What are your thoughts on Fallout 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheGodfather125
TheGodfather125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheGodfather125
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
I got Oblivion and it was one of my fav games. After watching the demo of Fallout I feel kind of disappointed. Luckily he was playing in the outskirts of a city so that's why it was so uninteresting looking (well besides the awesome graphics for the environments). But the gameplay is what gets me: There is no aiming reticule- I am kind of disappointed from this because it is a good idea but it looks like it is really really hard to aim right as the demo guy missed many MANY time at point blank. Also the VATS just seems pointless. Ya it's cinematic but it's not FUN. All the graphics in the game are amazing but the gun models need a lot of work. That's what I think.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think it's a brilliant game idea that's coming together very well.

The extra 360 only content seals the deal.

The best part is that it offers you 3rd or 1st person when it comes to controlling the game, I like that they offer you flexibility.

That_MC_Jerome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 That_MC_Jerome
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

IT OWNS

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts

Mucho awesomeness.

Bethesda won't let us down with this one.

MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
I think it looks outstanding. There is an aiming reticule. How is VATS pointless!?! Maybe this type of game is just not your style but I think it looks like a helluvalot of fun.
biglewiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 biglewiss
Member since 2007 • 157 Posts

IT LOOKS LIKE DA BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!

but for real it looks really good

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts
I cant what for Fallout 3. It looks like it'll be one of the best games to come out in a while. And the VATS looks sweet.
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

iv been waiting for this game for years

though i gotta admit the guy playing and talking made it look crappy i know it will be better

Power_Wrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Power_Wrist
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
It looks extraordinary.
cluelesspug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 cluelesspug
Member since 2007 • 3398 Posts

It looks amazing.

I can't wait to build one of those teddy bear launchers like in the video.

THECELLMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 THECELLMASTER
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
My personal thoughts on fallout 3 is that it looks awsome and i think if i get the chance to play ill love it.
JimmyJimJim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JimmyJimJim
Member since 2003 • 2135 Posts
I wasn't very impressed with the gameplay the movement looked funny and the shooting and the killing didn't impress me much it looks kinda robotic and cheaply done. I actually skipped over most of it during the microsoft briefing I was that underwhelmed with it.
KaizerChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 KaizerChief
Member since 2005 • 235 Posts
i looks like the next 6 months of my life!! it is gonna be A-F***IN_MAZING!!!!
RockToTheLed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RockToTheLed
Member since 2006 • 1409 Posts
Between Fallout 3, Gears 2, Fable 2, Too Human, Soul Calibur 4, and Mercenaries, as well as other titles, this is looking like one of the best few months for gaming! Fallout 3 looks downright amazing, VAX seems awesome, there is an aiming reticule, watch the gameplay again, you'll see it. Can't wait for it, that and Gears will be two of the best games we'd had played in a very long time from the looks of it.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
^ It's "VATS", although it's an honost mistake if you're only going by the E3 demo. Kinda sounds like VAX
Avatar image for uconnhuskies050
uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 uconnhuskies050
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts
There obviously is an aiming reticule and I really thing the demo guy was just a bad shot. Everything about the game looks amazing, can't wait for it. I want a freakin' teddy launcher so I too can make people asplode!
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
I got Oblivion and it was one of my fav games. After watching the demo of Fallout I feel kind of disappointed. Luckily he was playing in the outskirts of a city so that's why it was so uninteresting looking (well besides the awesome graphics for the environments). But the gameplay is what gets me: There is no aiming reticule- I am kind of disappointed from this because it is a good idea but it looks like it is really really hard to aim right as the demo guy missed many MANY time at point blank. Also the VATS just seems pointless. Ya it's cinematic but it's not FUN. All the graphics in the game are amazing but the gun models need a lot of work. That's what I think.TheGodfather125
dont forget the gun models may look stale now but the game is still 3 months away from release...thats plenty of time to add polish...and the final stage of most game development is adding polish...also maybe to make it more cinematic he turned the reticle off...there was a reticle in oblivion i dont see why they wouldnt have one here especially since it revoles around guns now not swords...of all the games coming out this year this is by far my most hyped one
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts
I'm getting more excited about this game by the day...
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts
I was very excited.....BUT....When they showed the vids where you kill someone with the teddy bear I got turned off. Turned off as if I saw a hot chick with crossed eyes and bucked teeth. I dont know, I try to block it out....but blood came from the enemy when he got hit with a teddy bear? C'mon.
ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts

