what do you want in gears 2?

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101 gamekingpin
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
New weapons, new maps, better explosions, a battle in the swamps, bigger monsters, new uniforms, and online players who came to play hard and have fun and leave their egoes and attitudes back in the real world. Nothing I hate more than people who talk like a badass online knowing damn well that they would get curb stomped in real life.
sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

I want a longer single player, and as for multiplayer which has a good idea but they should spend more time fixing bugs and glitches.

More weapons wouldnt hurt either.

HumanTorch7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 HumanTorch7
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts
hey u guys are all talking about story n more weapons, yea that would be great in the game, but somethin that would have everyone goin crazy is a CREAT YOUR OWN COG for multiplayer matches, somethin like Rainbow 6 Vegas
keen_desire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 keen_desire
Member since 2006 • 317 Posts
A solid story please.
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

The problem with 8v8 is that will undoubtedly take away from the cover tactics the devs wanted us to use... bigger maps could solve that thoughshadow8585

Cover.....What cover? :shock:

YEPEE00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 4

#106 YEPEE00
Member since 2004 • 1277 Posts
tow line on chainsaw.anti-infan laying. injuries (i.e. the double re-sess) a better shotgun(canon). more destuctable enviros. two player alt. main bosses or missions. better or in-gamestippling rounds effects and nightime flash blind effects. less "enemy" veiwpoint intill during the credits.
Avatar image for SMASHED_ASPHALT
SMASHED_ASPHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SMASHED_ASPHALT
Member since 2007 • 1777 Posts

i definatly want a STORY some new guns and maybe some vehicle actiongamerboy27

That and to kill, maim & destroy! lol

swizzlar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 swizzlar
Member since 2005 • 638 Posts
four player campaign mode so that the silly AI for cole and baird dont get in my way wen im trying to snipe someone. with more ppl wen ur downed ur other real players can get u up
dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#109 dannyodwyer
Member since 2005 • 2179 Posts

Flying Mounts and 2 new races

:P

ROFLcopter_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ROFLcopter_69
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
  • ZERO glitches, they ruin the game
  • 5vs5 multi (6 is too much)
  • no host advantage
  • free for all death match
  • a high cover urban map
  • deeper storyline for single (get more in depth 2 the history of the locust or the cogs arival on the planet)
  • have the option 2 not start with shottys, like have it selectable like other weapons

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
After carefull consideration. I want ALOT more enemies with more hitpoints. I mean I literally want to damn near run out of ammo on each level because of the increased amount of badguys. I also want those locust dudes to be able to soak up even more damage meaning 2 clips should put one down for good.I want me and my partner to be backs against a wall screaming at each other for help because the enmy is everywhere. Basically I want it so after every level I have to take a valium and a shower. :shock:
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

- Not so "dark color only" -graphic, more colorful environment.

- More bossfights

- Longer singleplay campaign

heavenlycheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 heavenlycheese
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
they gotta add some more custom game options, maybe different team numbers, and better pistols...
bteast1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 bteast1999
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

no glitches

be able to boob people out of ranked matches

6v6

fix the lag

every weapon on every map

no more active reload

Clinton015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#115 Clinton015
Member since 2005 • 9039 Posts
i definatly want a STORY some new guns and maybe some vehicle actiongamerboy27
were you paying attention to gears one....it had a story and i dunno why some people said it didnt....yes it was a cliffhanger but every game or movie that is a cliffhanger doesnt mean it was thrown together without a story... but i def want new guns maps and modes...as well as a fix for host domination...but no vehicles.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

You want a story? ...Gears had a story, smart one.

As for what I want, I want better multiplayer with much, much, much less host action.

blaine66

there was nothing smart about the gears story. the only good part about it was the back story that they explain in the art book that came w/ the LE, and even that was decidedly 1 dimensional. it's a real shame to caus they could have done so much more w/ that game than they actually did, espeshally w/ that vehicle sequence.....like how many words for lame do you think there are in the dictionary....obviousley not enough

spidey008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#117 spidey008
Member since 2002 • 2309 Posts

Here is my list:

• I want Halo style Matchmaking and Ranks please...
  • Larger maps with more players.
  • More guns and grenades.
  • Longer and more involved campaign.
  • Vehicals would be nice in campaign, I'm not sure about MP.
  • Better cover control. It is too sticky right now.
sToK3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 sToK3d
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts

u guys are all stooopid, what we really need are dual-wieldable swords!! heck yeahhh!!! also to fly the helicopters :ddd

crazymidgit25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 crazymidgit25
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
I would make so that you could customize or colors ect.. like in halo.Also I know having host advantage is fun but it is way to strong especialy with the shotgun, they need to tone it down a bit andI guess add in some new weapons and have some of the gliches fixed
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

You pretty much changed every aspect of Gears' core gameplay. Which is; close range combat. So, if you really want these things done in the next game, I think it's safer to say you just don't like the gameplay of Gears.

