What are your opinions on LA Noire?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for logans122094360
logans122094360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 logans122094360
Member since 2010 • 327 Posts

Topic

DujePro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DujePro
Member since 2011 • 116 Posts
rockstar is making great games these days red dead and now la noire, my opinion great game
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
another one of these? like i've said before, it's a great game.
hotplayer220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 hotplayer220
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

Great game! Pacing isn't too bad. If you keep up with the side crimes it keeps the action levels up. I did use a guide sometimes to speed the longer cases up. Achievements are ok... unless you are going for the big ones... they are quite meticulous. I beat the game in one rental period (7 days).

Some rather silly bugs sometimes, but nothing too cripling at all.

I really liked it. Its a pretty linear story, but you have the chance to sandbox between the story line.

LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

Amazing game.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Great game and it is very engrossing but its the same gameplay,run after someone,have a simple and easy shootout,chase someone in a car "Get close cole I'll shoot the wheels" its the same every time.

I did enjoy it but was missing a bit more gameplay.

TwiztidJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 TwiztidJoker
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts

The main story is a lot of fun and very entertaining, but after beating the game there is little reason to pick it back up. I also didn't care for the driving and shooting too much, and usually just fast travelled to locations.

FabinhoJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 FabinhoJR
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Great game, but...feel's like a interact movie....drive, drive, drive, watch, drive, interrogate,and more drive, watch...needs more action. Still Great
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

I really like it a lot. I am almost done with the game i think i have about 5 or 6 cases left. The only thing i dont like about this game is that it takes forever to drive from place to place especially when it comes to side missions. I remember I was going to finish a case and then i got called to do a side mission, and it was so far away I literally had to drive to the other side of the map then when i finished it I had to drive all the way back to the other side again to finish the case. One thing I really wish they put into this game in is some sort of fast travel to eliminate all the long driving. Other then that i give the game about a 9.

king871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 king871
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts

probably one of the worst games i've played this year. i can honestly say this was one of the most overrated crap titles i ever bought. i rather play brink ONLINE than this. choppy gameplay, horrendous graphics, bland repititive story. get out of here

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

probably one of the worst games i've played this year. i can honestly say this was one of the most overrated crap titles i ever bought. i rather play brink ONLINE than this. choppy gameplay, horrendous graphics, bland repititive story. get out of here

king871

lol Why do you need to troll every topic made?

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Boring game...Not what I expected. The side crimes too are repetitive. 6.0-7.0 to be honest...A lot of great ideas and very nice peaks and awesome moments but these are too far and between. Most of the game is kinda boring.
king871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 king871
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts

^ in a nicer way what this guy said

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

I watched some LA Noire gameplay videos on youtube and it doesnt sound like grand theft auto or any RPG action adventure game. So Im not really gonna bother getting it, for the sake of spending $60..

The game really sucks in my opinion anyway.

MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

I didn't like the ending at all. Rockstar made the ending very stupid IMO.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

I didn't like the ending at all. Rockstar made the ending very stupid IMO.

MrMe1000
Agreed but I did like [spoiler] playing as Kelso [/spoiler] but still it was very rushed by the very end and I found a lot of parts of it stupid... Ugh Team Bondi messed up something that had so much potential
kenchen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kenchen23
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

worst game of all time. Hell, is almost like not even a game, b/c all you do is look for evidence and ask question.

Sainterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sainterz
Member since 2011 • 80 Posts
Amazing game, I am loving it so far! Graphics look great and I like this new game style. Anything that tries something out of the ordinary these days deserves praise. Enough content to fit on 3 disks and two lots of bonus DLC that will cost $20 all for $45 from eBay brand new, thats a win.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Good game, gets repetitive.
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
I can honestly say I was not impressed by it... seems like a giant step back from GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption imo.
xJuice_Boxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 xJuice_Boxx
Member since 2008 • 244 Posts

I really enjoyed it. It was a nice change of pace from all the shooters and other stuff thats out there. It was nice to just go at a slower pace and find all the clues to put them together rather than being on guard for someone to pop out from behind a rock and blow me up. After playing for awhile however I really did get the urge to play GTA 4 so I could roam around and blow stuff up for a bit, so I did, and it was amazing. None the less, LA Noire is a great game. You really cant go wrong with Rockstar.

xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts
It's good but move beyond the face tech and the game is quite average, shooting is dull and the movement and interactions are clunky. There really is little choice throughout the game, it basically leads you down a linear path. The story is ok, but for a game that is all about the story it is a major let down.
Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

This game is haunted by repetitive gameplay. The overall look, design, and story of the game are wonderful. It really does feel like you're playing a movie. However, the game is extremely repetitive. Every case and interrogation feel exactly the same. And to be honest, it's frustrating to drive all the way across town to interrogate one person then have to drive all the way back. I know you can fast travel, but with the achievement for driving all the cars and driving 194 miles, you kinda have to drive.

