Whats You'r Most Dissapointing Final Boss Battle?? (Spoliers)

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JustinSane311
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

I just beat Fable II and I have to say, that the battle against Lucien has got to be on of the most dissapointing final boss battles ever. Come on, this guy killed your sister, your wife and kids, your dog and shot you twice and all you do is play a music box to defeat him by holding down the A button.

ARRRGGGGG!!! I'm so frustrated right now. Anyway I want to hear what some of you guys think were some of your most dissapointing final boss battles.

Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts

I was going to post the same thing. Poor dog. I miss it.:(

l33isb345t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 l33isb345t
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

Gears of War 2's last boss wasn't really a boss. You couldn't die, and all you did was point at a HUGE target, and hold RT!

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JustinSane311

Gears of War 2's last boss wasn't really a boss. You couldn't die, and all you did was point at a HUGE target, and hold RT!

l33isb345t
That battle was also a big let down. Atleast in Gears 1 you ended the game by finishing off Ramm.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts

Resident Evil 5. Enjoyed the game except for Chapter 4-2 and that fight but considering it was Wesker that I was fighting, I expected alot more and not some uninspired fight of him running around after you with instant kill attacks. The fact that you somehow actually kill Wesker made it even worse. Wesker = Resident Evil. Hell, he was even involved in 4. If they make another one that isn't some random universe like Outbreak or something and he's not alive(I don't see how you really kill him in the first place), then RE will be forever lost to me.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Resident Evil 5. Enjoyed the game except for Chapter 4-2 and that fight but considering it was Wesker that I was fighting, I expected alot more and not some uninspired fight of him running around after you with instant kill attacks. The fact that you somehow actually kill Wesker made it even worse. Wesker = Resident Evil. Hell, he was even involved in 4. If they make another one that isn't some random universe like Outbreak or something and he's not alive(I don't see how you really kill him in the first place), then RE will be forever lost to me.

dukebd699
Somehow I don't think we saw the last of Wesker. I doubt that he died since the lava didn't instantly kill him. Capcom will bring him back, they have to :lol:
enix165

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 enix165
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

Probably Final Fantasy 7:Crisis Core, if that counts. That last boss was a pushover compared to Sephiroth, whom you fight two or three chapters earlier. I just spammed Hell Firaga, he barely touched me. XD

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dukebd699
[QUOTE="dukebd699"]

Toriko42
Somehow I don't think we saw the last of Wesker. I doubt that he died since the lava didn't instantly kill him. Capcom will bring him back, they have to :lol:

That's what I figured but you never know. That would make me angry if he was dead. In my mind, he IS the greatest villain of video game history. Not only is he a badass but he evolves every game. How many villains do that?
Wii9Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wii9Hero
Member since 2007 • 1244 Posts

Gears of War 2 is the most recent final boss I fought. That was most certainly a let down. Sure it was a nice victory level, but it just made the game end bland. They should have made you fight the queen, but have her "too powerful" and end up retreating or something.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Omni-Wrath
I brought my dog back to life :) Yeah Fable IIs final boss was a joke.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="dukebd699"]

dukebd699

That's what I figured but you never know. That would make me angry if he was dead. In my mind, he IS the greatest villain of video game history. Not only is he a badass but he evolves every game. How many villains do that?

He will be back, why would they just kill off such a major character to the series. Once you find out that he is still alive in RE6 or whenever then it will show you some flashback cut scene of how he survive the lava as he tells you all about it then fights you or unleashes some beast on you.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="JustinSane311"][QUOTE="l33isb345t"]

That battle was also a big let down. Atleast in Gears 1 you ended the game by finishing off Ramm.

The boss fights in Gears 2 were pretty bad, the ending one and against the chainsaw guy. The only recent game that I have played where I enjoyed the boss fights was Resident Evil 5.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
The final boss for Gears of War II was an absolute joke, literally. I enjoyed the final boss in Resident Evil 5 quite a bit. It didn't compare to the boss at 6-2, though.
FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

l33isb345t

You could die, but you had to try and die LoL, and yes it was dissapointing.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

dukebd699
Uh your fighting Wesker, the man who can dodge bullets and in hand to hand combat is completely unmatched. It would have been lame of them to either throw out those abilities to give you a chance or allow you to beat him despite having those overpowering abilities. The style of the fight made perfect sense, also you could fight back if you wanted to, you would just get an ass kicking. You can actually stun him and get a few shots in.
Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Caprellid
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts

gears 2 boss is the most disappointing....it wasn't even an ending..

Sam_Pettican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Sam_Pettican
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts

The final boss on Gears of War 2 was the biggest dissapointment for me, what a joke compared to Gears of War's final boss.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="dukebd699"]

dukebd699

Yes, it'd be awesome if he like spliced his DNA to make a clone so the real Wesker didn't have to deal with anything in Africa...I'd dig it
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Resident Evil 4. Two rockets and the guy is dead. It takes about 5 seconds to kill him. RE5 had a great end boss though.