i was sceptical of how much of a flop it was going to be after the first teaser trailer. then after the first showing of the vats (or whatever)..i was like..ok..pretty cool. and then they showed the whole open world..i thought cool...and then the whole radio station..i thought cool..and then the teddy bear launcher...F******* AMAZING.....haha. im sold on this game. and i will be playin this for sure on release day. This is going to be an amazing few months. Games im gettin for sure..too human, fable 2, gears 2, fall out 3, rock band 2, and theres more i cant think of.....CRAZYYYYY AWSOMMMMEE

Avatar image for deactivated-5829d9bd191c4
deactivated-5829d9bd191c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5829d9bd191c4
Member since 2007 • 1294 Posts
k
Avatar image for HeroxOfxThexDay
HeroxOfxThexDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HeroxOfxThexDay
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts
Fallout dosent look to be the greatest game ever, just has alot of potential, it looks really good, i was satisfied to say the least
RockToTheLed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RockToTheLed
Member since 2006 • 1409 Posts

^ It's "VATS", although it's an honost mistake if you're only going by the E3 demo. Kinda sounds like VAXTrickshot771

lol thanks for that, as I was typing it I was saying it aloud thinking to myself it didn't sound right, but went through with it anyways :P

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Amazing.
Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chaism
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

Compared to moderen games it looks Amazing, Compared to Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 it has nothing on the games and lacks the humor or even a 1/10th of the writing and feeling it has. However most people on this forum I bet have yet to play Fallout 1 or 2 or even know what they were like so for them its cool to swallow this new shallow version of a true classic. Its like reading "Paradise lost" Cliff notes that have been left out in the rain and thinking you read the real story.

P.S The "VATS" System is a offshoot of the oringal games which allowed you to make targeted attacks so if your enemey is using a two handed weapon like say a Rifle or Sledgehammer you could aim for his left arm and try to cripple it so he couldn't attack with his two handed weapon, Also you could aim at the eyes,the head and the groin and etc...Saddly this new "VATS" lacks many of the options for this soo...

doogie276

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 doogie276
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts

It DOES have AIMING RETICULE they were nightvision green and small, the sniper didnt have one because well.. its a sniper and the shotgun one looked like thi: ([o]) lol?.. but much smaller and the laser rifle one was [ but pointing down like andupside down V

bringndaheat08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#28 bringndaheat08
Member since 2004 • 685 Posts
I think the outskirts looks great. That is very appealing to me, playing a character who is fighting to survive and gets his supplies and food from run-down diners and stores. It sounds like a great RPG.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
Fallout 3 is the kind of game that makes me regret that im going straight into tech college this august, instead of taking a yearfull of sabbath :cry:
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#30 jmrwacko
Member since 2003 • 6469 Posts
Meh. It's oblivion with guns. I didn't like oblivion, I won't like this, probably.
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts
i've not seen much off it, but i watch abit on e3 yesterday and it looks a good game, a game i migh get.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#32 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I think it looks like a potential GoTY.

whereismycouch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 whereismycouch
Member since 2005 • 266 Posts

I think, like the previous Fallout games, it'll be great. On a personal level, I'm just not digging the VATS system.

xt3kn1x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 xt3kn1x
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I've played every Fallout game produced, and even though this seems to be a completely new revamp on the game, it should be awesome. The story of Fallout is just fantastic.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

I disagree completely, the preview that was shown was only a segment. And the game has a lot more to offer, I wish people would just be patient and wait for more gameplay footage.

Eagles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eagles5
Member since 2005 • 302 Posts
cannot wait to play this game...They demoed on G4 loooveee the teddy bear launcher, and the mini nuke!