BUT the thing that really holds this game back for me is the fact that how you do in your cases DOESN'T MATTER. Go ahead, don't find all of the clues. Don't get a single interview question right. IT DOESN'T MATTER! You'll proceed on to the next case and be receiving the praises of you captain. That really really REALLY bothered me.

Still, given its flaws, 8/10 for me.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

looks interesting, when the price eventually drops to around £15, then I'll pick it up

Gbanduser45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Gbanduser45
Member since 2010 • 196 Posts

Having loads of fun whenever I play it but I only do a case or two at a time and can get real frustrating interrogating some of the suspects especially when they act all high and mighty despite the evidence against them but I guess thats just criminals for you. Hoping Rockstar and Team Bondi will either release all the dlc at a small price for all players and perhaps make some more.

HALO2cookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HALO2cookie
Member since 2004 • 5846 Posts
Its SO boring!!!!!!!!! Looks nice though.
Luz1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Luz1978
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
This has to be one of the most annoying games ever. Every time you leave the police staion police officer/s say the exact same thing, the same sound bite over and over again, go into a cafe/bar and the same two or three things are said over and over again. And whats with all the NPCs either insulting you (a policeman?!), or just sounding like a looney saying out loud to themselves, hey isnt that the cop from the paper?! It is so annoying, lame and could hve been avoided, makes the game seem much less immersive than it should. Then there is the actual gameplay, its ok for a few hours, but it becomes laboured and boring, go into a bar, introduce yourslef and run after someone on a boring chase, if he gets away, just start again, no punishment for failure at all?!. You must arrest people even though you know they are innocent and how come nothing is said about the blood drenched clothing etc found in all the innocents houses once you find out the killer is suprisingly someone you havent arrested yet?! The driving in the game is boring and pointless 80% of the time, basically the game is a series of cut scenes, walking around a room untill the controller vibrates and then interrogate someone, mostly pressing doubt works regardless of whether you know the answer or not... The game is a big fail and a big dissapointment to me.... Its a definate style over substance game, the idea has merit, the execution is poor....
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

great game it just wasnt a game for me though i only played to like the main mission with the naked dead person i just got bored

allboutkiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 allboutkiln
Member since 2010 • 508 Posts

Interesting at first, but then it got repetitive. The crime scene, victim, bar, residence 'pattern' is mind numbing.

Having played & enjoyed the CSI games, the investigative elements in this game are rather bland.

The real winner here are the Motion Scan Technology devs.

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
It's an amazing game except for it's framerate problems driving is sort of a pain when it happens
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I think there are some major flaws in the game. To me, everything that isn't putting the controller down and watching a performance is either flat out meh or has a huge flaw that greatly diminishes the enjoyment I get from it.
EXEraserVS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EXEraserVS
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts
It was definitely risky, and IMO, the risk paid off. The game is refreshing and a very unique experience. The story, 1940s setting, detective story in LA, etc. may not be original, but it's pretty cool to see this concept as a game. I like it much better than GTAIV, but maybe slightly less than Red Dead, only because of Red Dead's western setting. Both Red Dead and LA Noire are pretty awesome.
Avatar image for HammerSmashBass
HammerSmashBass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HammerSmashBass
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

Not on the same level as GTA or RDR.

L.A. Noire is good but not great. The story itself is pretty great but there's basically nothing else to the game. The street crimes are borderline painful to play and the player has nothing to do once the story ends. The shootouts are extremely easy and the correct answers in interrogations are generally fairly obvious. As fun as the cases are, I'd say this is a rental game.

Coming from a Rockstar homer.

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
I really liked LA Noire. However, there isn't much else outside the main story like there was in RDR and GTA. For example, you could play minigames in GTA, go to strip clubs, race cars, buy outfits, and other stuff. RDR had the challenges, poker, liars dice, five finger fillet, and side quests just to name a few. I feel that LA Noire just doesn't have a lot of distractions like RDR and GTA4 did. However, still an incredible game.
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

ive been wanting to pick this game up. i was just laying low and checking out opinions. looks like im about to go get it!

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Here's the old post.