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dukebd699
[QUOTE="dukebd699"]

Sepewrath
Uh your fighting Wesker, the man who can dodge bullets and in hand to hand combat is completely unmatched. It would have been lame of them to either throw out those abilities to give you a chance or allow you to beat him despite having those overpowering abilities. The style of the fight made perfect sense, also you could fight back if you wanted to, you would just get an ass kicking. You can actually stun him and get a few shots in.

In older games, it wasn't such a boring fight.
ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ssc604
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts

for people who have finished RE5 remember when SPENCER said "the only wesker baby the survived, was you" before he got the RHINO CHARGE from wesker,

what i think was happening throughout the different games is, you're going against different weskers

freakonature24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freakonature24
Member since 2007 • 495 Posts

The final boss in Gears 2 was lame and it kinda ruined the ending for me because it was so anticlimatic.

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dukebd699

for people who have finished RE5 remember when SPENCER said "the only wesker baby the survived, was you" before he got the RHINO CHARGE from wesker,

what i think was happening throughout the different games is, you're going against different weskers

ssc604
I'm assuming you haven't played the older games then. He had a sister who he killed himself. Wesker doesn't die because he isn't human or a zombie. He is a combination of both which is why he gets stronger. As the virus becomes stronger and evolves, so does he.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Probabaly not the most dissapointing ever but recently yeah RE5. Whesker looked like he would be an epic boss battle, reminded me of the tryrants and Birkin but he was a little too easy on Veteran (almost up to him on professional). Probabaly the hardest thing of that battle was trying to button mash that damn rock lol. Perhaps if it had been a little bit more shoot him, dodge, run, shoot dodge it would be better, more of a challenge. As for him appearing again, who knows. The hinting at re6 was that it was going to be a "complete reboot" which could mean new characters and also re5 was supposed to end the main resident evil storyline. We will have to wait and see in a few years.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

l33isb345t

my thoughts exactly

ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ssc604

[QUOTE="ssc604"]

dukebd699

I'm assuming you haven't played the older games then. He had a sister who he killed himself. Wesker doesn't die because he isn't human or a zombie. He is a combination of both which is why he gets stronger. As the virus becomes stronger and evolves, so does he.

yeah i did play the older games, well 1 2 and 3 but when i played those i was a little kid lol, never read those files, thought it was the gayest thing ever,

but anyways, still doesn't answer the wesker babies comment, and whats that got to do with his sis?

vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts
gears of war 2, but also halo 3
ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ssc604

Probabaly not the most dissapointing ever but recently yeah RE5. Whesker looked like he would be an epic boss battle, reminded me of the tryrants and Birkin but he was a little too easy on Veteran (almost up to him on professional). Probabaly the hardest thing of that battle was trying to button mash that damn rock lol. Perhaps if it had been a little bit more shoot him, dodge, run, shoot dodge it would be better, more of a challenge. As for him appearing again, who knows. The hinting at re6 was that it was going to be a "complete reboot" which could mean new characters and also re5 was supposed to end the main resident evil storyline. We will have to wait and see in a few years.

October_Tide

if its true and the fact that i heard it from you first, i'd f*cking hate you, jill valentine should forever be in the RE storylines, who cares about wesker haha

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
SPOILER SORT OF! FABLE 2 doesn't even have a final boss thats how bad it is! you think your gonna face him then somebody else just kills him...leaves you shouting ******* at your T.V. screen and then you get some poor ending.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#30 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
Lucien wasnt even a boss he was a cutscene hehe and the worst has to be the lambent brumak if that counts
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dukebd699

[QUOTE="dukebd699"][QUOTE="ssc604"]

ssc604

yeah i did play the older games, well 1 2 and 3 but when i played those i was a little kid lol, never read those files, thought it was the gayest thing ever,

but anyways, still doesn't answer the wesker babies comment, and whats that got to do with his sis?

It does answer the babies comment. If he had a sister(twin), then there would be two babies. If he was the only one to survive, then it would make sense. If there were multiple Weskers, there would just be too many loopholes because of it. You'd have to assume they were working together for a long time and it would just throw everything off.
ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ssc604

[QUOTE="ssc604"]

[QUOTE="dukebd699"] I'm assuming you haven't played the older games then. He had a sister who he killed himself. Wesker doesn't die because he isn't human or a zombie. He is a combination of both which is why he gets stronger. As the virus becomes stronger and evolves, so does he.dukebd699

It does answer the babies comment. If he had a sister(twin), then there would be two babies. If he was the only one to survive, then it would make sense. If there were multiple Weskers, there would just be too many loopholes because of it. You'd have to assume they were working together for a long time and it would just throw everything off.

