What the HELL was Infinity Ward thinking?!

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

Hello folks. I don't know if a thread has been made about this before but I did it anyway.

If you don't already know, a patch for CoD4 was released a couple days ago to cap the fire rate on semi auto guns. This fixes the modded controller problem BUT screws over semi auto weapons more than they are. I have like 10 days playtime on this game and I've ran into a modded controller user maybe... 5 times? They always suck ass anyways because that's why they use the mod. Here's a very nice comparison video I found...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFIUEJFYX0Y

After watching, I know most of you are like "grow up you noob it's not that bad it only takes a few hits anyways." You're the noob because you can't even shoot fast enough to notice the cap it it doesn't effect you anyways. Probably some M16 3X frag user that never needs to use the side arm at all.

I don't like bragging but after practice I was able to empty a desert eagle clip in just over a second. This kills someone instantly when they walk in a door and if you don't believe me the link to my youtube is in my sig. So basically guns which already sucked now suck more and are completely useless. I guess there IS an upside to this though. Those who use stuff like the G3 and M14 are now super easy to destroy :twisted:.

My question to Infinity Ward is "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU PATCH THE M16 AND X3 FRAG?! WHY?!?!?"

That is all.

Actually, one more thing. This patch will most likely be in MW2...

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts
Yeah i don't know why they did this either and also,i too can empty a Desert Eagle in a little over a second,hey if you play paintball alot your trigger finger get's pretty fast.:D
Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rainbow_Lion
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts

It's impossible to empty a Desert Eagle in a second in real life so why would you want to do it in CoD? :?

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RobboElRobbo

It's impossible to empty a Desert Eagle in a second in real life so why would you want to do it in CoD? :?

Rainbow_Lion
Oh. My. God. I knew someone would say this. What do you think the reason for playing video games is? THEY AREN'T REAL THUS MAKING THEM FUN. If you want realism go fight for your country in real life.
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
This has been in WaW since near launch, it hasn't caused anyone any problems.
Rainbow_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rainbow_Lion
Member since 2007 • 1771 Posts
[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"][QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"]

Oh. My. God. I knew someone would say this. What do you think the reason for playing video games is? THEY AREN'T REAL THUS MAKING THEM FUN. If you want realism go fight for your country in real life.

Yeah well I make a good point, you're just crying because you just wasted your money on a modded controller :P
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"]

RobboElRobbo

Well if you want to shoot fast... Heed your own words and go play another damn game.

/thread

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RobboElRobbo
This has been in WaW since near launch, it hasn't caused anyone any problems.Englandfc1966
Only noticable on the M1 Garand. The magnum is unaffected. But I could care less about WaW.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"]

RobboElRobbo

Let Infinity Ward decide how much realism they want in their games.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RobboElRobbo
People have already failed to realize that this patch has NOTHING to do with realism.
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 D0ub13_5c0r3
Member since 2009 • 2084 Posts
Damnit, I was planning on getting this game again. I used to love to use the handguns, shooting as fast as I can, but now I won't be able to. Ahh hell, I guess I'll still get it. Updated or not, it won't really matter. Its still a great game.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
People have already failed to realize that this patch has NOTHING to do with realism.RobboElRobbo
Yes, it has to do with fixing broken weapon mechanics. The patch fixes them.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RobboElRobbo
[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"]People have already failed to realize that this patch has NOTHING to do with realism.KHAndAnime
Yes, it has to do with fixing broken weapon mechanics. The patch fixes them.

*sigh* All it did was fix modded controller issues... nothing else... If you can PROVE it then go ahead.
OneBadLT123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 OneBadLT123
Member since 2005 • 1152 Posts

All I am hearing from you is "Wahhhhh! Wahhhh" They took away my modded controller glitch. "Wahhhh!" IW Sux0rs OMG! Video game! Not real! Wahhh!

Get over it. IW can do whatever the hell they want with their game. The pistols in the game were broken, and now they are fixed.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Good - it's good to see they are taking action against people using modded controllers. And yes this patch is likely a trial to see how well it works before implementing it into MW2. It will give IW a lot of feedback on how well it works and any problems with it, so MW2 can be balanced better.
Timesplitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Timesplitt
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts

from watching that video and seeing the pistol fire all those bullets in a mere second or two is unrealistic as can be, every fan of COD4 brags about how awesomly realistic it is. from watching that pistol I'd say otherwise

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yep now if they would just add something like this in gears because modded controllers are getting out of hand there too this had better become a trend with games capping the fire rates. Only people that are mad over this are modded controller users. I already know what some people are gonna say "oh im skilled and i can fire that fast legit" well sorrry dudes but thats over and more importantly the mod users are screwed.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RobboElRobbo
What I don't think you guy's realize is that there are like no modded controller users anyways, if we were overran I would be happy about this patch but otherwise it was just a huge waste of time... like I said they could have used this time to patch the M16 which I'm sure you all agree. Modded controllers are like what... 150 bucks? Nobody buys them.
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Buttons1990