FearlessSpirit

i really enjoy gears and am an avid fan that understands the direction and choices that Cliffy B made when creating this game... and i don't see how my suggestions would change the core mechanic of the game. close quarter combat definitely is a focus in Gears, but its not the only thing that the game emphasizes. a huge part of the game is cover, which can be done in both close quarters and from afar. a problem that i see with the MP in regaurd to how the SP is played are that players are getting TOO close to their opponent. in SP, you are awfully close to the locust at times... with your cover being mere feet away from the enemy's. but Gears' MP goes beyond that... having players most of the time ditching their cover and going face to face with the shotgun.

i understand that the shotugn is a fundamental part of how the MP is played... but that is by the choice of the community, and not Epic themselves. other than dealing with wretches, you don't see the SP encouraging you to forget about your cover and go gun-ho with the shotty. hell, that will get you killed in SP on insane mode.

if Epic wants to make the MP experience closer to how the SP is like, they are going to have to take measures to separate the opponents. hence why i say boost lancer/hammerburst damage (since in SP, you are probably taking down the locust with these two guns from medium range half of the time). also stopping melees from being automatic death would stop encouraging any cover-ditching mentality that someone would have and choose to shoot from their own side of the wall.

and to those saying that 6v6 would ruin the close quarters feel... i would have to disagree. everytime i hear people praising R6V, they compliment how R6V's close quarter combat works, where there is a huge emphasis on being smart when it comes to picking cover and finding a way to flank the enemy. larger groups of people playing in MP can still have that small feeling so long as the maps are designed with the number of players in mind. maps like canals are great for 4v4, but IMO, other maps like gridlock or bulletmarsh just feel a bit empty in a full game.. and that empty feeling is the opposite of how being in tight quarters getting fired on is meant to be like.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 c0mplex

[QUOTE="gamerboy27"]i definatly want a STORY some new guns and maybe some vehicle actionClinton015
were you paying attention to gears one....it had a story and i dunno why some people said it didnt....yes it was a cliffhanger but every game or movie that is a cliffhanger doesnt mean it was thrown together without a story... but i def want new guns maps and modes...as well as a fix for host domination...but no vehicles.

the story was there, but it felt like there was a lot of stuff that were interesting that was never touched upon in the game itself. thins like Marcus' trial and his family... all you know from the game's story is that he had a trial and a family... but nothing else.

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
They should give it some rpg elements, get rid of the guns and have swords and magic instead.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
better guns, more background to the story, better mp modes, sweater graphics (:o)
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts

- a move up to 6v6.

- some more imaginative guns.

- no vehicles

- add devices in the game to make the gameplay deeper (trip mines, radar, etc).

- morale meter that was suppose to be in the first game, but add it to MP.

- more asymmetric maps.

- capture the flag mode.

- client-side hit detection (no host advantage).

- NO starting with shotguns. make it a gun that you have to pick up.

- no invincibility during a curb-stomp or chainsaw.

- more emphasis on vertical gameplay.

- be able to vote people out of the game.

- not getting stunned after a melee... so that melee doesn't mean automatic death.

- power up lancer and hammerburst damage from far range.

c0mplex

i agree with most of that also they should add a more like the juggernaut mode in Halo and the Juggernaut would be Berseker, i think that would be pretty cool.

skizzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 skizzel
Member since 2003 • 91 Posts

i would want better use of unreal 3 physics engine. where we could shoot support out. it all looked so good in the tech demo a while back.

a bit more non linear.

4 player co op

new weapons

destructable walls. i want a game where you blow your own paths through a building, like the berserkers who smash through doors and walls, i want to grenade or rocket or set a charge on a wall and then blast into the next room, shoot the doors down, or crumble existing doorways so the enemy has to find another way in, locusts could send a berserker through the wall first, and while your buddy hammer of dawns it you have to take out the locusts coming through the hole they just made in the wall. or you could just keep running.

maybe some sort of boobytrap like in far cry. trip mines would be cool.

