What is Force Feedback?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I was thinking about getting the racing wheel, but I was wondering what exactly Force Feedback Is? Is it Rumble like in the Controlers?
Illidan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Illidan311
Member since 2003 • 500 Posts
it's like if you are turning around a sharp corner going too fast, the wheel will push the opposite way and make it harder to turn, kinda like in a real car. at least i'm pretty sure that's what it is
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
rumble is one characteristic of force feedback.  for a controller, force feedback is rumble.
Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts

rumble is one characteristic of force feedback. for a controller, force feedback is rumble.eclipsed4utoo

For a wheel, rumble is not force feedback. The MS wheel can simulate all the dips and bumps of a track on the wheel on games that support it (like Forza 2). That's force feedback for a wheel. 

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts

[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"]rumble is one characteristic of force feedback. for a controller, force feedback is rumble.Ranger_x8b

For a wheel, rumble is not force feedback. The MS wheel can simulate all the dips and bumps of a track on the wheel on games that support it (like Forza 2). That's force feedback for a wheel.

that's why I said "FOR A CONTROLLER". 

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
I was thinking about getting the racing wheel, but I was wondering what exactly Force Feedback Is? Is it Rumble like in the Controlers?
black_awpN1
Force feedback is where a stick or wheel applies the same force youd get from the actual action in the game if it was in real life. While rumble is just misc vibrating. Force feedback is very good in some places, while rumble... not so much.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11935 Posts
Force feedback is anything from the rumble you feel in the controller to a push against you while you're trying to turn.
amroe333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 amroe333
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
basically, force feedback means that the wheel applies force when you turn it.  (Newton's third law)