colour.

[QUOTE="sagameister3"]If you have an hdtv and are planning on downloading demos, movies etc. from the 360 then I recommend just getting the elite since it comes with an hdmi cable ( costs 50-60 seperate) plus it has the gigs(an extra 120 or so seperate) for future downloads that won't cluter in the near future.craigalan23

Demos are never really that big and the pro has 60 GB. Also there's a site that sells HDMI cords dirt cheap. Plus he's going to use his PS3 for movies.

Thanks for the help lol. Also thanks for reading my whole post so you understood it all, about the PS3, etc =P I'm still hesitent on the 'more than enough to clean' part. Argh, if they only made a 60 GB Black ='( Anyways I'm going to think this through some more, not sure if I want to drop $400+ for 3 games (Halo 3, Gears, Gears 2). Thanks for the help though.
Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts
I have a Pro 360 and so far the color has held up really well. I would definitely not recommend spending an extra $100 on an Elite just to get it black - if you're that worried about color just get a faceplate and console skin of your choosing instead. It would be much cheaper and there's a lot of options.
CTUDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CTUDude
I have a Pro 360 and so far the color has held up really well. I would definitely not recommend spending an extra $100 on an Elite just to get it black - if you're that worried about color just get a faceplate and console skin of your choosing instead. It would be much cheaper and there's a lot of options. Alpha_S_
I'm most worried about the controller, I'm pretty sure the console will hold up. It's just that I don't want my controller to turn 'piss yellow' in a way lol. Any other recommendations?
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

Don't get the Elite, it's a huge rip off. Just go with the Pro one. I've had my controller for almost a year now and it still looks really white and doesn't have any stains on it or nothing.

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Pro is enough, now that it comes with 60gb. And Future shop is giving Halo 3 and stranglehold with them tomorrow.
planetkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 planetkyle
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts
I've had my same 360 Pro (20gb LOL) since mid 2006, and my controller looks next to new. I've downloaded demos, expansion packs etc, and still have 7gb or so left. Ive had the original unit sent out once to Microsoft for repair. I'd highly recommend the Pro, for $299 its a great machine.