Shadez_is_back

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Shadez_is_back
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts
nude mod
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

no glitches

be able to boob people out of ranked matches

6v6

fix the lag

every weapon on every map

no more active reload

bteast1999

hehe, boob.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
More maps, flamethrower, no dual wield that's stupid, I want to see more vehicles and fight a brumak in one, land mines, trip mines, customizable characters (would probably be really to put in the game), grandpa, bling, civil war veterans, orphans, gangstas, road warrior, more multiplayer modes (CTF, Survival, match custimization), Lil' Ricky, turtles, a badass locust assault rifle not the hammerburst smg, lovable wise crackin sidekick.
ziggy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ziggy87
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts

definately four player coop

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 c0mplex

c0mplex

looks like Epic has been listening to me... :)

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
Why is the hype starting for this game now, it's so far away.....(I want longer sp)
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#132 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
minimal host advantage, shotgun less powerful, no active downing with a sniper, you can only chainsaw from the side or behind (Im sick of being drawn into a chainsaw), 6v6, larger maps, one of the main characters dies (t spice up the story), Some type of shocking twist at the end that transitions the story, and a BETTER ONLINE COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
no host advantage, awesome weapons.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
More game modes, a ranking system which you unlock stuff as you progress, a weapon pickup when you start a round would be nice.
PriceIsRight31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 PriceIsRight31
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

for gears 2 , Cliffy I hope you search this forum:!

a 3v1 but the 1 is the berserker... the berserker since its blind would have a blurry screen and lots of health and issuper powerful. like he runs around in a tight map and one hit kill for him

more weapons ovbiously like the locusts have a machine gun with a drill on the end not a chainsaw, more maps some small some big lik a ruined castle or marcus's old run-down neighbourhood

not one but two campaigns. and pretty long, one as the COGs and one as the Locusts

each player has 30 attribut pts in different categories like sniping. melee,reloading, agility, speed, and stealth

more active environments so you can use it to your advantage like if your a locust drilling a hole in the wall and hide or something.

some more words while playing like if youjam your gun or something instead of sayin "dammit" or "oh **** say **** this" and of course 4 player coop and 5v5 LIVE:D

Ryoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Ryoco
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

With single player and co-op I just want more of the same. Gears was the best shooter I have played for the 360 because it provided a fun challenge, not a cheap experience like in COD4.

For mulitplayer, I want some larger games with some more players in a match.

PriceIsRight31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 PriceIsRight31

when you get downed you should have to crawl around slowly bleedin to the death and trying to find a teammate to help you but if an enemy comes by . ur screwed.

since the game is close quarters you should have a knife and sneak up to people and assasinate them and when people are down more ways to execute them

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#138 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
[QUOTE="c0mplex"]

- a move up to 6v6.

- some more imaginative guns.

- no vehicles

- add devices in the game to make the gameplay deeper (trip mines, radar, etc).

- morale meter that was suppose to be in the first game, but add it to MP.

- more asymmetric maps.

- capture the flag mode.

- client-side hit detection (no host advantage).

- NO starting with shotguns. make it a gun that you have to pick up.

- have team remade after every game based on skill to keep things even.

- no invincibility during a curb-stomp or chainsaw.

- more emphasis on vertical gameplay.

- be able to vote people out of the game.

- not getting stunned after a melee... so that melee doesn't mean automatic death.

atreyu27

I agree.

I agree as well. That list sums up my thoghts pretty completely

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#139 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

They should give it some rpg elements, get rid of the guns and have swords and magic instead.michael098

You're joking, right?

cadiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 cadiu
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts
A lot of new weapons, maps, game modes, longer campaign, and4 co-op campaign
nickyd0041

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 nickyd0041
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I think gears 2 should have a matchmaking system like halo then you could choose like 2v2 or 4v4 or even 8v8.

Longer story mode with 4 player co-op.

NO ACTIVE RELOADS!!! especially for the sniper.

Add more mp game types deathmatch, ctf, etc

Lower host advantage as much as possible.

I would love to have a knife in mp and maybe some C4 or something.

anthony1312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 anthony1312
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

I want to pull out a grenade when u get frag tagged by tappin A plus less glitches :)

PriceIsRight31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 PriceIsRight31

i have a stinky bumhole so i think that there should be cans of axe body spray lying on the battle field so i can spray my smelly bumhole.it would be kool if there were flamethrowers so i could light my farts on fire,that would reek.

also it would be kool if there was a map that was underwater and all the soldiers had scuba gear on.

it wuold be kool if there was awsome music playing and if it was hardcore everybody would get pumped and play really great!