What I don't think you guy's realize is that there are like no modded controller users anyways, if we were overran I would be happy about this patch but otherwise it was just a huge waste of time... like I said they could have used this time to patch the M16 which I'm sure you all agree. Modded controllers are like what... 150 bucks? Nobody buys them.RobboElRobbo

Obviously you don't play Hardcore... Virtually every single room of hardcore search or TDM I enter, there are 2+ people using them... Don't assume that just because you haven't seen any, they aren't there.... there are millions of people who have played CoD4 online and I doubt you have played with them all...

kthxbye.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Buttons1990

What I don't think you guy's realize is that there are like no modded controller users anyways, if we were overran I would be happy about this patch but otherwise it was just a huge waste of time... like I said they could have used this time to patch the M16 which I'm sure you all agree. Modded controllers are like what... 150 bucks? Nobody buys them.RobboElRobbo

Also $150? No... Maybe if you get them decked out with pretty lights and turbo switches for more than one button... but a simple mod can be had for only $60-$70... Or if you have a solder gun or something similar, you can make a mod yourself for free in less than 5 minutes...

So once again, WRONG.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RobboElRobbo

[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"]What I don't think you guy's realize is that there are like no modded controller users anyways, if we were overran I would be happy about this patch but otherwise it was just a huge waste of time... like I said they could have used this time to patch the M16 which I'm sure you all agree. Modded controllers are like what... 150 bucks? Nobody buys them.Buttons1990

Obviously you don't play Hardcore... Virtually every single room of hardcore search or TDM I enter, there are 2+ people using them... Don't assume that just because you haven't seen any, they aren't there.... there are millions of people who have played CoD4 online and I doubt you have played with them all...

kthxbye.

I don't play hardcore. I don't like it. And to fix your problem, simply don't play HC...
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Buttons1990

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"]What I don't think you guy's realize is that there are like no modded controller users anyways, if we were overran I would be happy about this patch but otherwise it was just a huge waste of time... like I said they could have used this time to patch the M16 which I'm sure you all agree. Modded controllers are like what... 150 bucks? Nobody buys them.RobboElRobbo

kthxbye.

I don't play hardcore. I don't like it. And to fix your problem, simply don't play HC...

And like I said, to fix your dislike for this update, go play another game... No one is forcing you to play CoD4.

Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

I welcome the update, I think it's good progress against people using modded controllers. I've certainly encountered numerous instances of players who have modded controllers and it really is annoying, granted it's not an I win button but it provides an unfair advantage in the right hands. Plus I've not had any problems since the update with using my side-arm, so all in all I reckon it was a good fix :).

patrickphan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 patrickphan2
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts

oh no wonder why i couldn't shoot fast with my m9. It's ok though, IW did a good job with this patch and all those modders can cry because they wasted their money.

Carnifex726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Carnifex726
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts

[QUOTE="Rainbow_Lion"]

RobboElRobbo

lol, calm down bud

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"]What I don't think you guy's realize is that there are like no modded controller users anyways, if we were overran I would be happy about this patch but otherwise it was just a huge waste of time... like I said they could have used this time to patch the M16 which I'm sure you all agree. Modded controllers are like what... 150 bucks? Nobody buys them.RobboElRobbo

kthxbye.

Modded controllers ARE a problem online, and unless developers take steps to nullify them they will become an increasing problem. Infinity Ward acted now, and it means these controllers won't have an advantage in MW2, so fewer people will go out and buy them. It makes it better and fairer for everyone else.

Hopefully other developers of AAA shooters will also incorporate this, and the days of modded controllers will be over

jimivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jimivey
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"][QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

kthxbye.

Buttons1990

And like I said, to fix your dislike for this update, go play another game... No one is forcing you to play CoD4.

Just how exactly do you know that people are using modded controllers?

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RobboElRobbo

[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"][QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

kthxbye.

Avenger1324

Modded controllers ARE a problem online, and unless developers take steps to nullify them they will become an increasing problem. Infinity Ward acted now, and it means these controllers won't have an advantage in MW2, so fewer people will go out and buy them. It makes it better and fairer for everyone else.

Hopefully other developers of AAA shooters will also incorporate this, and the days of modded controllers will be over

Treyarch was able to patch their game without problems though. The handguns work fine in World at War. I can notice it real bad on the Garand but I think it was meant to be that way on purpose to balance guns but that failed. The Gewehr you can fire as fast as you want. My problem with the CoD4 bit is that what the patch did was make underpowered guns worse. There is no point to patching the desert eagle seeing as it on has 7 rounds and a mod with it is pointless. To be honest, I don't care about the M14, and I could live with the nerfed G3, but the handguns didn't need it. M9 is ok with the patch because it has 15(?) rounds and I've seen mods with it. USP doesn't because it has 12 rounds and once again a modded controller would be useless with it.
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

I think the patch was a great idea, for one, you really don't need to shoot a gun that fast and two its just gives the people who are a**holes and bought a modded controller a big f*** you.