actually hear me out for a second, total random guess so don't hate, just discussion,

what if they were all cloned after RE1 when he first took the shot, and wesker did respond to the "you're the only one to survive" he said something about " you mean i was created?"

so all the clones have the same thoughts and ideas, cause they the same person, but they don't know that there are more of him around, cause he was never informed until he saw spencer at the mansion and killed him

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dukebd699

[QUOTE="dukebd699"][QUOTE="ssc604"]

ssc604

actually hear me out for a second, total random guess so don't hate, just discussion,

what if they were all cloned after RE1 when he first took the shot, and wesker did respond to the "you're the only one to survive" he said something about " you mean i was created?"

so all the clones have the same thoughts and ideas, cause they the same person, but they don't know that there are more of him around, cause he was never informed until he saw spencer at the mansion and killed him

I'm not saying it isn't possible but it isn't likely. Going back to the same cutscene, I think the whole God comment makes it seem he survived all of those encounters making him a God. Or that's how I took it.
ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ssc604
[QUOTE="ssc604"]

[QUOTE="dukebd699"] It does answer the babies comment. If he had a sister(twin), then there would be two babies. If he was the only one to survive, then it would make sense. If there were multiple Weskers, there would just be too many loopholes because of it. You'd have to assume they were working together for a long time and it would just throw everything off.dukebd699

I'm not saying it isn't possible but it isn't likely. Going back to the same cutscene, I think the whole God comment makes it seem he survived all of those encounters making him a God. Or that's how I took it.

battle you to the end i shall, we will find out when the next one comes haha, another couple years?
Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts

Gears of War 2.. YES you could die.. but yeah all you do it just use the hammer of down on a giant not moving Brumak .. I mean it was more like a torture toward that big beast, other than a fight

DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts

Omni-Wrath
that's why I picked love at the end, so I could get my little buddy back hahaha. I cared more about my dog then the thousands of people who died at the tower lol I have to say...when Lucien shot the dog...I was so pissed off. I was pumped for a boss battle where I could kick his ass. Oh well
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Gears of War 2s it was so horrible they should have just made the one when you are inside that thing cutting though
djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
343 guiltyspark in halo 3
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
gears of war 2
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

[QUOTE="ssc604"]

[QUOTE="dukebd699"] It does answer the babies comment. If he had a sister(twin), then there would be two babies. If he was the only one to survive, then it would make sense. If there were multiple Weskers, there would just be too many loopholes because of it. You'd have to assume they were working together for a long time and it would just throw everything off.dukebd699

there is a file below the control room that goes into detail about Wesker and his file is detailed too (the library file). Wesker is somewhat of a clone from the info. in his file in RE5 it details how every Wesker was conditioned to seek out Spencer and it was the Wesker we know that was able to bond with the virus in him. As for him being dead, if you watch really carefully the RPG's miss his head and hit the lava behind him. my money is that that sob is still alive and really pissed off

djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
also, Melbu Framah from Legend of Dragoon. GREATEST GAME EVER
JMaster985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JMaster985
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts

I agree with RE4, easiest boss fight in a long time. Other than that though I have to say Fallout 3. Thought I was going to have to kill my way back to the purifier, instead a giant robot did it for me (which was amusing). Then that enclave guy whipped out a pistol on me, and that was the last baddie. Disappointing.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#43 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

l33isb345t
mmhmm. it made me angry! but I think Fable 2 was the most disappointing by far :P
dracosummoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dracosummoner
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
I'm not even sure if this was meant to be a "final boss." Colonel Autumn in Fallout 3. (The long set-piece battle that led up to the "end fight" was nothing short of spectacular, though.)
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Fable 2, Bioshock, RE5, Fallout3, and I'm sure there are more I cannot name.

MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#46 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts

fallout 3 and fable 2 for sure

HaDoKeN_NaTe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HaDoKeN_NaTe
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

easiy ff10...you couldn't die! so pointless

purple_pride99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#48 purple_pride99
Member since 2008 • 825 Posts

Definitely Gears of War 2, at least recently.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JustinSane311

I agree with RE4, easiest boss fight in a long time. Other than that though I have to say Fallout 3. Thought I was going to have to kill my way back to the purifier, instead a giant robot did it for me (which was amusing). Then that enclave guy whipped out a pistol on me, and that was the last baddie. Disappointing.

JMaster985
Totally Agree!! Fallout 3 sets you up for a giant fight back to the purifier and lets you down. However a giant anti-communist transformer robot made the last moments Epic.
jackophant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jackophant
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

Fable II is the most dissapointing. I was so dissapointed by that, I sold the game 30 minutes after I beat it. I was planning to play through it multiple times but that changed my mind. It Sucked!