What are you looking forward to seeing in Mass Effect 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Technomancer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Technomancer82
Member since 2011 • 215 Posts

Hi guys

Mass Effect 3 is not out until next year, but as a huge Mass Effect fan I'm already pretty stoked about it.

Also going to be interesting to see how this supposed multi player is going to work out.

I made a small post about the stuff that I'm looking the most forward to seeing in Mass Effect 3, which you can check out here:

http://www.lightspeed-gaming.com/2011/10/5-things-i-cant-wait-to-see-in-mass.html" title="http://www.lightspeed-gaming.com/2011/10/5-things-i-cant-wait-to-see-in-mass.html">

What about you guys?

What are you looking forward to the most in ME3?

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

The multiplayer of course and to see how the trilogy ends

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I probably won't touch this game's MP since it shouldn't be a two-player game. The first two were perfectly fine without it.

I am very excited to see how decisions made in ME2 will play out.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#4 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
the weight of my decisions from the other games, and to see if it really affects the way the story ends/evolves
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

I'm looking forward to the end.

But not in the way of "The best part of the movie was when it ended", I mean I want to see how my decisions across 3 games affect the finale of the game.

Oh and for the record I'm not going to touch the MP in that game, I don't see why it needs it.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

I probably won't touch this game's MP since it shouldn't be a two-player game. The first two were perfectly fine without it.

Blueresident87

Interesting, that's the one thing I thought could really improve the game. We'll see.

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

thing im looking forward to the most is seeing how my decisions from the previous games change this one, depending of which of my characters i load into it

just for the record i HATE the idea of multiplayer in this game, it stinks of EA's influence forcing it onto a franchise that doesnt need it, just like they did with Dead Space 2........

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HilbillyRokstar

thing im looking forward to the most is seeing how my decisions from the previous games change this one, depending of which of my characters i load into it

just for the record i HATE the idea of multiplayer in this game, it stinks of EA's influence forcing it onto a franchise that doesnt need it, just like they did with Dead Space 2........

NoDzombie
Really, why? Do you HATE interacting with other people that badly? I'm sure it will be put in only as an option for those that want it. I don't see how they are force feeding you anything. I, for one, never wasted my time in DS2 with the MP.
NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

[QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

HilbillyRokstar

Really, why? Do you HATE interacting with other people that badly? I'm sure it will be put in only as an option for those that want it. I don't see how they are force feeding you anything. I, for one, never wasted my time in DS2 with the MP.

i have no problem with Multiplayer, i just feel that for a game like Mass Effect the time and money that is spent on developing a multiplayer component would be far better spent on adding to the singleplayer because the multiplyer will likely get abandoned by most people aftter a relatively short period of time.....

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Well, I can tell you want I don't want. Multiplayer mode. Unless of course it is Local multiplayer mode. Which in this day and age probably won't happen... I really just want the trilogy to end and not suck while they do it. If that happens I'll be happy and go back to RPG games.
microsoft4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 microsoft4life
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

NoDzombie

i have no problem with Multiplayer, i just feel that for a game like Mass Effect the time and money that is spent on developing a multiplayer component would be far better spent on adding to the singleplayer because the multiplyer will likely get abandoned by most people aftter a relatively short period of time.....

Very well said. The money would be better spent on the SP.

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

NoDzombie

How do you know EA influenced the multiplayer whats your source?

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="NoDzombie"]

JopaGeri

How do you know EA influenced the multiplayer whats your source?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7069-EA-President-Says-Single-Player-Game-Model-Is--Finished-.html

Won't let me link, but there it is. When a major figure in the company says that they think singleplayer games are essentially dead, it shows they're willing to throw in unnecessary multiplayer in the hope that will make the game sell better. Which it won't.

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
I'm anxious to see how my story ends. All the decisions from ME1, ME2, and the DLC and how it will all play out. Regarding the new multiplayer announcement, I think Bioware/EA are trying to get too cute and too fancy with the addition of multiplayer and Kinect features. Whats wrong with just delivering the great single player experience? That's what separates ME games from all other games; it doesn't need multiplayer to be excellent. Look at how many rewards it received from ME1 and ME2. Why does a game like Mass Effect REQUIRE multiplayer? Why is that REQUIRED? A game that is so heavily story driven for years is now turning into a single player and multiplayer game. I'm not condeming ME3 just yet, but I am strongly against Multiplayer in my mass effect game. Mass Effect was supposed to be a trilogy and story around you, your commander shepard. Your choices and actions have consequences. The experience is soley yours to enjoy on your own. I can understand multiplayer in some games, it makes sense. Multiplayer and Mass Effect just doesn't mix well though.
Avatar image for deactivated-60d51668b0c31
deactivated-60d51668b0c31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60d51668b0c31
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I also have trouble seeing in how Mass Effect needs a multiplayer. While Mass Effects plays out like a shooter. It is still to be considered a RPG in which the story is pivotal. Even when they slowly diminished several RPG Elements.If the single player doesn't suffer from it then I don't mind that option. So for me the story has to have a good ending.
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

how the story wraps up. they've made a epic universe here and they better end it in a befitting way.
I've got no worries though, bioware always does right by me.

Avatar image for Residentevil999
Residentevil999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Residentevil999
Member since 2005 • 948 Posts

I can't wait to see how it ends, some of the new choices you will have to make, and the use of the omni sword. Can't wait for it,

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#18 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
Mass Effect is The Lord of the Rings of videogames
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#19 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

HilbillyRokstar

Interesting, that's the one thing I thought could really improve the game. We'll see.

I'm not swearing off the MP like a lot of people, just saying that I probably won't play the game this way.

In the first two I really enjoyed how immersed I became in the story and the gameplay, I don't think multiplayer will enhance that in any way. If anything it would do the opposite for me.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#20 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

looking forward to putting Tali in danger andwatching her die a slow painfull death.. preferably after she's revieled her face.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

Blueresident87

I'm not swearing off the MP like a lot of people, just saying that I probably won't play the game this way.

In the first two I really enjoyed how immersed I became in the story and the gameplay, I don't think multiplayer will enhance that in any way. If anything it would do the opposite for me.

The co-op is a confirmed separate 4-player campaign. SOUNDS FRIGGIN' AWESOME! . . .LINK . . .

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/7001/bioware-details-mass-effect-3-s-4-player-co-op-mode.html

gizmo062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gizmo062
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
As a huge fan, I'm dying to see how it'll all end. I'm hoping to see some kind of impact on some of the choices made from ME1. (2 didn't really show any effects from the decisions or choices). I'm also hoping that we get to see what Quarians look like.. Basically, I'd just love to get some closure on everything that we don't already know. CAN'T WAIT !
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'm very stoked about Mass Effect 3. The things I'm looking forward to the most are:

The event of Shepherd's answering for destroying the Batarian system in The Arrival.

Captain Anderson in combat.

The Quarians' attempt to retake their homeworld from the Geth.

The reason why Cerberus is after Shepherd (personally, I suspect that the Illusive Man is a Reaper).

It's been said that Shepherd might have to sacrifice entire civilizations to stop the Reapers.

Ooooooo I can't wait for ME3!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i cant wait to see how ME3 ends the others characters i hope ME3 have all the characters of ME2 i cant wait
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#25 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Seeing how things wrap up.
allboutkiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 allboutkiln
Member since 2010 • 508 Posts

I did'nt like the first ME, i really enjoyed ME 2, i'm just hoping for a bigger, longer game with lots of exciting places to visit and things to do. Storywise i don't care how it ends, i prefer the trees to the forest.