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
if you play paintball alot your trigger finger get's pretty fast.:DxxxCr00k3dxxx
That's exactly why I can shoot fast. As long as they don't nerf the fire rate of the G43 in WaW I'll be fine. I prefer the AK47 in CoD4 anyway.
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 agpickle

Shooting a paintball gun fast has nothing to do do with shooting a gun fast in COD4. :roll:

RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RAMRODtheMASTER
This game wasn't realistic from start anyway. In real life you can't fire a Barret 50 cal from the hip.nick_manthe
You can but you'd be flat on your ass after one shot. The only way you'd want to is laying down.
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RAMRODtheMASTER
[QUOTE="glesniak"]

All I am hearing from you is "Wahhhhh! Wahhhh" They took away my modded controller glitch. "Wahhhh!" IW Sux0rs OMG! Video game! Not real! Wahhh!

Get over it. IW can do whatever the hell they want with their game. The pistols in the game were broken, and now they are fixed.

Too be honest with you it's really eay to rapid fire a 9mm pistol in real life so the pistols were'nt really broken. The only one that was broken was the Desert Eagle, which if rapid fired will snap your wrist.
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RAMRODtheMASTER

Shooting a paintball gun fast has nothing to do do with shooting a gun fast in COD4. :roll:

agpickle
Actually if you have smaller fingers like I do you can walk the trigger very fast. So training your trigger pull can increase your firing speed.
Saulgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Saulgill
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

thats how it should be

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RobboElRobbo

I think the patch was a great idea, for one, you really don't need to shoot a gun that fast and two its just gives the people who are a**holes and bought a modded controller a big f*** you.

agpickle
You don't in fact NEED to, but it sure as hell has saved my life 100's of times.
agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 agpickle

[QUOTE="agpickle"]

RobboElRobbo

You don't in fact NEED to, but it sure as hell has saved my life 100's of times.

If you agree that you don't need to why are you making a big deal out of it?

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RobboElRobbo

[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"][QUOTE="agpickle"]

agpickle

If you agree that you don't need to why are you making a big deal out of it?

What I meant by that is you aren't forced to. You aren't firing that fast to survive in real life.
Brak_N_Zorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Brak_N_Zorak
Member since 2003 • 969 Posts
i played earlier and i didn't notice any diff. i was curious what the download was when it said there was an update. i can shoot an entire clip from my DE in a few seconds so it is unrealistic and poor technique on my part. i rack disciprine. :( i just remembered that when i held the tigger halfway in the hand guns and semi-auto guns would fire like full-auto guns.
WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

I believe they're trying to thwart modders so that everyone will have a more enjoyable experience. I run into modders in COD4 virtually every time I play it.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Yeah I did not even notice so this has no effect at all...

ocean4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ocean4
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The only people who are pissed about this are the people who bought modded controllers. I didn't even notice until I saw some video on youtube. If you so mad stop whining here and go play another freaking game. I bet the only reason your so pissed is because you just got yourself a shiny new modded controller and now its useless :(
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RobboElRobbo
The only people who are pissed about this are the people who bought modded controllers. I didn't even notice until I saw some video on youtube. If you so mad stop whining here and go play another freaking game. I bet the only reason your so pissed is because you just got yourself a shiny new modded controller and now its useless :(ocean4
http://youtube.com/robboelrobbo
ocean4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ocean4
[QUOTE="ocean4"]The only people who are pissed about this are the people who bought modded controllers. I didn't even notice until I saw some video on youtube. If you so mad stop whining here and go play another freaking game. I bet the only reason your so pissed is because you just got yourself a shiny new modded controller and now its useless :(RobboElRobbo

Ok..... done advertising your channel now?
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RobboElRobbo
[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"][QUOTE="ocean4"]The only people who are pissed about this are the people who bought modded controllers. I didn't even notice until I saw some video on youtube. If you so mad stop whining here and go play another freaking game. I bet the only reason your so pissed is because you just got yourself a shiny new modded controller and now its useless :(ocean4

Ok..... done advertising your channel now?

Drilling it into all the idiot's heads that I don't in fact use a mod. Next person that mentions me having one I won't say anything.
ocean4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ocean4
Oh suuuure you dont have a mod. If you didn't have one you would stop whining. Of course you wouldn't use your mod in your videos. The patch isnt the end of the freaking world. Just deal with it.
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 D0ub13_5c0r3
Member since 2009 • 2084 Posts
All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't get a modded controller.